Wii U Page 691

• Page

of 1363 First / Last

• Wolves1877 28 May 2013 17:58:43 405 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Anyone playing Monster Hunter Ultimate 3 & fancy some online co-op tonight? I am only a couple of hours in but its a bit of a slog on your own.

• Deleted user 28 May 2013 18:05:51
    Sonic Lost Worlds Debut Trailer

edit: has a nice Galaxy vibe to it, promising stuff!

Edited by TearYouAsunder at 18:08:39 28-05-2013

Edited by TearYouAsunder at 18:08:53 28-05-2013
  • CharlieStCloud 28 May 2013 18:10:05 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sonic Lost Worlds?

... Super Sonic Galaxy more like!
  • Raiko101 28 May 2013 18:12:09 6,310 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Wolves1877 I normally meet up with an old friend who shipped off to Canada a few years back. It means i'm online at ridiculous times at night/in the morning. :(

We do need to arrange something on here though. JiveHound was looking to sort something out recently too, but i'm too unreliable. If you folk want to organise a time, I can try and join you!

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• INSOMANiAC 28 May 2013 18:44:21 3,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    AKA Sonic Galaxy (except our character is strictly a one trick pony)

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Luckyjim 28 May 2013 18:46:24 2,873 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TearYouAsunder wrote:

Unless Nintendo help them with this I can't see it being anything other than another average Sonic game.
  • Sid-Nice 28 May 2013 18:59:21 15,852 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    thegofp wrote:
    Am I the only person who got all the updates done in less than 30 minutes? Always wondered why folks were complaining about updates times, unless Australia gets servers all to themselves for updates? (I was under the impression we just used the European ones)

The problem I had was I received my son's ZombiU Bundle 2 days prior to release and the Wii U/Virgin Media Super Hub had compatibility problems; I did eventually find a fix online, then when I picked up my Premium Nintendo Land bundle the whole “System Update” shenanigans was over in about 40 minutes.

NNID Sid-Nice

• CharlieStCloud 28 May 2013 19:40:34 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sorry guys.

I know I am a terrible person for bringing up Nintendo Life every now and again, but this is simply too good to miss ... and you can probably stop picking on Mr. Armoured Bear after reading this too!

It's like the Cold War. The Wii U is the U.S and the Xbox One is the Soviet Union. The Wii U is a free console (The U.S is a free country) allowing you to explore the internet freely and play games freely. Backwards compatibility has little control (The U.S's democracy has little control over the government) too. The Xbox One has a stupid mandatory online connection were most things require online and online connections are required (Enjoying how well the Wii U is doing and winning), used games are highly limited, no backwards compatibility (Where's my red lantern ring?!), and there are probably more limited features. The Xbox One may keep beating the Wii U at competitions (I personally think the Wii U is winning), but the Xbox One's gamers will eventually grow tired of the Xbox One and make the Xbox One change things up (The Soviet Union wasn't broke up by loss in competitions with the U.S, it broke up because the leaders thought it was time to do so). `Raises fist up and chants "Wii U is going for GOLD!" `

... and another little golden nugget:

Wii U is a TRUE next generation console unlike the Xbox One which is archaic and smacks of cronyism.

God, I love that place.

: )
  • Luckyjim 28 May 2013 19:46:39 2,873 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Sorry guys.

I know I am a terrible person for bringing up Nintendo Life every now and again, but this is simply too good to miss ... and you can probably stop picking on Mr. Armoured Bear after reading this too!

It's like the Cold War. The Wii U is the U.S and the Xbox One is the Soviet Union. The Wii U is a free console (The U.S is a free country) allowing you to explore the internet freely and play games freely. Backwards compatibility has little control (The U.S's democracy has little control over the government) too. The Xbox One has a stupid mandatory online connection were most things require online and online connections are required (Enjoying how well the Wii U is doing and winning), used games are highly limited, no backwards compatibility (Where's my red lantern ring?!), and there are probably more limited features. The Xbox One may keep beating the Wii U at competitions (I personally think the Wii U is winning), but the Xbox One's gamers will eventually grow tired of the Xbox One and make the Xbox One change things up (The Soviet Union wasn't broke up by loss in competitions with the U.S, it broke up because the leaders thought it was time to do so). `Raises fist up and chants "Wii U is going for GOLD!" `

Wii U is a TRUE next generation console unlike the Xbox One which is archaic and smacks of cronyism.

God, I love that place.

The sad thing is, the site's actually not that bad. The articles, for instance, tend to be quite even-handed. It's just most of the posters. They are completely deluded.
  • Luckyjim 28 May 2013 19:47:44 2,873 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think I prefer GoNintendo. A little less rabid.
  • Progguitarist 29 May 2013 01:44:42 10,440 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago

Just in case anyone was considering buying it to play with a friend.
  • spamdangled 29 May 2013 01:48:59 27,355 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Luckyjim wrote:
    TearYouAsunder wrote:

Unless Nintendo help them with this I can't see it being anything other than another average Sonic game.
    Colours and Generations say hi.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Raiko101 29 May 2013 03:56:12 6,310 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Progguitarist I was reading about that on Miiverse. What a shame. I was considering picking it up. Not sure what replay value it offers now. Seems like a waste of a port.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• fletch7100 29 May 2013 06:32:29 7,319 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago

Edited by fletch7100 at 06:34:37 29-05-2013
  • jimnastics 29 May 2013 07:06:15 280 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I don't know who, what, why, where or how, but I'm feeling good about the Wii U. It's a strange sensation... I can't wait for E3.
  • Armoured_Bear 29 May 2013 07:19:11 11,266 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Sorry guys.

God, I love that place.

Beautiful.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Luckyjim 29 May 2013 08:52:25 2,873 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Luckyjim 29 May 2013 08:57:30 2,873 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @darkmorgado

Exactly. Those two titles are good in comparison to modern Sonic games, not games in general. At best, they're above average titles (I imagine their review ave is in the 70s).
  • figaro7 29 May 2013 08:59:09 1,363 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ^^ I wouldnt be blaming the people who run nintendo life, its a fanboy response no more no less. I visit nintendo life quite a bit as they seem to have a good stream of new information on nintendos products.
  • LeoliansBro 29 May 2013 09:17:53 44,245 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:

Just in case anyone was considering buying it to play with a friend.
    That's a mock up, right?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• DFawkes 29 May 2013 09:38:14 22,977 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really don't mind as I was planning on getting it just for the single player anyway, but that's still a pretty poor show. I know 505 Games isn't the largest publisher in the world, but just porting the whole thing can't be that much harder, surely?

Then again, I've no idea how difficult (or expensive) it is to port the network stuff over to Nintendo Network. I'd have hoped Nintendo would've offered a helping hand in that if asked, but I've no idea if they did get asked. Maybe the publisher wanted it out the door as quick as possible before Nintendo do get their act together and release games? Could be any number of reasons for the omission, but that doesn't make it feel any less poor.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• LeoliansBro 29 May 2013 09:44:39 44,245 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So that's real?

That's absolute fucking bullshit - the first multiconsole game arguably designed with the WiiU in parallel and it's a big fuck you to the idea that it can hold its own even with the current gen.

Maybe Nintendo could have offered more support and facilitated a better online / multiplayer game. But they didn't. I wonder why that is.

• Armoured_Bear 29 May 2013 09:46:08 11,266 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    So that's real?

That's absolute fucking bullshit - the first multiconsole game arguably designed with the WiiU in parallel and it's a big fuck you to the idea that it can hold its own even with the current gen.

Maybe Nintendo could have offered more support and facilitated a better online / multiplayer game. But they didn't. I wonder why that is.
    There's been plenty of online/MP in other Wii U titles, they clearly cut the budget based on expected sales.

• LeoliansBro 29 May 2013 09:49:33 44,245 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    So that's real?

There's been plenty of online/MP in other Wii U titles, they clearly cut the budget based on expected sales.
    I know, but the point is this was a multiconsole third party game which would have been aware of the WiiU architecture (and had a dev kit) from an early stage. I've been saying for ages that I would hold jusgement on third party games based on the launch titles as they were only ports (and rushed ports at that).

This is a really poor showing though. Developer doesn't care. More worryingly, Nintendo doesn't care, again.

• Zizoo 29 May 2013 09:52:50 8,378 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Imagine the disparity when the PS4 and Xbox One are out...
  • Armoured_Bear 29 May 2013 09:53:41 11,266 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    So that's real?

I know, but the point is this was a multiconsole third party game which would have been aware of the WiiU architecture (and had a dev kit) from an early stage. I've been saying for ages that I would hold jusgement on third party games based on the launch titles as they were only ports (and rushed ports at that).

This is a really poor showing though. Developer doesn't care. More worryingly, Nintendo doesn't care, again.
    I agree that it's crap but I'm not sure how much we can say Nintendo does or doesn't care in this case. Apart from 3rd party exclusives from Japan I'd assume that pretty much everything else 3rd party will be shite, just like the Wii.

• LeoliansBro 29 May 2013 09:57:19 44,245 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not necessarily saying Nintendo doesn't care overall. I'm just saying that this is another specific example where they (along with the developer) have left a game to fail. I haven't actually yet seen a counterexample, and so (ahead of E3) I'll go on all available evidence and say this is further evidence that Nintendo have dropped this console. We already know developers have.

• jimlufc 29 May 2013 09:58:16 118 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    How are Nintendo to blame for every shit game that comes out on their console?
  • jimlufc 29 May 2013 10:03:12 118 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear haha so ALL third party games on the Wii were shit? Except those from Japan? what a ridiculous statement that is.

Untrue too.
  • DFawkes 29 May 2013 10:04:13 22,977 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jimlufc wrote:
    How are Nintendo to blame for every shit game that comes out on their console?
    Whilst I wouldn't put the blame directly on them, they have the opportunity right now to build stronger third party relationships by offering help, be it assistance in porting an engine, partial financial/publishing support or helping get a game running on their network.

Given they seem to be relying on third party releases right now and they're few and far between (and at the moment all multiplatform), it'd be a great time to do that sort of thing. So it might not be their fault, but they're not helping matters.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Page

of 1363 First / Last