Wii U Page 1198

• Page

of 1389 First / Last

• Armoured_Bear 7 Apr 2014 18:05:27 11,728 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DiddlerDo wrote:
    Dfawkes, seeing as the Xbone thread is more tears and piss stained than this one I will ask this is here. What is you attraction to shit consoles? Between this and the xbox one I can't help but expect you announce your Gizmodo purchase soon. Genuine question as you aren't as MS or Nintendo mental as most.
    It's because you're a cunt.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• MatMan562 7 Apr 2014 18:10:07 2,554 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DiddlerDo wrote:
    Dfawkes, seeing as the Xbone thread is more tears and piss stained than this one I will ask this is here. What is you attraction to shit consoles? Between this and the xbox one I can't help but expect you announce your Gizmodo purchase soon. Genuine question as you aren't as MS or Nintendo mental as most.
    Maybe it's just because he doesn't think they're shit and enjoys the games that are on them?

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• DFawkes 7 Apr 2014 18:16:50 23,819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wanted to play Lego City and ZombiU, and had the financial means to do so, so I did. I also had a 1 year old niece at the time that visited a lot so Gamepad play was a big draw.

For the One, I really fancied Forza 5 and Titanfall, specifically Titanfall with friends. I also quite liked the sound of the voice commands and some of the apps, as well as some of the upcoming games and a few already released ones.

Both have their positives and their negatives. For what it's worth, I'd also buy a Gizmondo if I saw a game I fancied :)

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Bremenacht 7 Apr 2014 18:28:50 19,415 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DiddlerDo wrote:
    Dfawkes, seeing as the Xbone thread is more tears and piss stained than this one I will ask this is here.
    Can't help but notice you avoided reference to excrement. Why is that?
  • kinky_mong 8 Apr 2014 10:34:41 10,737 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    I wanted to play Lego City and ZombiU, and had the financial means to do so, so I did. I also had a 1 year old niece at the time that visited a lot so Gamepad play was a big draw.

For the One, I really fancied Forza 5 and Titanfall, specifically Titanfall with friends. I also quite liked the sound of the voice commands and some of the apps, as well as some of the upcoming games and a few already released ones.

Both have their positives and their negatives. For what it's worth, I'd also buy a Gizmondo if I saw a game I fancied :)
    Surely there are some games on the PS4 you fancy playing?

Chortle.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• ryohazuki1983 8 Apr 2014 10:44:49 737 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I consider the Wii U to be the perfect second console, most of the time it gathers dust but I'm glad I bought it for the 1st party games, so have not regretted my decision to buy.

Mario Kart on the way, 12 players online, I have no doubt it's going to be amazing :)
  • Deleted user 8 April 2014 11:05:31
    My doubts surround it failing to measure up to Double Dash's local 4 player split screen experience.

We are already planning to use a TV and a projector and two consoles to get a good 4 player experience locally, assuming two wii u controllers will work in the same room. But looking at the course they've converted (in EG preview) and the stupid inclusion of bikes and tricks again in a kart game(like the wii version), I suspect it will only mean a slightly better version of Mario Kart 7 for the home console. Not a manic race day gameplay like the brilliant Double Dash was (still is) for us.
  • DFawkes 8 Apr 2014 11:11:37 23,819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Infamous looks pretty good, but I missed out on the first 2 so would probably get a PS3 instead. I did fancy DriveClub, but more recent gameplay videos put me off.

I'm still glad I have a Wii U though, and I'd probably still regard it as my primary console, but they really should've had friend invites and all that at the system level. I really missed playing games with friends too much, and without a unified system, teaming up with friends is just a pain. You pretty much have to organise it in advance.

It's not like Live or PSN where you can see someone playing the same game and you can just pop in or invite them right into your game, you have to be in the right lobby at the right time. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy online play with randoms, and have played lots of Mass Effect 3, Black Ops 2, Most Wanted and a little MH3, but playing with friends just isn't as intuitive and easy as it should be as everyone of those games has a totally different lobby system.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• GuiltySpark 8 Apr 2014 11:12:54 6,461 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PC and a Wii U. Why would you need a PS4 or a Xbox?

Get bent.

• DFawkes 8 Apr 2014 11:22:06 23,819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you want to play games released on them, or your friends own them and you fancy playing those games with them, or you like the sound of functionality your console of choice has. Nothing wrong with that :)

• JiveHound 8 Apr 2014 11:25:37 2,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    EG threads are Alztheimers' Anonymous meetings in disguise.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• DFawkes 8 Apr 2014 11:30:07 23,819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That might be, but at least they aren't Alztheimers' Anonymous meetings in disguise.

• JiveHound 8 Apr 2014 11:34:25 2,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Very good sir.

• GuiltySpark 8 Apr 2014 11:35:25 6,461 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wii U is wank.

Get bent.

• Pinky_Floyd 8 Apr 2014 11:44:53 8,266 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You guys are still playing on your Wii U's? How quaint.

Kidding of course.

Have taken a break from SMW3D and know I will never go back to DKCR because I don't have balls of titanium.

Mario Kart or bust.
  • kinky_mong 8 Apr 2014 11:45:46 10,737 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Infamous looks pretty good, but I missed out on the first 2 so would probably get a PS3 instead. I did fancy DriveClub, but more recent gameplay videos put me off.

I'm still glad I have a Wii U though, and I'd probably still regard it as my primary console, but they really should've had friend invites and all that at the system level. I really missed playing games with friends too much, and without a unified system, teaming up with friends is just a pain. You pretty much have to organise it in advance.

It's not like Live or PSN where you can see someone playing the same game and you can just pop in or invite them right into your game, you have to be in the right lobby at the right time. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy online play with randoms, and have played lots of Mass Effect 3, Black Ops 2, Most Wanted and a little MH3, but playing with friends just isn't as intuitive and easy as it should be as everyone of those games has a totally different lobby system.
    Why did you edit out the chortle?! That was the joke!

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• kinky_mong 8 Apr 2014 11:47:26 10,737 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    You guys are still playing on your Wii U's? How quaint.

Kidding of course.

Have taken a break from SMW3D and know I will never go back to DKCR because I don't have balls of titanium.

Mario Kart or bust.
    If you can manage the Champion Road on SM3DW then you should be able to do DK: Tropical Freeze. I've got 100% on the latter but Champion's Road is beyond me.

• DFawkes 8 Apr 2014 12:14:36 23,819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Why did you edit out the chortle?! That was the joke!
    I enjoy ruining jokes.

I played 2 player SMW3D last week for the first time. I thought it'd be terrible with 2, but it was actually surprisingly fun. Yes, when my friend learned he could throw me off levels, many lives were lost. But once it clicks with you, it's really very fun.

We did sort of jump in the deep end and did the first 2 levels, then on to World Mushroom, but there was stuff we did in co-op that I'd never have managed on my own, like Green Stars just out of reach that we got by one of us sacrificing ourselves.

We did manage to run out of lives though, I had about 200 when we started! As I say though, it was lots of fun :)

Edited by DFawkes at 12:14:51 08-04-2014

• GuiltySpark 8 Apr 2014 12:20:57 6,461 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Yes, when my friend learned he could throw me off levels, many lives were lost. But once it clicks with you, it's really very fun.
    My favourite bit was when both of my Luigis threw both of my friend's Peaches off the level. They weren't impressed.

Get bent.

• CharlieStCloud 9 Apr 2014 08:11:00 5,395 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Taken from Nintendo Life:

Wii U 2014 line-up:

January - nada
    February - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
    March - nada
    April - LEGO The Hobbit and The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    May - Mario Kart 8, but not Watch_Dogs
    June - nada
    July - y pues nada
    August - y nada y pues nada
    September - no Assassin's Creed
    October - no Batman
    November -
    December - Just Dance 5

'Winter 2014'
    Dec, Jan, Feb, March - Super Smash Bros.
    ... releasing Super Smash Bros. on the 3DS first is verging on suicidal for the Wii U version that arrives four, five or six months later. Only the absolute 'hardcore' Nintendo and Super Smash Bros. fans may well buy the same game twice for both the 3DS and Wii U.

For the Wii U, after Mario Kart 8, it is over seven months (or more) before Super Smash Bros. eventually comes out?! I am glad I have a PlayStation 3 to keep me in better company.

: (
  • Sharzam 9 Apr 2014 08:26:13 3,182 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DFawkes

SMW3D is best with two I think. Seams the right mid point, on your own you cannot do everything all that easily and with 4 it is too chaotic to have a proper game.

Also how many people have multiple pro controllers, and is cruel to give people the wiimote so 2 is doable. Luckily I have the classic controllers from Xenoblade.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• JiveHound 9 Apr 2014 08:27:00 2,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    That does indeed look bleak.

I imagine Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 will be out by years end but that's still sobering reading.

• Murbs 9 Apr 2014 08:45:51 22,524 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So pretty much the only games I've finished this year have been on the WiiU. Completed Lego City Undercover with ~40% and SM3DW with 200 stars. Been back in to both to continue mopping up the extras - rare for me.

Also using it as an opportunity to go back to play Wii games I missed (i.e. most of them). Playing Mario Galaxy at the moment, and although fun, I'm failing to understand the 'game of the generation' accolade.

But like Charlie - glad I also have a PS3.
  • nickthegun 9 Apr 2014 08:48:58 61,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I cant believe they didnt get Smash out in time for evo. Thats the biggest load of free advertising you can get (despite nintendo repeatedly trying to sabotage evo hosting smash brothers tournaments because, apparently, they dont like people to play their games..).

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• zoolophage 9 Apr 2014 09:04:34 2,034 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was shocked when I read about the winter release date! I had imagined August or September for Smash Bros. MK and SB will no doubt be good/great but I can't help thinking that Wii U died last night. Who will now buy one with games so few and far between.

3DS: 2019-9957-3472

• Murbs 9 Apr 2014 09:08:54 22,524 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Still no interest in buying a PS4 or One though.
  • nickthegun 9 Apr 2014 09:24:59 61,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thinking about it, it does make nintendo-sense that they would shift Smash to later in the year to try and cover the gaping hole in their christmas schedule.

LOOK! A GAME!

• Phattso Moderator 9 Apr 2014 09:28:30 13,795 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah. Frankly, if that's all they've got then it doesn't matter when the fuck they all get released.

I was secretly hoping for a Pilot Wings or F-Zero announcement.
  • nickthegun 9 Apr 2014 09:32:15 61,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They havent got mario in them, so good luck with that.

• Page

of 1389 First / Last