Wii U Page 838

• Page

of 1370 First / Last

• MrTomFTW Moderator 2 Aug 2013 18:01:02 38,686 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No, I'm a mental. I can't really bad someone for being mental, it's discriminatory.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Ashleyfiddes 2 Aug 2013 18:02:31 980 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bahhhhh double post

Edited by Ashleyfiddes at 18:03:00 02-08-2013
  • Ashleyfiddes 2 Aug 2013 18:02:35 980 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @MrTomFTW am I still allowed to get annoyed if he is a mental I don't want to have to feel guilty about getting angry
  • Pinky_Floyd 2 Aug 2013 18:04:51 8,038 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He won the thread and can now retire in glory and never post again.† Ive seen some classy shit on this thread but that was just brilliant.† Everyone else can give up and retire.† Mazty could take a few lessons from such a master.
  • Sid-Nice 2 Aug 2013 18:08:58 15,851 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Time for my Rayman Legends Challenges App and a little bit of Star Wars Pinball.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Frogofdoom 2 Aug 2013 18:18:22 967 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    how do you rate the star wars tables sid? are they as good as the best zen ones?
  • Red_Bool 2 Aug 2013 19:39:07 1,174 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Frogofdoom - I've got the Star Wars tables on Pinball FX2 on the 360 and think they are awesome. Check out the Pinball FX2 thread for more positive opinions ;)
  • Frogofdoom 2 Aug 2013 19:54:42 967 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    i will nab them then, i think my current favourite table is epic quest
  • Pinky_Floyd 2 Aug 2013 23:41:08 8,038 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Whats the pinball game you guys are playing?† Does it have off tv play?
  • Raiko101 3 Aug 2013 00:05:04 6,423 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Zen Pinball 2 and yes, it has off-tv play. It's a great little game!

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Sid-Nice 3 Aug 2013 00:22:09 15,851 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    how do you rate the star wars tables sid? are they as good as the best zen ones?
    The 3 Star Wars tables are very similar; yet even when you master each table, the ball physics are a little unforgiving in the sense that when you think you're in control you lose your ball in a blink of an eye. I can see me scoring a table topping score soon; if I can manage to keep my concentration level up.

I'd estimate around 1 hour gameplay to get a top 5 spot on the leader board.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Frogofdoom 3 Aug 2013 06:37:37 967 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    i dont appear on any leaderboard for any table, it shows how bad i am at pinball. I need some more friends on the wii u to show me up :D
  • Deleted user 4 August 2013 17:32:47
    I'm surprised people are complaining that the Wii U is 3 Gamecubes taped together. As if that's a bad thing.

F-Zero GX destroys everything on the 360 and PS3 apart from SF4. Just imagine a game THREE times as good as F-Zero GX. It's almost unfathomable.
  • Ashleyfiddes 4 Aug 2013 17:34:29 980 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @rumblesushi your a day early to start an argument come back tomorrow
  • nickthegun 4 Aug 2013 17:37:38 60,452 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its faultless logic, though.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Ashleyfiddes 4 Aug 2013 17:39:43 980 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @nickthegun you sure you didn't mean it was a logicless fault???

Edited by Ashleyfiddes at 17:40:07 04-08-2013
  • Pinky_Floyd 4 Aug 2013 17:42:03 8,038 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not allowed to post in here during weekends as its not fair on the rest of the asylum who are on weekend leave.
  • RichieTenenbaum 4 Aug 2013 17:44:29 2,223 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I can imagine a new, amazing F Zero. Nintendo just don't want to make it. :(
  • Sid-Nice 4 Aug 2013 17:56:25 15,851 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    F-Zero, Mario Golf and Metroid Prime for the Wii U will be announced soon.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Frogofdoom 4 Aug 2013 19:11:02 967 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    No it will be metroid golf and f-mario the 2 latest x-over games
  • Sid-Nice 4 Aug 2013 20:36:52 15,851 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    When Samus morphs into a ball in Metroid Golf; it will be difficult choosing the right club to whack on the arse with.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Deleted user 5 August 2013 00:48:41
    What do you guys think of the Gamepad?

I have to admit, as a piece of hardware, it's much better than I expected. I heard people say crappy resistive screen, feels cheap, etc etc, but it feels nice and solidly built like most Nintendo stuff, and the screen surprised me.

It's clear and sharp, with decent colour reproduction (albeit a tad warm) and black levels (as long as you turn the brightness down). The sharpness is obviously helped by the supersampling too. It destroys the 3DS screen.

And perhaps even more surprising is how comfortable it is. As comfortable as any controller out there to me, despite it's massive size. I like the weight too, if it was much heavier it might start to feel cumbersome and annoying after lengthy playtime.

As a concept? Unfortunately I don't feel the same way. I've mainly used it for ZombiU, and the Gamepad interaction just feels forced and unnatural, even allowing time to get used to it. I think the fact you have to be told "Look at the gamepad" kind of says it all really.

In all honesty - each time there was Gamepad interaction, it brought me out of the experience more so than adding to it.

Overall it's good though, as off TV play is superb, and so is playing full console games on a handheld.

And the main reason I got the game was to play new Mario, Zelda and Mario Karts rather than the Gamepad anyway ;)
  • Deleted user 5 August 2013 02:11:29
    I was looking at Disney Infinity and Skylanders, wonder why Nintendo don't make their own. Small Nintendo and probably Sega characters that you place on the WiiU Gamepad and they come to life so to speak.

On the subject, surely Disney infinity could have used the WiiU gamepad this way rather than sell WiiU owners another platform to sit their toys on.
  • spamdangled 5 Aug 2013 02:21:37 27,413 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I know that supposedly Wii games aren't enhanced, but am I the only one who honestly thinks they look a lot better played through the WiiU?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Sid-Nice 5 Aug 2013 02:55:48 15,851 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I like the Gamepad it feels comfortable and is very ergonomic; sadly there isnít any must have titles that fully utilise the Gamepad, more importantly the majority of current Wii U games would have been just as enjoyable using a traditional controller.

The low latency technology of the Gamepad is excellent; it would have been in Nintendoís best interest to use this technology (via a dongle) or a similar peripheral for people to use their existing tablets to play Nintendo games using Off TV Play.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Sid-Nice 5 Aug 2013 03:05:54 15,851 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    I know that supposedly Wii games aren't enhanced, but am I the only one who honestly thinks they look a lot better played through the WiiU?
    The US Wii U was supposedly able to upscale Wii U games and the PAL version couldn't/didn't. It could be down to the HDMI connection; does the source on your TV tell you the resolution i.e. 60Htz 1080 X 1920, 720 X 1280 etc.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Deleted user 5 August 2013 03:13:40
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    I like the Gamepad it feels comfortable and is very ergonomic; sadly there isnít any must have titles that fully utilise the Gamepad, more importantly the majority of current Wii U games would have been just as enjoyable using a traditional controller.

The low latency technology of the Gamepad is excellent; it would have been in Nintendoís best interest to use this technology (via a dongle) or a similar peripheral for people to use their existing tablets to play Nintendo games using Off TV Play.
    Exactly how I feel. I like the controller and technology, but unfortunately it just feels kind of pointless for everything apart from Off TV Play.

I can't help but think they should have stuck to Motion Plus controllers, and used the money that has gone into Gamepad development and manufacturing towards a slightly more powerful console and more/better marketing ;)
  • Deleted user 5 August 2013 03:18:13
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    The US Wii U was supposedly able to upscale Wii U games and the PAL version couldn't/didn't. It could be down to the HDMI connection; does the source on your TV tell you the resolution i.e. 60Htz 1080 X 1920, 720 X 1280 etc.
    I haven't played Wii games on mine yet, I'll try tomorrow, maybe Skyward Sword or Galaxy. I've got an excellent plasma with great scaling and video processing (PS51D8000) so Wii games already look surprisingly good through component. I'll see how much difference HDMI makes.

And Sid, they ARE upscaling to whatever res you have your Wii U set at, rather than rendering in a higher resolution. Maybe you mean the US WIi was supposedly able to render Wii games at a higher res? Either way I don't think that's true. DF reported that PAL Wii U's just have limited video options, basically forcing you to use HDMI, which I don't see as a problem.

Edited by rumblesushi at 04:24:50 05-08-2013
  • spamdangled 5 Aug 2013 07:20:48 27,413 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @rumblesushi

It's actually Skyward Sword in particular that I'm talking about :) Found it a fairly ugly mess of jaggies back when it first came out, but even though there are still some jaggies on the WiiU, it seems greatly improved.

This could just be the upscaling of course, but if so then I think perhaps people underestimate (or forget) the jump in visual quality that moving from SD to HD does. The world really pops off the screen, and it really shows off the watercolour artstyle in a way that moves it beyond being simply "a pretty bit of art to hide the iffy tech of the Wii" into something gorgeous in its own right.

Hell, if they tidied it up a bit more and released an enhanced port with full AA and gamepad support to help navigate the areas and switch tools, I'd lap it up. And I say this as someone who wasn't a fan of SS when it first came out.

Also: Pikmin 3 is glorious and this weekend I have wanted to bang my head against the wall after discovering the WiiU has no optical out port for surround sound.

Edited by darkmorgado at 08:18:21 05-08-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• nickthegun 5 Aug 2013 08:05:55 60,452 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    rumblesushi wrote:

And the main reason I got the game was to play new Mario, Zelda and Mario Karts
    Unlucky

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Page

of 1370 First / Last