Wii U Page 599

• Page

of 1363 First / Last

• mikew1985 27 Apr 2013 13:11:39 12,739 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Haha! I just read the article on the front page about the virtual console going live today? Was it really not in place until today? Is there really only the pathetic choice of games available too?

What an utter shambles this entire console launch has been

Edited by mikew1985 at 13:11:57 27-04-2013
  • Raiko101 27 Apr 2013 13:20:39 6,305 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Retail was 330 for the premium bundle with ZombiU and the Pro Controller, so you're still 70 off.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• NotSoSlim 27 Apr 2013 13:22:56 3,124 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    God this place is joke when something happens WiiU related.

Anyway as I didn't bother much with Wii I am not fussed with all this hoopla. PS4 and nextbox are gonna have there own issues

Looking forward to the bitching post E3 conference when all details are revealed

Edited by NotSoSlim at 13:32:05 27-04-2013
  • DFawkes 27 Apr 2013 13:31:58 22,967 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The selection of VC games is certainly poor. Do they have to go through certification again with every one? That's the only reason I can think of for not getting them out the door as fast as possible.

Why is the official line-up missing Kirby is Europe? I have it. I was playing it this morning! Does it not count for some reason?

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• LeoliansBro 27 Apr 2013 13:32:03 44,225 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sorry yes. Ahem.

Do you think anyone looking back is happy to have paid 330 for this shambles 5 months ago?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Raiko101 27 Apr 2013 13:36:41 6,305 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yes, me. The price wasn't the issue. I've even been fortunate enough not to run out of games to play on it, too.

Edited by Raiko101 at 13:37:06 27-04-2013

• DFawkes 27 Apr 2013 13:38:32 22,967 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd imagine some people are happy, and others aren't, but if I were to guess (and that's all it is) I'd imagine there are more people that are less than happy. Those that bought it just because it's a shiny new thing will most likely have some regrets, or those who bought it based on future potential as it was a bit early to spend that sort of money on potential.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• yegon 27 Apr 2013 14:56:25 5,269 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I impulse bought a second hand Premium with ZombiU (just disc, no box) in a sale at a local indie couple of months ago, 200. Great deal. Be pretty pissed if I'd paid full whack, but then again I swore to myself I would only buy it when it hit 200. Didn't think I'd get it so soon but been pretty pleased with it overall. Just hope it gets a really good second wind at a later stage like the 3DS has.

3DS was a wasteland for so long, but the last few months have completely turned it around for me. No idea about sales numbers these days, but it's become a really good handheld lately and something I'd actually recommend to non-early-adopter-nerds like me. Hopefully, same will happen with Wii U eventually. Lack of horsepower doesn't concern me too much so long as Nintendo release stellar first party stuff in the long haul. That said, I won't pretend, I wouldn't actually recommend the Wii U to anyone bar multi platform gamers like myself. Yet.
  • binky Moderator 27 Apr 2013 18:36:22 9,626 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    HMV were selling Sonic Allstars Racing today for 7.99 so grabbed a copy. Seemed rude not too, and it's another game my toddler can enjoy watching \o/
  • Raiko101 27 Apr 2013 20:53:45 6,305 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's seriously hardcore, that game. Hard is indeed hard. I've given up trying. Online is fun though, and it has co-op for the challenge and cup modes!

• Progguitarist 27 Apr 2013 21:52:50 10,439 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't mean to be downer for any Mario fans but damn, the Rayman challenges app has been more fun than NSMBU.
  • DFawkes 27 Apr 2013 22:05:17 22,967 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nothing down about that, it's quite good :) I know it was in the demo too, but I really love the rhythm platforming level. The other levels I'm not as big a fan of, but I can definitely understand the love for it. It looks fantastic too.

I'll probably still pass when the full game comes out, but I'm glad it's coming out for all the consoles as it really does deserve to be a success, if the demo and Challenge App are any indication.

Edited by DFawkes at 22:05:32 27-04-2013

• Progguitarist 27 Apr 2013 22:08:36 10,439 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think I'll get it.

Anyway, Iwata says Wii U is not underpowered.

Finally, Iwata is aware of the fact that many people hold the belief that Wii U is underpowered, and feels they need to work on remedying such misunderstandings. Not only that, but he knows that there are some third parties that are actively supporting Wii U, while others aren't even giving it a second glance. He wants to fix this by creating a situation in which third parties not currently actively supporting Wii U will regret that decision once third parties that did support it start to produce hits on the system. Of course, this isn't going to happen overnight, and it's hard for them at the moment to persuade third parties to get on board given Wii U's current state. However, Nintendo is working on producing such results following Wii U's "re-vitalization" on and after this summer.
  • Tekkirai 27 Apr 2013 22:16:16 104 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It simply is underpowered and you can see it in every single game sofar. Not compared to the current gens, but the PS4 and Nextbox will obliterate it specwise. Also, seeing the casuals aren't biting at all, Nintendo will end up with a consumer base largely consisting of Nintendo fans, who tend not to buy much in the way of 3rd party titles (see the Gamecube).

So unless some sort of miracle happens, they can kiss that dream goodbye.
  • aeschylus 27 Apr 2013 22:21:16 446 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I dont get all the drama, I think a Wii U is a brilliant "second" console, it fits perfectly in the mould of sitting alongside your Xbox or PS3, even more so with the new consoles....

it's size is excellent it looks good and is no easily attainable under 200 notes...

I agree with above poster I did not buy it to play COD, I bought it to play Nintendo titles
  • DFawkes 27 Apr 2013 22:25:25 22,967 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's not under-powered if the intention is to make it capable of running the same sort of stuff the PS3 and 360 (which it clearly is).

However, that does make it extremely mistimed and possible misguided, and it really cuts down your audience to people that didn't buy 360s or PS3 and do want Off TV Play and Gamepad features. As far as third party stuff goes it's only if you're willing to wait for the port and pay the same money as a new game and even then only if you can find it in stock!

It's my main console right now, and I accept all this, but if a friend asked if they should buy one, given every one of them has a 360, I couldn't recommend it. I don't feel it's not really low enough in price to recommend as a second console either.

Edited by DFawkes at 22:26:39 27-04-2013

• addyb 28 Apr 2013 00:42:29 1,050 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    I don't mean to be downer for any Mario fans but damn, the Rayman challenges app has been more fun than NSMBU.
    I agree. As much as I like my Mario games I soon got bored of NSMBU. I just think the 2D games have well and truly run their course. I really enjoyed Rayman Origins though and so far ive enjoyed Rayman Legends. Looking forward to release now. I've also got it pre ordered for 19.99 as I received a 20 voucher from ubisoft as they cancelled my Assassins Creed 3 special edition pre order late last year (due to a mis price)

Edited by addyb at 00:43:19 28-04-2013
  • addyb 28 Apr 2013 00:48:41 1,050 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    aeschylus wrote:
    I dont get all the drama, I think a Wii U is a brilliant "second" console, it fits perfectly in the mould of sitting alongside your Xbox or PS3, even more so with the new consoles....

it's size is excellent it looks good and is no easily attainable under 200 notes...

I agree with above poster I did not buy it to play COD, I bought it to play Nintendo titles
    Agreed. My consoles have always been a compliment for my pc gaming this gen although over the past 2 years my PC gaming has become less frequent. I guess I just can't be arsed with the upgrading anymore. Its lost its appeal.

I'll always have a Nintendo console though alongside a playstation or Xbox. I want the best of both worlds and like my exclusives. Cant wait to find out more on the PS4 and next box. :)
  • JiveHound 28 Apr 2013 19:30:00 2,439 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    A lot of people have stated that they're just not interested in getting invested in two consoles this generation so for them the WiiU really needs to be good all round and Nintendo's stuff is very bespoke to their vision.

I can see why that would bother some though I fully intend to get one of the mainstream consoles when they land.

This really has been a sizeable stutter for Nintendo, that's for sure. If the quality matches the current 3ds software then it should be worth the wait.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• LeoliansBro 28 Apr 2013 19:44:01 44,225 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can say the WiiU has undersold because of austerity and that all console sales will be down from here on in. You can say that the WiiU is a nice 'second console'. But you cannot say both.

Of course, the first is bullshit because there are precious few games in the WiiU and now even Nintendo have publicly announced that not enough developers are supporting it. And the second is bullshit because you can play about 75% of decent WiiU content elsewhere, better and cheaper.

Says a lot that you could have bought a 360 on the WiiU launch date, played crossplatform games on that for 5 months, and then buy a WiiU today and you'd be no more out of pocket (and with a nice 'first' console to go with your 'second' console.

• Raiko101 28 Apr 2013 21:07:02 6,305 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If it weren't for Minecraft, i'd not have touched my 360 this year. With the exception of Far Cry 3, which i've still yet to get, I don't feel i've missed anything in the past 4 or 5 months.

Getting to your 2nd point though, it's been a slow start, but the Wii U is going to have quite a different library of games to the next Xbox and PS4 consoles, so it will make a better '2nd' console than either of those two. Especially when the library of games decides to show up (Even if it's only 1st party stuff).

• Youthist 28 Apr 2013 21:59:28 10,018 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Sorry yes. Ahem.

Do you think anyone looking back is happy to have paid 330 for this shambles 5 months ago?
    Just checking - are you aware what a whining, trolling, pathetic, sad little tit you sound like with every post you decide to make in this thread?

Just curious, like.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Binny 28 Apr 2013 22:12:32 187 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    true that
  • Armoured_Bear 28 Apr 2013 22:12:52 11,210 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Sorry yes. Ahem.

Just checking - are you aware what a whining, trolling, pathetic, sad little tit you sound like with every post you decide to make in this thread?

Just curious, like.
    :D
    Bizarre behaviour indeed.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• LeoliansBro 28 Apr 2013 23:43:52 44,225 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Sorry yes. Ahem.

Just curious, like.
    Diddums.

• yupyup 29 Apr 2013 00:50:22 3,682 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Sorry yes. Ahem.

Just curious, like.
    Were you aware that's how you sound in every single thread ever Youthist?

Genuinely curious.

Hands Off Our Penises

• nickthegun 29 Apr 2013 07:55:20 59,916 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Youthist wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Sorry yes. Ahem.

Just curious, like.
    :D
    Bizarre behaviour indeed.
    A good post. Some reasonable points there.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• kalel 29 Apr 2013 09:48:29 87,682 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    aeschylus wrote:

Agreed. My consoles have always been a compliment for my pc gaming this gen although over the past 2 years my PC gaming has become less frequent. I guess I just can't be arsed with the upgrading anymore. Its lost its appeal.

I'll always have a Nintendo console though alongside a playstation or Xbox. I want the best of both worlds and like my exclusives. Cant wait to find out more on the PS4 and next box. :)
    IMHO, if the WiiU can't justify itself as a "first" console, then it has failed. I severely doubt Nintendo's strategy was that this would only sell to people rich enough and into gaming enough to own more than one current gen platform. I doubt developers will care much about developing for it if that's all it is as well.
  • nickthegun 29 Apr 2013 09:51:08 59,916 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I do hate the fact now that its becoming accepted that you need a second console. For a year at least, the Wii U should have had the ability to be the first and only box under peoples tellies.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Armoured_Bear 29 Apr 2013 10:40:29 11,210 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think that when the library improves it'll be a possible "first" console for kids but with 3rd party support looking scarce it's less likely to work for adults unless they're only really interested in Nintendo games.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Page

of 1363 First / Last