Wii U Page 1170

• Page

of 1343 First / Last

• mikew1985 14 Feb 2014 10:00:53 12,584 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think he's talking about a proper Zelda game not the terrible looking Dynasty warriors lite.
  • nickthegun 14 Feb 2014 10:02:53 58,782 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Im assuming this nintendo direct didnt furnish us with many valentines presents then?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Bealsy 14 Feb 2014 10:09:04 788 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @nickthegun Mario Golf on the 3DS and not Wii U (knobs). Some new X footage that made it look a bit shit. New MK8 trailer. Erm... oh and GBA games on Wii U eShop.

XBL: The Bealesatron
    PSN: Shimbomba
    NNID: TheBealesatron

• LeoliansBro 14 Feb 2014 10:09:12 43,132 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What on God's clean Earth does 'clear the release slate' mean? I literally have no idea.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• nickthegun 14 Feb 2014 10:12:15 58,782 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bealsy wrote:
    @nickthegun Mario Golf on the 3DS and not Wii U (knobs). Some new X footage that made it look a bit shit. New MK8 trailer. Erm... oh and GBA games on Wii U eShop.
    Sounds totally worth it being the longest ever. Did anyone wear a funny hat?

He totally called it

• CharlieStCloud 14 Feb 2014 10:23:00 5,012 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I know you want Bayonetta 2 Mr. Nick and my advice for you is this:

... don't watch the new trailer if you do not wish to buy a Wii U in the foreseeable future, okay?

I just couldn't NOT go without playing that!
  • mikew1985 14 Feb 2014 10:24:50 12,584 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That means the opposite of what you want it to mean. Unless you're having a very weirdly constructed dig at Bayonetta 2.
  • CharlieStCloud 14 Feb 2014 10:26:38 5,012 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Um ... well, you know what I was trying to imply!

*goes back to Primary School*
  • Armoured_Bear 14 Feb 2014 10:57:44 10,233 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Bealsy wrote:
    Sounds totally worth it being the longest ever. Did anyone wear a funny hat?
    It was fairly gash but X looked great to me, similar battle system as Xenoblade which suits me. Looks to be online Co-Op too.
    MK8 looked gorgeous, Bayonetta looked nice and utterly, utterly mental.

Nothing new on the Wii U side at all

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Raiko101 14 Feb 2014 11:26:14 6,049 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So either Nintendo have nothing to announce for Wii U at the moment, or they're no longer announcing games a year in advance. I'm hoping the latter, because otherwise things are looking incredibly thin on the retail front.

X looked great. I'm glad it's retaining the battle system from Xenoblade, but we kinda already knew that was the case. Mario Kart looked great too. I noticed that they've tweaked the retro stages, which now have the same '3D' gimmick as the new tracks. Donkey Kong looked great. Bayonetta 2 looked great, but also looked as confusing as anything i've ever laid eyes on.

Besides that though, there wasn't a great deal else to trumpet about. Hopefully Intelligent Systems, Next Level Games and all these other 2nd party developers are actually working on something right now.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Deleted user 14 February 2014 11:50:14
    I would like to say that, they got stuff to show, but it's limited in numbers, and showing them too early will just result in the same reccurring process.

Perhaps they decided that E3 is worth attending after all and they need to keep some of it back for then. It's a week or two after Kart 8 is out, so they might have some momentum then.

They seem to announce a lot of games now, and release them in the same year or a few months later. Mario 3D world was shown at E3 for the first time, and Zelda was announced this time last year so, if that how they treat their two biggest franchises, i guess we have to wait and see.

But that uncertainty is not helpful. It just leads to more pages of uncertain, and general negative discussion.

I agree with cappy on the previous page, that they showed X and Bayonetta 2 too early. Thinking back on it, they showed a lot of stuff in january direct last year, when the wii u was only 2 months old but seemingly under a lot of pressure.

On the direct, Nintendo are n a pretty hard situation, i think maybe now it causing more damage to them than just providing polite '1 to 1' fan service and announcements. They do release the odd where did that come from announcement, but it leads to pretty insane level of hype (which shows Nintendo in a positive light), but leads to pretty damning fallout after words. People treat each Direct as though it E3. They will argue that the direct is what it says it is: A spring direct showcasing spring 3DS/WII U games. Generally people don't see that and always come away disappointed. As it is, they did use Bayonetta 2 and X to paper over the sinkhole that is the wii u spring schedule. Surprised we didn't get another Indie show reel, the Americans did so?
  • Roddles 14 Feb 2014 11:52:46 1,722 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think once Mario Kart 8 starts gathering dust in the autumn I'll put my Wii-U and all it's games and accessories on eBay, since that's basically the end of the Wii-U at that point.

Edited by Roddles at 11:53:07 14-02-2014
  • LeoliansBro 14 Feb 2014 11:53:56 43,132 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But Iwata just said the strategy for the WiiU remains unchanged. Why keep schtum about games coming out for the platform when consumer confidence is flatlining and totally dependent on knowing there will be games coming out for the platform?

Longer term we know Nintendo will be working on this new fitness tech, so the 1st party developer pool is only going to get smaller.

• Armoured_Bear 14 Feb 2014 11:56:26 10,233 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    But Iwata just said the strategy for the WiiU remains unchanged. Why keep schtum about games coming out for the platform when consumer confidence is flatlining and totally dependent on knowing there will be games coming out for the platform?

Longer term we know Nintendo will be working on this new fitness tech, so the 1st party developer pool is only going to get smaller.
    How do you know that?
    Who is to say that their recent recruitment isnít for that and their dev pool will be unchanged?

• Cappy 14 Feb 2014 12:04:55 11,826 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In one respect, revealing so many games last year was a good move, it bolstered confidence in a console that was flagging and got some of the fan base onboard, they knew they were buying a Wii U for Mario and Bayonetta or whatever it is that interested them.

The downside is that the management knew that most of those games were a long way off, which creates a logjam on the PR side since you can't really get the ball rolling for unannounced titles if lots of still unreleased games need to be pushed.

Edited by Cappy at 12:05:33 14-02-2014
  • Raiko101 14 Feb 2014 14:54:06 6,049 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So in the Nintendo Direct thread I asked about physical released in 2014. Rather than being lazy I decided to go and do my own research. On the physical side, things aren't looking great. In fact, we're talking less than a game a month. Very, very bleak.

However, on the eShop things are looking rather crazy. I've only listed the games I can find that are confirmed for 2014, however, there's a website i've found that lists at least another 27 games that have no confirmed date what-so-ever.

Retail

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (21/2/2014)
    Mario Kart 8 (30/5/2014)
    Super Smash Bros (2014)
    Bayonetta 2 (2014)
    X (2014)
    Hyrule Warriors (2014)
    Watch Dogs (2014, but after release on other formats)
    Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Possibly 2014)
    Yoshi Yarn (Possibly 2014)

Download

1001 Spikes (Q1 2014)
    90's Arcade Racer (TBA 2014)
    A World of Keflings (Q1 2014)
    Art of Balance (Q2 2014)
    Block Drop U (Q1 2014)
    Child of Light[/link] (30/4/2014)
    Cubemen 2 (TBA 2014)
    Fast Racing NEO (TBA 2014)
    Festival of Magic (April 2014)
    Forced(Q1 2014)
    How to Survive (TBA 2014)
    Hyper Light Drifter (June 2014)
    Imagine Me (February 2014)
    Ittle Dew (Q1 2014)
    Mighty No 9 (TBA 2015)
    Monkey Pirates (Q1 2014)
    Nihilumbra (March 2014)
    NES Remix 2 (25/4/2014)
    Oddworld: New & Tasty (TBA 2014)
    Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (TBA 2014)
    Pier Solar and the Great Architects HD (Q1 2014)
    Ping 1.5+ (Spring 2014)
    Project CARS (Q4 2014)
    Project Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails (March 2014)
    Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut (April 2014)
    Road Redemption (TBA 2014)
    Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (October 2014)
    Shovel Knight (Q1 2014)
    Soul Saga! (July 2014)
    Squids Odyssey (March 2014)
    Stick it to the Man (Spring 2014)
    Tengami (Q1 2014)
    Teslagrad (March 2014)
    The Fall (April 2014)
    The Girl and the Robot (December 2014)
    The Unlikely Legend of Rusty Pup (TBA 2014)

Edited by Raiko101 at 15:26:05 14-02-2014

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Sharzam 14 Feb 2014 18:23:36 2,679 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think when people think new releases they want exclusives, something which has always been a problem for Nintendo. Hence why a Nintendo console is normally bought just for Nintendo games and so why third parties dont bother, hell the Wii console sold a hundred million but only a few non Nintendo games did well. The industry has moved on alot from the SNES days and that is both good and bad, personally i would love a return to the days where you made games for one platform and squeezed every last drop of power from the system to bring your idea to life. But now in order to sell as many units as possible they target a middle ground to put it on as many systems as possible. Look at the releases this year and how many third parties are truly exclusive,such as Titanfall looks a sure thing for profit but even that is 3 different systems. I wonder what it would be like if they only built it for Xbox One? Although i have a PC so i guess good for me they didnt.

Not talking just graphics but gameplay concepts and ideas can be limited when you need to meet certain goals. Take the Last of Us as an example, the game is built totally for the PS3 the animations, lighting and story only worked because they didnt have to make cut backs or changes to later port to Wii. And they didnt divert resources away to think how the game engine would work without the cell SPUs, say on the 360.

No doubt some good games on that list but how many have already been on PC? And how many will be on other platforms as par of the course? I can see at least a few on that list i already have on Steam for example. The problem is that those smaller indie titles are not system sellers you dont even need a proper gaming PC, and will work fine on average Joe laptop. All games and third parties have a place of course and thats why i said good and bad, if it wasn't for the massive amount of investment going multiplatform brings we wouldn't have the graphics arm race we have and how blockbusters keep getting bigger but that's another topic.

So uh yeah Nintendo and third parties, its just the way it is and i doubt will ever change. At the end of the day people will not buy any Nintendo console to play third party stuff. I think it is a perception thing more than anything.

edit: Wow that went off on a bit of rant, sorry.

Oh and here is a random thing i am annoyed about. In FF14:ARR there are no chat boxes which for a MMO is a bit silly. The reason is because the game is multi platform, they are maxxing out the RAM of the PS3 and were worried that to many chat boxes would effect memory usage. Despite the fact it is a standard PC MMO feature. Wouldnt happen if it wasnt multi platform! So yeah iam happy if the Wii U only has Nintendo games.

Edited by Sharzam at 18:45:53 14-02-2014

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Telepathic.Geometry 17 Feb 2014 05:09:19 11,262 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yay, my copy of Nintendoland arrived in the mail at lunch-time. I'll see if I can rope the GF into playing it with me next time she's around, but I'll give the single-player a stab tonight I reckon...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• DFawkes 17 Feb 2014 09:19:53 22,581 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just be aware it'll do its best to put you off at first. It'll make no effort to show you anything deeper than it has to, and there are a LOT of tutorial pop-ups at first. There's a surprising amount to it that can really make it grow on you, but you have to earn it by putting up with its hand-holding for a while ;)

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Zomoniac 17 Feb 2014 09:31:57 7,785 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aye. That tutorial computer might be the worst videogame character of all time.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 17 Feb 2014 09:32:07 11,262 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's alright. If it lets me play on a Metroid themed level, I'm even prepared to withstand double anal penetration...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Armoured_Bear 17 Feb 2014 09:37:31 10,233 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Aye. That tutorial computer might be the worst videogame character of all time.
    Nothing can match Fi from Skyward Sword, nothing.

• Armoured_Bear 17 Feb 2014 09:38:15 10,233 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    That's alright. If it lets me play on a Metroid themed level, I'm even prepared to withstand double anal penetration...
    It's at it's best in MP, loads of fun to be had.

• danathjo 17 Feb 2014 09:46:40 7,215 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well I'd like to see how you'd do double anal single player
  • nickthegun 17 Feb 2014 09:49:34 58,782 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thats what spare wii motes were made for.

He totally called it

• LeoliansBro 17 Feb 2014 10:10:39 43,132 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Being happy to be shafted for a cut-down version of IP that's been ignored for several years does seem to be the hallmark of WiiU owners :)

• DFawkes 17 Feb 2014 10:16:52 22,581 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How many games are like that? I genuinely can't think of any that aren't just paid some lip service in a mini-game collection. To be honest I WOULD be happy to be shafted with cut-down versions of IPs that have been ignored, but there aren't any :p

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• LeoliansBro 17 Feb 2014 10:20:45 43,132 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's pretty much what Nintendoland is. Also this Hyrule Warriors (and WW as well, given it's a re-release). Platformers generally I'd also put in that category, given the hardware is capable of so much more if they'd only put in the development hours.

And then there's the BC marketplace, which doesn't even try to pretend when offering games a couple of decades old at inflated prices. The world has moved on guys and those laurels have been handily crushed by now :)

Edited by LeoliansBro at 10:21:00 17-02-2014

• Armoured_Bear 17 Feb 2014 10:24:57 10,233 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    LB's trolling used to be better quality, it's pretty poor now :-(

• Raiko101 17 Feb 2014 10:32:36 6,049 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago