of 1387 First / Last

• midi82 2 Sep 2013 13:11:57 677 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    At least 10 of them must have thought it was a standard wii game
  • DFawkes 2 Sep 2013 13:15:33 23,781 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What about the nerdrage? They delayed it on Wii U so lots of people said they weren't buying it. Ha! Take that! I guess either the Challenge App cooled that off, or it was just people venting because they were miffed. This is the Internet after all.

I'm still genuinely surprised it sold better on Wii U though, given the smaller userbase. I know there are bits really designed for Wii U so it's logical enough, but I can't help but feel it really should've sold more on 360 and PS3. Still, a sale's a sale so it's all good :)

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Pinky_Floyd 2 Sep 2013 13:33:25 8,256 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Rayman Legends looks excellent and a genuine laugh multiplayer.
    Probably be better to have a nice wee simple game like this on live arcade.
  • nickthegun 2 Sep 2013 13:40:32 61,039 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    OH SNAP

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• DFawkes 2 Sep 2013 13:43:47 23,781 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Come on now Pinky, LB is being nice now. Nice!

Don't suppose anyone else bought Splinter Cell Blacklist? Randoms are fine, but I'd still prefer co-op with an EGer if there are any. I suspect there won't be. For what it's worth, it's pretty good but the Gamepad stuff is fairly inessential. That said, switching gadgets or lethal/non-lethal is a tiny bit easier with the buttons right there in front of you, but nothing I'd pay extra for.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• LeoliansBro 2 Sep 2013 13:45:31 44,736 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Rayman Legends looks excellent and a genuine laugh multiplayer.
    Probably be better to have a nice wee simple game like this on live arcade.
    There's a level of polish missing from other recent releases, and the game itself looks far bigger than say W101. I wouldn't mind it being on XBLA but it doesn't need it to sell IMO.

Wonder if it's sold more copies than W101. Bet it has.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• DFawkes 2 Sep 2013 13:51:30 23,781 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wonder if it's vaguely possible that some people bought their Wii U well in advance, assuming the old release date, so all the Rayman fans had their console ready to go before the delay? Or more likely people with Wii U's pre-ordered it and left them pre-ordered even after the delay.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 2 Sep 2013 13:51:38 39,354 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I like a bit of Rayman every now and again. Although my Origins save game got corrupted about a third of the way in and I never went back to it.

Jungle Run is my favourite Rayman game though strangely.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Pinky_Floyd 2 Sep 2013 13:56:13 8,256 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My drippy snot collection would sell more than W101.

Not bigger though, Rayman clocking in around 12 hours according to Metro, W101 clocks in around 17 for a single play through.

Hey, I'm not buying it anyway for now, though if I did, would definitely be the Wii U version, even over the PC as all the PC is going to give you is a bit of extra AA. Could run it at 120fps I suppose.
  • LeoliansBro 2 Sep 2013 13:59:22 44,736 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah, shame Rayman is so short, looked to be a little longer than that. Still if I play it twice it'll be 24 hours long.

That's how this sort of thing works, right? ;)

• Pinky_Floyd 2 Sep 2013 14:04:31 8,256 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Let's stop this teasing and get straight to the nakedness.
  • Red_Bool 2 Sep 2013 14:29:30 1,174 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    3 player Rayman Legends on WiiU is awesome :D The fact that I could play together with my lads made me go for this instead of W101 (plus it was cheap ;))
    Highlight so far: The level where everyone turns into chickens and Murfy has to clear a way through cake. The boys on the Wiimotes, me on the gamepad - total chaos! :D We were shoutin', laughin' and high-fivin'all the way :)
  • Pinky_Floyd 2 Sep 2013 16:49:36 8,256 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So how do those sales results stack up? Is Rayman a blockbuster success on the wii u and a horrendous flop on 360 and ps3 given the huge variance on install base and the fact that wii u has 45% of the sales?
  • kinky_mong 2 Sep 2013 16:56:33 10,711 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If Rayman Legends is only 12 hours long I'm a banana. I put in about 8 or 9 hours over the weekend and still have well over half the stuff to unlock.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Pinky_Floyd 2 Sep 2013 16:57:40 8,256 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Metro called you a banana, fight!
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Sep 2013 17:09:47 11,678 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I can't believe that a cartoony, colourful game IN 2D actually sold a few copies, of course it must have been a cheap XBLA game...

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Rodpad 2 Sep 2013 17:19:46 2,055 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You're a thick cunt.
  • Deckard1 2 Sep 2013 17:20:50 29,160 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can't argue with that really

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• RyanDS 2 Sep 2013 17:22:51 9,724 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I can't believe that a cartoony, colourful game IN 2D actually sold a few copies, of course it must have been a cheap XBLA game...
    Why? It got good reviews and is a popular franchise.
  • CharlieStCloud 2 Sep 2013 17:25:20 5,368 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CALM DOWN LADIES.

... put the handbags away for one day.
  • Rodpad 2 Sep 2013 17:32:09 2,055 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's ok, I'm on "the list".
  • LeoliansBro 2 Sep 2013 17:35:14 44,736 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    To be fair it does show such a game can succeed as a AAA release. Platinum could learn a thing or two here. Nintendo as well.

• Pinky_Floyd 2 Sep 2013 17:43:47 8,256 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    To be fair it does show such a game can succeed as a AAA release. Platinum could learn a thing or two here. Nintendo as well.
    When you say 'such a game' you are implying they are similar. One game is a simple platformer and fairly appealing to the masses whereas the other one is a much more hardcore type of game that wouldn't sell big on any platform (let alone the fact that wii u owners were too stupid to buy it anyway).

The only similarity between the two games is a cute art style. Beyond that? Nah, chalk and cheese.
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Sep 2013 17:44:33 11,678 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    How can it be AAA if it's cartoony, colourful and 2D?
    I've missed something here, aren't 2d platformers ten a penny on XBLA?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• kinky_mong 2 Sep 2013 17:54:50 10,711 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    How can it be AAA if it's cartoony, colourful and 2D?
    I've missed something here, aren't 2d platformers ten a penny on XBLA?
    In his own words "disgusting attention seeking sad little drip of skitter."

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• DFawkes 2 Sep 2013 18:07:45 23,781 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LB is being lovely and generally positive, which I thought would mean we'd all be happy for once. Seems like it's not to be.

I was thinking of going on a splurge and buying all the Warriors Orochi 3 DLC, but it's about 60! The game was 20. Granted, it's mostly cosmetic stuff, but some package option would've been nice. It's nice that it's well supported with DLC I suppose, unlike Black Ops 2.

• JiveHound 2 Sep 2013 20:35:33 2,668 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think the fact that Legends has sold most on Wii U just goes to show how little the game has sold overall.

Origins didn't sell many copies if I remember rightly too.

I played the 'What the Duck' level this morning before work and I can see why the Wii U is the definitive version just based on that level. It's excellent.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Deleted user 2 September 2013 20:44:47
    I say this as a John Wu owner, who likes my John Wu - but the Gamepad bits on Rayman are forced and unfun, like ZombiU.

I'm enjoying the action on the big screen, and suddenly I'm being forced to play a boring, 1 button phone game. Really quite jarring, it takes me out of the experience rather than adds to it.

Off TV play is a really good idea and I like it, but I'm amazed anyone likes the stupid Gamepad interaction on games. I'll say one thing, W101 does it better than anything else I've seen.
  • Pinky_Floyd 2 Sep 2013 23:09:42 8,256 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @JiveHound If it sold 45% of the share on the wii u, then it must have utterly bombed on the other formats given the huge install base of ps3 and 360. There are only 6 people in the UK with a wii u and I am one of them.
  • Pinky_Floyd 2 Sep 2013 23:11:30 8,256 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @rumblesushi Is the dual screen stuff in Rayman a bit forced? It feels really fresh on W101.
  • Page

of 1387 First / Last