Wii U Page 1199

• Page

of 1370 First / Last

• Pinky_Floyd 9 Apr 2014 09:51:51 8,048 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    In the bleak mid winter, Smash will launch. Going to be a lot of dusty wii u's around unless E3 brings dates and surprises.
  • nickthegun 9 Apr 2014 09:52:55 60,517 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Smash is not the game for making bundles fly off the shelf at christmas.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Pinky_Floyd 9 Apr 2014 09:56:28 8,048 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @nickthegun I'm not even sure I want it, I have the Wii one and it didn't really grab me. Everyone says it's superb but I didn't see it. Probably just didn't give it enough time.
  • Sid-Nice 9 Apr 2014 10:09:42 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm not a big fan of the Smash Bros series either; I bought the games for my kids to play who are now 36, 31, 30, 25 and 21. Possibly the grandchildren will like it.

NNID Sid-Nice

• jambii267 9 Apr 2014 13:52:41 1,366 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Brawl was rubbish, slowed it down too much.

Melee was where it was at.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• Raiko101 9 Apr 2014 16:31:14 6,441 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well, thats a massive blow to the Wii U schedule, but until this direct was announced I honestly expected a christmas release. I'm definitely picking up the 3DS version. I guess Nintendo are hoping I pick up the other at Christmas. We'll see...

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Erek 9 Apr 2014 20:41:59 231 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Have Nintendo given up on the WU?
  • TheMayorOfJugs 9 Apr 2014 20:43:42 4,036 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Erek wrote:
    Have Nintendo given up on the WU?
    Yeh bro. It's all exercise now.

Prepare to buy Wii Shuus.
  • RichieTenenbaum 9 Apr 2014 21:37:07 2,223 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Seriously, it annoys me to see Nintendo give in like this.

Buy some studios! Get some games out! At least announce some!
  • jablonski 9 Apr 2014 21:42:48 4,389 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think this has tipped me over. Going to sell mine, and I only got it in January.

Mario made me impulse buy. There is nothing else that interests me.
    The last good Mario Kart was the SNES one
  • captainrentboy 9 Apr 2014 21:44:43 1,026 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jesus, that is one weak line up of games. I'm assuming their E3 presence will be pretty pitiful, bordering on non-existent.
    If Nintendo can't be arsed with the machine, there really can't be much longer left. I'll be surprised if it lasts two more Christmases.
  • superbob85 9 Apr 2014 21:50:18 2,421 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    I want to pick one up for Mario Kart and Smash Bros but will hold out to see what Nintendo's plans at E3 are.
  • ToonMonkey 9 Apr 2014 22:35:48 334 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    I think this has tipped me over. Going to sell mine, and I only got it in January.

I got mine for xmas and sold it on ebay last weekend. Mario was awesome but cannae justify a whole console for one game.
  • jablonski 9 Apr 2014 22:49:32 4,389 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ToonMonkey wrote:
    jablonski wrote:

I got mine for xmas and sold it on ebay last weekend. Mario was awesome but cannae justify a whole console for one game.
    Yep. My lady is giving me shit for selling it so soon, but Nintendo are not going to support it so why should I?
  • FatSternKikwi 9 Apr 2014 22:57:56 580 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If they don't support it I am officially done with nintendo. I mean the wii U wasn't cheap and it was bought with the unspoken promise of many games coming out in years to come.

If they can't do the right thing towards their loyal fans then I am done with them.
  • prawnking1980 9 Apr 2014 23:00:32 4,742 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I am in a better position than most in that some third party games I hadn't played last couple of years that actually were released on the thing I have picked up cheap and can play on it. If it were just fur Nintendo games then I can see the problem. Having said for me it is great when my nieces visit, keeps them amused and I can play games with them as well.
  • sega 9 Apr 2014 23:09:13 908 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is it bad that I'm kind of relieved the Wii U isn't doing well? I was really excited for the announcement then bitterly disappointed. I just didn't want a machine that required extra peripherals like the GamePad and the removal go GameCube support was a killer for me.

I could have seen myself caving in and getting one eventually if it was well supported and they had announced some irrisistable first party titles. So far I'm happy to miss everything. I have a Pikmin game, I have some great 3D Mario titles, a great Donkey Kong Country game, a Mario Kart that I still enjoy playing and an epic Smash Bros game. I'm happy because I can stick with my original Wii and not feeling like I'm missing out.
  • Deleted user 9 April 2014 23:11:44
    I'd just hope, that anyone selling their WiiU at least gave the Wonderful 101 demo or game a proper go first (after watching some tutorials to show its depth), as it is by far and away the freshest gaming experience I'd had in ages. Valkyria Chronicles being the previous holder for me(as journey is too short to count, despite its greatness).
  • CharlieStCloud 10 Apr 2014 08:32:01 5,291 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PirateRoberts wrote:
    ... as Journey is too short to count, despite its greatness.
    Nothing is too short not to 'count'.

Journey changed the very foundations of my being; it was almost a religious experience in its own right.

... on another note altogether, the AMAZING WarioWare, Inc: Minigame Mania is out today!

(^_^)
  • Razz 10 Apr 2014 08:33:19 61,400 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I don't think I'll be buying another Nintendo console after this

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• nickthegun 10 Apr 2014 08:35:06 60,517 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think Nintendo will be releasing another console after this.

• Alastair 10 Apr 2014 08:36:28 16,071 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I don't think Nintendo will be releasing another console after this.
    At all?
    Or just not a TV console?
    I can see them continuing with the DS line.
  • RyanDS 10 Apr 2014 08:41:02 9,596 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FatSternKikwi wrote:
    If they don't support it I am officially done with nintendo. I mean the wii U wasn't cheap and it was bought with the unspoken promise of many games coming out in years to come.

If they can't do the right thing towards their loyal fans then I am done with them.
    I am honestly surprised it has taken this long for people to realise. I sold mine after about 6 months as even then 3rd parties were drying up and the release schedule was only 2 or 3 games in the upcoming year. I think Rayman Legends was the tipping point for me that showed they had failed to even try to hold onto third parties.
  • Raiko101 10 Apr 2014 08:43:30 6,441 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I found Journey to be quite dull, myself. I nearly fell asleep at one point.

As for Nintendo, I've also had a lot more to play on the Wii U than some folk have. I'm also building up a new library of retro games, so there's genuinely been a lot to keep me happy happily.

I'll happily invest in new hardware if it looks interesting enough and looks like its going to have enough support. That is assuming they continue to support the Wii U, which they're very much doing, but seemingly struggling with.

For all the struggles the Wii U is having, the 3DS has been an amazing success. One of my all-time favourite consoles, with a library of games I cannot keep up with. Proof Nintendo can actually do right, at the moment.

Edited by Raiko101 at 08:45:24 10-04-2014

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Deleted user 10 April 2014 10:02:51
    Despite feeling the constant need for more games for the Wiiu until MK8 arrives. I'm always shocked by just how much game time the console gets from each game I've finished or 100%-ed.

Just adding up the game time from Super Mario 3D World, W101, Windwaker HD, SmbU, SlU, Pikmin, and Skyward Sword (wii) has equalled my last four years of game time on the PS3. And that's excluding the multiplayer game days of Wario Fronking and WiiU play mini games. I can easily see how at different times in my life I might not have enjoyed the WiiU quite the same, so I sympathise with others bailing on it so soon. But as long as Nintendo support it like they did the gamecube, then it going to be a great couple of years gaming with it, until the next Nintendo console.
  • nickthegun 10 Apr 2014 10:07:56 60,517 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No its not. the slate they announced the other day quite plainly shows that the wii u wishes it was the gamecube.

• Fake_Blood 10 Apr 2014 10:10:14 4,296 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thats it, im selling mine. Only reason I kept it so long was the hope for a new zelda.
  • CaptainAlph 10 Apr 2014 10:11:46 93 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    Thats it, im selling mine. Only reason I kept it so long was the hope for a new zelda.
    How much are you looking for it? I have a friend wanting to get one.
  • Phattso Moderator 10 Apr 2014 10:12:22 13,571 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Gamecube mopped up a bit of Sega's output post-Dreamcast as well. A couple of crackers in there, if memory serves. WiiU has no such support, it's basically Nintendo or fuck all.

And, looking at their planned output, Nintendo themselves are putting out next to fuck all anyway. Fingers crossed for some around-E3 reveals of games coming by the end of the year.

I am loving the WiiU, though. Was purchased very much with eyes open to the high likelihood of it flopping, so it's not pissing me off like it has some, but it's really a story of what might (should) have been.
  • Deleted user 10 April 2014 10:23:31
    @nickthegun

I get it. If you've had one and it has disappointed you, then I do understand that. Especially against the backdrop of so little confirmed in the near future, following the mighty mario kart.

But I'm hopeful that MK8 will sell by the truckload to the casual Wii audience, the ones that vote for Ant & Dec at the TV awards. This should allow Nintendo to buy up studios to pay for the games only the core audience will buy in the next two years. And I'm also sure that Nintendo have quite a few other surprises in store for this year; learning to use their game announcements in a disruptive way.
  • Page

of 1370 First / Last