Wii U Page 603

• Page

of 1344 First / Last

• Aretak 29 Apr 2013 13:26:50 10,345 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    I think the people that don't want one have the right to say why, as much as the ones that enjoy it say why too. It's just a shame trolling is allowed on top of that sometimes. Not that it really happens all that much (nothing on this page or for the last few that I've seen).
    If certain people weren't so precious and insecure about their choice of console, I'd suggest interest in trolling this thread would decline massively.
  • JiveHound 29 Apr 2013 13:27:56 2,320 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    There is definite room for debate, there have been good points made on both sides of the fence.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• scoobysi 29 Apr 2013 13:28:24 882 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    scoobysi wrote:
    There's no Wii U game drought from my point of view
    Cool. Only another 3 million like minded people and nintendo can start hitting their sales targets.
    The point is many people are probably just as happy with the Wii U as I am whereas there are some in here who refuse to accept that can possibly be the case.
  • kalel 29 Apr 2013 13:30:14 86,240 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    scoobysi wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    scoobysi wrote:
    Cool. Only another 3 million like minded people and nintendo can start hitting their sales targets.
    The point is many people are probably just as happy with the Wii U as I am whereas there are some in here who refuse to accept that can possibly be the case.
    Most people are talking more broadly about the success of the console tbh. I've never really understood why some people think their personal anecdotal evidence means anything in this context, but there you go.
  • kalel 29 Apr 2013 13:31:10 86,240 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Also the cycle of this thread is this:

News
    Discussion
    Sensitivity
    Trolling
    Argument
    Navel gazing

We're now into the final stage again.
  • Armoured_Bear 29 Apr 2013 13:32:14 10,240 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kalel wrote:

News
    Discussion
    Sensitivity
    Trolling
    Argument
    Navel gazing

You're missing a few "trolling" entries in there.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• neilka 29 Apr 2013 13:33:32 15,623 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you find yourself gazing at ecosse's navel then something's gone very wrong.
  • scoobysi 29 Apr 2013 13:36:02 882 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    scoobysi wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    scoobysi wrote:
    Most people are talking more broadly about the success of the console tbh. I've never really understood why some people think their personal anecdotal evidence means anything in this context, but there you go.
    Because I actually have the console and an opinion ... perhaps.
  • nickthegun 29 Apr 2013 13:40:06 58,782 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And the reason a lot of people dont have the Wii U is because theres a perception that it has no games.

Being one of those people..I feel I can comment... perhaps..

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• kalel 29 Apr 2013 13:40:12 86,240 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    scoobysi wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    scoobysi wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    scoobysi wrote:
    Because I actually have the console and an opinion ... perhaps.
    So?
  • LeoliansBro 29 Apr 2013 13:42:44 43,132 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OK, if you want to do facts rather than impressions:

Please list the release schedule dates for all WiiU games coming out, ever.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Raiko101 29 Apr 2013 13:56:07 6,051 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Has anybody disagreed that the Wii U has a ton of games coming out this year? I'm pretty sure we're all in the same boat there.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Bremenacht 29 Apr 2013 14:01:06 17,600 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    There is definite room for debate, there have been good points made on both sides of the fence.
    As well as being good, were those points well made?
  • Bremenacht 29 Apr 2013 14:02:16 17,600 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:

News
    Discussion
    Sensitivity
    Trolling
    Argument
    Navel gazing

When's 'news' up then? I say 'news', but of course I mean 'lol'. :D
  • nickthegun 29 Apr 2013 14:05:51 58,782 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    Has anybody disagreed that the Wii U has a ton of games coming out this year? I'm pretty sure we're all in the same boat there.
    I think the point is that no one knows.

He totally called it

• LeoliansBro 29 Apr 2013 14:06:32 43,132 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    I disagree that the WiiU has a ton of games coming out this year. Because we're at the end of April and there's been one, Lego City Underwhelming.

Please prove me wrong by showing me the release schedule I've clearly missed and I will genuinely apologise.

• DFawkes 29 Apr 2013 14:07:42 22,581 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy Lego City Undercover. I do find that a shame as I really enjoy it a lot. Like any game though, every person has a different take on it :)

Bremenacht wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:
    As well as being good, were those points well made?
    I'd say so :) Some nice, spirited debate this fine morning. Don't think we'll have any concrete news for a while though so the cycle shouldn't be re-started until E3, and even then I reckon the PS4 and Xbox Next threads will get more attention (with good cause).

Edited by DFawkes at 14:11:09 29-04-2013

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• kalel 29 Apr 2013 14:09:44 86,240 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Incidentally around 5000 games would weigh a ton. So "tons" is going to be at least 10,000 games.

A FUNNY JOKE!
  • LeoliansBro 29 Apr 2013 14:13:25 43,132 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy Lego City Undercover. I do find that a shame as I really enjoy it a lot. Like any game though, every person has a different take on it :)
    To be fair that wasn't a dig at LCU, I've not tried it. My point was more that it stands alone somewhat, and that I'm underwhelmed by how few games there are.

• Armoured_Bear 29 Apr 2013 15:18:29 10,240 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wonderful 101 looking likely to be short and replayable

• DFawkes 29 Apr 2013 15:21:38 22,581 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    DFawkes wrote:
    To be fair that wasn't a dig at LCU, I've not tried it. My point was more that it stands alone somewhat, and that I'm underwhelmed by how few games there are.
    Ah, gotcha. Yep, pretty slim picking, I have to admit. Heck, at this point you can take third-party ports into account and you've still only got a couple more games. What has there been lately? Injustice, and... yeah.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Progguitarist 29 Apr 2013 15:29:57 10,399 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear One for the bargain bins then.
  • Armoured_Bear 29 Apr 2013 15:30:55 10,240 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear One for the bargain bins then.
    Not for me (unless it's 2 hours or something), I find games are too long a lot more often than too short.

• Progguitarist 29 Apr 2013 15:33:10 10,399 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, same for me lately but I'll just wait and buy it when the price drops. Pending on reviews of course.
  • Retroid Moderator 29 Apr 2013 15:46:50 44,503 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    And the reason a lot of people dont have the Wii U is because theres a perception that it has no games.

Being one of those people..I feel I can comment... perhaps..
    Yeah, it's not so much "no games" as 'few exclusives which really shout out'.

Why should most people spend more than the asking price of the consoles they already own to buy a machine which offers them pretty much the same releases? That's the problem.
  • JiveHound 29 Apr 2013 16:14:53 2,320 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I think we can all agree that it's pretty damn barren at the moment. Games cited for launch still don't have dates five months on and Bayonetta is still nowhere to be seen even though I swear that was initially touted as a June release.

The 3ds is sooo damn good though, using that as evidence there will surely be some stonking games on their way. For me the new Mario will be the barometer for the WiiU's feature set success. If their best dev teams can't utilise the tech then they're in trouble. If their new Mario game shifts serious units then we'll see more developers and publishers get onboard again.

• JiveHound 29 Apr 2013 16:16:19 2,320 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    That's also if people realise it's a new machine. That is probably the biggest failing for me.

• Baihu1983 29 Apr 2013 16:44:38 3,270 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    What they have at E3 could decide the Wii U for me I would love to see some new IP's from Nintendo and a new F Zero would be very welcome.
  • nickthegun 29 Apr 2013 17:02:20 58,782 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    The 3ds is sooo damn good though, using that as evidence there will surely be some stonking games on their way.
    You can also use that as evidence of them knowing which side their bread is buttered. Even the 3DS had firm dates and trickled releases by now.

He totally called it

• RyanDS 29 Apr 2013 18:42:42 9,050 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:
    The 3ds is sooo damn good though, using that as evidence there will surely be some stonking games on their way.
    You can also use that as evidence of them knowing which side their bread is buttered. Even the 3DS had firm dates and trickled releases by now.
    3DS they could afford to wait and take their time, they only have to compete with the Vita which also had a slow start. Wii u has only a few months before the big boys come out. I genuinely think they need to do stuff NOW, they can't afford a slow burn.
  • Page

of 1344 First / Last