• Pinky_Floyd 25 Sep 2013 17:35:23 7,908 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yes*

*No
  • brainbird 25 Sep 2013 17:38:47 2,220 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, I'll certainly keep W101 in my mind after the praising it got here. but I'll stick to the games I've already ordered first. I know I'll have a ton of fun with Pikmin 3 (cheers Armoured Bear) after thoroughly enjoying the first two Pikmins.
  • macmurphy 25 Sep 2013 17:40:42 999 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Playing through Pikmin 2 and saving. Not really saving. Just not going out on the pop as much and being good and hoping I've accrued enough goodwill to get the wife on board for a purchase at Christmas.

/emasculated
  • Derblington 25 Sep 2013 17:47:44 21,700 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Derblington wrote:
    I'm in two minds whether to buy Wind Waker on launch or not. I could play through some of my back log instead but it is Wind Waker...
    What's in your backlog?
    Skyward Sword for one. But there's lots to be honest, I just fancy Wind Waker.
  • Armoured_Bear 25 Sep 2013 17:52:45 11,295 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Derblington wrote:
    I'm in two minds whether to buy Wind Waker on launch or not. I could play through some of my back log instead but it is Wind Waker...
    What's in your backlog?
    Skyward Sword for one. But there's lots to be honest, I just fancy Wind Waker.
    Go with what you fancy, always better to go with what you feel like playing rather than what you "ought" to be playing...

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• jambii267 25 Sep 2013 18:11:00 1,366 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Skyward Sword is much better, frankly.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• Steifybobbins 25 Sep 2013 18:16:46 353 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    W101 is the most fun ive had with a game in years. Its a must buy. Im shit at sticks and i had no bother drawing the shapes once i knew what was required.

Edited by Steifybobbins at 18:19:12 25-09-2013

Edited by Steifybobbins at 18:19:55 25-09-2013
  • JiveHound 25 Sep 2013 19:06:11 2,472 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    101 is very good. I'm really glad the game lets you progress even if you suck.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• kirinnokoshin 26 Sep 2013 21:41:02 62 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Played Mario 3D world at the Expo with a few randoms. Great fun, not sure how it will feel solo. One of them says to his mate, 'yeah, it's generic Mario' while proceeding to flounder through the level. I won at a canter. Noobs.

'It's fun' they concluded before leaving. :-)
  • Pinky_Floyd 26 Sep 2013 21:56:38 7,908 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Good to know!
  • Deleted user 26 September 2013 21:58:05
    DM also said he enjoyed it as well. Anyone Play Donkey Kong TF?
  • Pinky_Floyd 27 Sep 2013 08:25:40 7,908 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rumours that DK has been delayed. 
  • ecureuil 27 Sep 2013 08:34:29 76,870 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't suppose there's any chance they'll rerelease Skyward Sword on Wii U with normal controls, is there? I'm almost tempted to give it another go even with the shitty motion control stuff.
  • Youthist 27 Sep 2013 09:25:59 10,021 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "There was nothing wrong with the controls in Skyward Sword"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• jimnastics 27 Sep 2013 09:44:27 283 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    kirinnokoshin wrote:
    Played Mario 3D world at the Expo with a few randoms. Great fun, not sure how it will feel solo. One of them says to his mate, 'yeah, it's generic Mario' while proceeding to flounder through the level. I won at a canter. Noobs.

I will be fucking furious if this game isn't single-player focused, with multiplayer being a fun extra. Ok not fucking furious, but really pissed off. The 3D Mario games should always be single-player adventures (64, SMS, Galaxy etc.). It's the game I'm looking forward to most this year :/
  • AceGrace 27 Sep 2013 10:06:03 1,132 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    "There was nothing wrong with the controls in Skyward Sword"
    For me, after a while I just wanted normal controls back. I think it was a bad decision to force motion controls only.
  • Armoured_Bear 27 Sep 2013 10:29:51 11,295 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    I don't suppose there's any chance they'll rerelease Skyward Sword on Wii U with normal controls, is there? I'm almost tempted to give it another go even with the shitty motion control stuff.
    Not a chance IMO.

FWIW the controls are ok, they're definitely not perfect as the stupid fawning 10/10 reviews suggested but they're not terrible.
    The handholding and incredibly irritating Fi are far, far bigger issues.

It's a beautiful game with a good story, dungeons and characters but very flawed.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• kirinnokoshin 27 Sep 2013 10:29:55 62 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If you're expecting a primarily single player 'adventure' style platformer a la 64 / Galaxy with some multiplayer add-ons I think you are going to be disappointed, it's clearly been designed to accommodate both play-types.

How this will be developed and what new gameplay it will bring to the 3D platformer template will be interesting to see. It felt fresh, quite 'arcadey' and is incredibly slick (as expected).

*Tried to delete this post but can't..

Edited by kirinnokoshin at 10:35:22 27-09-2013
  • kirinnokoshin 27 Sep 2013 10:31:11 62 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    jimnastics wrote:
    kirinnokoshin wrote:

I will be fucking furious if this game isn't single-player focused, with multiplayer being a fun extra. Ok not fucking furious, but really pissed off. The 3D Mario games should always be single-player adventures (64, SMS, Galaxy etc.). It's the game I'm looking forward to most this year :/
    If you're expecting a primarily single player 'adventure' style platformer a la 64 / Galaxy with some multiplayer add-ons I think you are going to be disappointed, it's clearly been designed to accommodate both play-types.

How this will be developed and what new gameplay it will bring to the 3D platformer template will be interesting to see. It felt fresh, quite 'arcadey' and is incredibly slick (as expected).
  • beastmaster 27 Sep 2013 11:01:42 11,442 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Going to get a hands on with the Wii U at the Expo. I could crumble and buy one next week.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• DFawkes 27 Sep 2013 11:05:00 23,034 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What Wii U stuff is at the Expo? I know about Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong, anything else?

I'd have thought you'd miss out on trying a few good older games, even if they are admittedly lacking for a multi-console owner such as your good self. I still hope you do break though, you've been on the edge for a good while waiting for there to be more games you'd enjoy :)

Edited by DFawkes at 11:05:36 27-09-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• nickthegun 27 Sep 2013 11:08:29 60,130 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think Bayonetta 2 is there, which im perversely looking forward to playing.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• kirinnokoshin 27 Sep 2013 11:10:30 62 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    What Wii U stuff is at the Expo? I know about Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong, anything else?

I'd have thought you'd miss out on trying a few good older games, even if they are admittedly lacking for a multi-console owner such as your good self. I still hope you do break though, you've been on the edge for a good while waiting for there to be more games you'd enjoy :)
    Saw Mario 3D World, DKC: TF, Sonic LW, Wind Waker HD, Bayonetta 2 and Mario Kart 8. There was some other stuff that I can't recall, it's mostly listed on the EG Expo webpage.
  • DFawkes 27 Sep 2013 11:11:34 23,034 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah, Bayonetta 2 is the game that beastmaster has said was tempting him most, so he may be ONE OF US soon. Can't see it really using any Wii U features well, but it's more Bayonetta, which is good.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Pinky_Floyd 27 Sep 2013 11:25:01 7,908 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I haven't even watched a trailer for Bayo 2 yet and Bayo 1 didn't grab me but admittedly I didn't give it enough of a chance. After being hooked on W101 I will definitely pay more attention to Bayo 2 moving forward.
  • nickthegun 27 Sep 2013 11:34:09 60,130 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you still have an xbox or whatevs it will definitely be worth giving it another crack before the second one comes out.

• Pinky_Floyd 27 Sep 2013 11:38:26 7,908 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    If you still have an xbox or whatevs it will definitely be worth giving it another crack before the second one comes out.
    I do actually, although the PS3 is sold and the money tucked away I held on to the 360 for GTA5 (which surprisingly I'm not getting much chance to play as the wife hates it with a passion - too much swearing and general nastiness).

I was probably a bit overwhelmed with Bayo when it first came out - but if I could handle W101 I reckon might be ok with it now as I think a lot of the systems are the same.

Should be pretty cheap too.
  • nickthegun 27 Sep 2013 11:42:19 60,130 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    your best bet is to score attack the train station level until you start getting decent trophies. Its a really good level for learning the systems, the enemies and generally getting to grips with how to play.

If you just plough through it, the game gets harder before you get better, if you see what i mean.

Its pure platinum in that respect.

• Deleted user 27 September 2013 11:42:27
    Good to see a few people are now gunning for a John Wu after seeing the fun, slick, 60fps magic compared to what was on offer on the PS4 and Xbone.
  • Deleted user 27 September 2013 11:44:06
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    I do actually, although the PS3 is sold and the money tucked away I held on to the 360 for GTA5 (which surprisingly I'm not getting much chance to play as the wife hates it with a passion - too much swearing and general nastiness).

I was probably a bit overwhelmed with Bayo when it first came out - but if I could handle W101 I reckon might be ok with it now as I think a lot of the systems are the same.

Should be pretty cheap too.
    Haha, exactly the same for me. I've been persuading her to play/watch, just so I can actually get some solid time with it. She hates it, because of the general nastiness and abundance of swearing. I keep persuading her it's just an interactive action film, and more of a comedy action film.
  • Page

of 1364 First / Last