Wii U Page 632

• Page

of 1371 First / Last

• Cappy 11 May 2013 08:23:06 12,034 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    With a few more firmware updates the Wii U will be ready to pull it's surprise super move and outperform the PS4 and the next Xbox!

It's like a Placebo effect, we've already seen it a few times with various patches and firmware updates, some people believe they make improvements whilst in reality performance is the same as it was before.

There is one improvement Nintendo could make that would help with future releases, Sony did it with the PS3, reduce the OS footprint. The Wii U OS uses a lot of RAM, i'm uncertain why it needs so much, but if it was possible, freeing up RAM for games would be beneficial.
  • CharlieStCloud 11 May 2013 13:05:02 5,315 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh Nintendo Life, you do amuse me.

Read the article then read the comments.

One guy says this:

Uncharted series (seriously!)? Infamous? The Team ICO games? The Quantic Dream games? PSN exclusives like Journey? GT series? Think of upcoming games, The Last of Us, The Last Guardian, Beyond... Sony have become a powerhouse for exclusives.
    ... and another unbiased Nintendo fan says this:

All the games you mentioned, absolute GARBAGE.
    I only have to spend ten seconds on there to have a good chuckle to myself.

: )
  • Deleted user 11 May 2013 13:49:00
    Nintendo Life is like the Daily Mail site. Always good when you've exhausted your bookmark bar and fancy a laugh.
  • Tekkirai 11 May 2013 13:50:04 104 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sony does lack true iconic characters though. That's their biggest issue I think. All the icons of the past came through 3rd parties pretty much, which on one hand is an achievement to be proud of, but it doesn't serve them well when they really need to push their hardware like with the Vita.
  • Cappy 11 May 2013 14:03:23 12,034 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't want iconic characters, I'd rather have interesting games than hopping around cramped little levels collecting the same old knick knacks in a game that features an 'iconic' character as a crutch.

I've never visited Nintendo Life, through association there's a severe whiff about the site and I suspect visiting makes you part of the Operation Yew Tree investigation.
  • JinTypeNoir 11 May 2013 14:19:01 4,392 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nintendo and Sony both making interesting games. If you're so far gone that you can't admit that either of them publish lots of good stuff then you're probably some ultra-picky titmunch nobody should give the time of day to in the first place.

Nintendo Life is really only useful to get some information on super obscure digital releases that no other site covers, and only information, because reading for the opinion is subjecting yourself to writing that is rotating-skull, Geocities-late-90s personal-website level bad. VG247 and Gamesindustry are just as bad though, so I'm no sure why Eurogamer wants to associate with them like they would Rock, Paper, Shotgun which is on a whole nother stratosphere of quality compared to them.
  • Widge Moderator 11 May 2013 14:33:07 13,710 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tekkirai wrote:
    Sony does lack true iconic characters though. That's their biggest issue I think. All the icons of the past came through 3rd parties pretty much, which on one hand is an achievement to be proud of, but it doesn't serve them well when they really need to push their hardware like with the Vita.
    All true (bar exceptions like Sackboy). I did notice this generation that Sony noticed early on that the old crutch of 3rd party support wasn't going to cut it and they spent a shit load of effort putting unique titles out.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Pinky_Floyd 11 May 2013 14:59:45 8,067 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just totting up my spend so far:

Wii u basic: 150
    Pro pad: 32
    New super mario bros u: 35
    Zombi u: 28
    Monster Hunter: 31

Total is 277

I definitely think that's value for money. Even if no games worth buying are out for 6 months, my pc, 360 and ps3 will more than keep me occupied (let alone having 3 young kids).
  • Armoured_Bear 11 May 2013 15:20:50 11,392 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Oh Nintendo Life, you do amuse me.

Read the article then read the comments.

One guy says this:

Uncharted series (seriously!)? Infamous? The Team ICO games? The Quantic Dream games? PSN exclusives like Journey? GT series? Think of upcoming games, The Last of Us, The Last Guardian, Beyond... Sony have become a powerhouse for exclusives.
    ... and another unbiased Nintendo fan says this:

All the games you mentioned, absolute GARBAGE.
    I only have to spend ten seconds on there to have a good chuckle to myself.

: )
    That's beautiful fanboyism :-)

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• sega 11 May 2013 15:29:30 908 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nintendolife is a terrible site, but I think it's more down to the comments on there and the moderation team, rather than the writers, who actually seem to be kind of critical about things. I do visit the site on occasion and they often have news most other sites don't bother reporting on (i.e. Wii Virtual Console) but if you venture to the comments section it's almost unreadable.

The moderation team seems to censor absolutely everything. I've seen more critical posts on there, such as you'd get on here, that seem to have disappeared on your next view. When discussions get a little heated or start to branch out a bit, they're moderated again and told to stay on topic. Sometimes I'm not even sure if we're just seeing posts from blind Nintendo fans, or if the critical and more rational posts are just being censored out. Must be like posting under a dictatorship over there.
  • Mola_Ram 11 May 2013 15:40:19 7,759 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You could cherry-pick comments from just about any gaming site around and find something worthy of lols. Particularly official sites. It's fun to laugh at, but I don't think it's representative of any significant number of people.
  • Progguitarist 11 May 2013 15:41:30 10,486 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All the guy said was he thought the Wii U was more akin to current gen (which it is) and all of sudden he's a Nintendo hater.

Mentalists.
  • Deleted user 12 May 2013 01:00:12
    Progguitarist wrote:
    All the guy said was he thought the Wii U was more akin to current gen (which it is) and all of sudden he's a Nintendo hater.

Mentalists.
    Well if the 720 specs turn out to be just 1.24teraflops as rumoured, then I hope for consistency you'll agree the 720 is last gen too. The difference in usable performance in the hands of Microsoft and Nintendo will equate to about the same in visuals, maybe even putting the WiiU ahead by Nintendo's ability to balance art to get a better cohesive image and frame-rate with less resources.
  • richardiox 12 May 2013 01:19:43 5,666 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vizzini lol worthy as ever.

Edited by richardiox at 01:19:58 12-05-2013
  • Deleted user 12 May 2013 01:43:57
    @richardiox

At least grace the thread with a full sentence to explain your opinion if you actually disagree.
    Do you believe the "target renders" for the 720 rumoured specs will contain significantly more visual fidelity than the link below? I don't.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-07-nintendo-demos-zelda-on-wii-u

The rumoured 720 specs and the WiiU contain similar asymmetric EDRAM hardware designs and Nintendo's IPs will do fine with less RAM and ample GPU performance imo.
  • Bremenacht 12 May 2013 02:08:29 18,761 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Spot on as usual. The 720 will therefore be slightly worse than a 360, or on par at best. Makes sense really.
  • RyanDS 12 May 2013 17:21:20 9,600 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Saw Game were offering 195 trade for the premium today. I had another look at the release schedule and went fuck it, traded it in for a 3ds XL that at least has games.

On the plus side if Nintendo decide to to a 3ds and actually bother to release a game I can rebuy at a later date for 150.
  • Sid-Nice 12 May 2013 19:04:15 15,852 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Saw Game were offering 195 trade for the premium today. I had another look at the release schedule and went fuck it, traded it in for a 3ds XL that at least has games.

On the plus side if Nintendo decide to to a 3ds and actually bother to release a game I can rebuy at a later date for 150.
    At least you're still supporting Nintendo with your decision.

I'm still happy with my purchase; I played a lot of NSMBU early on and then moved on to Zen Pinball, followed by Lego City. I've recently bought Toki Tori 2 and Runner 2 with the latter taking up most of my gaming time along with the Rayman Legends Challenges App.

I have 7 physical games and 6 downloadable games I bought from the eShop and access to 3 other titles that my son bought. If there was more software available (which may have only altered my decision on choice of purchase) I would have struggled financially to buy more games.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Raiko101 12 May 2013 19:31:43 6,458 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's all down to taste though. Not everyone has been fortunate enough to actually want or enjoy that many Wii U games. I've got 7 retail games, 3 eShop titles and 5 VC games. As long as we don't get delays to the currently thin release schedule, I probably wont suffer a drought of games.

It probably helps that I own a 3DS too, though. That thing consumes most of my gaming time anyway.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• nickthegun 12 May 2013 20:02:05 60,606 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:

This is why people think you guys are weird.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Bremenacht 12 May 2013 20:43:50 18,761 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
  • Pinky_Floyd 13 May 2013 14:13:03 8,067 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Grabbed a copy of Nintendo Land for 15 from CEX - so looks like I'm all set this evening as the Wii U has arrived and the wife is standing guard over it cos looking after 3 kids doesn't keep her anywhere near busy enough.

So a bit of multiplayer Mario Chase and New Super Mario Bros U is on the cards. Assuming I can get it connected to my wi-fi and updated. Yeah, I've been reading about that, sounds fun.
  • Red_Bool 13 May 2013 14:41:57 1,174 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Grabbed a copy of Nintendo Land for 15 from CEX - so looks like I'm all set this evening as the Wii U has arrived and the wife is standing guard over it cos looking after 3 kids doesn't keep her anywhere near busy enough.

So a bit of multiplayer Mario Chase and New Super Mario Bros U is on the cards. Assuming I can get it connected to my wi-fi and updated. Yeah, I've been reading about that, sounds fun.
    Wifi connection shouldn't be a problem. Regarding the updating: let's just say I'm happy I did that the evening before I showed the Wii U to my kids ;)
  • neilka 13 May 2013 14:47:59 16,317 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Please to be enjoying Wii U entertainment system in time for holidays 2013, user Pinky_Floyd!

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Sid-Nice 13 May 2013 14:52:01 15,852 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:

How is that comment weird?

NNID Sid-Nice

• CharlieStCloud 13 May 2013 14:55:06 5,315 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Why would you say 'at least you are still supporting Nintendo'?

... they are a business, not a family member!
  • Pinky_Floyd 13 May 2013 14:59:54 8,067 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Please to be enjoying Wii U entertainment system in time for holidays 2013, user Pinky_Floyd!
    I am excite!
  • Progguitarist 13 May 2013 15:06:45 10,486 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If your experience of Nintendo Land is anything like mine, prepare for crushing disappointment.

Absolutely shite.
  • nickthegun 13 May 2013 15:08:27 60,606 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:

How is that comment weird?
    How is it not weird? You are congratulating someone on their loyalty to a corporate entity.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Bremenacht 13 May 2013 15:10:15 18,761 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I support Kellogs by eating 'Start' most mornings.
  • Page

of 1371 First / Last