Wii U Page 678

• Page

of 1363 First / Last

• Raiko101 19 May 2013 00:29:10 6,318 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's something i've just been doing for half an hour each night, before bed. That reminds me. I should be asleep already.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• oconnomiyaki 19 May 2013 00:45:36 245 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Some recent bits of this thread remind me of Monty Python's parrot sketch.
  • Sid-Nice 19 May 2013 01:20:39 15,851 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A Kiwi talking about parrots; next you'll be saying "The Wii U is a dodo."

NNID Sid-Nice

• specialgamer 19 May 2013 07:16:18 129 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    EA Sports Developer Calls Wii U 'Crap' and Nintendo 'Walking Dead' - Nice! :/
    http://kotaku.com/ea-sports-developer-calls-wii-u-crap-and-nintendo-wa-508481261
  • SpaceDave3000 19 May 2013 07:24:05 78,223 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The wiiu was DOA, but EA keeping it classy isn't something that's ever going to happen. Nintendo aren't really in a great deal of trouble though, they're still in a fuck sight better financial position that EA has ever been.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• oconnomiyaki 19 May 2013 08:56:19 245 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    A Kiwi talking about parrots; next you'll be saying "The Wii U is a dodo."
    I think you mean moa. And I doubt the Wii U is in danger of extinction from excess consumption. ;)
  • Mola_Ram 19 May 2013 09:05:54 7,415 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    specialgamer wrote:
    EA Sports Developer Calls Wii U 'Crap' and Nintendo 'Walking Dead' - Nice! :/
    http://kotaku.com/ea-sports-developer-calls-wii-u-crap-and-nintendo-wa-508481261
    ...why on earth would he say something like that? Way to burn your bridges.
  • Mr-Brett 19 May 2013 10:02:28 12,805 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He isn't an EA spokesman, just a dude working for EA. As usual it's the tabloid game press blowing things out of proportion.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Cappy 19 May 2013 10:03:49 11,943 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    It won’t be plain sailing for the next generation consoles either; many of the multimedia application that were once (USP) are now available through Smart TV. The big bomb at E3 this year will be when Microsoft and EA come on stage and announce “Our games will be exclusive to the Xbox brand and PC only; we will continue to support the PS3 but not the PS4 and Vita.”

Bad news for FAN; leaked documentation from Sega states “Shenmue 1 & 2 HD remake exclusive to the Wii U.”
    The loss of your leader is hitting you guys hard it seems. Are you just making things up now?

For instance, Shenmue 1 & 2 HD remake bring an exclusive would be a pretty impressive trick it already came out on the PS3 last year.
  • Mola_Ram 19 May 2013 10:09:59 7,415 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    It won’t be plain sailing for the next generation consoles either; many of the multimedia application that were once (USP) are now available through Smart TV. The big bomb at E3 this year will be when Microsoft and EA come on stage and announce “Our games will be exclusive to the Xbox brand and PC only; we will continue to support the PS3 but not the PS4 and Vita.”

Bad news for FAN; leaked documentation from Sega states “Shenmue 1 & 2 HD remake exclusive to the Wii U.”
    The loss of your leader is hitting you guys hard it seems. Are you just making things up now?

For instance, Shenmue 1 & 2 HD remake bring an exclusive would be a pretty impressive trick it already came out on the PS3 last year.
    ...it did? Every website I've looked at says TBA.
  • spazmo 19 May 2013 10:18:06 2,778 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shenmue 1 & 2 HD were due on PSN and Xbox live over a year ago. Now it's coming exclusively to Wii U. Will be revealed at E3 along with Shenmue 3.

And you thought there were tears over Bayonetta 2?

(maybe)
  • Cappy 19 May 2013 10:20:54 11,943 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whoops! Sorry! Got it mixed up with Yakuza 1&2 which was just confirmed for Japan.
  • Mola_Ram 19 May 2013 10:23:40 7,415 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Whoops! Sorry! Got it mixed up with Yakuza 1&2 which was just confirmed for Japan.
    Might be better to get your own facts right if you're going to accuse people of making stuff up. ;p
  • Progguitarist 19 May 2013 11:53:35 10,444 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @spazmo Is this true?
  • Cappy 19 May 2013 12:07:51 11,943 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    Might be better to get your own facts right if you're going to accuse people of making stuff up. ;p
    In what way is spreading a rumour that EA is going to drop the PS4 before it's even launched not obviously making things up?

All of this rhetoric comes from the same mindset; If Wii U fails. I want to see everybody else fail. If Wii U fails the least, it's winning! If Wii U loses support it would really comfort me to believe other platforms are getting the boot too.

Edited by Cappy at 12:08:06 19-05-2013
  • jimlufc 19 May 2013 12:46:03 118 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So, at risk of talking about the system and not sound like some financial analyst, I'm still contemplating buying one of these things.

The main thing that intrigues me at the moment is off TV play. In my house, I don't really get to dominate the TV for long periods and I tend to not bother booting the Xbox up for a short go. I have recently however been using my 3ds quite a bit because I just open the lid and can immediately carry on from where I left off. I also use it in bed.

So is this possible with the WiiU? And do you guys find it works consistently well one floor up?
  • kalel 19 May 2013 12:50:23 87,775 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's possible yes, although somewhat moot in the absence of games.
  • Frogofdoom 19 May 2013 13:15:19 888 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    As far as i know there is no auto resume feature as i havent seen it (or looked for it tbh).

As for working upstairs my lounge is open plan to the stairs and the house isnt very big so it works fine in both bedrooms. It used to be a bit suspect in one of them but thats because it was positioned in the middle of a heavy wood tv unit, now its on top its fine.
  • Sid-Nice 19 May 2013 13:36:39 15,851 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jimlufc wrote:
    So, at risk of talking about the system and not sound like some financial analyst, I'm still contemplating buying one of these things.

The main thing that intrigues me at the moment is off TV play. In my house, I don't really get to dominate the TV for long periods and I tend to not bother booting the Xbox up for a short go. I have recently however been using my 3ds quite a bit because I just open the lid and can immediately carry on from where I left off. I also use it in bed.

So is this possible with the WiiU? And do you guys find it works consistently well one floor up?
    It depends on the structure of your house; thickness of floors, ceilings etc. I have a steel H-bar running through my ceiling and if I stand over that I lose connection; other than that the Wii U Off-TV mode works throughout the house.

NNID Sid-Nice

• DFawkes 19 May 2013 15:37:29 22,987 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's certainly one of my favourite features of the system. Being able to pick up the pad and play whatever game it is without needing the TV can come in very handy. It certainly sounds as if it'll be useful to you. One floor up should be fine, though much like Sid there's a concrete beam in my room that can cut the connection. No guarantees though.

It's probably worth noting that it's mostly older multi-format stuff though. Most games support it, but you'll have a relatively small pool of games to chose from (25, give or take a few). So I'd advise that you check out what's on offer, and whether they even support Off TV Play. Most do, with some notable exceptions such as Lego City Undercover and ZombiU.

So put a bit of research in and make an informed decision, jimlufc :) If you already have a 3DS, maybe just buying a few games for that would be worth considering. Some great stuff out for that.

Edited by DFawkes at 15:37:40 19-05-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• malloc 19 May 2013 18:21:03 2,347 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    For me the Wii U simply hasn't got going yet instead of having run out of steam. Arguably after the success of the Wii people were expecting an explosion and at best it's going to be a slow burn. That said a slow burn is often better and more conducive to a longer life and more games.

Here's hoping. I do want the console race to be a three horse race and Nintendo to get a rude awakening so that they pull their socks up and up their game and do what we all hope they can.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 19 May 2013 18:25:02 38,283 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• DFawkes 19 May 2013 18:37:00 22,987 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Miiverse can be great for a laugh sometimes. The number of people getting stuck on Metroid's Noob Bridge is good for a giggle :)

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Raiko101 19 May 2013 18:44:29 6,318 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    'y can't Metroid crawl' seems to be the most recycled joke on Miiverse at the minute. Is it just Miiverse or are gamers becoming increasingly impatient with games? By the end of World 2 on Super Mario World you should realise that the red-dotted levels have two exits. From that you should be able to figure out which levels need to be completed again to get out of World 5.

• Kid_Icarus 19 May 2013 18:51:28 555 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To be fair, I got stuck on that bit of Super Mario World when I was a kid and I'm not a retard. Honest.
  • Raiko101 19 May 2013 18:59:40 6,318 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I got stuck, but really only on the platforming itself.

In other news, Nintendo have just given me a fiver for the eShop! Hurrah.

• Deleted user 19 May 2013 19:32:29
    The problem isn't getting stuck, it's getting stuck and then giving up or hunting for a guide the very second it happens. I remember older games, especially point and clicks, where I would spend literally hours trying to figure out what to do next. Nowadays if progress isn't made every few seconds (preferably in the form of an achievement) then it goes in the bin.
  • Daryoon 19 May 2013 19:42:26 4,631 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    When you got stuck as a kid, you could either
    a) ask your mates
    b) read a magazine guide
    c) keep trying
    d) CALL THE NINTEND HOTLINE!

I think people these days are just more ADHD in general.
  • mal 19 May 2013 20:08:03 22,583 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I just don't have the time to piss about for ages trying to figure out a puzzle once I've stopped enjoying it these days. Thankfully, these days we have gamefaqs.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Page

of 1363 First / Last