Wii U Page 625

• Page

of 1348 First / Last

• AcidSnake 9 May 2013 10:57:00 7,222 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @vizzini:
    Point is there's no information on 720, only speculation...Argue about English language and difference of words all you want but until any numbers are confirmed you're talking out of your ass...

Also, no-one gives half a shit about teraflops except you, so please just make a teraflop thread or something and post in there if you absolutely must...

This thread was hard enough to get through with all the trolling (back and forth) but occasionally worth a chuckle whereas when you post it's just depressing...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Widge Moderator 9 May 2013 11:02:27 13,268 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Teraflops got brought into the 360 vs. PS3 argument many moons ago. The real world concern is that the developers cannot get or are unwilling to invest to get performance out of a machine.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Malignant 9 May 2013 11:07:34 84 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I bought the basic pack from ASDA last week and it arrived on Tuesday. I've only just got round to setting it up and downloading the latest system update. I'm liking it so far.

I've just checked online and ASDA have completely sold out, whilst Amazon have increased their price for the basic pack to 234.98 :eek:
  • JiveHound 9 May 2013 11:08:16 2,346 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Nintendo chasing the indys could prove prolific.

There has been concerns of the AAA industry leaving a lot of developers behind and it's obvious that the industry really needs to diversify to keep up growth. Nintendo seem to be positioning the WiiU in a place where people can make games on a smaller budget yet still be a substantial experience so as not to compete with the casual IOS style games.

The 3ds has proved a success showing there is still a market for 'quick blast' games with more substance so if/when Nintendo finally getting their act together I think the WiiU will be fine.

It will be more of a niche than the Wii was but I still think it will be profitable in the end.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• AcidSnake 9 May 2013 11:10:18 7,222 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Widge:
    Sure, but calculating the difference between them when one number is still unknown is pretty damn useless I'd think...

And seeing as Vizzini's point always seems to be PSWhatever >>> XboxWhatever it's getting a bit annoying...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Deleted user 9 May 2013 11:22:19
    @widge
    This generation it will be slightly more straight forward as all the big performance is in the GPUs

@AcidSnake

I take your critical opinion in context, so I'll agree that discussion about Iwata wasn't lying about the WiiU power, EA are dicks as usual and the same developer rumours about the 720 (proved correct for PS4) aren't really WiiU chat.

So lets get back on track. On your WiiU what are you playing and is it any good? I'm waiting to get started on Skyward sword, just need to buy a nunchuck. But the music cd is great that I'm already happy with my purchase
  • AcidSnake 9 May 2013 11:30:32 7,222 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't think EA are dicks for not putting games on the Wii U, merely businessmen...Should the Wii U take off they'll jump on board pretty quickly...

Only problem is that EA and Activision are such large publishers that they are actively influencing the success or failure of a console...

Also, I haven't got a Wii U though I am considering it...250 euro for the premium edition is what I paid for the Wii years ago and more in line with what I wanted to see as a launch price...
    I think I'll wait until the start of E3 and see the software they're lining up and decide based on that...

I'd get ZombiiU, Lego and indeed Skyward Sword as I missed that...

Any news on Scribblenauts here in europe?

• nickthegun 9 May 2013 11:34:22 58,885 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I genuinely cant understand why people are looking forward to scribblenauts. Its always reviewed in a mediocre fashion, at best, and you can get it on the iPhones/Pad for a quid.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deleted user 9 May 2013 11:34:34
    @AcidSnake

i don't know, they were pretty much abandoned the wii as well. The only game they really promoted was Tiger Woods, which made sense from the wiimote as a club perspective. Which is why i'm surprised they havn't at least carried on with Madden on the WII U. Its a perfect match and if advertised correctly, would at least entice people to buy it.
  • LeoliansBro 9 May 2013 11:35:07 43,246 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I genuinely cant understand why people are looking forward to scribblenauts. Its always reviewed in a mediocre fashion, at best, and you can get it on the iPhones/Pad for a quid.
    Drowning men and straws.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Blastiel 9 May 2013 11:37:06 1 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've got a fork here if someone wants to stick it in it?
  • DFawkes 9 May 2013 11:39:42 22,613 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I genuinely cant understand why people are looking forward to scribblenauts.
    You can summon a Posh Furry T-Rex :D

As a sandbox game you can get really silly with it, which is lots of fun :) Not sure I'd pay full price for that silliness though, think I paid about a tenner for it on DS which was well worth it. I'd consider it at 20, as some of the puzzles were really enjoyable and getting 3 stars was a real challenge on some levels.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Deckard1 9 May 2013 11:41:08 27,256 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Simple game for simple folk.
  • nickthegun 9 May 2013 11:41:41 58,885 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You cant though, really. Other than spawning creatures to fight each other and then destroying everything with an atom bomb, it gets old fast.

Still, I hope they hire someone new to design the puzzles for the wii u version as the last bloke was an idiot.

He totally called it

• AcidSnake 9 May 2013 11:47:04 7,222 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    From one of the reviews I read it sounded quite fun...That explains my interest in it...
    Sorry if that makes me simple... :)

And to expand I haven't got iDevices except an old iPod which won't run it I think...

• DFawkes 9 May 2013 11:47:44 22,613 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    You cant though, really. Other than spawning creatures to fight each other and then destroying everything with an atom bomb, it gets old fast.

Still, I hope they hire someone new to design the puzzles for the wii u version as the last bloke was an idiot.
    I certainly agree with the first part to a degree. I could happily sit for a while and do random stuff, but there was never really enough substance to it to take it past that one game (it was Super Scribblenauts I had, so they'd already addresses most things they could).

Some new blood to create some new puzzles would help, but I'm still not convinced it wouldn't have been better off as a downloadable title at a low price.

• nickthegun 9 May 2013 11:53:29 58,885 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They seem to think its worth full price, for some reason, even though its about the standard of most cheaper indie games.

He totally called it

• addyb 9 May 2013 12:13:22 1,035 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Never played a scribblenauts game. Don't think its my cup of tea.
  • nickthegun 9 May 2013 12:15:24 58,885 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its genuinely worth a couple of quid if you have an iPhone. 40, not so much.

He totally called it

• Deleted user 9 May 2013 12:26:53
    And the same game is already out on PC and has been on sale for 5. It's not an exciting or even a good game but it's a decent 'my first plaything' game for someone learning what words mean.

I see why vizzini would like it, it's sorta educational, or as he would say, balloons.
  • neilka 9 May 2013 12:30:25 15,678 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's got to be room in the Mojave Desert on top of all those ET cartridges, Iwata should start digging now.
  • Deckard1 9 May 2013 12:35:25 27,256 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Its genuinely worth a couple of quid if you have an iPhone. 40, not so much.
    I got it for 60p on my galaxy. Its alright. Still felt a little ripped off though.

Edited by Deckard1 at 12:35:49 09-05-2013
  • RyanDS 9 May 2013 12:39:15 9,066 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Luckyjim wrote:

My prediction is that the Wii U will be no different to the Wii in terms of major third-party support and the frequency of first-party releases. Where it'll differ is in its Indie support and it's substantially lower sales.
    I don't even know if they will get the indies at the moment. Sony seem to be pushing massively in that direction and lots of good news has been plastered around, whereas the only dev feedback we hear from people working on the wii u is that nintendo are unhelpful and don't care.
  • DFawkes 9 May 2013 12:54:18 22,613 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You know what I really do dislike about my Wii U? Shiny piano black front on the Gamepad. Why they thought it was a good idea to get something you have to touch a lot as it's primary function and make it so it takes fingerprints better than a CSI I can't fathom. It's almost like they don't know you can have a matte black plastic, if it weren't for the back of the Gamepad being matt black. Use that plastic for the whole thing!

The only reason for it to be shiny is cosmetic, which when it looks like it does is really not something you need to bother with. It's a big chunky looking slab. Don't get me wrong, it really is very comfy to hold and use for gaming even for longer sessions (yes you can play longer sessions!), but it certainly doesn't look like something designed to appear slick and hi-tech. So matte would've made sense.

It's a small thing, but it bugs me. It did with my PSP as well.

Edited by DFawkes at 12:55:00 09-05-2013

• Sid-Nice 9 May 2013 12:56:31 15,852 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wii U= 1 Terrahawk + 1 Zelda.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Armoured_Bear 9 May 2013 13:00:10 10,308 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Luckyjim wrote:

My prediction is that the Wii U will be no different to the Wii in terms of major third-party support and the frequency of first-party releases. Where it'll differ is in its Indie support and it's substantially lower sales.
    I don't even know if they will get the indies at the moment. Sony seem to be pushing massively in that direction and lots of good news has been plastered around, whereas the only dev feedback we hear from people working on the wii u is that nintendo are unhelpful and don't care.
    That's not even close to being true.
    Here is one of many examples.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deleted user 9 May 2013 13:02:07
    A story from 9 days after the machine launched 6 months ago.

Why aren't we seeing loads of indie games being released by now then?
  • RyanDS 9 May 2013 13:08:23 9,066 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Luckyjim wrote:

That's not even close to being true.
    Here is one of many examples.
    Could you name one recent example?

I've seen that Nintendo have lost EA, those Avalanche guys who are over the news and that Aliens game, but haven't seen anything good in months. (To be fair you are right in that those aren't Indie, but I think the point stands.)

Whereas Sony have been getting massive press in the last few weeks. Dropping PS Mobile costs, the much publicised indy drive for PS4 etc.

I'm not saying neccesarily that nintendo are not doing anything for the Indy guys (they may be, they just aren't publicising it, which is weird as they need all the goodwill they can get at the moment.) My point was more that Sony are doing it better.

Edit:

Massive press is probably the wrong word. Several articles is probably a better way of putting it.

Edited by RyanDS at 13:10:22 09-05-2013
  • Raiko101 9 May 2013 13:10:01 6,089 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They're not going to suddenly appear. This isn't something Nintendo has been chasing until fairly recently.

Nintendo Life, as biased as it's going to be, has reported a load of indie games in development since the consoles launch. Most of these seem to have come from kickstarter projects though and some wont even make it out this year...

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• LeoliansBro 9 May 2013 13:11:07 43,246 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nobody expected them to 'suddenly appear', but the console has been out for 6 months now...

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Page

of 1348 First / Last