Wii U Page 629

• Page

of 1365 First / Last

• Deleted user 10 May 2013 14:29:18
    Nintendo's unique ability to piss off the people who can actually make the games being the main difference of course.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2013 14:29:33
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Q: Help! My Wii U has set on fire!

A: This is due to a 200% clock increase on the cpu. This is normal. Please look forward to fire engine coming to put fire out in six to 12 months time.
    We're very excited about the Fire Engine and will be allowing people direct access at our private press showing in 2 months' time, where selected members of the public will also be able to view a short demo of the Fire Engine in action at a distance of 100m through the letterbox of the Fire Station.
    THe fire engine will then disappear without trace.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2013 14:29:55
    What did ever happen to the heart rate monitor they were going to sell?
  • nickthegun 10 May 2013 14:30:32 60,143 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Early adopters do get screwed, yeah, but this is the biggest shafting since the iPhone launched.

I suppose the thing that the Wii U has going for it is that when/if it comes good, you wont have to buy a whole new console to experience it.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Bremenacht 10 May 2013 14:30:34 18,459 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There was no pulse.
  • Progguitarist 10 May 2013 14:30:46 10,450 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CPU speed has been "upgraded". Lego City still runs like shit.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2013 14:31:43
    nickthegun wrote:
    Early adopters do get screwed, yeah, but this is the biggest shafting since the iPhone launched.

I suppose the thing that the Wii U has going for it is that when/if it comes good, you wont have to buy a whole new console to experience it.
    You probably will though. New WiiU Pad with multitouch etc.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 May 2013 14:39:23 11,299 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    lol
    Sites actually reprinted that nonsense?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Armoured_Bear 10 May 2013 14:43:09 11,299 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:
    Hmm, after checking the Game trade in prices I'm seriously contemplating cutting my losses.

My enthusiasm for the hardware has been diminished by a severe lack of games I want to play.

I may return to it if it does a 3ds. For now I'll get the Nint magic from my 3ds xl.
    I'm going to buy a PS4 and the New Xbox at launch then trade them at CEX; I'll keep the profit I made and buy both consoles again when they have a decent games library.
    It's funny you bring these up when you consider they have more games announced for the than the WiiU does. Despite one not being out for a almost a year and the other not officially existing yet.
    Stop taking shite Mowgli.

• DFawkes 10 May 2013 14:45:50 23,048 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had a PC that'd let you overclock it from 1.4 GHz up to 3.6 GHz. Made it so unstable it'd crash within minutes, but you could do it. On a cold day it'd even get as far as actually booting to the desktop. I don't really have a point here, that uncited rumour on non-gaming site TVTropes is clearly complete bobbins.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Sid-Nice 10 May 2013 14:54:20 15,851 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

You probably will though. New WiiU Pad with multitouch etc.
    It would be a pain if Nintendo bring out a multi-Gamepad game and then release a new Gamepad with Haptic Technology. Still it would have been a better idea to launch a console with hardware closer to the next generation hardware; with a traditional controller (Pro-Controller) and brought out the Gamepad at a later date.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Raiko101 10 May 2013 14:57:23 6,341 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What advantages could multi-touch bring to the Gamepad?

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Sid-Nice 10 May 2013 14:58:48 15,851 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The clock on the Wii U has went slower since the system update; I was playing Runner 2 until 3:15 this morning and the clock on the Wii U said "3:11" when I closed the software.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Deleted user 10 May 2013 15:04:33
    Raiko101 wrote:
    Seriously? It would give devs significantly more to play with when designing games as opposed to what is basically an interactive info screen that it is now. It would also open up the WiiU to an entire world of games that have been stampeding the iPad/smartphones onto centre stage. Fucking hilarious that it wasn't included really.
  • ronuds 10 May 2013 15:04:41 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    How many people believe they'll turn it around?

List: Ecosse
    You can add me to that list - I'm not ashamed!

I mean, unless by "turn it around" you're talking Wii numbers. In that case, I'd like to be re-removed from the list.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2013 15:05:27
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:
    Hmm, after checking the Game trade in prices I'm seriously contemplating cutting my losses.

My enthusiasm for the hardware has been diminished by a severe lack of games I want to play.

I may return to it if it does a 3ds. For now I'll get the Nint magic from my 3ds xl.
    I'm going to buy a PS4 and the New Xbox at launch then trade them at CEX; I'll keep the profit I made and buy both consoles again when they have a decent games library.
    It's funny you bring these up when you consider they have more games announced for the than the WiiU does. Despite one not being out for a almost a year and the other not officially existing yet.
    I'm not though am I, as it is true.
  • DFawkes 10 May 2013 15:06:33 23,048 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    It's certainly open to opinion. I certainly can't think of anytime, during any game or application, that I've thought "You know it'd be great if I had to take both thumbs off of the sticks and buttons and prod the screen with them!". There's never really a requirement for it.

Plus I've always felt that screens like the Gamepad have a better feel for drawing on. I've used drawing apps on multi-touch tablets with a special stylus, but it never feels quite right to me. Again, just my opinion :)

Don't get me wrong, for devices where the touch screen is pretty much your only control method, multi-touch is definitely awesome. I just can't see it adding anything that'd help gameplay, unless anyone can think of anything in particular?

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Deleted user 10 May 2013 15:12:48
    What a daft thing to say Fawkes. Of course you've never used the WiiU Pad and felt that multitouch is needed, devs are forced to make do which is why you haven't been confronted with it. It is also the reason why a system based on a touch screen device has no games in a world where touch screen games have taken over.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 May 2013 15:18:00 11,299 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:

It isn't, you're talking shite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4#Games

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_games

Edited by Armoured_Bear at 15:19:37 10-05-2013

• DFawkes 10 May 2013 15:20:20 23,048 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It really wasn't a daft thing to say though Mowgli, as it's my opinion, you silly scamp :p

I'm genuinely asking for help thinking of a good, solid use for a mult-itouch screen that couldn't be done with buttons, sticks or motion sensing. Things I've used on multi-touch screens, such as twin sticks, pinching, stretching and 2 finger rotation can all be easily modified if need be, and even then they've generally felt like the compromise for a lack of buttons.

Any example would do. That's how conversations go - I offer an opinion and what it's based on, you offer a counterpoint, I can revise my opinion as necessary. I wouldn't alter it at this time as all you've really said is you hold a differing opinion. Which is of course great :)

We're allowed to have differing opinions on the subject as it's one of the things where there is no right or wrong, unlike something such as lack of software which is something with undeniably poor implications. I understand that you feel that a multi-touch screen would've given developers and designers more room to do something different. I just don't feel the same.

Edited by DFawkes at 15:25:55 10-05-2013

• Ziz0u 10 May 2013 15:23:12 8,394 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The PS4 games do look better on paper.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2013 15:24:24
    Lists please.
  • ronuds 10 May 2013 15:25:40 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    I understand that you feel that a multi-touch screen would've given developers and designers more room to do something different. I just don't feel the same.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2013 15:31:14
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:

Have you actually looked at what you linked to? Forgetting the fact that the PS4 list doesn't include all the EA games that the WiiU is missing out on, and the fact that the WiiU list includes games that are already out, it is a fucking awful list.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2013 15:32:49
    DFawkes wrote:
    It really wasn't a daft thing to say though Mowgli, as it's my opinion, you silly scamp :p

I'm genuinely asking for help thinking of a good, solid use for a mult-itouch screen that couldn't be done with buttons, sticks or motion sensing. Things I've used on multi-touch screens, such as twin sticks, pinching, stretching and 2 finger rotation can all be easily modified if need be, and even then they've generally felt like the compromise for a lack of buttons.

Any example would do. That's how conversations go - I offer an opinion and what it's based on, you offer a counterpoint, I can revise my opinion as necessary. I wouldn't alter it at this time as all you've really said is you hold a differing opinion. Which is of course great :)

We're allowed to have differing opinions on the subject as it's one of the things where there is no right or wrong, unlike something such as lack of software which is something with undeniably poor implications. I understand that you feel that a multi-touch screen would've given developers and designers more room to do something different. I just don't feel the same.
    This isn't something that comes down to opinion though. Which is why it is a daft thing to say. Multitouch gives devs more to play with when desiging games. Which means more games. This is a fact DFawkes, not open to opinion. You can say you are happy enough without it but you simply cannot deny it wouldn't be better for the console overall.
  • DFawkes 10 May 2013 15:36:30 23,048 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    This isn't something that comes down to opinion though.
    Yes it is :) Be as dismissive of me as you like, I don't mind. Don't automatically make me wrong just because you don't agree with me though.

• Sid-Nice 10 May 2013 15:38:17 15,851 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    How many people believe they'll turn it around?
    I don’t think Nintendo will turn things around with the Wii U; I predict a user base of around (25 million max) throughout a 5 year life cycle. The gaming industry and some of the gaming fraternity believe the poor response to the Wii U is justified due to the undeserved success of the Wii.

I feel the Wii U will have a good number of top quality first party titles and become a hub for the small software studio; other than that all I see is “Business as usual” where third party software support is concerned, well the Wii U is a Nintendo console after all.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Deleted user 10 May 2013 15:38:56
    /o\ My god man, I'm not being dismissive. We're not talking about your opinion on multitouch, we are talking about how added features gives devs more options.
  • imamazed 10 May 2013 15:43:33 5,706 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had a dream I saw a Wii U Basic for £84.99 on amazon, and I still wasn't interested (I've been having very mundane dreams recently).

In all seriousness, a massive price cut (say £90 for the basic, £130 for the premium) along with the announcement of Wii U Fit 3D 64 HD, Call of Duty: Mushroom Kingdom and The Jimmy Saville exeperience* would make it sell like hot cakes

*OK, those last two are kind of a joke
  • Armoured_Bear 10 May 2013 15:43:56 11,299 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:

Have you actually looked at what you linked to? Forgetting the fact that the PS4 list doesn't include all the EA games that the WiiU is missing out on, and the fact that the WiiU list includes games that are already out, it is a fucking awful list.
    It may be an awful list but you're still talking shite.

• Page

of 1365 First / Last