Wii U Page 1044

• Page

of 1347 First / Last

• kingcrowbar 18 Nov 2013 22:30:10 911 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Should be up on Thursday I'd have thought.

We get news of the EU store update nice and early on a Monday but no update usually until Thursday afternoon-ish (apart from maybe the odd nintendo direct thing)
  • Sid-Nice 18 Nov 2013 22:56:37 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Couldnt find sonic demo on the shop. Durnit.
    The EU eShop is down for maintenance from 8pm this evening.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Pinky_Floyd 19 Nov 2013 07:54:56 7,417 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Good point, will try again later. Interested to see if the demo clicks with me.
  • jellyBelly 19 Nov 2013 08:00:13 371 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Boom Blox, Sin & Punishment ,the light gun games and Resi 4 where all better games due to the Wii mote in my view. But yes for the kind of games already out there pads cover more of them in terms of usability

Edited by jellyBelly at 08:00:59 19-11-2013

PSN:lumulata, NN Dollodon

• simsini 19 Nov 2013 09:45:18 312 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Recently bought Sonic Lost World in Blockbuster as it was 40% off, and I cannot believe the 4/10 it was given here on Eurogamer. I am enjoying it immensely so far.
  • DFawkes 19 Nov 2013 10:55:33 22,603 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    From what I've read, todays maintainance is for a small system update. Boring "stability" one so it should be small and quick to install. I'd imagine the Sonic Lost World demo will be this Thursday like usual. Just a guess though.

Also this Thursday, you've got a few download versions of games like Lego Marvel, Ben 10, Barbie Dreamhouse Party and Assassins Creed 4, plus EDGE (ha ha Tim Landell :p ), but most importantly Coaster Crazy Deluxe, with it's revolutionary next-gen feature of shaking the Gamepad to make the people on the roller coaster vomit. These truly are wonderful times for gaming.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• neosalad 19 Nov 2013 13:26:31 953 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hi, I just turned my Wii U on, everything was fine till I went to check out the shop... It installed a small update, restarted my console.... But...
    NOW nothing shows up on the Wii U menu except blank squares where the programs/games gad been... Any ideas? It will only let me view blocks 3-6 which are all empty, everything else was in the first 2 blocks!!!

[update] 15:34
    rebooted a few times, same issue, and if i try to go into settings the touchpad was crazy, gave it a clean then it seemed ok... and now i have access to the other screen too with my games/programs on, but earlier it wouldnt let me go to them at all)
    Edited by neosalad at 13:26:58 19-11-2013

Edited by neosalad at 15:34:56 19-11-2013
  • javvyman 19 Nov 2013 13:35:03 707 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Go to settings, manually initialise the update.
  • DFawkes 19 Nov 2013 13:38:18 22,603 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can't find anyone else with the same problem yet on the usual channels, but it's still the middle of the day for us so I'd expect more problems to for others to surface later on when people start getting home from work/school.

Hopefully javvyman's fix will work, fingers crossed. If you can even manually update, of course, given some of your icons have gone AWOL.

Edited by DFawkes at 13:39:34 19-11-2013

• Pinky_Floyd 19 Nov 2013 13:48:40 7,417 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sounds ominous.
  • Raiko101 19 Nov 2013 14:38:04 6,078 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    We did encounter a hiccup on our UK machine in that our hardware then crashed when loading the eShop; other applications such as Miiverse, the web browser, the Friend List and games loaded as normal. After a few hard resets and patience the issue seemed to resolve itself; at the time of writing this has only happened on one of our machines.
    That's from Nintendo Life this morning. I think i'll wait until tomorrow, after the console has updated itself.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Deleted user 19 November 2013 14:40:43
    simsini wrote:
    Recently bought Sonic Lost World in Blockbuster as it was 40% off, and I cannot believe the 4/10 it was given here on Eurogamer. I am enjoying it immensely so far.
    I can only speak for the 3DS version, but my god that was mediocre. I regret not picking it up on Wii U instead; because if all else fails I would have had a nice looking game.
  • bronzemedal 19 Nov 2013 15:02:49 36 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @T_Neumann

The Wii U version looks beautiful but it's not even mediocre in terms of gameplay -- total drivel. I'd give it 3/10 and I was a huge fan of Generations, spent hours trying to get all the trophies etc.
  • simsini 19 Nov 2013 17:12:05 312 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @bronzemedal I think it's great. It is back to the speed of the original Sonic, which wasn't about running around as fast as you can like more recent games. What didn't you like about it?

Edited by simsini at 17:12:18 19-11-2013
  • simsini 19 Nov 2013 17:13:14 312 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wowser! :D

Super Mario 3D World Review

'Super Mario 3D World is one of the best games in the history of the Mario franchise.'
  • Pinky_Floyd 19 Nov 2013 17:17:18 7,417 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Who dey?
  • simsini 19 Nov 2013 17:20:35 312 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Pinky_Floyd Just a tech site, but all sounds good to me!
  • Frogofdoom 19 Nov 2013 17:25:38 870 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    reviews are meaningless without scores for us to argue over!
  • bronzemedal 19 Nov 2013 17:29:21 36 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @simsini The level design mainly -- I know Sonic's not all about running around fast (I was a massive fan of one to three as a kid), but these levels aren't actually fun to play through at any speed. It was just a massive disappointment for me, removing the quick step and the drift moves felt like a real step back and the new stuff (kick and bounce) is pretty much useless. I paid full price for it, so maybe that's why I'm judging so harshly, but after playing through Rayman Legends it just felt massively uninspired. They got the 2D platforming right in Generations and it was also their best take on 3D sonic, they were on to something there I think
  • macmurphy 19 Nov 2013 18:47:34 999 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That Mario World review has pretty much done it for me. Was wavering about getting a Wii U, the PS4 Vita combo was looking pricy but a great long term investment.

But now the idea of a Christmas and a new great Mario game is too much. Looks like I know what Santa's bringing anyway. He can also lash me up with Pikmin, Nintendo Land and Wind Waker while he's at it.

I'll probably wait to see what everyone else buys as regards PS4 vs XBone, then jump in next year when the new battlefield comes out.
  • CompetitiveDad 19 Nov 2013 18:48:08 1,838 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Oooooh 10/10 EG for Mario on the front page.

Good time to be a wii u owner :)

Gamertag - Belly (2 capital i's)
    PSN ID - Belly (2 capital i's)
    NNID - CompetitiveDad

Feel free to add me :)

• Armoured_Bear 19 Nov 2013 18:53:26 10,288 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    \o/

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Armoured_Bear 19 Nov 2013 21:45:58 10,288 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Rab Florence tweet:
    "If you're not sure about the difference between WiiU, PS4 and Xbox One - the WiiU is the one with the great games."

• CompetitiveDad 19 Nov 2013 21:49:29 1,838 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Rab Florence tweet:
    "If you're not sure about the difference between WiiU, PS4 and Xbox One - the WiiU is the one with the great games."
    Very good :D

Gamertag - Belly (2 capital i's)
    PSN ID - Belly (2 capital i's)
    NNID - CompetitiveDad

Feel free to add me :)

• DFawkes 19 Nov 2013 21:58:22 22,603 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think if I didn't own a console I'd be happy with any of the 3, to be honest. All have most of the multiformat games I like, and some exclusives I wouldn't mind too. As is, I've got one of them, which will do for me :)

• Deleted user 19 November 2013 22:25:05
    @DFawkes totally man, theres something there for everyone. Going to wait for the tearaway review tomorrow, and see what i end up purchasing between a wii u, vita or ps4. Sorry for sounding like a broken record! . Seems there somethign there for everyone, but mario, looks fantastic. With pikmin, 101, and DK out after xmas... yeah its a winner!
  • Armoured_Bear 19 Nov 2013 22:30:11 10,288 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    @DFawkes totally man, theres something there for everyone. Going to wait for the tearaway review tomorrow, and see what i end up purchasing between a wii u, vita or ps4. Sorry for sounding like a broken record! . Seems there somethign there for everyone, but mario, looks fantastic. With pikmin, 101, and DK out after xmas... yeah its a winner!
    Get a Wii U and enjoy the cracking exclusives now and over the next few months and get a PS4 when there are some good exclusives out.
    Join us!

• Erek 19 Nov 2013 22:30:42 221 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Just bought Boom blox 2 for a fiver and a remote plus for 15. Really want SM3dW but after just buying a Wii U console and stuff I'm not sure I can afford 40 right now.....
  • Deleted user 19 November 2013 23:30:17
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:
    Get a Wii U and enjoy the cracking exclusives now and over the next few months and get a PS4 when there are some good exclusives out.
    Join us!
    Crikey! had the mario bundle in my basket.

To be honest. I genuinely do not know what to do. I want these machines, but i know they are not essential or i don't need them. I feel slightly impartial to it all. I don't feel too fussed.

PS4, i want BF4, and it will be my main console no doubt. But BF4 at the moment seems entirely borked, and theres also risk of launch reliability. But if i didn't get it, i have that nagging feeling all the time, that why didn't i pick this up sooner?

Vita, Tearaway looks gorgeous, and looks to play great too, it also has some great looking games in, gravity rush, uncharted, persona, and a whole load of indies, its also at pretty cheap prices now. Also i want one as a PS collection machine, i'm really eager to play FF 7 and 9, and a few others, as well various psp titles. Its a lot of value for your buck, and my christ, lumines, the mother of Puzzlers!

Then theres the Wii U, with Mario, New super mario, Pikmin, 101, various indies, zelda ww, DK, mario kart, and various others, it looks like a decent machine, and miiverse to me looks fantastic, almost a system seller in it self.

I written this all down in lists in various forms, taking the pros and cons.. and well.. yeah i just feel a bit beamused by it all. Not fussed either way, or nothing out right grabs me.

Edited by joelstinton at 23:32:21 19-11-2013
  • DFawkes 19 Nov 2013 23:36:20 22,603 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do remember that you don't have to buy anything right away. Wait a while, see if anything grabs you. Prices go down with time, maybe wait until things get cheaper? The games that are out now will still be around, after all :)

• Page

of 1347 First / Last