Wii U Page 935

  • Page

    of 1363 First / Last

  • Sid-Nice 16 Sep 2013 22:59:18 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think an all new HD Pilot Wings Wii U bundle would fly off the shelves.

    NNID Sid-Nice

  • Deleted user 16 September 2013 23:04:24
    We recently completed Super Luigi U (all five stars and 94 coins like Super mario bros U) and really surprised by the Eurogamer 6/10.

    At best I could deduct it a single point (or two if being mean) for being too much like SMBu without the add on challenges. But it was still new gameplay levels that played out different, interesting and exhilarating 2D platforming just like mario; no one else gets remotely close to that experience, accessibility, addictiveness or product polish.

    I would still have given it a 9/10 and have a change of heart about Luigi; he's now less of the: “I'm a weiner” and more of the “I'm a winner”.
  • Pinky_Floyd 16 Sep 2013 23:05:02 7,897 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    I think an all new HD Pilot Wings Wii U bundle would fly off the shelves.
    Pilotwings would make a lovely HD game!
  • Pinky_Floyd 16 Sep 2013 23:05:17 7,897 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nintendo suck!
  • Sid-Nice 16 Sep 2013 23:21:44 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wii U and PS4 GTA V confirmed for 6th of December release; GTA V on Xbox One will launch 2 weeks earlier on 22nd of November when the new Microsoft console launches worldwide. PC gamers will have to wait until the 24th of January to get their hands on the game.

    NNID Sid-Nice

  • Pinky_Floyd 16 Sep 2013 23:28:37 7,897 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    La la la la la

    /sticks fingers in ears
  • Grax 17 Sep 2013 08:24:24 2,224 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Mazty is back

    anon_
    "Generally"

    Also, am referring to the 'main' commercial consoles here (PS3 and 360) as Wii is inherently weird and niche by its nature.
    From the what don't you like about Japanese games thread

    Edited by Grax at 08:25:37 17-09-2013
  • Psychotext 17 Sep 2013 10:26:57 54,188 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Wii U and PS4 GTA V confirmed for 6th of December release; GTA V on Xbox One will launch 2 weeks earlier on 22nd of November when the new Microsoft console launches worldwide. PC gamers will have to wait until the 24th of January to get their hands on the game.
    Is that legit?
  • Armoured_Bear 17 Sep 2013 10:33:00 11,190 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Wii U and PS4 GTA V confirmed for 6th of December release; GTA V on Xbox One will launch 2 weeks earlier on 22nd of November when the new Microsoft console launches worldwide. PC gamers will have to wait until the 24th of January to get their hands on the game.
    Is that legit?
    Of course not, it's Sid's "humour".

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Psychotext 17 Sep 2013 10:43:45 54,188 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ahh.
  • Pinky_Floyd 17 Sep 2013 17:11:20 7,897 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    With the benefit of hindsight etc, what do you think of this?

    http://ie.ign.com/videos/2012/01/13/ces-wii-u-zelda-tech-demo
  • Cappy 17 Sep 2013 17:19:04 11,936 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I doubt you'll ever see that demo in game form, it was just something whipped up to help drive interest, it's like that Ganondorf versus Link sword fight demo they had in the early days of the Gamecube, two games and we never got anything like that.

    The demos do their job, make the fans jiggle around happily whilst all Nintendo are actually giving them is a bunch of game titles without release dates.

    Edited by Cappy at 17:20:03 17-09-2013
  • Pinky_Floyd 17 Sep 2013 19:41:09 7,897 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I know it will never see the light of day, was more interested if anyone thought it looked good or would like to see that type of Zelda. 

    Funny seeing the prototype controller, the screen was much smaller.
  • Armoured_Bear 17 Sep 2013 20:15:06 11,190 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    With the benefit of hindsight etc, what do you think of this?

    http://ie.ign.com/videos/2012/01/13/ces-wii-u-zelda-tech-demo
    I'd much rather WInd Waker/Skyward Sword style visuals personally.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Armoured_Bear 17 Sep 2013 23:26:55 11,190 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Some of the Pikmin 3 photos are stunning

    Especially this one.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Short-Round 18 Sep 2013 01:03:11 1,181 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Some of the Pikmin 3 photos are stunning

    Especially this one.
    Are all of those in-game real-time shots, or fmv? Most of those are stunning, like this.

    Would love to play this (Pikmin 2 was one of my favourite games of that generation), but still can't bring myself to buy a Wii U :/ Ninty get enough of my cash through the 3DS anyway.
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Sep 2013 09:54:36 11,190 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Short-Round wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Some of the Pikmin 3 photos are stunning

    Especially this one.
    Are all of those in-game real-time shots, or fmv? Most of those are stunning, like this.

    Would love to play this (Pikmin 2 was one of my favourite games of that generation), but still can't bring myself to buy a Wii U :/ Ninty get enough of my cash through the 3DS anyway.
    None are fmv, two are from cut-scenes (The Spaceship flying horizontally and the end game screen), the rest are in-game. It's a really beautiful game.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Armoured_Bear 18 Sep 2013 10:51:44 11,190 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So SEGA bought Atlas, missed opportunity for Nintendo, a mere 88 Million they cost.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Cappy 18 Sep 2013 10:58:35 11,936 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What would that 88 Million have got them? Atlus almost exclusively release handheld games now, they only made one HD console game in this entire generation.

    Considering that Nintendo are close to forcing Sony out of the handheld sector entirely they'd get everything Atlus publishes without paying a Penny anyway.

    Edited by Cappy at 10:59:09 18-09-2013
  • DFawkes 18 Sep 2013 11:06:27 22,963 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's a good point, I hadn't considered that. Little point in paying for exclusives when you're mostly getting them anyway. Most of their portable stuff seems to be single format anyway, so I doubt denying Sony the occasional PSP game will be a worthwhile financial investment in the long run. Heck, Sega have a close relationship with Nintendo so I'd be surprised if it didn't go that way on its own.

    Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

  • Armoured_Bear 18 Sep 2013 11:08:47 11,190 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    What would that 88 Million have got them? Atlus almost exclusively release handheld games now, they only made one HD console game in this entire generation.

    Considering that Nintendo are close to forcing Sony out of the handheld sector entirely they'd get everything Atlus publishes without paying a Penny anyway.
    Fair enough.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Deleted user 18 September 2013 11:19:48
    Wouldn't have thought Atlus were worth that much tbh, didn't realise their games sold that much, especially considering they are basically handheld only.
  • Roddles 18 Sep 2013 11:32:55 1,895 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    List of Atlus games

    I guess that's why I've never really heard of Atlus, apart from people whinging about their favourite import game not getting a proper western release.
  • Pinky_Floyd 18 Sep 2013 11:46:59 7,897 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Snowbo kids!
  • Deleted user 18 September 2013 11:49:55
    Snowboard kids is probably my favourite Atlus game, or rather, the only one I even vaguely liked :D
  • vyseofhr 18 Sep 2013 13:08:42 846 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wii Sports Club HD hitting eShop November 7th

    Not a pipebomb, but certainly nice. The F2P aspect sounds interesting, although £8.99 to unlock any sport for unlimited usage is a touch too high in my opinion. Online play in golf, tennis and bowling will be awesome though.

    Edited by vyseofhr at 13:20:16 18-09-2013

    NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

  • midi82 18 Sep 2013 13:39:34 673 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Seems a bit expensive, but the clubs and the competitive online sounds like a stroke of genius.
  • Cappy 19 Sep 2013 10:33:57 11,936 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    That's a good point, I hadn't considered that. Little point in paying for exclusives when you're mostly getting them anyway. Most of their portable stuff seems to be single format anyway, so I doubt denying Sony the occasional PSP game will be a worthwhile financial investment in the long run. Heck, Sega have a close relationship with Nintendo so I'd be surprised if it didn't go that way on its own.
    Nintendo doesn't need more bolstering on the handheld side anyway. They need an equivalent to Goldeneye/Blast Corps era Rare, an outfit that can crank out console games year on year and help add some value to owning a Wii U.

    Atlus just doesn't have the technical chops to do that without Nintendo investing a huge amount of money that they'd rather use on their own studios.
  • not_themilkybarkid 19 Sep 2013 13:21:53 29 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Nintendo doesn't need more bolstering on the handheld side anyway. They need an equivalent to Goldeneye/Blast Corps era Rare, an outfit that can crank out console games year on year and help add some value to owning a Wii U.
    Closest thing I can think of is Retro Studios. They've even taken over Donkey Kong Country duty from Rare.
  • Raiko101 19 Sep 2013 13:26:10 6,305 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rare had there own projects though. Retro work specifically on Nintendo titles. They were created in order to produce more 'mature' titles for the GameCube (At least originally).

    Edited by Raiko101 at 13:28:33 19-09-2013

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • Page

    of 1363 First / Last

Log in or register to reply