Wii U Page 617

• Page

of 1357 First / Last

• DFawkes 6 May 2013 20:59:23 22,787 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I'm fairly sure 'having some games' is a realistic expectation.
    It has. Just almost no exclusives, which is of course a fairly big issue given we're out of the launch window now (despite what Nintendo would try and have use believe). But I've still had plenty of fun on third party stuff :)

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• beastmaster 6 May 2013 21:00:58 11,322 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    Why don't they, once autumn/winter comes, splash out a ton of cash advertising the damned thing? By then, they'll be able to get away with promoting ZombiU, Nintendo Land, Pikmin, Game & Wario, Wonderful 101, Wii U Party, Wii Fit U, a new Mario Kart, a new Mario, Zelda Wind Waker, Lego City Undercover, Resident Evil Revelations, Monster Hunter 3, etc...

Most will be old news to current owners, but if you've not yet dipped in, that's not a bad list of games to be showing off, whether you're casual or other.
    Don't think it'll convert the casual market. I think they would have bought one already had they given a damn. I know a lot of people with a Wii and they've not been used for ages and why would they buy another one?

That leaves people like me. I really don't like the tech etc. on the Wii/U. The very fact it's nunchuck compatible turns me right off. So, it's going to have to be pretty damn special for me to want to get one. Wonderful 101 is the ONLY game on that list that looks any good. New Mario of any kind? Not seen it yet and I want to see evidence of games and how they look/play and not based on promises.

I know it seems like I'm bashing but it's just frustration and disappointment. Also autumn/winter will be when the new consoles from MS and Sony will be coming out. It's going to get buried under the hype these produce.

Nobody has got a clue what MS have got up their sleeve really in terms of interface. They'll be pushing Kinect 2 and probably Smartglass integration big time. It may be that they could convert some of the casuals to it. Doubtful but you never know.

Yes, I know Sony and MS will never have a Mario/Zelda/Metriod game but as of yet, neither has the Wii U.

Still, I'm hoping when these get released and they make the same kind of impact as the best Nintendo have done previously and get 10/10 everywhere.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• DFawkes 6 May 2013 21:04:02 22,787 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    At least you've realised it's not for you yet and not bought one. That seems like the right thing to do :)

• MatMan562 6 May 2013 21:14:54 2,405 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think the Wii U could be in a good position by the end of the year. If the price stays as it is now or even drops further and the new Mario/ Mario Kart comes out it should start to look appealing to the "casual" market. Show some gameplay for Bayonetta 2 and a Metroid/ F-Zero coming early next year and I think more of the people on here would be interested as well.

Of course, there's the increasingly strong possibility that none of this will happen but I remain hopeful for now.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• mrpon 6 May 2013 21:55:23 28,749 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    One day Fawkes will snap and I want to be there front row seat to witness the glorious meltdown!

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Sid-Nice 6 May 2013 23:37:00 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I fully understand beastmaster's sentiments and I have to agree with most of negative points he addressed towards the Wii U. This is the consensus from the majority of gamers on the Eurogamer forum; although very few put their point over with the same decorum.

Without the promise of Nintendo exclusives; the Wii U would be a poor man’s multiplatform console, with the only worthwhile exclusive up to now being from Traveller’s Tales. I can understand why so many people have taken the “I’ll decide to wait attitude” as the Wii U is currently devoid of any system selling software.

That said I have had hours of fun playing the current games available; understandably apart from the “Off-TV option” a similar experience could be had on the PS3 and Xbox 360. When you consider TT Games have being working on Lego City Undercover for 3 years; you have to ask Nintendo “What the fuck have you been doing over the same period?”

It is almost 2 years since Nintendo created a buzz with the Wii U Zelda demo; ironically the original GameCube Zelda demo was a realistic demo followed by the cell shaded Wind Waker, I hope the Wind Waker HD remake isn’t the only Zelda game in production. Nintendo aren’t very good with showmanship and spin when it comes to promoting their wares, the lack of an E3 presentation could be a blessing in disguise.

If there isn’t a significant amount of first party titles announced at E3 then the Wii U could be up shit creek without a paddle; even if Nintendo secured more third party support the USP “The Gamepad controller” won’t be enough to convert the masses from playing games on their current platforms.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Progguitarist 6 May 2013 23:52:13 10,420 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The biggest problem, apart from the poor hardware, is the fact that there's not one outstanding game in any catagory on it.
  • DFawkes 7 May 2013 00:07:27 22,787 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't feel that's true, but it's entirely open to people have differing opinions. I absolutely adore Lego City Undercover. If I didn't own a Wii U and played LCU at a friends house, I'd have went out to buy one as it's just that enjoyable to me - I did exactly that for Crackdown on 360, and I love it for many of the same reasons.

Of course if you don't enjoy LCU as much as I do, then that's cool :) It's not like everyone has to share my opinion. That'd just be silly! But there is certainly one game that I personally find outstanding. Afraid I couldn't really have any more than one in my personal list though. Lots I've loved playing, but nothing else that I've found myself itching to play the second I get home from work, except maybe AC3.

Edited by DFawkes at 00:08:39 07-05-2013

• Raiko101 7 May 2013 00:12:33 6,213 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm going to say I think Nintendo Land is brilliant, too. Still trying to Master the Metroid missions, five months later. I'm also a fan of the high-score kinda games, so balloon trip and Crash Course have endless appeal. F-Zero is pretty much broken, though...

Edited by Raiko101 at 00:13:15 07-05-2013

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Progguitarist 7 May 2013 00:14:23 10,420 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a good game, for sure. No matter what way you slice it, it's just not in the same league as Mario Galaxy or any of the other top games.
  • Progguitarist 7 May 2013 00:16:41 10,420 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, Nintendo Land hasn't been enough to shift hardware and it certainly hasn't been adorned with amazing review scores across the board.

Personally, I thought it was awful.
  • Raiko101 7 May 2013 00:19:23 6,213 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fair enough. I think we're both likely in our own respective minorities there.

• binky Moderator 7 May 2013 00:19:51 9,571 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I enjoy Nintendo land too, crash course is too damn hard for me though! Why do you sy fzero is broken? I quite like that one. Can't beat level 12 :(
  • Sid-Nice 7 May 2013 00:20:27 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I’ve spent over 70 hours playing Lego City Undercover and that’s after completing the story mode in about 12 hours with a 23% completion rate. The game is so much fun; hopefully Nintendo and TT Games will create downloadable content, extra missions, new stories etc. I was initially worried that after completing the story mode; my addition would wane, quite the contrary actually, I’m still having fun with my completion rate at 85%.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Raiko101 7 May 2013 00:24:17 6,213 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The controls unsync when I play. Within two sectors i'm holding the Gamepad at an angle and when trying to show it off to family, it completely disconnected. Twice.

I have managed to get the platinum trophy for it though. It's fun, but I definitely feel that it needs fixing.

• Progguitarist 7 May 2013 00:27:30 10,420 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's the same problem the Vita has...There's just nothing out that makes you scream "I must own this!".

Oh, wait...you guys were discussing your favourite games...carry on.
  • addyb 7 May 2013 07:20:28 1,045 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    It's the same problem the Vita has...There's just nothing out that makes you scream "I must own this!".

Oh, wait...you guys were discussing your favourite games...carry on.
    Again its all personal preference. I'm a huge fan of Everybody's Golf so the Vita was a day one purchase for me. I've got loads for my Vita now. I'll go back to it once I've caught up on my 3DS backlog.

Edited by addyb at 07:21:06 07-05-2013
  • binky Moderator 7 May 2013 08:32:54 9,571 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    The controls unsync when I play. Within two sectors i'm holding the Gamepad at an angle and when trying to show it off to family, it completely disconnected. Twice.

I have managed to get the platinum trophy for it though. It's fun, but I definitely feel that it needs fixing.
    Ah yes, it definitely loses calibration so by the end of each set you're pretty much holding it horizontal, but I've not lost connection thankfully.
  • binky Moderator 7 May 2013 08:36:02 9,571 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Progguitarist - I think the reason I'm more tolerant of these short sharp bursts of gaming is that my time is quite limited to what I can play (especially in front of my almost-3-year-old). So games like Mario and Nintendo Land are perfectly ideal for a quick fun blast.

Can absolutely see that there's nothing on the system yet that could hold attention for hours at a time (unless you're interested in a Lego game or Monster Hunter).
  • JiveHound 7 May 2013 08:58:44 2,411 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I am glad I've finally got round to playing a Monster Hunter so there is that.

The portfolio has some great games but it's not rounded enough and there certainly aren't enough games with solid release dates.

Edited by JiveHound at 10:05:07 07-05-2013

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• addyb 7 May 2013 10:04:03 1,045 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Progguitarist - I think the reason I'm more tolerant of these short sharp bursts of gaming is that my time is quite limited to what I can play (especially in front of my almost-3-year-old). So games like Mario and Nintendo Land are perfectly ideal for a quick fun blast.

Can absolutely see that there's nothing on the system yet that could hold attention for hours at a time (unless you're interested in a Lego game or Monster Hunter).
    Pretty much the same here. 3 year old girl gets all my attention. The 3DS and Vita are actually a better fit for me right now. Barely used my PC or consoles this year really.
  • Progguitarist 7 May 2013 11:33:55 10,420 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm in the same boat, very little time to game anymore. When I do have free time, I'd rather spend it with the kids anyway.
  • Armoured_Bear 7 May 2013 12:00:35 10,570 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Nintendo Pre E3 Presentation announced

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deleted user 7 May 2013 12:16:11
    Nintendo announces the Wii2, pretends the WiiU never happened. And another Mario Party.
  • DFawkes 7 May 2013 12:36:34 22,787 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Wii 2 is just the Wii U in a new box of course, but only 4 people actually notice thanks to Nintendo ensuring the Wii U's stealthy release ;)

• Sid-Nice 7 May 2013 12:55:05 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I hope Nintendo don't make such a good job of re-launching the Wii U; if they change the name to Wii 2 or Super Nintendo HD, fans could then be confused and buy the same console twice.

NNID Sid-Nice

• ResidentKnievel 7 May 2013 13:04:18 6,181 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No one has bought the console once so it shouldn't be a problem

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• DFawkes 7 May 2013 13:11:12 22,787 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well that's just objectively wrong, Knievel. A basic counting excercise in this very thread will get you 6, at least. 6! Your post is just silly, you big silly billy :p

I assume, as a 360 owner, what little exclusive software and functionality there is holds no interest for you? I'd advise against buying one, if that's the case. Don't think there's really anything you'd really enjoy enough to justify it, though should you have the opportunity to play it elsewhere do give ZombiU a try if you enjoyed Condemned - there are parts that feel similar (though only vaguely).

• CharlieStCloud 7 May 2013 13:39:59 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mr. D Fawkes, is it possible for you to be unkind ... ever?

You seem to be too nice about every single thing.

... I vow to make you a tiny little bit angry one day!

*doesn't know how*
  • neilka 7 May 2013 14:06:17 15,848 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Poo in his Wii U's disc slot.

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• Page

of 1357 First / Last