Wii U Page 801

  • Page

    of 1354 First / Last

  • midi82 19 Jul 2013 10:11:48 668 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's a nice deal and will probably encourage a few people to go for the downloads but it's not going to be the best value.
    The convenience of a download is good, but then on the other hand there is the account problems.
  • midi82 19 Jul 2013 10:14:55 668 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The thing is Mazty, Mario 3d world is/will be a good game. Whether it is to your taste or not is a different matter.
    The guy obviously enjoyed playing it, he also mentions that he had pretty much playing in ideal conditions. It was never said that the game is perfect. He just had fun, which after all is what games are all about.
  • Pinky_Floyd 19 Jul 2013 10:15:18 7,657 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    midi82 wrote:
    It's a nice deal and will probably encourage a few people to go for the downloads but it's not going to be the best value.
    The convenience of a download is good, but then on the other hand there is the account problems.
    Don't forget that physical Nintendo games hold their price well for selling on or trading in.
  • midi82 19 Jul 2013 10:24:52 668 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What about the opinion of an industry professional,

    say a games journalist working for one of the biggest gaming sites on the net. Or maybe you have to be a CEO for an opinion to count for anything.
  • Pinky_Floyd 19 Jul 2013 10:30:28 7,657 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mazty wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    mazty wrote:
    @Pinky_Floyd @MrTomFTW Enjoy what you want, but when did we need an article dedicated to it? If a critic had said Last Stand was good because he loved Schwarzenegger, he'd rightfully be fired as the film was a steaming pile o' crap. This sort of juvenile article is what makes the vast majority of gaming journalism the pathetic turd that it is.
    Opinions in gaming journalism = good

    Less of you in this thread = good

    See the pattern?
    Opinions from basement dwelling fanboys covered in cheeto dust surrounded by jizz rags = bad

    Your opinion =
    You really, really need a hug. I'll tell your mum to give you one after she makes me breakfast and cleans my bathroom.
  • Zizoo 19 Jul 2013 10:42:17 8,256 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mazty wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    mazty wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    mazty wrote:
    @Pinky_Floyd @MrTomFTW Enjoy what you want, but when did we need an article dedicated to it? If a critic had said Last Stand was good because he loved Schwarzenegger, he'd rightfully be fired as the film was a steaming pile o' crap. This sort of juvenile article is what makes the vast majority of gaming journalism the pathetic turd that it is.
    Opinions in gaming journalism = good

    Less of you in this thread = good

    See the pattern?
    Opinions from basement dwelling fanboys covered in cheeto dust surrounded by jizz rags = bad

    Your opinion =
    You really, really need a hug. I'll tell your mum to give you one after she makes me breakfast and cleans my bathroom.
    Totes fail
  • Pinky_Floyd 19 Jul 2013 10:45:30 7,657 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thank god that using the mobile version of the site means I never have to see user posted images on the forum. Especially from spazty. Yes, super especially from spazty.
  • Armoured_Bear 19 Jul 2013 10:47:14 10,509 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    3DS had a strong month in the US, top selling console with 225K and 3 of the top 5 selling games, Animal Crossing sold shitloads.
    Nintendo are desperately hoping that this will be repeated with the Wii U at Christmas and some strong games but I wonder how it can happen with such a low profile in shops...

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Pinky_Floyd 19 Jul 2013 10:49:42 7,657 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    3DS had a strong month in the US, top selling console with 225K and 3 of the top 5 selling games, Animal Crossing sold shitloads.
    Nintendo are desperately hoping that this will be repeated with the Wii U at Christmas and some strong games but I wonder how it can happen with such a low profile in shops...
    Good games sell consoles. When the good games start selling consoles, the shops scale up their displays to match. If the good games fail to sell the consoles, then the Wii U is doomed anyway.
  • Deleted user 19 July 2013 10:51:35
    it help if britain had shops to sell consoles
  • Armoured_Bear 19 Jul 2013 10:54:27 10,509 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    3DS had a strong month in the US, top selling console with 225K and 3 of the top 5 selling games, Animal Crossing sold shitloads.
    Nintendo are desperately hoping that this will be repeated with the Wii U at Christmas and some strong games but I wonder how it can happen with such a low profile in shops...
    Good games sell consoles. When the good games start selling consoles, the shops scale up their displays to match. If the good games fail to sell the consoles, then the Wii U is doomed anyway.
    Yeah, I hope that's how it works.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Deleted user 19 July 2013 11:10:58
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    3DS had a strong month in the US, top selling console with 225K and 3 of the top 5 selling games, Animal Crossing sold shitloads.
    Nintendo are desperately hoping that this will be repeated with the Wii U at Christmas and some strong games but I wonder how it can happen with such a low profile in shops...
    Good games sell consoles. When the good games start selling consoles, the shops scale up their displays to match. If the good games fail to sell the consoles, then the Wii U is doomed anyway.
    Yeah, I hope that's how it works.
    The 3ds upsurge in sales have to give them hope. At the moment the wii u is only priced 50 quid, sometimes only 20 quid above the 3DSXL on amazon. Get the games out, advertise, and i think the console will stabalise itself into a solid seller.
  • kinky_mong 19 Jul 2013 11:11:10 10,105 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Thank god that using the mobile version of the site means I never have to see user posted images on the forum. Especially from spazty. Yes, super especially from spazty.
    I would just like to take this opportunity to thank whoever it was that pointed out his username is mazty and not matzy. So many of us had missed the nickname that was staring us in the face. Spazty.

    So beautiful in it's simplicity. SPAZTY.


    "MMMNNGHH SPAZTY! Being a spaz again! SPAAAAAAAAAAZTYYYYYYY!" :belm:

    I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

  • Sid-Nice 19 Jul 2013 12:27:36 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Good games sell consoles. When the good games start selling consoles, the shops scale up their displays to match. If the good games fail to sell the consoles, then the Wii U is doomed anyway.
    It's an impossibility for Nintendo to turn things around with the Wii U. TV ads, supermarket shelves and games store advertising/shelf-space will be centred around the next Gen. People will know/hear less of the console that almost didn't exist to begin with. Stocking the Wii U is a big risk for retailers.

    NNID Sid-Nice

  • CharlieStCloud 19 Jul 2013 12:28:00 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    3DS had a strong month in the US, top selling console with 225K and 3 of the top 5 selling games, Animal Crossing sold shitloads.
    Quite telling that they have kept quiet about the Wii U, both hardware and software sales.

    ... even Sony in their worse months still allowed their sale figures to go through so, I imagine they must be fairly bad to keep it to themselves.

    Pleased to see the 3DS do well though, seeing as it has had a great line-up of games this year.
  • Ashleyfiddes 19 Jul 2013 12:31:02 980 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Sid-Nice ah but your forgetting nintendos secret weapon

    Kid; I want Xbox 1 for Christmas
    Mum; well ok I will see what I can do
    Mum goes shopping sees Xbox for 430 quid looks at Nintendo for 200 and goes 'well the wii was a lot of fun and I can't afford 430 quid'
  • neilka 19 Jul 2013 12:40:57 15,831 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kid: What the fuck is this you daft cunt
  • Ashleyfiddes 19 Jul 2013 12:43:43 980 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @neilka I always managed to stop myself from saying that, and giving a thank you running upstairs. My mum never got it right
  • Pinky_Floyd 19 Jul 2013 12:50:10 7,657 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Good games sell consoles. When the good games start selling consoles, the shops scale up their displays to match. If the good games fail to sell the consoles, then the Wii U is doomed anyway.
    It's an impossibility for Nintendo to turn things around with the Wii U. TV ads, supermarket shelves and games store advertising/shelf-space will be centred around the next Gen. People will know/hear less of the console that almost didn't exist to begin with. Stocking the Wii U is a big risk for retailers.
    I doubt very much they will ever hit the heady heights of the new gen or even the last gen but I don't think it's impossible for them to turn around the wii u's fortunes and make it a viable and reasonably successful product in its own right. Time will only tell, should be interesting regardless.
  • Sid-Nice 19 Jul 2013 12:52:31 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ashleyfiddes wrote:
    @Sid-Nice ah but your forgetting nintendos secret weapon

    Kid; I want Xbox 1 for Christmas
    Mum; well ok I will see what I can do
    Mum goes shopping sees Xbox for 430 quid looks at Nintendo for 200 and goes 'well the wii was a lot of fun and I can't afford 430 quid'
    I doubt it; mum will see the Wii U (If anywhere will fucking stock it) and think... He already has a Wii "Gathering dust" I've always wanted to say that, so 200 for a stupid controller is ridiculous.

    NNID Sid-Nice

  • Sid-Nice 19 Jul 2013 12:55:57 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nintendo fans will by the Wii U when the games arrive and the casual gamer will buy a Wii U when the price drops and when Mario Kart 8 is the next must have game.

    NNID Sid-Nice

  • Armoured_Bear 19 Jul 2013 13:14:02 10,509 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mazty wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Nintendo fans will by the Wii U when the games arrive and the casual gamer will buy a Wii U when the price drops and when Mario Kart 8 is the next must have game.
    Casuals will buy the Wii U when hell freezes over - it ain't cool like the wii was. The care more about phablets and smart phones than Wii 1.5. I just wonder how many nintendo fans there are and if they lost any with the wii as it had almost no core offerings.
    That's really not true.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Page

    of 1354 First / Last

Log in or register to reply