Wii U Page 1149

• Page

of 1354 First / Last

• Innuendobot_5000 1 Feb 2014 02:32:29 94 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    My 10-year-old self just jizzed everywhere.
    DON'T. ENCOURAGE. HIM.
  • Mola_Ram 1 Feb 2014 02:52:09 7,145 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    That's not innuendo
  • ecureuil 1 Feb 2014 11:34:49 76,655 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Article on the front page saying that the Wii U (and PS Vita) are the new Dreamcast and a future classics. Righto.
  • LeoliansBro 1 Feb 2014 11:40:14 43,641 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll buy that. There are a lot of parallels and the things that don't work about the WiiU - chiefly the online stuff - wouldn't work for any console when it get old.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• ecureuil 1 Feb 2014 11:44:38 76,655 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The difference is that the Dreamcast actually had tons of really great games.
  • lavalant 1 Feb 2014 12:28:07 1,271 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    The difference is that the Dreamcast actually had tons of really great games.
    So does the WiiU and Vita.
  • ecureuil 1 Feb 2014 12:35:27 76,655 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No they don't. The only bona fide classic between the two systems is Mario 3D World. Wii U and Vita between them don't have 1/5th of the standard of games the Dreamcast had and I don't see that changing much.

Edited by ecureuil at 12:35:51 01-02-2014
  • lavalant 1 Feb 2014 12:39:22 1,271 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lego City
    ZombieU
    Mario & Luigi Bros
    Pikmin
    Mario 3D world
    Wonderful 101
    Rayman
    MonsterHunter 3
    Windwaker.
    Scriblenaughts

all of the above games are above an 8, most have 9 to 10 scores on Eurogamer and are exclusives to the WiiU (barring Rayman but it's the best version of the game) Donkey Kong is out in 3 weeks

Mario Kart, Smash Bros, X, Bayonetta 2, all out this year.
  • CosmicFuzz 1 Feb 2014 12:42:31 23,754 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The indie stuff on Vita has been really great too. I've played stuff I probably wouldn't have otherwise, it's perfect for games like guacamelee etc.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• ecureuil 1 Feb 2014 12:55:49 76,655 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @lavalant Exactly, decent games but not classics. Nobody will be clamouring for a ZombiU or Lego City remake for the next decade like they do with Shenmue. Most of those games would be just fodder on any other console. The only other actual classic on there is Wind Waker and that doesn't even count because it's a Gamecube game.
  • Mola_Ram 1 Feb 2014 13:42:40 7,145 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'd put ZombiU up there as a potential cult classic. Maybe Wonderful 101, and a couple of others.

But yeah, the Dreamcast it ain't. Even discounting Shenmue, there's loads of quality there.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 13:48:17 01-02-2014
  • LeoliansBro 1 Feb 2014 13:43:57 43,641 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Scribblenauts?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Armoured_Bear 1 Feb 2014 13:50:54 10,506 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You have to wait till the Wii U Library is complete then wait x years and add rose tinted glasses to compare with the Dreamcast.

It's one of my fave console names, Dreamcast is such a good name and Wii U is just so shit.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Armoured_Bear 1 Feb 2014 13:53:39 10,506 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Lego City - Good Fun but in no way a classic
    ZombieU - Excellent in many ways but very flawed, cult classic maybe
    Mario & Luigi Bros - Bog standard 2D Nintendo, in no way classic
    Pikmin - Yes
    Mario 3D world - Yes
    Wonderful 101 - Cult Classic
    Rayman -
    MonsterHunter 3 - Not a Classic, it's an up-rezzed last gen port
    Windwaker. - A Classic but it's a remake of a classic
    Scriblenaughts - You're having a laugh

all of the above games are above an 8, most have 9 to 10 scores on Eurogamer and are exclusives to the WiiU (barring Rayman but it's the best version of the game) Donkey Kong is out in 3 weeks

Mario Kart, Smash Bros, X, Bayonetta 2, all out this year.

• Decap 1 Feb 2014 14:55:33 39 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am just so sick and tired of this whole topic allready. It's all I ever see anymore, everything from forums to actual articles are just about the poor sales.
    We get it, it's not selling. Let's just calm the f*ck down and wait what Nintendo is up to.
    Uh sorry, just had to get that out of my system. :|
  • Deleted user 1 February 2014 15:10:06
    Decap wrote:
    I am just so sick and tired of this whole topic allready. It's all I ever see anymore, everything from forums to actual articles are just about the poor sales.
    We get it, it's not selling. Let's just calm the f*ck down and wait what Nintendo is up to.
    +1

Yeah , i just like people to enjoy both systems for what they are. I think its a bit sad that the two systems that are attempting to do something different, are ultimately failing.
  • Raiko101 1 Feb 2014 19:53:08 6,178 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's the problem. If you do something remotely different, it seems like it has to be the most amazing thing ever. Something that has to make you completely stop playing what you had before. Otherwise folk will poke holes into it and dismiss it.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• ecureuil 1 Feb 2014 20:06:40 76,655 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    Decap wrote:
    +1

Yeah , i just like people to enjoy both systems for what they are. I think its a bit sad that the two systems that are attempting to do something different, are ultimately failing.
    What exactly is it trying to do different, apart from the gimmicky controller that isn't nearly as innovative or interesting as Nintendo thinks it is? This console has been a monumental flop and it's big news. It's not like there are a great number of games to talk about either. It's a weak, outdated console with rubbish online functionality and most people don't care.
  • Bremenacht 1 Feb 2014 20:18:27 17,687 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Decap wrote:
    wait for what Nintendo is up to.
    I get ya, but it's this bit that bugs me with Nintendo. What are they up to? Same ol' same ol' or bugger all, it seems. Anyway. Shan't go on about it. :- )
  • Decap 1 Feb 2014 20:32:49 39 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ecureuil Well aren't you an angry little fellow. Cod-servers are down so you have to let off some steam here?

But then again you must be right as your analysis is so thorough and clearly based on first hand experiences... so everyone stop enjoying your Wii U:s and sell them while you can!
    I just heard from a very credible source that the Wii U is: "Weak, outdated console with rubbish online functionality". Shows over man. :/

Not to be completely offtopic, I think the tablet-controller still has a lot of potential and it can be a lot more than just a gimmick.

ps: I have owned Wii U only about a month, having previously gamed just with PC, PS3 and XO. I find it ironic that a lot of people dismiss Nintendo as a kids-console, but to me it's clear that Nintendos userbase is the most friendly and adult of the three main participants. Usually they enjoy their games as entertainment that it is, and they don't feel the need to taunt and act childish on other forums. =p

Edited by Decap at 20:40:36 01-02-2014
  • ecureuil 1 Feb 2014 20:47:05 76,655 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm not angry. I've got a Wii U, got a Vita as well. Just calling it like is. If you want to pretend this console isn't a disaster then that's your choice. The console is a flop and this will be dissected for some time.

Edited by ecureuil at 21:01:25 01-02-2014
  • Fake_Blood 1 Feb 2014 20:56:52 4,145 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Got to agree with squirrel.
    I've got all the platformz so I don't give a shit. But if the WiiU was my only console I would be pissed off by now. I can't recommend the WiiU to anyone but the die hard fans.
  • malloc 1 Feb 2014 21:10:28 2,317 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    I'm not angry. I've got a Wii U, got a Vita as well. Just calling it like is. If you want to pretend this console isn't a disaster then that's your choice. The console is a flop and this will be dissected for some time.
    Is it more fair to say it's flopping? This generation is only starting. Nintendo have a mountain to climb but it's not over yet.
  • ecureuil 1 Feb 2014 21:15:48 76,655 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think at this point there's nothing they can do to turn it around to a point where history won't consider it a flop. I'm sure there'll be a few more quality games to come though.
  • DFawkes 1 Feb 2014 21:17:26 22,757 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    malloc wrote:
    Is it more fair to say it's flopping? This generation is only starting. Nintendo have a mountain to climb but it's not over yet.
    That was what I was thinking. It feels a bit early to call it a flop, but to say it's in the process of flopping would probably be fair enough.

It's certainly not a megaflop though. It's safe from the sort of extra special flop status that's afforded to the Apple Pippin, the Jaguar or the CDi.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Cappy 1 Feb 2014 22:00:44 11,886 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Wii U is arguably the worst console flop since the Jaguar, depending on how much money Nintendo wants to throw into the pit it might not even pass the Dreamcast.

Considering the sky high figure Iwata was giving to investors for units sold in this financial year, something like 12 Million units total sales since launch, that leads us to two worrying conclusions. If you want to sell 9 Million units in a year, you must be able to supply them, so how many Million unsold Wii U consoles are there in the pipeline? Stacks of unsold consoles that nobody wants are the biggest loss maker of all.

If that number was being given to investors it was surely being given to publishers and developers too, they've been making games on the assumption that there will be an extra 10-20 Million Wii U owners out there for anything that releases towards the end of this year. I expect support to melt away further still, Nintendo has already left publishers with losses.

Edited by Cappy at 22:01:41 01-02-2014
  • G-VideoDie 1 Feb 2014 22:07:56 79 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wouldn't recommend a WiiU to anyone, but I still bloody well love it.

Same goes for my Vita.

Carry on.

x
  • Bremenacht 1 Feb 2014 22:19:55 17,687 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    malloc wrote:
    That was what I was thinking. It feels a bit early to call it a flop, but to say it's in the process of flopping would probably be fair enough.
    I suppose you have to ask yourself whether you think they'll produce the goods that'll turn the console's fortune around in the next 3 years or so, or if they'll stick to their sparse script of familiar IPs dropped at lengthy intervals. The latter seems the most probable outcome, given that Nintendo thinks the problem with Wii U is lack of brand awareness, and nothing else.
  • Armoured_Bear 1 Feb 2014 23:17:47 10,506 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    I think at this point there's nothing they can do to turn it around to a point where history won't consider it a flop. I'm sure there'll be a few more quality games to come though.
    Aye, this is true.

• Sharzam 1 Feb 2014 23:52:07 2,825 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Of the 1149 pages in this thread i wonder how many are commenting on WiiU sale numbers and how many are actually about you know using the damm thing. Why cant we talk about something other than sales numbers here?

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Page

of 1354 First / Last