Wii U Page 558

• Page

of 1357 First / Last

• Armoured_Bear 20 Mar 2013 12:40:32 10,585 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have Deus X sitting in my Steam Library unplayed and it only cost a fiver or less so I won't be going for that, NFS looks nice but I don't get enough enjoyment out of racing games for it to be worthwhile.

As someone mentioned, these ports are fine for Wii owners who have made the upgrade to Wii-U but not of that much interest to anyone else unless they have been substantially improved in terms of visuals, controls and content.
    Maybe NFS qualifies in that regard...

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• DFawkes 20 Mar 2013 12:40:47 22,794 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    My problem with that would be that you can buy all of the games you mention for the price of one of the Wii U ports. I just wouldnt be able to get past that.
    Agreed, they're farily pointless if you have another HD console. They're already settling at better prices though. Not great ones, obviously, but you can get most current ports for £20, give or take.

As for the new ones, hopefully they should get cheap quickly. Hopefully.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• treegreen 20 Mar 2013 12:43:22 103 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @nickthegun

Haha. You are actually right. You can buy all of those games here in Australia for ~$60.

Or... you can buy Mass Effect 3 on wiiu for $100. Mental.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Mar 2013 13:14:48 10,585 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Deus Ex info

• Deleted user 20 March 2013 13:25:59
    "...a graphical polish that could only be achieved on the Wii U."

Almost spat my coke all over the monitor.
  • ecureuil 20 Mar 2013 13:27:32 76,726 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Any word on the loading times on the Wii U version of Deus Ex? That's the most important thing.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Mar 2013 13:35:32 10,585 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    "...a graphical polish that could only be achieved on the Wii U."

Almost spat my coke all over the monitor.
    If referring to consoles only, why not?

• Armoured_Bear 20 Mar 2013 13:35:50 10,585 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Any word on the loading times on the Wii U version of Deus Ex? That's the most important thing.
    Is it really bad on the other versions?

• Deleted user 20 March 2013 13:37:21
    Doesn't say consoles anywhere. I played it on PC like any self respecting Deus Ex fan.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Mar 2013 13:39:50 10,585 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    SHitloads of details in EG Interview

• ecureuil 20 Mar 2013 13:50:29 76,726 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    I made this post just after I finished the game.
  • nickthegun 20 Mar 2013 13:55:36 59,487 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, I think i wrote something similar. One of the reasons I went guns blazing in the end was because I couldnt be arsed to keep reloading. IIRC it was 45 seconds per reload which, after the 10th time you are spotted, makes you want to smash things.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Armoured_Bear 20 Mar 2013 13:56:13 10,585 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    Fuck me, that sounds bad!

• kalel 20 Mar 2013 18:26:50 87,000 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Talk of completely re-designing all the boss battles on Deus Ex so that they are in the same style of the rest of the game is extremely encouraging. That could potentially turn what was a flawed gem into a genuine classic.

If it's true and they've done a good job, then that's more than a port really. Not enough reason to get a WiiU, but I'd certainly consider replaying it if I did have one.
  • RyanDS 20 Mar 2013 18:29:46 9,255 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Same as Batman though.

Sony have given it away free with PS+. And as much as I would like to replay I just can't justify paying for it.

Well not if it is more than £5 really.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Mar 2013 18:44:09 10,585 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Talk of completely re-designing all the boss battles on Deus Ex so that they are in the same style of the rest of the game is extremely encouraging. That could potentially turn what was a flawed gem into a genuine classic.

If it's true and they've done a good job, then that's more than a port really. Not enough reason to get a WiiU, but I'd certainly consider replaying it if I did have one.
    I'll wait for the reviews but I'm quite interested in this too as in games like this I like to play stealthily so the old boss battles would be a real pain in the arse.
    I'll try it on PC and if I like the first hour or so I'll hang off for the WiiU version at a decent price, if they are true to their word.

• DFawkes 20 Mar 2013 18:59:45 22,794 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I do hope the changes are as good as they potentially sound. Hopefully we might even see them on PC too. Not that I have it on PC, but it seems the one that'd be most practical to update should they chose to.

• addyb 20 Mar 2013 20:04:12 1,046 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've not played darksiders 2 or batman AC yet. I have the latter via PS+ so like others can't bring myself to pay the prices when I have one of them for free and forgive me if I'm wrong isn't darksiders 2 less than a tenner on other platforms now?
  • Raiko101 20 Mar 2013 21:33:10 6,219 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I bought Arkham Asylum for £18, brand new. I don't have a playstation, so can't get it for free. Can't say it hasn't been worth the price though.

I'll pay a little more for ports for the Wii U, if they're good games and have a little more content. I'm naturally going to support a platform i'm happy with. I'm not paying £50 for any retail game though. Even £40 is too much. £35 brand new, i'm in. If i'm really interested.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• ecureuil 20 Mar 2013 21:41:01 76,726 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    Fuck me, that sounds bad!
    It is. Only time in recent memory that the loading times for a game have annoyed me. The Wii U version sounds great but if the loading isn't faster then it's a deal breaker for me.
  • Sid-Nice 20 Mar 2013 22:50:08 15,852 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Deus Ex info
    I'll buy it if you get the gloves to go with it.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Sid-Nice 20 Mar 2013 23:14:35 15,852 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    I've not played darksiders 2 or batman AC yet. I have the latter via PS+ so like others can't bring myself to pay the prices when I have one of them for free and forgive me if I'm wrong isn't darksiders 2 less than a tenner on other platforms now?
    I picked up Darksiders 2 for £14.95 from Zavvi; Batman Armoured Edition can be bought for around £18 yet some online retailers are still trying to charge £49.99 for these titles.

It would make common sense if publishers/distributors priced ports of old software accordingly; every new hardware launch suffers the same fate. There is little or no incentive to pay twice the price for the same game; yet publishers claim “We are disappointed with software sales on the Wii U.”

I can’t see this scenario changing with the arrival of the PS4 and new Xbox; will the next generation Watch Dogs be worth £59.99, when possibly the definitive version (PC) is in the bargain bin for £15.99?

NNID Sid-Nice

• addyb 21 Mar 2013 00:59:51 1,046 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    addyb wrote:
    I picked up Darksiders 2 for £14.95 from Zavvi; Batman Armoured Edition can be bought for around £18 yet some online retailers are still trying to charge £49.99 for these titles.

It would make common sense if publishers/distributors priced ports of old software accordingly; every new hardware launch suffers the same fate. There is little or no incentive to pay twice the price for the same game; yet publishers claim “We are disappointed with software sales on the Wii U.”

I can’t see this scenario changing with the arrival of the PS4 and new Xbox; will the next generation Watch Dogs be worth £59.99, when possibly the definitive version (PC) is in the bargain bin for £15.99?
    Well to be fair I've got a massive ps3 backlog so by the time I get round to batman and darksiders I would imagine they will be around the £10 mark.
  • Sid-Nice 21 Mar 2013 01:14:24 15,852 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I want to support third party software on the Wii U as much as possible; but I've played Batman to death on the PS3, and the majority of the early ports do not justify a purchase. I will however be buying NFSMWU and I'm contemplating buying BLOPS II for £29.99 at Grainger Games, also I'll be getting Lego City which will do me until Pikmin 3 arrives.

NNID Sid-Nice

• addyb 21 Mar 2013 01:27:06 1,046 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't tend to buy games now. Or should I say new releases. These I get via lovefilm. It depends on whether i think its a keeper. As a rule I never tend to keep games once I'm done with them so makes more sense for me to just rent them these days. I want to play Lego city and have spoke to lovefilm about it missing from there catalogue so will see If they get that added.

I will more than likely buy pikmin 3 though. :)
  • spamdangled 21 Mar 2013 10:43:25 27,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hurrah! Monster Hunter has arrived :)

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 21 March 2013 10:57:14
    Hope you enjoy it. I'll have to wait until payday I feel.

I'll probably take a chance on Lego City too.
  • midi82 21 Mar 2013 11:09:20 671 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hopefully it will be waiting for me when I get home. It also nicely coincides with a couple of days off that I have to use before the end of March. Those Great Jaggi's better watch out
  • DFawkes 21 Mar 2013 11:14:39 22,794 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What with some pre-orders on the way, and no other Wii U owner here having an interest in the Warriors series, I should receive Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper today.

Hopefully it shouldn't be too unplayable - some reviews I've read (even one from a Warriors fanboy) found it to be a very weak port. Given some of the editions I've played I know Omega Force aren't the best at optimising their games so I have no doubt it will be bad, but I do love cutting through swarms of peons :)

Co-op sounds awesome too, with a screen each.

• thegofp 21 Mar 2013 11:19:42 169 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @RyanDS I got Arkham City for £15 on Wii U... considering how much the DLC on PS costs (as you don't get it with PS+), it was a good deal. The Wii U version isn't much better in any way (off-screen gaming I guess), but it's still great overall.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was delayed for me because of 'supplier issues'. Not happy.
  • Page

of 1357 First / Last