Wii U Page 942

• Page

of 1369 First / Last

• Raiko101 29 Sep 2013 16:36:12 6,413 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So, does anyone else remember that summer update for the Wii U that was promised back in February? The one that then got pushed back to September? Well, having heard nothing of it since July, it appears that Nintendo Network and Miiverse are going down for 'extended' maintenance tomorrow. Is this going to be part of their major update? Or have they simply gone quiet about the whole thing, in the hope that we'll have all forgotten about it already?

Edited by Raiko101 at 16:37:35 29-09-2013

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Pinky_Floyd 29 Sep 2013 16:56:38 8,037 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What was supposed to be in the original update? Im sure its nothing special, just the usual updates and bug fixes.
  • Raiko101 29 Sep 2013 17:20:33 6,413 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They didn't mention specifics, but they did say it was many to be more significant than the last.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Pinky_Floyd 29 Sep 2013 23:02:57 8,037 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Lazy Sunday, was in the mood for Zelda so played some Skyward Sword. Finished the first temple and had loads of fun. The much maligned motion controls seem pretty good in here, no complaints. Unsure if I will ever finish it especially as Wind Waker HD is due, but it seems like the sort of game you can dabble in from time to time anyway, so who knows.
  • Deleted user 29 September 2013 23:15:21
    I really enjoyed Skyward Sword at first, until I got to the first temple, and had to use the tracking device to find those little fuckers. I just cannot find the last one. It keeps going hot towards this one area, high up, and adjacent to these steps and a vantage point. It keeps leading me near there, up in some foliage, but I just have no fucking clue how to get up there.

I think I'm OK at Zelda, OOT and WW didn't give me any problems apart from the Water Temple, and neither did the half of TP I played.

But here I am stuck on the very first temple FFS :D
  • Pinky_Floyd 29 Sep 2013 23:22:55 8,037 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @rumblesushi those 3 things were buggers, no doubt. Hit a guide and get past as the temple itself is pretty small but good fun. Here you go:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vG981HCYEeg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvG981HCYEeg

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 23:25:19 29-09-2013
  • Youthist 29 Sep 2013 23:25:11 10,027 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    @rumblesushi those 3 things were buggers, no doubt. Hit a guide and get past as the temple itself is pretty small but good fun.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Deleted user 30 September 2013 01:36:21
    @Pinky_Floyd Hey Pinky, thanks a lot, now I know exactly where the one I couldn't find is ;)

How have you found the gameplay since the 1st temple?
  • Pinky_Floyd 30 Sep 2013 08:38:35 8,037 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Am only an hour or so out of the first temple. Just making preparations to go to the second area so cant really comment yet. Seems grand though, you kinda go back to Skyloft and do some side quest stuff.
  • Pinky_Floyd 30 Sep 2013 09:30:14 8,037 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As an aside, the old wii sensor bar really is poop, it seems to have a range of about 3 metres, going by my rubbish testing last night. The range is too small for where I sit.

I do have a wireless sensor bar which has awesome range but it eats rechargeables for breakfast, only get 2 hours out of 4 x AA's.

I also have a Duracell wireless sensor bar which works with the Wii, but not the Wii U which is mind boggling, it's just LED lights FFS.

So I need a sensor bar solution! Wired would probably be fine. Anything with decent range really.

Any thoughts?
  • nickthegun 30 Sep 2013 09:31:44 60,436 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bayonetta 2 was superfantastic. If you cunts dont buy it, you deserve a failed console.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• neilka 30 Sep 2013 09:34:22 16,247 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I watched Mario 3D World for a while and it looked OKAY. He was dressed as a CAT.

This games journalism thing is harder than it looks.
  • Pinky_Floyd 30 Sep 2013 09:37:30 8,037 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You guys should be professional reviewers.
  • Pinky_Floyd 30 Sep 2013 09:38:16 8,037 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Bayonetta 2 was superfantastic. If you cunts dont buy it, you deserve a failed console.
    I think this is GOOD NEWS.
  • JiveHound 30 Sep 2013 09:38:22 2,539 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    As a fan of the original this pleases me greatly. Anyone that is a new fan of Platinum due to 101 owes it to themselves to try the witch out when she arrives.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• JiveHound 30 Sep 2013 09:40:06 2,539 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Regarding Skyward Sword. I like the controls most of the time but I do find the sword fighting aspect arduous.

It's a strange game for me. When I'm in a dungeon it's great fun but all the tasks outside that seem like padding bore me senseless. The dowsing is dull dull dull as is finding these orbs in the spirit realm which seems to precede every new dungeon.

Busy work tedium.

• Armoured_Bear 30 Sep 2013 09:47:45 11,340 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    As an aside, the old wii sensor bar really is poop, it seems to have a range of about 3 metres, going by my rubbish testing last night. The range is too small for where I sit.

I do have a wireless sensor bar which has awesome range but it eats rechargeables for breakfast, only get 2 hours out of 4 x AA's.

I also have a Duracell wireless sensor bar which works with the Wii, but not the Wii U which is mind boggling, it's just LED lights FFS.

So I need a sensor bar solution! Wired would probably be fine. Anything with decent range really.

Any thoughts?
    Have you turned your wiimote sensitivity up to the max?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Pinky_Floyd 30 Sep 2013 09:49:06 8,037 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

Have you turned your wiimote sensitivity up to the max?
    I couldn't find the sensitivity options in the menu's. Could only find volume etc.
  • Pinky_Floyd 30 Sep 2013 09:53:54 8,037 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PS I have a rec code for Animal Crossing on the 3DS - if anyone who frequents this thread wants it, shout.
  • nickthegun 30 Sep 2013 09:57:57 60,436 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also... Mario 3D is looking like a game that will suffer if you are a billy no mates.

Its basically the 3DS version with nsmbs multi player dumped on top of it, for better or worse. Anyone expecting an epic single player campaign is going to be very disappointed.

Also, the 3DS zelda looked amazing. They were showing the game on a huge led above the demo units and you wouldn't complain if it was a full wii u release. Looked really nice.

• Pinky_Floyd 30 Sep 2013 10:00:32 8,037 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Also... Mario 3D is looking like a game that will suffer if you are a billy no mates.

Its basically the 3DS version with nsmbs multi player dumped on top of it, for better or worse. Anyone expecting an epic single player campaign is going to be very disappointed.

Also, the 3DS zelda looked amazing. They were showing the game on a huge led above the demo units and you wouldn't complain if it was a full wii u release. Looked really nice.
    Pity. Been playing the 3DS 3D Land and it's great fun in single player. I think my 4 year old would struggle with the controls so guess I'll have to wait for the reviews before I consider buying.

Better hold on to my 3DS by the sounds of things too.
  • DFawkes 30 Sep 2013 10:02:43 23,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks for sharing nick :) Some good things, some less so. Mario 3D World in particular being more focused on multiplayer causes me a little concern as I prefer my Mario more as a billy no mates. I don't want it to necessarily feel epic, just not gimped for the solo player.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• nickthegun 30 Sep 2013 10:11:52 60,436 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The stand was disappointingly small time, though. There were two demo units for Bayonetta, two for W101 and two (iirc) for MK8 and, judging by the attire of the people queueing, the only people really turning up were already nintendo fans.

But... they had, essentially, a salesman on each unit, a nintendo equivalent of an apple genius just stood there to help you play the games and/or sell them to you.

• vyseofhr 30 Sep 2013 10:18:35 855 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zelda is 49.99 on the eShop when it releases this week, apparently.

*rolls eyes*

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• imamazed 30 Sep 2013 10:19:29 5,784 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    vyseofhr wrote:

*rolls eyes*
    That's standard pratice for digital games on every console tbf
  • LeoliansBro 30 Sep 2013 10:21:29 44,505 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    New games.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• beastmaster 30 Sep 2013 10:23:08 11,593 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    As a fan of the original this pleases me greatly. Anyone that is a new fan of Platinum due to 101 owes it to themselves to try the witch out when she arrives.
    It was fucking amazeballs!! I said that this would be the one which would make me buy a Wii U but I saw a lot there that impressed me. Donkey Kong in particular. Wonderful 101 ( I love you Platinum games!), Mario Kart and there's a few already out I fancy.

Only played Bayonetta 2 and I was overjoyed that it seems just as bonkers as the original and seemed to handle everything going on with ease. Pro Controller is a must though.

Yes, I loved Killzone, Dead Rising 3 etc. But the main impression I got from the Wii U games is how much fun people were having playing them.

The question is when do I get one? If it flops over Xmas then there will have to be that magical 199 bundle ;-)

However, I'll have two new consoles by then and finding the time to split between them may be difficult.

Chances are I'll buy it this Friday lunchtime with the Zelda bundle. I'm at a film festival all weekend though and won't get any time on it.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• JiveHound 30 Sep 2013 10:24:50 2,539 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    vyseofhr wrote:

*rolls eyes*
    That's standard pratice for digital games on every console tbf
    Pikmin and 101 were both 39.99 on the eshop. I bought a download code for Pikmin from game for 34.99. There was a 30% saving on 101 too.

50 for a remake is baffling.

• jimnastics 30 Sep 2013 10:24:59 290 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Thanks for sharing nick :) Some good things, some less so. Mario 3D World in particular being more focused on multiplayer causes me a little concern as I prefer my Mario more as a billy no mates. I don't want it to necessarily feel epic, just not gimped for the solo player.
    I'm genuinely concerned about this now... looks like we're in for a looooong wait for the next true 3D Mario from the M64 / SMS / SMG line. I don't want some lightweight multiplayer focused guff, I want a true solo adventure game.
  • nickthegun 30 Sep 2013 10:26:11 60,436 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought it was fine on the surfboard. I didnt really look down to see if there was anything going on off screen, though.

• Page

of 1369 First / Last