Wii U Page 642

• Page

of 1410 First / Last

• DFawkes 14 May 2013 19:09:54 24,050 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't suppose anyone knows the release date of Deus Ex HR? I've pre-ordered it at Shopto but I've no idea when it'll actually come out. Yeah, I know I could buy it for consoles I don't own but that's of little use to me ;)

Not that I'm in a real hurry of course. Just wondering if anyone read another site that had more info.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• LeoliansBro 14 May 2013 19:10:57 44,956 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't say 'bum chums' like that ecosse, it's xenophobic.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Armoured_Bear 14 May 2013 19:11:15 11,895 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    I don't suppose anyone knows the release date of Deus Ex HR? I've pre-ordered it at Shopto but I've no idea when it'll actually come out. Yeah, I know I could buy it for consoles I don't own but that's of little use to me ;)

Not that I'm in a real hurry of course. Just wondering if anyone read another site that had more info.
    I don't think it's been announced yet.
    July/August at a guess.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deleted user 14 May 2013 19:13:31
    @addyb For me Donkey Kong is the system seller i will part cash with to get a wii u. Saying that if Nintendo have a good e3, with pikmin 3 and Rayman i be willing to part with the cash.

I'd like to see some of the DS library given a go on the big screen with the pad. I think advanced wars would be great. I like to see Pang given a e-shop remake as well.
  • Aretak 14 May 2013 19:23:35 10,376 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    Mystical Ninja - Is this a Konami game? I'd like another anyway! :)
    Goemon is a Konami thing, yeah. Wouldn't hold your breath on that one, sadly. The series is dead even in Japan, with the last release being a DS game in 2005, and the last one released outside of Japan was 14 years ago on the N64.
  • Raiko101 14 May 2013 19:26:02 6,708 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    An F-Zero is long overdue. There might not be much else you can do with the game, but online play would be amazing. A new Metroid would be great too, but i'd like to see something other than a new Prime game. I love those games, but again, there isn't much more they can do with that style of gameplay. I thought Metroid: Other M was more interesting, mechanically, if let down by some uneccessary and uninteresting story. It also came quite close to dipping into the horror genre at one point, which would have been amazing.

Besides that, i'm ok with seeing what shows up. It looks like i'll be getting my Monster Hunter and Animal Crossing fix from the 3DS, as they both seem to be better suited to portable gaming.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Tekkirai 14 May 2013 19:26:16 104 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @addyb Goemon is from Konami, yeah. The first N64 one was awesome, so I wouldn't mind seeing a new one either.

What I'd like to see is a Zelda with full voice acting (Link can be a mute still, I don't care), a fully orchestrated soundtrack, character designs that don't look like One Piece rejects, meaningful exploration, less puzzles, more combat and an actual evolution of said combat (because it's been the same since the N64)....I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but holy shit I just want this franchise to move the fuck forward and not be so disappointingly goddamn stuck in the past.

Outside that not so properly formulated rant (not a native English speaker, sorry), I'd also like to see a real Star Fox game. No on foot sections, no adventuring with blue boobed foxes, no weird shit, just Star Fox like it was meant to be.

Also, an actually new IP that's interesting for the "core". Just one will do. I'm not crazy enough to ask for more, please at least just one.
  • addyb 14 May 2013 19:31:29 1,296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Aretak

Yeah its more due to my fond memories of the SNES version. Its the only one I've played.

I'd like U.N Squadron on the VC as well.
    Rock n Roll racing or something similar on the eshop would be nice.

Edited by addyb at 19:32:08 14-05-2013
  • Ryze 14 May 2013 19:34:11 3,148 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @vizzini

Oh No! Vizzini's here and I'm replying to him!

I reckon they thought that Mario U and the list of old ports would be enough to cover all the bases and buy them time to get other games out.

I reckon they thought that that'd be enough, and that perhaps those games would have as long a tail as Nintendo's games do. In reality, the people who are buying Batman Arkham City from Nov 2012 are probably buying a preowned 360/PS3 version for a console that's already under their TV, or upgrading to a 1080p/60 version for cheap via Steam on a souped up PC.

Rather than a long tail, Nintendo were hardly getting scraps considering the £300+£50 full-price barrier to acquiring the console and any of those games at launch. None of the launch games that I saw really had enough pull to keep people coming. They had already blown their load.

I worry about the Deus Ex port as well, as I grabbed the PC version of Steam for peanuts last summer, and I haven't even loaded it up yet. Not sure who they think is going to buy it at this stage.

They would have been better off pushing for a few HD remakes of classic games, along with more 'day and date' ports. Well - that's how I see it. It's probably a minefield of costs, contracts and clauses getting many of the best games ported to your new console. I'd be interested to read up on what's happening behind the scenes.

We'll hopefully find out in the future.
  • scoobysi 14 May 2013 19:37:11 1,028 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    F-Zero, absolutely.

Metroid, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, 1080, Waverace, Viewtiful Joe (maybe W101 covers this).

I'd also love some old Sega IPs such as Outrun, JSR, Daytona etc.
  • Pinky_Floyd 14 May 2013 19:41:47 8,341 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    I was going to ask for some wii u friends but didn't want to get put against the wall and shot :D
    Add me if you like mate. My fellow avf'r ;)

Sh00ter_Mcgavin
    Added.  I am PinkyFloyd
  • midi82 14 May 2013 19:44:14 690 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Pinky_Floyd Check out this thread - Wii U NNID thread it's full of NNID's I think there's a list somewhere near the start.

it's midi82 if you want to add me
  • Sid-Nice 14 May 2013 19:54:30 15,851 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I fucking love this thread. :)

NNID Sid-Nice

• JiveHound 14 May 2013 20:12:34 2,724 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It loves you too.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Pinky_Floyd 14 May 2013 20:14:36 8,341 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @midi82

Thanks!  Will add you later.  Currently about to nerd out on a rare night out at the flicks to see star trek.
  • Bremenacht 14 May 2013 22:42:00 19,663 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    I fucking love this thread. :)
    I love it too. I've lolled so much in the past 20 minutes catching up. It really is the funniest thread in the forum, even if poor ecosse gets so much abuse. Salt! Hahahahahhaha! He suffers it gamely.
  • Bremenacht 14 May 2013 22:42:39 19,663 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Suffers from the abuse I mean, rather than from salt.
  • figaro7 14 May 2013 22:50:01 1,385 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The only 2 games i want to see that are overdue are starfox and f-zero, the franchises would be insane in full HD. 30 players f zero online would be tough to achieve but how good would it be and starfox is a frnachise that begs for expansion.
  • nickthegun 14 May 2013 22:50:22 61,305 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Salt would make him fizz

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Armoured_Bear 14 May 2013 22:53:23 11,895 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    javvyman wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    addyb wrote:
    Its a shame this thread is just full of insults. I originally started to venture in to discuss the positives and negatives of all things Wii U but every day i check its just the same old posts. Shame really. Oh and forgive me as I'm not aware of the whole armoured bear/ecosse hatred thing. I don't think I was an active member when this kicked off.
    It's a pathetic, creepy cliquey little fuckbuddy club that "hates me", they get awfully obsessed, it's almost endearing. They like to gang up on people they dislike, it makes them feel like internet big men.
    Bless.
    I find you mostly harmless myself, you can make some good points, but saying shit like that is probably the reason you get on so many people's nerves.

It's almost like you want to be hated
    It's exactly the situation and has been like that for years, simple as that.

• nickthegun 14 May 2013 22:56:06 61,305 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So you're saying that you do want people to hate you?

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Bremenacht 14 May 2013 22:58:46 19,663 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Look, it could be that I'm wrong and Nintendo will make good on their slow start here. I'm just taking a step back and looking at the WiiU as a business venture. Put this in another sector and it feels like a product launch failure. Assuming Nintendo act like any other corporate they will seek to curb their losses while protecting their brand and reputation.

I'll say it again: I could be wrong. But everything I've seen so far suggests this to me. The games that we've seen are the ones which would have been largely complete by the time the decision to cut it loose was made. The partially developed games have been delayed as resource was allocated elsewhere. The games they hadn't started were left unstarted and put behind vague promises while a solution is sought.
    They're Nintendo! That's why their fans delude themselves so often, to make up for what Nintendo fails to do at least 90% of the time: live up to their reputation. That 10% seems to make up for everything else. They do not operate like any other entertainment company I can think of. Possibly because of all that cash. They will not go software-only unless they run out of cash. It's their corporate culture to act the way they do.*

The evidence that Nintendo aren't done for is in the form of the Wii and the 3DS.

The Wii succeeded on the back of a promise: amazing motion control. Playing tennis! Playing baseball! Playing Golf! The reality was that the motion control was a bit crap, but that didn't matter - the seed was planted and news coverage, word of mouth and the promise of family entertainment (as opposed to Halo/CoD lonesome spotty yoof fodder) did the rest. Nintendo didn't have to do anything to promote it really. They just jumped on the newsmedia bandwagon. They didn't promote it any better than they did with the Wii U really, but the Wii U didn't promise anything new. Wii Sports aside, their big launch title was a Gamecube port. It took a year for Mario Galaxy to turn up, which was pedigree Nintendo. Something from that 10% I mentioned.

Many others have referred to the 3DS so I won't go on about that. You get the picture: terrible start, price cuts come later, as does XL and then finally games.

How such an apparently terribly-run company succeeds beats me.

LeoliansBro wrote:
    Where the resource has gone and what the solution is will be the big reveal of E3. I hope so at least, any more placeholder announcements and Nintendo are shot as a console maker.
    There'll be no big reveals and no bombs, unless a bit of new Mario footage or a lot of Pikmin3 gameplay is your bomb. They might get shot in this thread -over the course of another 10 pages of lol- but not as a console maker.

*Seems to be Nintendo shareholder culture not to worry about it either. Not so different from western shareholders really, up until recent years.

Edited by Bremenacht at 23:09:16 14-05-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 14 May 2013 23:01:03 11,895 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    So in an attempt to stem the flow of abuse.

We all know an MK, 3D Mario, Zelda will arrive at some point. What else would everyone fancy. Maybe an old IP or a twist on an existing one?

Me personally?

F-Zero - This bypassed the Wii and GX was excellent imo

Mystical Ninja - Is this a Konami game? I'd like another anyway! :)

Ermmmm come on help me guys I've just posted this on the fly via my phone and my minds gone blank. Lol
    There's nothing I want more from the platform that a new Metroid game from Retro with the same strengths as Metroid Prime.
    I'd love to see actual new IP, it's ridiculous that there hasn't been anything major (Casual stuff aside) since Pikmin.
    I'd actually like Miyamoto to be booted from his overseer role and be given a few small teams to run for download only stuff, see what the old duffer has left.
    I'd like to see one of the stagnant IPs given a proper reboot, such as StarFox, Star Tropics
    I'd like to see a proper, non Paper Mario JRPG
    I'd like to see a fully blown Pokemon console RPG

• Bremenacht 14 May 2013 23:07:12 19,663 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I'd actually like Miyamoto to be booted from his overseer role and be given a few small teams to run for download only stuff, see what the old duffer has left.
    Yeah. I'd very much like that.
  • Tekkirai 14 May 2013 23:13:42 104 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I'd like to see a fully blown Pokemon console RPG
    People have been wanting that one since the N64 era. Why oh why this multi million selling phenomenon of a game series has never gotten a triple A home console RPG is just beyond retardation.

And no, Pokémon Colosseum wasn't a triple A RPG. But hey, Japanese gaming companies and missed chances are a happy marriage it seems.
  • Deleted user 14 May 2013 23:18:26
    @Ryze

I think the biggest mistake Nintendo have made for wii u is in failing to buy time to develop new games with enhancement for people to play through the great wii catalogue.

Wii mode should be seamless to launch selectively patched games(like Skyward sword, mario galaxy) direct from Wii U mode and provide HD upscaling, the ability to play with pad controls for the WiiU gamepad, exclusively on the gamepad, and even cache the disc to storage for reduced noise and loading times. I'm still really enjoying my first play through of skyward sword on the console, but wii mode is quite terrible. You can't get it to use a different full pixel mode, or even set full pixel mode setting without returning to wiiu mode, so I always see two green lines and black borders when in wii mode, and even the wiimote's sensitivity can only be adjusted in wiiu mode, which is very inconvenient when trying to set it based on room lighting and the for different wii games.

I suspect Nintendo already have a few AAA titles and virtual console games that are already finished(90% polished) and they are just waiting for more console units sales that will come when they can afford to drop the price. The Nintendo Direct that is coming soon will certainly tell us whether the WiiU will have any fresh momentum for the coming Christmas.
  • Deleted user 14 May 2013 23:19:43
    nickthegun wrote:
    So you're saying that you do want people to hate you?
    I've told you already, stop with this nonsense. Show your maturity and let the negativity go.
  • addyb 14 May 2013 23:27:39 1,296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah I do appreciate the BC but Wii mode is a bit annoying. Saying that I've only used it a few times so far. I've played Mario galaxy, Streets of Rage 2 and Super Castlevania a few times. :)
  • Bremenacht 14 May 2013 23:34:52 19,663 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    I suspect Nintendo already have a few AAA titles and virtual console games that are already finished(90% polished) and they are just waiting for more console units sales that will come when they can afford to drop the price.
    They are holding back AAA games until after the inevitable price cut which is a result of poor sales due to lack of AAA games?!
  • richardiox 14 May 2013 23:44:01 5,734 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Classic vizzini, clueless fuckwit "Nintendo are deliberately holding back finished AAA software", "There's no possible way the PS4 wont use cell", "the best pc for gaming is a £2500 workstation", "next gen engines will be voxel based "

A casual observer would assume he has to be a sock which I still think he may be. Nobody can be so consistently wrong about so much and yet speak with such condescending authority. It's incredible.
  • Page

of 1410 First / Last