Wii U Page 1020

• Page

of 1357 First / Last

• Kay 2 Nov 2013 23:02:24 17,820 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd say it's at least one Christmas too soon for that sort of bundle.
  • Gambit1977 2 Nov 2013 23:36:46 9,583 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wii U is still, a year on, more expensive than I paid at launch. Thank you amazon :-)
  • Zomoniac 3 Nov 2013 17:41:05 7,826 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone played much Wii Party U? Did half an hour and about 12 minigames on Friday with a couple of friends until it became too much to bear and we all concluded it was a strong contender for the worst game ever. Good thing it only effectively cost me minus 1.50 as I needed another remote.
  • Oceanstar 3 Nov 2013 17:47:14 114 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Anyone played much Wii Party U? Did half an hour and about 12 minigames on Friday with a couple of friends until it became too much to bear and we all concluded it was a strong contender for the worst game ever. Good thing it only effectively cost me minus 1.50 as I needed another remote.
    Hmm. Me and my mates had an absolute blast last night with Party U. It depends on what mode you played with your mates. There are 3 modes with many mini-games. Playing the GamePad Island map on the TV Party mode is a great way to get people involved in this game.

NNID: Oceanstar

• Zomoniac 3 Nov 2013 18:00:52 7,826 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    We did the mode where you just have a big grid and pick games and don't use the gamepad. The balancing on a canyon one was the least shit game we tried. We counted dominos, kicked lots of balls into lots of goals, found a face that matched another face, drove rc cars round in circles and other similarly tedious activities.
  • Pinky_Floyd 3 Nov 2013 18:25:45 7,687 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wii Party U going down well here at Floyd Towers. Spent a good few hours on it. Love the pole vaulting and tabletop baseball.
  • Grax 3 Nov 2013 19:16:20 2,145 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Just finished 5.01. Really enjoying it but some of the design choices are a bit off. It doesn't matter if you say he is from new dehli, he is wonder black with dreadlocks doing breakdancing and you call him black. That is off

Also he is the only non whitein the gane so far

Also 2 seems to be a lot of panty flashing,

Edited by Grax at 19:19:32 03-11-2013
  • DFawkes 3 Nov 2013 19:27:06 22,789 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm really enjoying Mass Effect 3. I've only played about half of the first one in 360, but they've really tightened everything up in 3 without really sacrificing any of what I loved about that. Really enjoyable, even if you've never set foot in that universe before. The comic that sets out the plot of the first 2 is good enough to summarise it, though obviously you won't feel as deeply involved in those events. But you do make the key decisions, and they do make a difference to the story.

However, I did run into a bug that apparently all the versions have. I was really annoyed and rage quit last night, then was pleasantly surprised this morning - I'd accidentally quick saved just before the bug :) This happy accident could only happen on Wii U, because quick save and switch to Off TV play are on the same button (tap to save, hold to switch screen). Lucky escape!

Great game though, and no performance issues so far. Wii U stuff is just the usual map, touch screen power access and Off TV, but if it's your only option I'd definitely recommend it. I think the vast majority that are interested will probably have started on other formats though so I can't see a big audience for it, but if I'd picked this up at launch I'd have been happy.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Grax 3 Nov 2013 20:30:32 2,145 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    @DFawkes what's off tv like??? Some of the games I have used it on make it difficult to enjoy because of camera angles and stuff
  • DFawkes 3 Nov 2013 21:08:32 22,789 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd say it's good. The camera is tight enough in combat that you get a reasonable view, and the HUD highlights enemies so it's fairly easy to read where you're supposed to be shooting. So it's definitely playable enough.

However, you do lose that sense of scale that really impresses me in ME. Seeing massive enemies towering over the battlefield and burning planets on the horizon isn't quite as impressive when it's all tiny ;)

• dave19711998 4 Nov 2013 15:50:14 7 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Pinky_Floyd The wiimote works when you turn the machine on; when you switch from wii u mode to wii mode it switches off. I have to take out one of the batteries and put it back and it works fine; just seems a strange way to get the thing working though
  • Pinky_Floyd 4 Nov 2013 15:55:06 7,687 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @dave19711998 Might test that for you later and see what mine does. Is it an official wiimote?
  • Pinky_Floyd 4 Nov 2013 20:07:14 7,687 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @dave19711998 The wii remote does indeed switch off when you change mode but on mine a quick press of A brings it back to life and it works fine. No batteries need removed.
  • MiniAmin 4 Nov 2013 20:53:50 3,393 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think Wii U will be my main console.

As you all know I picked up the Wii U as an opportunistic buy from my friend, with the intention of retaining it as a second console, however it's quickly becoming one of my favourite consoles:

It's tiny, quite sleek, and has free online. Miiverse and internet explorer are both handy.

I only have one game at that moment owing (heh!) to the fact that I'm being very frugal at the moment. Pinky is kindly sending me me Smash Bros so I'll have two games soon - even if they're both Wii games :D

I've been playing Super Mario Galaxy and I'm genuinely astounded by it. I'll have to reserve my thoughts for another post, but wow, this whole "Nintendo magic" is no joke...
  • gooner77 4 Nov 2013 20:54:17 752 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just synced my wii fit meter with my gamepad to 'activate' my wii fit u trial as the full game. However it still says promo on the game icon on the main screen. Have I done it right ?
  • MrFlay 4 Nov 2013 22:14:38 655 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @MiniAmin

This is pretty much how I feel. I bought the Wii U for Nintendo games but now I'm buying all the multi-format games on it. The awesome Wii games are the icing on the cake, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is occupying me right now. I do most of my browsing on the Wii U browser too.
  • midi82 4 Nov 2013 23:12:13 671 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @gooner77 mine did the same thing, it still does as promo even though it said it was activated. Maybe it will change when the trial period finishes
  • gooner77 4 Nov 2013 23:49:41 752 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @midi82 cheets for the reply. Glad to know its not just me
  • JiveHound 5 Nov 2013 09:02:05 2,413 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Well I managed to get through the Triforce quest in Windwaker and I polished off the game last night.

I certainly enjoyed it and it does indeed look and play lovely on the Wii U but for me it doesn't really come close to Ocarina.

Then again I didn't really expect it too.

Looking forward to the 3ds game this month and obviously the new Wii U one whenever that comes out. Do not rush it please.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• vyseofhr 5 Nov 2013 09:11:42 821 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mine's still saying promo too, in an annoying lowercase font, which really offends my inner grammar-nazi.

Started WWHD a couple of days ago, by gah it looks spectacular. The game looks more like an interactive cartoon than ever.

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• DFawkes 5 Nov 2013 09:40:24 22,789 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So I see Call of Duty Ghosts has been confirmed as 1080p on Wii U :)

Not really, it's 720p. No reviews yet because of the delay, but there are screenshots and videos starting to leak now. It's the same team that did Black Ops 2 though, so it'll probably be another solid, enjoyable port. That's assuming you're into that sort of thing.

Also, if anyone cares, I e-mailed NinjaBee to ask if World of Keflings was still on track for this year, and they said that's still the plan. Plans can change though, but I'm still optimistic as I really enjoyed Kingdom.

• evilashchris 5 Nov 2013 09:45:06 6,971 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do Wii games look any better on Wii U then, or will I still cut my eyes on them?

Twitter: @COToole

• Deleted user 5 November 2013 09:49:36
    tv ad for SM3DW . Beware contains giant cats.

• jimnastics 5 Nov 2013 10:21:06 259 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Oh fuck me not the old blowing mechanic... can't wait to have all my nieces and nephews spit all over my gamepad at Christmas.
  • nickthegun 5 Nov 2013 10:22:56 59,452 posts
    Seen 16 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nnnnnnnnnnngggggggnnnnnnnn

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• treegreen 5 Nov 2013 10:34:51 103 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Another piece of brilliance by the Nintendo marketing department.

They've somehow managed to make Mario 3D World look awful.
  • Grax 5 Nov 2013 10:42:15 2,145 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!

why the hell would they put blowing on the gamepad into it

i hope it isn't mandatory
  • Frogofdoom 5 Nov 2013 10:44:03 879 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    they hadnt considered the connotations of yelling blow me in a room full of children.
  • Sid-Nice 5 Nov 2013 10:47:48 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shouldn't that catsuit have been ginger?

NNID Sid-Nice

• MrSemprini 5 Nov 2013 11:39:57 9,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    evilashchris wrote:
    Do Wii games look any better on Wii U then, or will I still cut my eyes on them?
    It should come as no surprise that Nintendo have put little to no effort into improving the clarity of the visuals on older games for delicate lambs such as yourself. Why would they when they can sell you an HD update down the line?
  • Page

of 1357 First / Last