Wii U Page 1036

• Page

of 1369 First / Last

• JiveHound 12 Nov 2013 23:00:56 2,535 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @acousticwilliam

The lack of synergy between the 3ds and WiiU is disappointing. I think it's only Monster Hunter that offers the two consoles used together.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Armoured_Bear 12 Nov 2013 23:10:57 11,332 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @acousticwilliam

Sadly Nintendo are too conservative and money-grabbing.
    They could patch in Gamepad support of the Wii Library, put loads of titles onto the VC and allow free upgrades from previously bought versions but that would be aggressive and offer value which seems to be against Iwata's entire approach.
    The sooner he goes the better.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• DFawkes 12 Nov 2013 23:10:59 23,290 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's Animal Crossing photo Miiverse photo sharing too, via the super mega intuitive taking a photo in game on 3DS, saving and quitting, switching the console off, taking the memory card out, putting it in the Wii U, downloading the Animal Crossing Plaza, booting that up and viola! Posting to Miiverse :)

Well, maybe not so intuitive. Or even slightly. It's a real shame they aren't leverage that link, where Sony really seem to be doing much better with PS4/Vita.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• ChoboBot 12 Nov 2013 23:16:20 7 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just got, my Wii U today the Mario & Luigi bundle, feel free to add me.

NNID: ChoboBot

3DS: 2921-9733-4111

• Pinky_Floyd 13 Nov 2013 09:19:13 8,029 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Interesting to see that remote play between ps4 and vita is capped at 30fps.
  • JiveHound 13 Nov 2013 09:23:23 2,535 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    There had to be some trade off. The Vita wasn't designed to do the same thing as a Gamepad at conception.

I bet I could remote play from my bedroom though with no problems.

Edited by JiveHound at 09:27:14 13-11-2013

• JiveHound 13 Nov 2013 09:26:51 2,535 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @DFawkes

I'd forgotten about that.

Also, frame rate is pretty disappointing in Arkham Origins. I don't know how it compares to the other consoles but it's all over the place on WiiU.

This looks to be par for the course on most third party games it seems.

I've not encountered any bugs yet though which is a boon.

• jellyBelly 13 Nov 2013 09:41:57 427 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ChoboBot wrote:
    Just got, my Wii U today the Mario & Luigi bundle, feel free to add me.

NNID: ChoboBot
    added you

PSN:lumulata, NN Dollodon

• acousticwilliam 13 Nov 2013 09:44:29 788 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I surprised myself by playing NSMBU into the silly hours. This is the best of the series without a shadow of a doubt, feels chunky, weighty in the same way that Mario World did. It really is rather excellent. The flow of the levels is vastly improved. Mario looks gorgeous in HD too, the lighting effects in the castle are ridiculously nice.

But man, I'm really scratching my head about the gamepad. Why do I need these two screens at the same time? I can't see that needing to play offscreen while my siblings watch X Factor is a desperate situation I'll ever find myself in. Which makes me question what the real innovation here is?

Another thought - imagine if the 3DS had this sort of screen. It's not the best but it's miles better than the current one.

4 steps forward, 5 steps backward with Nintendo in recent times. Gosh.

3D World, Smash Bros, Wind Waker + some more gold will justify this purchase. But to be honest I'm riddled with 'buying stuff' guilt.

Hug me.

NNID: Willum

• midi82 13 Nov 2013 09:50:21 673 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Get hold of Lego City and Wonderful 101, both great games. Lego City is genuinely funny at times and is a huge game.
    Wonderful 101 is just fun, try the demo and be prepared to learn the mechanics and it is great. Don't be put off by the steep learning curve.
  • Pinky_Floyd 13 Nov 2013 09:58:43 8,029 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    acousticwilliam wrote:
    I surprised myself by playing NSMBU into the silly hours. This is the best of the series without a shadow of a doubt, feels chunky, weighty in the same way that Mario World did. It really is rather excellent. The flow of the levels is vastly improved. Mario looks gorgeous in HD too, the lighting effects in the castle are ridiculously nice.

But man, I'm really scratching my head about the gamepad. Why do I need these two screens at the same time? I can't see that needing to play offscreen while my siblings watch X Factor is a desperate situation I'll ever find myself in. Which makes me question what the real innovation here is?

Another thought - imagine if the 3DS had this sort of screen. It's not the best but it's miles better than the current one.

3D World, Smash Bros, Wind Waker + some more gold will justify this purchase. But to be honest I'm riddled with 'buying stuff' guilt.

Hug me.
    /hugs

Hey man, play a bit more with the system, try the browser out, it's genuinely great. Delve into miiverse a bit. Take screens in game and post them to miiverse or even to dropbox. There is plenty of good stuff in there, but you need to play a little. It's a Nintendo console, so it will do things differently to the others.

When you play WWHD, or Deus Ex, or Zombi U, or W101, or Pikmin 3 you should get a feel for how useful the gamepad is.

Off TV play is either genius, or you don't need it. I need it, therefore it's genius :)
  • nickthegun 13 Nov 2013 09:59:57 60,415 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What happens to the hacking minigames when you play on the pad?

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• jimnastics 13 Nov 2013 10:00:26 289 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    acousticwilliam wrote:

Hug me.
    The Wii U is the only place you're going to be able to play 3D World, the new Mario Kart, a new Zelda, Bayonetta 2 etc. etc. If that's what you like, then you're in the right place :) It'll come in time don't worry. There is enough out right now to keep you going as well, WindWaker is glorious.

I 100% agree on the gamepad though, I wish it wasn't there at all. I get annoyed having to look down at it in WindWaker for the map and items, I'd rather just have the good old on-screen menus / maps. It's the disconnection from the game that annoys me. I really, really hope they have on-screen tracks in Mario Kart and don't have them solely on the gamepad, that would be a killer. The gamepad is fun for novelty games and off-screen, but I don't think it's ever going to be a successful core mechanic.
  • Zomoniac 13 Nov 2013 10:01:07 7,850 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    @acousticwilliam

The lack of synergy between the 3ds and WiiU is disappointing. I think it's only Monster Hunter that offers the two consoles used together.
    You can move Miis, which is handy. That's about it.
  • Pinky_Floyd 13 Nov 2013 10:14:42 8,029 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @nickthegun Just tap the icons to start hacking.
  • Deleted user 13 November 2013 10:23:05
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    @acousticwilliam

Like any other business in recent times. Only the indies are taking risks in gaming, because they can afford to. Look at a whole clutch of new IP's recently - either zombies, guns or both in an open world/large city.
  • Deleted user 13 November 2013 10:51:02
    T_Neumann wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    @acousticwilliam

Like any other business in recent times.
    Nintendo are hemorrhaging money and are under fierce competition, they have such great talent and a massive rage of quality IP's, possibly the last true video games company.

But they make it very difficult for consumers almost to the point of going out of their way to annoy and turn users off their products.
  • Pinky_Floyd 13 Nov 2013 10:56:46 8,029 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    lavalant wrote:
    T_Neumann wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    @acousticwilliam

Nintendo are hemorrhaging money and are under fierce competition, they have such great talent and a massive rage of quality IP's, possibly the last true video games company.

But they make it very difficult for consumers almost to the point of going out of their way to annoy and turn users off their products.
    They aren't the only one's, one might argue that Microsoft are even more adept at annoying their customers.
  • Armoured_Bear 13 Nov 2013 11:00:12 11,332 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    lavalant wrote:
    T_Neumann wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    @acousticwilliam

They're not hemorrhaging money at all, they are infuriating and making fuck up after fuck up but they're still making money.

• spazmo 13 Nov 2013 11:01:52 2,786 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I like the pad but when it's doing nothing other than mirroring whats on the tv it's pretty annoying. Should be able to turn off the screen.
  • Armoured_Bear 13 Nov 2013 11:02:48 11,332 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    spazmo wrote:
    I like the pad but when it's doing nothing other than mirroring whats on the tv it's pretty annoying. Should be able to turn off the screen.
    This is true, hopefully will arrive when their ridiculously late update arrives.

• mal 13 Nov 2013 11:06:38 22,682 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    lavalant wrote:

Nintendo are hemorrhaging money
    Are they? As far as I can tell they are losing money due to the WiiU, but that's mostly offset by the current popularity of their handheld console. Just like usual, then.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Pinky_Floyd 13 Nov 2013 11:08:48 8,029 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As long as they start hemorrhaging good games soon, it'll be gravy.
  • Pinky_Floyd 13 Nov 2013 11:12:39 8,029 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wouldn't even bother trying this. I mean, ngh!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8R80qXMK2U
  • Deleted user 13 November 2013 11:12:44
    lavalant wrote:
    So they make the effort for the likes of ZombiU and The Wonderful 101 and nobody buys them?

Who on earth can blame them for being safe and steady frankly when the only games that sell well for them are the Mario and casual ones?
  • vyseofhr 13 Nov 2013 11:20:09 855 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    lavalant wrote:
    T_Neumann wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    @acousticwilliam

EDIT: Not going to bite.

Edited by vyseofhr at 11:21:38 13-11-2013

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• CompetitiveDad 13 Nov 2013 11:26:40 2,395 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Can I create my NNID through the nintendo website?
  • DFawkes 13 Nov 2013 11:32:28 23,290 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CompetitiveDad wrote:
    Nope, as an anti-troll measure you have to sign up from a Wii U. That way you know it's all Wii U owners on Miiverse. I prefer it that way, but that's just my opinion. Plus you'll never really need an NNID unless you have a console. You can access Miiverse on PC, but for now you've got us on EG :)

Edited by DFawkes at 11:33:51 13-11-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• treegreen 13 Nov 2013 11:39:26 105 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    CompetitiveDad wrote:
    Nope, as an anti-troll measure you have to sign up from a Wii U. That way you know it's all Wii U owners on Miiverse. I prefer it that way, but that's just my opinion. Plus you'll never really need an NNID unless you have a console. You can access Miiverse on PC, but for now you've got us on EG :)
    I hate to go on about it but Miiverse would have to be my favourite Wii U feature. A huge part of that is limiting it to Wii U owners.
  • AceGrace 13 Nov 2013 11:51:02 1,186 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    New Nintendo Direct today at 4:00pm. I wonder what they will announce?
  • Page

of 1369 First / Last