• griff_dai 13 Oct 2013 14:02:40 419 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Heheheh
    Did you get yours?

So far my impressions of the WiiU....

I absolutely hate the OS....

Wind Waker looks so beautiful and plays so well that it's worth the 250 admission price.

Downloaded demo's of Trine 2 (looks stunning)
    Wonderful 101 (don't get it, it's bonkers).
    ZombieU (dunno what to make of it)....
  • PrivateFloyd 13 Oct 2013 14:12:44 4,117 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @griff_dai

It wasn't Pinky it was me, and no I didn't. Woke up with the most horrendous manflu, practically bed ridden.

I'm still on the fence though, SO tempted to get dressed and nip out before the wife goes to work, we shall see.

I just know Il end up getting rid of it in the new year so Im struggling with justifying 250 when my return back could be alot less if the next gen dominates.

Goat is hungry.....

• neilka 13 Oct 2013 14:19:05 15,871 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has anyone managed to get the higher capacity Gamepad battery anywhere yet? Having to stop playing Wind Waker every 90 minutes when the red light comes on isn't much fun. (I know you can use the Pro Controller but it's NOT THE SAME.)

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• Raiko101 13 Oct 2013 14:24:37 6,226 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Amazon have it for 25. That'll be the same price as on Nintendo's own online store, which launched this week. I don't really shop around too much, but 25 for a battery seems nuts.

Edited by Raiko101 at 14:26:09 13-10-2013

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Deleted user 13 October 2013 14:39:48
    It doesn't just seem nuts, it is nuts.
  • Fake_Blood 13 Oct 2013 14:42:10 4,175 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It bears the nintendo seal of quality though.
  • griff_dai 13 Oct 2013 15:06:02 419 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @PrivateFloyd Ahhh

I am going to get The Last Story (Wii always wanted to play it) and Deus Ex for this.
    I actually am loving the console and the games its a shame its let down by the horrendous OS.....

Still don't know if I'll keep it long term....
  • griff_dai 13 Oct 2013 15:09:00 419 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    Amazon have it for 25. That'll be the same price as on Nintendo's own online store, which launched this week. I don't really shop around too much, but 25 for a battery seems nuts.
    How much longer game time does this give you?
  • PrivateFloyd 13 Oct 2013 15:21:01 4,117 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @griff_dai

Had a good think about it, I'm going to wait it out.

I know what I'm like, when the next-gen rolls in il crumble! I don't get alot of time to game so I want to stay a one console household.

I had a good look online at the upcoming games for the U, i.e. not alot. an ambiguous Zelda title at some point. I always get bored of MarioKart. X looks good but not my cup of tea.

At this point I will have literally bought it for Wind Waker, Pikmin 3 and possibly Mario 3D world (which could go either way). I also happen to agree with you about the OS, i hated it when I bought a launch U.

Just over a month before the next gen will be out in the wild too. See what happens from there i think.

In the meantime I'm staying the fuck out of the Wii U Forum threads! I don't need any more reasons to second guess my logic!!

Enjoy your Zelda everyone, I am insanely jealous but reason has spoken. I am actually pretty proud of myself for once, lord knows I have spent a ridiculous amount of money re-buying consoles.

Goat is hungry.....

• griff_dai 13 Oct 2013 15:28:07 419 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @PrivateFloyd WW is worth the admission price.....not a lot else currently out on the WiiU comes close IMO....

Looking forward to playing Deus Ex through with the re-design boss battles and the gamepad....Shopto have it for 21 quid!

I may keep it for WiiU X
  • PrivateFloyd 13 Oct 2013 15:36:38 4,117 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @griff_dai

This is PrivateFloyd's Out Of Wii U Threads Automatic Reply Message.

I will be out of this thread indefinitely, never to return......until I inevitably buy a Wii U.

In the meantime, any urgent matters please message directly.

;-)

Goat is hungry.....

• Derblington 13 Oct 2013 15:38:17 21,506 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    griff_dai wrote:
    Raiko101 wrote:
    How much longer game time does this give you?
    Total charge of 5-8 hours, they say.
  • Pinky_Floyd 13 Oct 2013 15:52:49 7,730 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @neilka Thats pretty poor, I do get about 3 hours when playing with the pad and it doesnt bother me plugging it in so have postponed the fat battery purchase for now.
  • Deleted user 13 October 2013 15:53:34
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    It bears the nintendo seal of quality though.
    I didn't know that. I just ordered one now.
  • Deleted user 13 October 2013 15:55:16
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    @neilka Thats pretty poor, I do get about 3 hours when playing with the pad and it doesnt bother me plugging it in so have postponed the fat battery purchase for now.
    neilka's battery must be fucked. He probably left his poor neglected gamepad uncharged for ages, which borked the battery.
  • Pinky_Floyd 13 Oct 2013 15:55:51 7,730 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @griff_dai griff W101 is ace, its deep and asks a lot of the player though. Get past the initial learning curve and its one of the best games this year.

Pikmin 3 is also top drawer.

Both of these are very different to wwhd but just as good.
  • beastmaster 13 Oct 2013 16:01:31 11,338 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Riighhht. So, in order to get the best out of a Wii U, I will need

1. Wii U
    2. An external hard drive
    3. A pro controller
    4. A super, duper battery for the normal handset
    5. Some games

I went into Game yesterday as I was in the Trafford Centre after the Play Expo. WTF with the pricing of those games? No wonder it's not flying off the shelves.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 13 October 2013 16:08:29
    beastmaster wrote:
    Riighhht. So, in order to get the best out of a Wii U, I will need

1. Wii U
    2. An external hard drive
    3. A pro controller
    4. A super, duper battery for the normal handset
    5. Some games

I went into Game yesterday as I was in the Trafford Centre after the Play Expo. WTF with the pricing of those games? No wonder it's not flying off the shelves.
    Pretty much, but the external hard drive is only essential if you plan on buying most stuff digitally. I just use a USB stick in mine, for demos etc.

I do consider the pro controller essential though tbh, for battery life alone. It lasts forever, and it's also very comfortable. Great controller.

I paid 1 pound less for my pro controller on Amazon than the super, duper battery. That puts into perspective how absurdly priced that battery is.
  • nickthegun 13 Oct 2013 16:16:38 59,538 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Point five may prove problematic.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• ashfov 13 Oct 2013 16:25:56 33 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Really is madness if not bloody criminal that Nintendo have deemed fit not to install the new batteries as standard in the Zelda bundle and all machines thereafter. In related news I've just started Pikmin 3 and also managed to swap my WW DL code for a sealed physical copy...2 rights outdoing the single wrong!
  • Deleted user 13 October 2013 16:30:26
    @ashfov Agreed, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth when companies try and take the absolute piss like that, and take their customers for mugs. I would have assumed all new bundles would come with the new battery, and that the battery would be a tenner max.
  • ashfov 13 Oct 2013 16:37:46 33 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    rumblesushi wrote:
    @ashfov Agreed, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth when companies try and take the absolute piss like that, and take their customers for mugs. I would have assumed all new bundles would come with the new battery, and that the battery would be a tenner max.
    Reminds me a tad of Sony hitting you for a 10 HDD caddy if you buy a 12GB machine. With the battery though its like Nintendo have admitted the life is too short and have corrected it but want us to pay extortionately for the honour. Don't think I will bother as getting thr pro controller next week which lasts for something like 80 hours.
  • zoolophage 13 Oct 2013 16:49:57 1,684 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm not surprised by the battery pricing. When has a tech company ever offered something that you thought was brilliant value for money? I may buy one, if only because I was planning to buy Wii Fit U and now only have to spend 20 on a Fit Meter instead of the expected 40ish.

Sometimes I think Nintendo should just set up a direct debit on my bank account and send me stuff randomly. Might work out cheaper! If they ever opened a high street store selling all kinds of Nintendo rubbish...err...quality items...I'd be in trouble.

3DS: 2019-9957-3472

• Pinky_Floyd 13 Oct 2013 17:17:36 7,730 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I kinda disagree on either the battery or the pro being anything other than nice to haves. I find the gamepad really comfy to use, it doesnt take long to get used to that old slab in your mitts. Remember too that the gamepad has a loooooong lead.

You are going to want extra controllers anyway so in that respect, probably gonna get a pro anyway.

Had a wee wwhd session there on the gamepad while the rugrats watched cbeebies on the big tv.
  • Raiko101 13 Oct 2013 17:19:59 6,226 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I rarely get an opportunity to play any console beyond a couple of hours, so it has been a long time since i've drained the Gamepad. Having the Pro Controller is nice though. Especially if you're playing something like Splinter Cell, which doesn't really make great use of the Gamepad. The battery life of that thing is brilliant.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• AceGrace 13 Oct 2013 18:25:45 1,092 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    My wii u lan adapter should be here by tuesday. Have done some wi fi speed tests on the wii browser to keep for reference. Speeds are fine btw and thats not why I am buying the adapter, its for all the other benefits that wired brings over wireless.

where did you buy it from. they seem to be quite hard to find for a reasonable price.
  • JiveHound 13 Oct 2013 19:27:58 2,417 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I've never had a problem with the battery. Then again I have the charging cradle so I never forget to put it on.

I don't tend to game for longer than 3 hours and as others have said it has a long lead anyway. I think if the pad had longer stream range it would be more of an issue for me.

Still pretty cheap of Nintendo.

Edited by JiveHound at 19:28:47 13-10-2013

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Deleted user 13 October 2013 19:41:05
    @Pinky_Floyd To be fair, the Gamepad is way more comfortable than it looks. You get used to it quick and it just seems like a normal controller, but bigger.

However I still think the Pro is a solid step up, comfort wise. It's great to hold and has nicer, non rattly buttons. And of course an 80 hour battery life.

How do you guys find the wireless range on the Gamepad? It's much worse than expected for me. I'd like to use it in my office, at my desk, which is in the very next room to the console. It doesn't work, constantly loses signal. Maybe it's because there's a mirror covering the entire wall between the rooms, because the range is nowhere near as good as the reviews suggested.
  • MrFlay 13 Oct 2013 20:10:07 692 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I@rumblesushi

I think it depends on what sort of walls you have The cheaper the better in this case, concrete probably wouldn't help.
  • Page

of 1358 First / Last