Wii U Page 571

• Page

of 1354 First / Last

• kalel 26 Mar 2013 14:41:59 86,815 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    When the inevitable proper Mario game does come, I won't be able to help being interested. That's probably at least a year away though.
  • nickthegun 26 Mar 2013 14:43:11 59,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    Well of course it's only speculation at this point but Bayonetta and Wonderful 101
    I was thinking i would get around this by borrowing a Wii U off someone when/if they come out, but I dont know a single person irl who has one.

They should still rent consoles. I dont know who 'they' is but they should.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deleted user 26 March 2013 14:44:08
    I saw one in HMV in Edinburgh as a demo unit but they had lost the controller.
  • Armoured_Bear 26 Mar 2013 14:49:07 10,511 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    Yeah the Dreamcast is really fondly remembered even though it was on a fucking Arsenal strip.

Doubt the Wii U will be looked back on in such terms.
    How on earth can you be confident of that after 6 months, especially when there's been almost nothing yet released from Nintendo themselves?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• LeoliansBro 26 Mar 2013 14:49:55 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Because it's been 6 months and there's nothing yet released by Nintendo themselves.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• nickthegun 26 Mar 2013 14:51:33 59,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also, Dreamcast was well regarded from the start, whereas the Wii U is not.

He totally called it

• DFawkes 26 Mar 2013 14:51:58 22,762 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think confidence in the future either way is a bit early still, much like it was with the 3DS. Though if I'm honest, I think it's more likely people will look back at specific games fondly rather then the console itself, if anything.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 26 Mar 2013 14:52:37 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Virtua Fighter 3 was a state of the art system seller.
  • LeoliansBro 26 Mar 2013 14:59:43 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What sets the WiiU apart though is that, with the next gen imminent, it has a really REALLY short shelf life before it becomes second tier and much less relevant.

It's all well and good accepting that consoles can take some time to come into their own but Nintendo have effectively bet the farm with this one that it will draw an instant userbase hungry for something new and that this will allow it to endure when it is technically superceded by MS / Sony in 9 months' time. The low sales figures, the forecast revisions, the price drops all point to a console nobody is buying. The cost cutting and the lack of 1st party AAA announcements point to a console Nintendo is cutting its losses on.

• Armoured_Bear 26 Mar 2013 14:59:52 10,511 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    When the inevitable proper Mario game does come, I won't be able to help being interested. That's probably at least a year away though.
    Quite possibly but with it being playable at E3 I live in hope for a Xmas release.

• binky Moderator 26 Mar 2013 15:00:47 9,563 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Quite possibly but with it being playable at E3 I live in hope for a Xmas release.
    "Proper Mario". Surely a proper Mario game is a 2D Mario game.
  • LeoliansBro 26 Mar 2013 15:01:29 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Has there been a single screenshot? Any detail about it at all? And you think it'll be playable in two months' time?

• Armoured_Bear 26 Mar 2013 15:01:56 10,511 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    As the 3d ones are better I'd say not :p

• LeoliansBro 26 Mar 2013 15:02:10 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    By that definition why bother buying a WiiU - surely a proper Mario game is playable on a NES.

• Deleted user 26 March 2013 15:02:45
    Heh. Way back in 2005 or whenever i remember the internet going ape shit crazy for a new 2D mario. The hardcore mario game is back! Now its seen as the inferior casual trash. The internet!
  • nickthegun 26 Mar 2013 15:03:07 59,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In a lot of ways, its probably good that the console hasnt really sold many units. Can you imagine the noise if they had shipped 30m Wii U's to people with this paucity of software support?

There would be rioting in the streets.

He totally called it

• kalel 26 Mar 2013 15:03:40 86,815 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    For me a proper Mario game is a new full Mario game with a new concept and new ideas.

So these days, that's the 3D ones.
  • kalel 26 Mar 2013 15:04:39 86,815 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd have no issue with a "proper" new 2D Mario btw. That would be awesome.
  • nickthegun 26 Mar 2013 15:05:13 59,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    Heh. Way back in 2005 or whenever i remember the internet going ape shit crazy for a new 2D mario. The hardcore mario game is back! Now its seen as the inferior casual trash. The internet!
    Yeah, it was the best selling mario game on the Wii but, like with everything, they milked the shit out of it and failed to realise that it was, effectively, a fad.

Woo a 2D mario game its everything I know and love! Oh, another 2D mario game... ive had my fill now..

He totally called it

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 26 Mar 2013 15:06:25 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Pretty much.
  • kalel 26 Mar 2013 15:07:03 86,815 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Super Mario World 3 or something would be amazing.

Yes another NEW Super Mario Bros or whatever...sigh...
  • Deleted user 26 March 2013 15:07:45
    nickthegun wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:
    Yeah, it was the best selling mario game on the Wii but, like with everything, they milked the shit out of it and failed to realise that it was, effectively, a fad.

Woo a 2D mario game its everything I know and love! Oh, another 2D mario game... ive had my fill now..
    Yeah true. To be honest though, there timing of the releases as been poor. Having two in the space of 3 months or so last year was poor on nintendo part.

Saying that, what i have heard of NSMBU and seen, looks a lot of fun. General impressions are good.
  • nickthegun 26 Mar 2013 15:08:05 59,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its the gimmicks, for me. I know they wanted party play and all that, but the levels did/do suffer for being designed with four people in mind.

He totally called it

• nickthegun 26 Mar 2013 15:08:58 59,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    Saying that, what i have heard of NSMBU and seen, looks a lot of fun. General impressions are good.
    Its never going to be a bad game, its just completely uninspiring.

He totally called it

• Armoured_Bear 26 Mar 2013 15:09:42 10,511 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:

Yeah true. To be honest though, there timing of the releases as been poor. Having two in the space of 3 months or so last year was poor on nintendo part.

It's loads of fun, just not special, doesn't come close to the SMG games but is "solid".

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 26 Mar 2013 15:11:49 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The modern 2d games seem to be a case of going through the motions for the designers.

The way the map tied Mario World together seems or maybe seemed more creative than the modern games.

Might be a good dose of nostalgia in this opinion though.
  • nickthegun 26 Mar 2013 15:11:57 59,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Good post. Some familiar points there.

He totally called it

• Kay 26 Mar 2013 16:03:05 17,805 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Has there been a single screenshot? Any detail about it at all? And you think it'll be playable in two months' time?
    Nintendo confirmed it'll be playable at E3 a while back, iirc.

Anyway, E3 will be interesting. If Nintendo somehow come out with a shitload of new games all due out this year (including a proper 3D Mario platformer), coupled with the inevitable price cut before Christmas, they might stand a chance. If E3 comes and goes with very little of interest then the console will die very quickly.

Edited by Kay at 16:03:47 26-03-2013
  • Raiko101 26 Mar 2013 19:10:28 6,183 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Wii U will only die if Nintendo abandons it and if they did, they'd lose what consumer confidence they have left. It'll live on with a wimper until the next generation of consoles roll in, at the very least. And if the 3DS is anything to go by, we'll get some brilliant games try and reverse it's fortunes.

Edited by Raiko101 at 19:13:11 26-03-2013

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• NOSAVIOUR 26 Mar 2013 20:12:54 2,804 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I would love the next Mario to be super Mario world 2. Fully 3D.
  • Page

of 1354 First / Last