Wii U Page 567

• Page

of 1362 First / Last

• kalel 25 Mar 2013 11:58:41 87,564 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm speaking generally fwiw.

I posted something a while back about the psychology of the early-adopter as well, which is partly related to this. They're not "deluded" as such but they are highly imaginative, and tend to confuse imagined potential benefits with real ones.
  • nickthegun 25 Mar 2013 12:00:17 59,854 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There are actually entire studies written about this very subject.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Bremenacht 25 Mar 2013 12:16:27 18,190 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is Confirmation Bias appropriate here?

Works both ways of course.
  • Raiko101 25 Mar 2013 12:33:18 6,295 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How has this thread not moved on in the past two months? It's the same arguments over and over again. Two sides forcing their beliefs down each others throats, going nearly as far as to call the other side idiots for not sharing the same opinion.

People knock Nintendo Life for being full of deluded youngsters, but this thread would put most of that community to shame.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• AceGrace 25 Mar 2013 12:40:55 1,105 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    scuffpuppies wrote:
    I loved the Jaguar. The original 'Need for Speed' was the best version for years. For some reason no other developer could get the weight and handling right for the cars.

NFS, Tempest, and Alien vs Predator were worth owning a Jaguar for.
    NFS was on the 3DO, not the Jaguar.
  • DFawkes 25 Mar 2013 12:45:42 22,927 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    How has this thread not moved on in the past two months? It's the same arguments over and over again. Two sides forcing their beliefs down each others throats, going nearly as far as to call the other side idiots for not sharing the same opinion.

People knock Nintendo Life for being full of deluded youngsters, but this thread would put most of that community to shame.
    To be fair, it hasn't moved on because there really isn't anywhere to move on to yet. When new games come out, that goes in the appropriate game thread. There's nothing new to add, really. The people that enjoy using it have stated why, and the people that don't want one have also stated why. That's pretty much all there is to post, so we do it repeatedly.

So really this thread should just die, until there's actually something new to post, such as information on a system update, or maybe eShop updates if there isn't a thread (though Blerk gets most of them now).

Sure, it is a bit tiring when people start posting offensive stuff such as calling people idiots for enjoy it, but that's pretty rare, and even when it has happened it's usually Deckard which doesn't even count ;)

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Cappy 25 Mar 2013 12:50:39 11,925 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This discussion is both useful and healthy.

It's a pity it didn't happen for the Wii, when I finally got my hands on the wondrous motion controller I found that it took away more than it brought to the party and it was a surprise because all the while certain people had vociferously stifled any honest debate on the merits of the Wii Remote as a controller and threads had descended into open warfare.

The Wii Remote worked perfectly, anybody who said different was a troll. That's not a very useful position in terms of honestly informing people.

When I finally got a Wii and started having problems with lag and the totally unergonomic nature of the controller, just mentioning it brought out one of the attack dogs. Posters shouldn't be seeking to shut down discussion just because it's not what they want to hear.

It's already been attempted in this thread with the ridiculous assertion that this should be a thread just for positive impressions of the Wii U.
  • LeoliansBro 25 Mar 2013 12:59:07 44,118 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:

It's because there's nothing else to discuss about the WiiU.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• spindle9988 25 Mar 2013 13:09:18 3,586 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The points above state there is nothing else to discuss aprt from how good or how shit it is. If you want positive glowing reviews I am sure nintendo has a forum.
    I was temtped to get one but realised I would be paying a big price for something that just about manages current gen. I do really want to pay MH tho but even someone like me who is normally an early adopter, will not be paying 300 plus for the privelage
  • neilka 25 Mar 2013 13:20:24 15,907 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecosse tried to force something down my throat but I'm fairly sure it wasn't his beliefs.

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• Armoured_Bear 25 Mar 2013 13:28:28 10,977 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hey Trolltards,

Youíre right, the Wii U is shite.
    Itís a waste of money.
    It has no games.
    Itís less powerful than a SNES.
    Weíre all deluded muppet fanboys, any enjoyment of the console is a figment of our imagination brought on by Lunatic Early Adopter Syndrome.
    Youíre much smater than us, the cleverness you display in pointing this stuff out to us every 5 mins emphasizes the point.
    We get it, really.

Can you now STFU and stop repeating the same tiresome shit over and over and over.
    Thanks.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• nickthegun 25 Mar 2013 13:30:54 59,854 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This guy gets it.

• Zizoo 25 Mar 2013 13:31:24 8,371 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Hey Trolltards,

Itís a waste of money.
    It has no games.
    Weíre all deluded muppet fanboys, any enjoyment of the console is a figment of our imagination brought on by Lunatic Early Adopter Syndrome.
    Youíre much smater than us, the cleverness you display in pointing this stuff out to us every 5 mins emphasizes the point.
    We get it, really.

Can you now STFU and stop repeating the same tiresome shit over and over and over.
    Thanks.
  • neilka 25 Mar 2013 13:31:50 15,907 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Itís a waste of money.
    It has no games.
    A good, reasonable post.

• LeoliansBro 25 Mar 2013 13:32:21 44,118 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    [Blackadder]Yes, pay no attention to the nasty man :([/Blackadder]

• RyanDS 25 Mar 2013 13:34:36 9,349 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Hey Trolltards,

Itís a waste of money.
    It has no games.
    We get it, really.

Thanks.
    Fair points. Apart from it is more powerful than a SNES,.
  • LeoliansBro 25 Mar 2013 13:42:30 44,118 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To be fair, the 'tiresome shit' is, in the absence of any news on the WiiU, the only thing keeping this thread on the front page.

Ignominy or obscurity? I'd ask which ecosse prefers, but he's made that clear a loooong time ago.

• RobTheBuilder 25 Mar 2013 13:46:37 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    To be fair, when Nintendo do start releasing some games there'll be more to talk about!
  • mrpon 25 Mar 2013 13:58:51 28,893 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I haven't got one, nor played on one so not sure on the "is shite" line.

As for "waste of money", yes I do agree with you on this especially as the majority of games are available on other platforms I own and cheaper. This would nark me, if I had bought one.

"It has no games" - disagree on this, although see point two above.

"Itís less powerful than a SNES" - disagree, from what I've read.

"Weíre all deluded muppet fanboys..." - like I mentioned above, it would nark me daily playing on a game I can buy for cheaper elsewhere. The games that are not available elsewhere do not warrant (at present) me forking out the current console cost.

"You're much smarter..." - I agree.

Cheers.

Give yourself £5 or Ĺ gig, you're worth it.

• neilka 25 Mar 2013 14:31:14 15,907 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    STFU mrpon you Trolltard

• Bremenacht 25 Mar 2013 14:37:17 18,190 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So, what about the Wii U eh?

What about it?

I hear it's not selling much and hasn't got any stand-out titles yet.

Not sure about that price either. Seems a bit high to me.
  • Bremenacht 25 Mar 2013 14:37:47 18,190 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hear it has a 'dashboard' too, which is a useful thing.
  • Bremenacht 25 Mar 2013 14:39:38 18,190 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also hear that you can buy it in two different colours - white of black, which is a good, reasonable choice of colours, if you accept that white and black are actual colours rather than the polar absence of colour.
  • kalel 25 Mar 2013 14:42:02 87,564 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Hey Trolltards,

Itís a waste of money.
    It has no games.
    We get it, really.

Thanks.
    You don't own this thread, and you don't get to dictate what the topic of conversation is. You can carry on moaning to mods about it if you like, but they'll continue to ignore you as no rules are being broken (apart from perhaps you referring to people who you disagree with as "trolltards").
  • nickthegun 25 Mar 2013 14:44:24 59,854 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He sometimes makes me wonder if its not been his mission to make people hate nintendo all along.

• beastmaster 25 Mar 2013 14:45:40 11,408 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Hey Trolltards,

Itís a waste of money.
    It has no games.
    We get it, really.

Thanks.
    You don't own this thread, and you don't get to dictate what the topic of conversation is. You can carry on moaning to mods about it if you like, but they'll continue to ignore you as no rules are being broken (apart from perhaps you referring to people who you disagree with as "trolltards").
    :-)

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• JuanKerr 25 Mar 2013 15:00:48 36,246 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    He sometimes makes me wonder if its not been his mission to make people hate nintendo all along.
    If that is his mission, he's fucking good at it.

Edited by JuanKerr at 15:01:30 25-03-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 25 Mar 2013 15:39:59 10,977 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Hey Trolltards,

You°¶re right, the Wii U is shite.
    It°¶s a waste of money.
    It has no games.
    It°¶s less powerful than a SNES.
    We°¶re all deluded muppet fanboys, any enjoyment of the console is a figment of our imagination brought on by Lunatic Early Adopter Syndrome.
    You°¶re much smater than us, the cleverness you display in pointing this stuff out to us every 5 mins emphasizes the point.
    We get it, really.

Thanks.
    The trolltards aren°¶t people who disagree with me, there°¶s actually nothing wrong with that Éļ
    I don°¶t have the slightest problem with someone criticising the shit aspects of the Wii U (underpowered, no analogue controllers, poor battery, lack of games, slow OS, no Ethernet), none whatsoever.
    The °ßtrolltards°® are the people who repeat the same point over and over and over and over again and have the flabbergasting arrogance in having a go at people who dare to enjoy their purchase.
    It°¶s nothing to do with what I want, plenty of people in the thread are fed up with it and have said so.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• neilka 25 Mar 2013 15:46:51 15,907 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecosse's fury transcends the ASCII character set.

• nickthegun 25 Mar 2013 15:48:50 59,854 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Even his keyboard hates him.

• Page

of 1362 First / Last