Wii U Page 591

• Page

of 1348 First / Last

• Cappy 23 Apr 2013 22:40:11 11,831 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've noticed that the Wii Remote seems to drain batteries when supposedly switched off also.
  • Raiko101 24 Apr 2013 05:08:13 6,081 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's odd, as i've only charged my Pro Controller once, since launch. Granted i've not used it much, but it still flashes all four lights, five months later.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Raiko101 24 Apr 2013 05:08:13 6,081 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's odd, as i've only charged my Pro Controller once, since launch. Granted i've not used it much, but it still flashes all four lights, five months later.

• JiveHound 24 Apr 2013 10:21:33 2,346 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yup, I haven't charged my pro controller since I got my Wii U at the end of January. I use it quite a bit too.

The fact that it turns itself off when inactive certainly helps but it's still pretty impressive.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• spamdangled 24 Apr 2013 10:26:26 27,271 posts
    Seen 49 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    joeymoto108 wrote:
    Loving the controller, I like how it's large but comfortable to hold. My god, the Wii U menu's are atrociously slow though.
    Isn't there a firmware patch coming soon to help with that? Not turned on my WiiU in a bit though, so it might already be out.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Armoured_Bear 24 Apr 2013 10:32:00 10,305 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    joeymoto108 wrote:
    Loving the controller, I like how it's large but comfortable to hold. My god, the Wii U menu's are atrociously slow though.
    Isn't there a firmware patch coming soon to help with that? Not turned on my WiiU in a bit though, so it might already be out.
    In the next day or two..

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• JiveHound 24 Apr 2013 10:49:04 2,346 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Virtual Console is supposedly out soon after. Or so I've read somewhere.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• CharlieStCloud 24 Apr 2013 11:00:00 5,090 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ... is 3.40-odd million Wii U's a decent figure for the last five or six months?

Also found out that the Wii has outsold the Wii U every month since day one too.

A small profit or not, I do wonder what is going on at their HQ in Japan!
  • nickthegun 24 Apr 2013 11:05:34 58,875 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    ... is 3.40-odd million Wii U's a decent figure for the last five or six months?
    They set an initial minimum sales target for 5m, so no.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• LeoliansBro 24 Apr 2013 11:13:56 43,245 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    joeymoto108 wrote:
    In the next day or two..
    WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED? The firmware update fixing menu load times was LITERALLY the only reason I didn't get one of these.

...oh wait.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• nickthegun 24 Apr 2013 11:14:56 58,875 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They put a video out and everything. The video for the improved load times actually got more promotion than most of the games.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• LeoliansBro 24 Apr 2013 11:17:56 43,245 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wait, that video has been out for several weeks now.

Have there been delays? To an update fixing load times?

Or was that to fill a gap given lack of WiiU awareness? In which case Nintendo's full throated support consists of a teaser video for a firmware update.

I stick to my point that they'd abandoned this console before it was ever released.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• binky Moderator 24 Apr 2013 11:19:03 9,455 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The load times update is coming.
    It's just a bit slow.
  • DFawkes 24 Apr 2013 11:38:49 22,613 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    It far outside epic fail territory so enough for Nintendo not to suddenly abandon it, but it's underneath their sales target.

Then again, if the news on the front page of EG is any indication companies have got into the really bad habit of over-estimating a bucketload. Square Enix, Capcom and Sony have all been guilty of it. They really need to quit that - especially Nintendo and Sony who overestimated by millions!

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• neilka 24 Apr 2013 11:41:33 15,677 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It'll mean less time waiting for the menus to load so you can spend more time looking at the minutes-long load screens of games like Lego City.
  • roz123 24 Apr 2013 11:46:09 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't think the update has been delayed some people misread some info and assumed it was coming out yesterday but all Nintendo actually said was its coming out this week and the Virtual Console and Panorama stuff will launch a day later. Some people are hinting that the Miiverse for PC and phones will launch this week but I'm not sure thats true.

Looking at the American list it looks like the WiiU VC will only have a small selection of SNES and NES games at launch with Super Mario World being the only decent game that hasn't already been available for 30p. I guess they plan on drip feeding roms again even though you can already access the Wiis large VC library. What a shame.
  • Deleted user 24 April 2013 11:55:36
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    joeymoto108 wrote:
    In the next day or two..
    The most exciting software release so far for the WiiU.
  • DFawkes 24 Apr 2013 12:02:51 22,613 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You're just a big silly billy, Aargh :p I'd say it'd be Lego City Undercover. It's really very good and has a lot to do. Probably my favourite Wii U game so far, though I loved Assassin's Creed 3 too (it doesn't matter if it's not exclusive, I still enjoyed it).

I do apologise for throwing around the SB bombs so much recently.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Aretak 24 Apr 2013 12:08:06 10,345 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    I was reading this morning that Apple sold 37.4 million iPhones and 19.5 million iPads during the first three months of 2013. Whilst it's obviously not a fair comparison to the Wii U specifically, it rather puts into perspective just how tiny the console market in general is, relatively speaking.
  • Raiko101 24 Apr 2013 14:33:07 6,081 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm organising an uprising when the next Xbox and PS3 trip out of their respective gates at launch. It's going to like the Vita all over again! Who's with me?! :cool:

Seriously though, it would appear that the more casual gaming audience are moving on. I imagine owning a games console is going to become quite a 'nerdy' thing again. Not that I mind.

• JinTypeNoir 24 Apr 2013 14:57:10 4,365 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nah, what's really happening is that something of a handheld PC market is developing (where the platforms are far more open and not controlled and whether the game runs or not depends on whether you have the specs able to run it) in Western markets (its been here forever in Japan, which is why you're not seeing much of a dent in the handheld market here).

Since its relatively new, its also in boost mode. Wherever it settles, higher than now, lower than now, nobody knows. But it will eventually settle and remain another form of competition with the traditional PC, handheld and console markets (and in Japan, arcades). This will largely depend on software. If the mobile continues to pillage people's wallets with freemium models, it might get regulated by government as gambling or face an enormous backlash. If a number of hits continue to come, it might grow. If the other platforms develop enough popular software that become huge hits, then its not going to matter and the public will go that way.

It has little to do with "the public wants to game on phones/tablets" and such form factor and much to do with issues of popular software.

Though it would help immensely console manufacturers would cut out the graphic-chasing, high function bullshit. Its likely that the 3DS, like the DS before it, despite everything that has been said will be the highest selling platform again this generation, mostly because the platform is easy to play and understand. There is no installation. There are no season passes. Patches fixes major issues are rare. Many top games are blazingly simple to understand.

As for the Wii U, Nintendo has the same problem Sony had with the PS3, with the major exception, being that they, not 3rd parties, are going to have to be the ones to drive motivation to buy the platform, from what we know now.

It's going to be interesting to see how things change now that Iwata's got more of a way to be in direct control and see what's going on in North America. I wonder if that will have any effect in Europe.
  • Roddles 24 Apr 2013 17:03:39 1,779 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Didn't read a word.
  • Sid-Nice 24 Apr 2013 18:26:30 15,852 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Roddles wrote:
    Didn't read a word.
    That's probably JinTypeNoir's shortest post ever.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Frogofdoom 24 Apr 2013 20:06:58 871 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/rejoice_mario_kart_wii_u_is_coming_this_year
  • addyb 24 Apr 2013 20:43:45 1,034 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/rejoice_mario_kart_wii_u_is_coming_this_year
    The main reason I buy a Nintendo console. Some say its idiotic to spend hundreds on a console for 1 game.

I am happy to be one of those idiots. I love my MK. Even the Wii version which a lot hated. I can't tell you the hundreds of hours of online fun I had with it. A group of us all on chat using the 360 and having a riot.

Bring it on! :)
  • Chopsen 24 Apr 2013 20:45:12 15,727 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wait, you had the 360s on Live going for chat, while you are all playing multiplayer Wii? Seriously?
  • neilka 24 Apr 2013 20:47:04 15,677 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The quoted email doesn't say it'll be out this year. Even if they do mean this fiscal year, that ends in March 2014.
  • addyb 24 Apr 2013 20:48:46 1,034 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    Wait, you had the 360s on Live going for chat, while you are all playing multiplayer Wii? Seriously?
    Yep. Good times. :)
  • Tekkirai 25 Apr 2013 05:50:18 104 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Looks like Nintendo won't be hosting an E3 event this year and are just going to do some smaller separate events. I think this will lead to them barely getting any press coverage and being skipped by the likes of CNN and such entirely.

Just what they needed, even less attention. Iwata is like a human wrecking ball smashing its way through the entire company. He needs to be put out to pasture asap.
  • CosmicFuzz 25 Apr 2013 06:09:42 23,334 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To be fair, most of the E3 conferences nowadays are aimed at investors and financial backers, and they're less and less about the games themselves. I definitely got the feeling I wasn't the intended audience last year.

If Nintendo want to have a smaller showing where they can just focus on games, maybe that's not a bad thing. I agree that it may well be overshadowed though by the other 2 - although the fact they will both be showing off new consoles probably means Nintendo were always going to be overshadowed.

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• Page

of 1348 First / Last