Wii U Page 1062

• Page

of 1363 First / Last

• Moot_Point 1 Dec 2013 14:15:03 4,106 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    You should still be okay to pop into Wii Mode and buy stuff there. That's what I've read at least. Can't speak from experience as I've kept my Wii.
    Why not upgrade to the WiiU?

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• brokenkey 1 Dec 2013 14:18:06 7,033 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    and the extended battery makes a huge difference.

Bought Coaster Crazy Deluxe on Friday, having played it at EGX. Great fun, pumped loads of time into it. Well worth 6.

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• DFawkes 1 Dec 2013 14:38:46 22,978 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    Why not upgrade to the WiiU?
    No Gamecube support. I wouldn't miss it that much, but I like to keep my options open. That said, I am awfully tempted to trade the Wii in towards 3D World so I can get it before Christmas ;)

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Kay 1 Dec 2013 16:56:54 17,889 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You can still transfer all the Wii stuff over, and just keep the Wii for GC games.

I see Shopto have Wind Waker "on offer" for 35, anyone seen it any cheaper?
  • ilmaestro 1 Dec 2013 18:53:59 32,449 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    Ilmaestro, it might be that I could take some of those games off your hands... What have you got?
    Oh a bunch of stuff, but I think the Wii is diddy enough that I can keep it around just in case I want to go back to any of them. :p

Armoured_Bear wrote:
    ilmaestro wrote:
    Are there any ways to work around region locking on this? For Wii or WiiU games.
    I would have a sniff around here.
    Interesting, cheers.

• IMadeThis 1 Dec 2013 18:54:10 1,038 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Kay

Grainger Games - 30
  • Kay 1 Dec 2013 19:05:38 17,889 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cheers! Never used Grainger games before, how are they?
  • IMadeThis 1 Dec 2013 19:56:41 1,038 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Good as far as I know. It's in store as well if there's one nearby. I don't think I've ordered online from them but as stores go, it's not bad. It kinda feels indie, but isn't? If that makes sense.

So to return the favour - best / cheapest seller of Mario 3D World anyone?
  • Sharzam 1 Dec 2013 21:17:17 2,879 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Loving the new toy and i 'sold' two more Wii Us :)

Had 4 friends come round last night and we had a bit of fun, 4 player Mario 3D world is too mental we had a hard time with that as its to easy for one person to charge ahead and bubble the others. So while half eat Pizza, two played on ZombiU and that genuinely surprised us all the 2 player assault mode really shows why Nintendos dual screen gameplay is a cool idea.

So once all fed we cracked on with New Super Mario U and spent the rest of the night on it. Seamed to work best with 4 players, the only other 4 person game i had was Wonderful 101 and well if you think Mario 3D World is mental you have to see 4 player W101.

So the night ended with all saying they were impressed, having previously never seen the WiiU and with 2 of them saying they will look into it. As they were shocked it was only 200. These 2 people are your typical average Joe "i dont really play games" and who only play GTA and CoD. At the end of the day no amount of advertising campaign can equal actually getting people to play the thing.

Edited by Sharzam at 21:40:09 01-12-2013

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Armoured_Bear 1 Dec 2013 22:24:22 11,268 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sharzam wrote:
    Loving the new toy and i 'sold' two more Wii Us :)

Had 4 friends come round last night and we had a bit of fun, 4 player Mario 3D world is too mental we had a hard time with that as its to easy for one person to charge ahead and bubble the others. So while half eat Pizza, two played on ZombiU and that genuinely surprised us all the 2 player assault mode really shows why Nintendos dual screen gameplay is a cool idea.

So once all fed we cracked on with New Super Mario U and spent the rest of the night on it. Seamed to work best with 4 players, the only other 4 person game i had was Wonderful 101 and well if you think Mario 3D World is mental you have to see 4 player W101.

So the night ended with all saying they were impressed, having previously never seen the WiiU and with 2 of them saying they will look into it. As they were shocked it was only 200. These 2 people are your typical average Joe "i dont really play games" and who only play GTA and CoD. At the end of the day no amount of advertising campaign can equal actually getting people to play the thing.
    You *need* to get Nintendoland, it's a blast for 4 players.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• minimong 2 Dec 2013 00:08:12 45 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • minimong 2 Dec 2013 00:11:31 45 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Sharzam
    Have to agree, having cancelled the ps4 preorder because there is nothing I fancy on it at the mo, I wanted something new for chrimbo so, I went for a wii u, and boy am I loving it.
    Mario 3D World and W101 are a joy to play.

Sorry for the double post.

Edited by minimong at 00:12:28 02-12-2013
  • TheRealBadabing 2 Dec 2013 02:24:17 1,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Picked up one of these a couple of weeks ago.

So far all we have played is Party and Nintendoland. Party was a firm favourite with the family on the Wii and it's fun on the Wii U but Nintendoland has really impressed the missus, so much so that she actively lobbies to play it. The Pikmin, Mario Chase and Luigi's Mansion games actually made her admit that the Wii U was a good buy. Might not mean much to anyone else but that's a bloody big deal in my household.

We have Zelda ready for Xmas and (after the demo) a copy of Rayman is on the way too. Definitely a console for quality over quantity but that suits our limited play-time perfectly. Picked up Deus Ex cheap from Amazon and I loved the 101 demo so that's on the list too. After that we could get Mario (either) or Pikmin to play, so I very much doubt we will be starved of games. Mario Kart is on the way too ffs.

Honestly, after the Wii I was quite sceptical about this one but it is a very impressive system. So sod the rest of the DLC/Microtransaction-laden industry. At least Nintendo are trying to do something new with the gamepad. Might not be perfect for every game but it's sufficiently interesting to make the console seem more "next gen" than either of the other two offerings.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 2 Dec 2013 03:06:39 11,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't wanna be Mr. Negative here, but it is NOT an impressive system. It's pure shite. It doesn't cut the muster in 2013, and it will soon be 2014.

But the games are great, and forgetting the screen, the controller is top notch. The games are what will make my impulse buy worth while in the long run. I need to play HD Zelda, Mario and Metroid, plus whatever other games come out over time.

But the system? The system is terrible.

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Phattso Moderator 2 Dec 2013 03:21:41 13,336 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pass muster. Cut the mustard. Double points for trying though!

And yes, as with much in the English language, it's ridiculous. ;)
  • Towels 2 Dec 2013 03:26:57 22 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    A terrible system with great games? That's the PS3, isn't it?
  • Telepathic.Geometry 2 Dec 2013 03:48:37 11,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NOOOOO!

• Telepathic.Geometry 2 Dec 2013 03:53:38 11,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have excuses Phattso, would you like to hear them? @_@

• Raiko101 2 Dec 2013 04:07:37 6,312 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think it's a better system than the current gen consoles. The only things it's lacking is decent online support party chat to go along with it. That's a big deal for some, but I've not missed it, yet.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Phattso Moderator 2 Dec 2013 05:51:50 13,336 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have excuses Phattso, would you like to hear them? @_@
    I know native English speakers that can't string a English sentence together as well as you, so you have nothing to excuse. :)

I do collect things like that though, my favourite one so far is "my flatmate is really lazy, she's just a sofa potato."
  • Telepathic.Geometry 2 Dec 2013 05:57:27 11,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ;_;

I am a native English speaker.

/weeps

• Telepathic.Geometry 2 Dec 2013 05:59:26 11,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And for the record, I know cut the mustard, and pass muster, and I know what they mean, I generally don't make mistakes like that, but I was multitasking, and done fucked up. :-(

As a matter of interest, where in the fuck DID you think I came from?

• Telepathic.Geometry 2 Dec 2013 06:01:38 11,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also...
    Phattso wrote: I know native English speakers that can't string an English sentence together as well as you, so you have nothing to excuse.
    Revenge!!! Mua ha ha...

• Mola_Ram 2 Dec 2013 06:28:12 7,400 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Probably just assumed you were Japanese :)
  • Telepathic.Geometry 2 Dec 2013 06:33:48 11,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But how could he possibly know that I live in Japan?

• Sharzam 2 Dec 2013 07:37:34 2,879 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I kinda agree the console itself has many flaws, the UI is a pain and things which should be instant take a few seconds. Swapping between the different controllers is far from seamless. No HDMI control which has been standard since 1.3 among other annoyances, I could go on for ages.

However Nintendo has something which the others have gone away from, it should be about the games. Just about being fun, no amount of social features or media tricks can beat just being fun. Look at Miiverse for example, they could of made a flavourless Facebook ripoff but instead it uses fun and character. At the end of the day I have a PS3 and a Smart TV so if I want the boring practical stuff it is only a button press away, this is where Microsoft have fallen down but that is another matter.

Edited by Sharzam at 07:43:41 02-12-2013

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• jellyBelly 2 Dec 2013 07:44:15 414 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I agree with you Sharzam. The problem with Nintendo though, at least in the eyes of investors, is that they are moving against industry trends while players like Sony,Microsoft,Apple,Google etc are pretty much following the same path. Can Nintendo remain a well funded operation with a viable market to create quality hardware and software in the next few years? I hope so. I think what is most important is that they capture the attention of the newer generations, not just rely on the 30 somethings long-time fans

Edited by jellyBelly at 07:46:12 02-12-2013

PSN:lumulata, NN Dollodon

• Armoured_Bear 2 Dec 2013 08:12:07 11,268 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ;_;

I am a native English speaker.

/weeps
    I thought you were Irish :p

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172