Wii U Page 807

• Page

of 1370 First / Last

• Armoured_Bear 20 Jul 2013 20:10:48 11,365 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Yeah I hav no idea who Platinum are so fair enough if you are getting excited about the team behind it because the videos sure as fuck don't look that good.
    How the fuck do you not know who they are?
    They're one of the most respected studios around.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Pinky_Floyd 20 Jul 2013 20:19:53 8,047 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My 4 year old sitting beside me watching max and ruby on netflix via the gamepad, happy as a pig in poop while the big tv is off and the rest of us enjoy relative peace and quiet. 
  • RyanDS 20 Jul 2013 21:14:38 9,593 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Platinum have done Bayonetta, Mad World, Vanquish, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and Anarchy Reigns.

Before that they were Clover Studios (essentially) and responsible for God Hand, Viewtiful Joe and Okami.

It's founded by the guys responsible for Resident Evil and Devil May Cry.
    Honestly.  From that list. ..
    Okami is still the only game I have abandonded during the intro. ( In my defence that means I still have it an hour. ..)
    Bayonetta was boring.
    The others I haven't heard of apart from mad world which I hear is one of the few good wii games and that metal great game which I haven't looked at. 

I assume they are fairly niche or else just someone that happened to pass me by. 
  • Derblington 20 Jul 2013 21:24:55 21,926 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They've all got a lot of attention at the time of release, especially here. They've obviously just passed you by.
  • Bremenacht 20 Jul 2013 21:28:39 18,752 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I usually don't follow particular studios, so I didn't know them either, but I do know those games. They seem to be quality.
  • Deleted user 20 July 2013 21:33:52
    Derblington wrote:
    Platinum have done Bayonetta, Mad World, Vanquish, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and Anarchy Reigns.

Before that they were Clover Studios (essentially) and responsible for God Hand, Viewtiful Joe and Okami.

It's founded by the guys responsible for Resident Evil and Devil May Cry.
    A couple brilliant games in there so fair enough with the excitement. Not enough, personally, to compensate for bad looking gameplay videos but to each their own.
  • Pinky_Floyd 20 Jul 2013 21:49:03 8,047 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    i definitely applaud more off the wall titles like this, it looks bananas.  Perhaps its a bit simplistic as its basically the tutorial?  The E3 vid had crazy big monsters and stuff. 

Super interested, tentatively hopeful, cautiously optimistic. 

Before I go.....

Iggy. I beat you but you are still a cnut.
  • RyanDS 20 Jul 2013 21:50:11 9,593 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    They've all got a lot of attention at the time of release, especially here. They've obviously just passed you by.
    Fair enough.  I don't pretend to know everyone.  From that list they are very Japanese in flavour which is not really my thing.
  • Ashleyfiddes 20 Jul 2013 21:56:35 980 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Pinky_Floyd haha nahhhh I went back and clears it with all three star coins and no damage this is what I love about mario sometimes you just have the perfect level
  • Cappy 20 Jul 2013 22:02:58 12,030 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Platinum's games end up lining the bottom of the used bargain bins, most people generally don't see much reason to keep them and that's a Yardstick that says it all.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Jul 2013 22:16:03 11,365 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Platinum's games end up lining the bottom of the used bargain bins, most people generally don't see much reason to keep them and that's a Yardstick that says it all.
    If games aren't replayed over and over they're shit.

• RyanDS 20 Jul 2013 22:21:54 9,593 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    Not really. For story based games one play is enough (see Bioware, although I normally do those twice, good and bad.) Replayability is not essential always.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Jul 2013 22:22:56 11,365 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    Not really. For story based games one play is enough (see Bioware, although I normally do those twice, good and bad.) Replayability is not essential always.
    Wikipedia helps

• RyanDS 20 Jul 2013 22:24:08 9,593 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    Wikipedia helps
    I think you meant sarcasm? Not irony. Two different things.
  • Pinky_Floyd 20 Jul 2013 22:26:55 8,047 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    *speechless*

/sighs

/goes and makes a cup of tea
  • Cappy 20 Jul 2013 22:38:54 12,030 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    The more feasible explanation is that the owners of those games just didn't see any merit in them and no point to keeping them around.

Bayonetta for instance. Slick, arcade style action right? Except Bayonetta arrived with a multitude of performance problems that point to mishandling and bad project management. Slick, arcade style games aren't supposed to judder and tear all the time, it ruins the feel of the game all the way through. The review hype machine works on release but people ultimately vote with their feet.

I doubt anybody is replaying Valkyria Chronicles constantly, it sold nearly as much as Bayonetta but you seldom see it in bargain bins because a lot of players opted to keep it.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Jul 2013 22:40:00 11,365 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    Wikipedia helps
    I think you meant sarcasm? Not irony. Two different things.
    Not really.

• Armoured_Bear 20 Jul 2013 22:43:38 11,365 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    The more feasible explanation is that the owners of those games just didn't see any merit in them and no point to keeping them around.

Bayonetta for instance. Slick, arcade style action right? Except Bayonetta arrived with a multitude of performance problems that point to mishandling and bad project management. Slick, arcade style games aren't supposed to judder and tear all the time, it ruins the feel of the game all the way through. The review hype machine works on release but people ultimately vote with their feet.

I doubt anybody is replaying Valkyria Chronicles constantly, it sold nearly as much as Bayonetta but you seldom see it in bargain bins because a lot of players opted to keep it.
    Bayonetta only ran like shit on the PS3 as it was a crap port.
    Are you seriously trying to say that the developers of Okami, Viewtiful Joe etc. are shit?
    I know you hate 99.9% of games but even for you that's a bit much.

• Cappy 20 Jul 2013 22:50:29 12,030 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You do know that the 360 version of Bayonetta was bad performance wise also?

It actually had even worse tearing than the PS3 but was better in a number of other areas. It's average frame rate wasn't 60FPS even without V-Synch and some of the worst tearing you'll see.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Jul 2013 22:53:14 11,365 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cappy wrote:

It actually had even worse tearing than the PS3 but was better in a number of other areas. It's average frame rate wasn't 60FPS even without V-Synch and some of the worst tearing you'll see.
    I don't remember the tearing being that bad bit it was ages ago. I hate tearing but it doesn't mean that the game or developer is shit.

• DFawkes 20 Jul 2013 22:54:36 23,355 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Did it? I know that I had no issues with it at all, but I didn't realise others did. That's a real shame, as it was really an impressive spectacle when I played it, though I didn't get all that far so maybe it got worse later on. I just assumed after reading Digital Foundry that it was alright.

Couple of issues in cut-scene I think, but nothing that hurt gameplay.

Edited by DFawkes at 22:55:51 20-07-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Cappy 20 Jul 2013 22:58:04 12,030 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Digital Foundry did spend a lot of time bathing Platinum's balls with their tongue but the numbers are right there, really bad tearing, something like 50% in the 360 version.
  • DFawkes 20 Jul 2013 23:04:31 23,355 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm really glad I didn't experience that, as it might've put me off Bayonetta 2, which I'm quite looking forward too. Thankfully what little gameplay we have seen has been reasonable enough, though I'll probably keep an eye out for reviews nearer release just in case there are issues.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Syrette 20 Jul 2013 23:09:41 43,772 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago

• DFawkes 20 Jul 2013 23:12:35 23,355 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Come on now, no need for that shenanigans again please! We're having a nice reasonable discussion on how Platinum games run, which is relevant to Wii U given they're developing games for it. Please, no more pictures of Adam Woodyatt. I'd really appreciate it :)

Until Eastenders Wii U is announced, at least.

Edited by DFawkes at 23:12:47 20-07-2013

• JYM60 20 Jul 2013 23:17:14 16,858 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Bit surprised there are regulars on this forum that don't know who Platinum are, to be honest.
    Yep, it's pretty funny. I haven't even played a game of there's (though have played Clover games) but obviously know of them.

Weren't people even talking in this thread about how nintendo should have tried to purchase them?

Edited by JYM60 at 23:17:53 20-07-2013

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• Sid-Nice 21 Jul 2013 00:57:27 15,852 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago

Ian Beale's reaction to Rio Ave 3 Newcastle United 1.

NNID Sid-Nice

• neilka 21 Jul 2013 02:42:17 16,266 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He really should get some Zovirax on that thing.
  • Progguitarist 21 Jul 2013 14:48:41 10,481 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone know if these are flying of the shelves yet?
  • JiveHound 21 Jul 2013 15:49:52 2,544 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Something Mario Kart, something something Christmas bundle.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Page

of 1370 First / Last