Wii U Page 688

• Page

of 1345 First / Last

• Armoured_Bear 23 May 2013 23:48:43 10,258 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Lego City Undercover, just class.  Played up until the end of the first main mission, climbing a building and chasing bad guys and laughing at the Naked Gun style humour throughout. 

When did Lego games get so good?  Last one I played was good clean fun but nothing that overly grabbed me.
    It gets much, much better than what you've played so far :-)

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• binky Moderator 24 May 2013 00:25:55 9,424 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    spazmo wrote:
    Not a new IP but could be suprising
    Not as surprising as the fact that they (and apparently everyone) are charging £40 for New Super Luigi U.
    The last direct stated it would be around a tenner for dlc and £20 in the shops, I'm sure of it.
  • binky Moderator 24 May 2013 00:27:17 9,424 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    @Pinky_Floyd

I think its a one off mate. I'm the same. Thought other lego games were Ok but nothing to write home about.
    LCU though is just brilliant. The missions, humour, unlockables etc. Its totally surprised me.

Hopefully after e3 there will be more to look forward to.
    I've been avoiding getting it for those exact reasons, Lego games just do nothing for me action wise. Is this really different enough to warrant a punt? The humour does look right up my alley..
  • JiveHound 24 May 2013 00:27:55 2,326 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'm pretty sure the last direct didn't state a price.

I did read it was $20 DLC, $30 retail so who knows?

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• JiveHound 24 May 2013 00:29:05 2,326 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    binky wrote:
    addyb wrote:
    @Pinky_Floyd

I think its a one off mate. I'm the same. Thought other lego games were Ok but nothing to write home about.
    LCU though is just brilliant. The missions, humour, unlockables etc. Its totally surprised me.

I've been avoiding getting it for those exact reasons, Lego games just do nothing for me action wise. Is this really different enough to warrant a punt? The humour does look right up my alley..
    I'd say it's different enough. The controls feel more tactile somehow too.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Sid-Nice 24 May 2013 00:34:06 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I did post in the Nintendo Direct article "If Super Luigi U is under £20 on the eShop I might Nabbit."

NNID Sid-Nice

• Pinky_Floyd 24 May 2013 00:40:22 7,369 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    binky wrote:
    addyb wrote:
    @Pinky_Floyd

There is a scene in the cop shop between two cops.  One is guzzling coffee and the other turns around to him and demands to know just how much of that stuff he has had so far today.

The coffee drinking cop, all grizzled and nervy looking looks at him and says, in a perfect vocal impersonation of Dirty Harry; "Well you gotta ask yourself, have I had 5 shots or 6"?.....

Me and the wife just looked at each other and burst out laughing :D

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 00:44:00 24-05-2013
  • Sid-Nice 24 May 2013 00:44:21 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There has to be a LCU sequel; I'd be content with some downloadable content in the meantime.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Armoured_Bear 24 May 2013 06:51:27 10,258 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    binky wrote:
    addyb wrote:
    @Pinky_Floyd

I'm not a massive Sandbox fan and I liked the Lego Star Wars games rather than loving them but this is miles better, it really is superb, it'll have you grinning like a loon.
    It's so refreshing to have a game that doesn't take itself remotely seriously, is full of colour, bonkersness and fun.
    It's also huge.

• midi82 24 May 2013 08:19:38 661 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The humour is great, each level seems to have something a bit different, it's brilliantly writen. I just found the projector in the briefing room and watched a few of the cut scenes back.
    The little comments you get as you walk around are great too.
    it's just a good, fun game. Definitely worth a punt.
  • Raiko101 24 May 2013 09:34:58 6,055 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I actually ordered it from amazon last night, whilst trying to decide on something else. It looks so good. I too haven't got on well with other Lego games, so hopefully this is as gpod as it looks.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• nickthegun 24 May 2013 09:38:11 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had a play on it over the weekend and, as a person who isnt that keen on lego games, its really good. Seems like something you could boot up to fart around with for five minutes without actually achieving anything.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Frogofdoom 24 May 2013 09:47:54 868 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Im not overly far in yet, but its way better than the other lego games i have played (all the star wars one and one of the indiana jones ones). Frame rate dips are a bit annoying but other than that its really good.
  • nickthegun 24 May 2013 09:50:16 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its to be expected with a TT game. I would rather have frame rate dips than the screen tearing in half like their other games.

He totally called it

• Deleted user 24 May 2013 09:55:12
    JiveHound wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the last direct didn't state a price.

I did read it was $20 DLC, $30 retail so who knows?
    Thats what i heard/read too. Sometimes with stuff like this it will get adjusted nearer release date.

Or.

Retailers know people will pay it for mario (Can't do those cross out things) luigi titles.
  • Armoured_Bear 24 May 2013 09:59:06 10,258 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Im not overly far in yet, but its way better than the other lego games i have played (all the star wars one and one of the indiana jones ones). Frame rate dips are a bit annoying but other than that its really good.
    Technically it's not great, badly needs AA and has pop up and framerate dips but it looks nice despite that.

• Armoured_Bear 24 May 2013 10:01:22 10,258 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I posted this in the consoles incoming but thought it would be of interest here, it doesn't mean much but it's quite funny.

XBone causes 875% increase in Wii U Sales :D

• neilka 24 May 2013 10:02:15 15,632 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I had a play on it over the weekend and, as a person who isnt that keen on lego games, its really good. Seems like something you could boot up to fart around with for five minutes without actually achieving anything.
    Are you feeling alright?
  • nickthegun 24 May 2013 10:12:43 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Calls 'em as I sees 'em, neil.

He totally called it

• neilka 24 May 2013 10:17:50 15,632 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A good, reasonable attitude.
  • nickthegun 24 May 2013 10:19:49 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Im a good, reasonable guy.

He totally called it

• macmurphy 24 May 2013 11:18:51 999 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago

Just so Ecosse isn't on his own.
  • Frogofdoom 24 May 2013 11:41:37 868 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    dont care what anyone says, that gif is brilliant :D
  • Pinky_Floyd 24 May 2013 21:54:56 7,369 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I played with my Wii U today.
  • CharlieStCloud 25 May 2013 09:00:02 5,042 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yet another DOOM AND GLOOM article on the front page.

... which I personally think is slightly pointless and too early.

Why?

Well, E3 is soon approaching, the interest in the Wii U (after the poor Xbox TV TV TV showing) has gone up a little bit and the fact that Nintendo may knock out a Wii U bundle with Mario Kart or 3D Mario for £199 for Christmas. Plenty of variables to keep them in the 'console race' at present.

Hmm, whatever gets them the hits I suppose.

p.s. Nintendo Life is my favourite website of the month.

The comments within the articles about Xbox One are verging on being truly unbelievable to the point that you do not know whether to laugh or worry about how serious some of the folks on there are being.
  • ManicDrunkMonk 25 May 2013 09:14:53 505 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Yet another DOOM AND GLOOM article on the front page.

... which I personally think is slightly pointless and too early.

Why?

Well, E3 is soon approaching, the interest in the Wii U (after the poor Xbox TV TV TV showing) has gone up a little bit and the fact that Nintendo may knock out a Wii U bundle with Mario Kart or 3D Mario for £199 for Christmas. Plenty of variables to keep them in the 'console race' at present.

Hmm, whatever gets them the hits I suppose.

p.s. Nintendo Life is my favourite website of the month.

The comments within the articles about Xbox One are verging on being truly unbelievable to the point that you do not know whether to laugh or worry about how serious some of the folks on there are being.
    Erm... A lot of what you just said is in the content of the article on the front page. It's also not exactly a doom and gloom article.
  • Bremenacht 25 May 2013 09:25:43 17,600 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thought it was OK. Kinda highlighted that Nintendo could also do with owning/controlling a fresh, top-draw western developer to complement their Japanese output. A Bungie or RARE equivalent.
  • Raiko101 25 May 2013 10:39:34 6,055 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's a shame that perhaps all this could have been fixed had Nintendo made the console as powerful as the other two and stuck with a traditional controller. Would have been quite boring, but more folk would own one right now and 3rd parties would be all over it.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• WinterSnowblind 25 May 2013 11:02:22 1,224 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nintendo will be fine in the long run, but it's sad to see them make pretty much exactly the same mistakes they did with the 3DS, which is only now really picking up traction. They tried to rely on third party games for their launch line up and admittedly, they did have a rather impressive list.. of games everyone had played the year before on other systems.

I honestly think the Wii was the right direction for Nintendo. Release a cheap system, with a collection of strong first party titles and whatever third party devs want to bring to it. Trying to compete with Sony and MS seems pointless when they're adamant about not competing in the vital aspects.

E3 is the perfect chance for them to show the Wii U is a better purchase than an expensive new system that will (probably) have few games at launch, but they have to really hit it out of the park with their new games. Lowering the premium pack to £200 would also help a lot, that seems to be the sweet spot, judging by the recent Amazon sale.
  • Sid-Nice 25 May 2013 13:40:59 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Wii U, Wii U, Wii U, article on the front page is just a distraction from the Xbone doom and gloom. I said it before and I’ll say it again “I don’t think the next generation consoles will sell half as many as this generation.” There is still a good few years left in the PS3 and Xbox 360 and unless EA, Microsoft and Sony somehow implement an activation code on these formats; then I for 1 will use the Wii U for Nintendo exclusives and the PS3/Xbox 360 for multiplatform mainstream titles.

I do think that the PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360 will follow suite with the activation code system; as why would EA drop their Online Pass if they’re not going to receive royalties from the PS3/Xbox 360 second hand games market, which has a potential 150 million customers.

Forget about all the bullshit excuses for not developing software on the Wii U; the truth behind the real reason to omit the Nintendo console came to light during the Xbox One reveal. Personally I think the Xbone is an excellent piece of kit; I would buy the console at a drop of a hat, if it wasn’t for the direction Microsoft and games industry is moving.

I’ve gone all Kevin Keegan but “I would love it if Nintendo beat them” just imagine if the next gen is a total flop and in 10 years’ time people say “I’m not buying an Xbox Two as I was boned by the Xbox One.” E3 will be “TV, Buzzword, Television, Xbox One, TV, Buzzword” I certainly won’t be sold by Microsoft’s bullshit; even if they do a U-turn.

If Sony makes a pig’s ear of the PS4 E3 conference then the Wii U could be in pole position around Christmas time with a 5 million head start.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Page

of 1345 First / Last