Wii U Page 551

• Page

of 1407 First / Last

• nickthegun 17 Mar 2013 18:08:36 61,286 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its actually more like Newcastle United stopping showing games exclusively on NUFCTV and then letting sky show them, if you want a footballing analogy.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Syrette 17 Mar 2013 18:15:21 44,208 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Reaction: Doom and Gloom Merchants on Wii U Being Nintendo's Last Home Console

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/reaction_doom_and_gloom_merchants_on_wii_u_being_nintendos_last_home_console
    How would you react to a statement like "Newcastle United will be relegated and this will be their last foray in the Premier League and Europe?"
    Why are you getting personal? All I did was paste the link and the headline. Didn't share my opinion on that piece or anything so I DON'T see the point in your analogy.

Edited by Syrette at 21:39:00 17-03-2013

• Sid-Nice 17 Mar 2013 20:00:22 15,851 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Reaction: Doom and Gloom Merchants on Wii U Being Nintendo's Last Home Console

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/reaction_doom_and_gloom_merchants_on_wii_u_being_nintendos_last_home_console
    How would you react to a statement like "Newcastle United will be relegated and this will be their last foray in the Premier League and Europe?"
    Why are you getting personal? All I did was paste the link and the headline. Didn't share my opinion on that piece or anything so I see the point in your analogy.

I'm not getting personal; it was a hypothetical quote in comparison to a bullshit article and Newcastle United means more to me than any bit of plastic.

The video gaming press/industry as a whole seems to feel because Nintendo got lucky with the Wii; they donít deserve success with their follow up console the Wii U. Even Nintendo shareholders would like to see the company go software only and make a quick buck by launching games on iOS and Androids.

Nintendo are not without fault concerning the Wii U situation; the name, poor advertising, the price and the lack of a major first party launch title, has a lot to do with the Wii U getting off to a bad start. Without a system seller a system wonít sell. Nintendo launched the Wii as a one trick pony and didnít have much on offer in the first party software department during the launch period.

Nintendo neglected their fan base and were content in receiving royalties from shovel-ware for the Wii rather than develop games. Most of the Nintendo hate has been self-inflicted mainly through arrogance. The current best looking Wii U game launches on Friday; the game (Need for Speed Most Wanted U) doesnít even appear on the official UK website release schedule.

Thereís a downward trend in video game/console sales and even though games like dead Space and Tomb Raiders have had record breaking launches; internationally the market is down 26% from the same period last year. Christmas 2013 and early 2014 will be an important time for Nintendo and the Wii U. A £199.99 Wii U might look better value against a £400 PS4; than it currently does almost double the price of the current generation consoles.

NNID Sid-Nice

• mal 17 Mar 2013 23:06:20 22,828 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Er, but the linked article is a fanboyish response to a statement in GamesTM, suggesting the Wii U could be Nintendo's last console. So pointing out the small-mindedness of that statement has already been done for you, and then some.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• ResidentKnievel 17 Mar 2013 23:08:01 6,289 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm also sad that Nintendo lost to Wigan today

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• DFawkes 17 Mar 2013 23:21:38 24,047 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To be fair, the original statement that they quote from GamesTM was a bit misguided - if it's genuine at all. Of the multitude of reasons the Wii U might not be a success, Android isn't really one of them. It'll be something to watch out for in the future, for sure (especially for whatever their next handheld is), but not really something that'll trouble the Wii U. I think we've been over the real issues in this very thread many times ;)

Nothing that warrants a whole article in response though, with 3 people making statements. The response does raise a couple of good points, drowned in a lot of waffling. But they're really points not worth making because they did the usual fanboy thing of picking on a single sentence in the original article. I'm betting that the GamesTM article actually has a few far better points that they just ignored.

Edited by DFawkes at 23:22:56 17-03-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Sid-Nice 17 Mar 2013 23:38:04 15,851 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mal wrote:
    Er, but the linked article is a fanboyish response to a statement in GamesTM, suggesting the Wii U could be Nintendo's last console. So pointing out the small-mindedness of that statement has already been done for you, and then some.
    Sorry I didn't read the pathetic fanatic comments in response to the Game TM article; but I do know that Nintendo will be around far longer than Games TM whose circulation is down 16% from the previous year; if it wasn't for the internet only 15K would have read it.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Jazzy_Geoff 17 Mar 2013 23:45:44 7,782 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    so? I'm sure there are some right cunts, as yet unborn, that will live on after I'm dead. That doesn't make them better than me.
  • Sid-Nice 18 Mar 2013 01:12:59 15,851 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I can't disagree with you there. ;)

NNID Sid-Nice

• treegreen 18 Mar 2013 10:34:40 109 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If anyone was wondering, Chasing Aurora really is as bad as most reviews make it out to be. The fact that there are framerate issues in there as well is deeply disturbing.
  • Deleted user 18 March 2013 10:40:15
    Demo seemed lightweight for sure. Couple of discounts this week on eshop along with the digital release of MH3U and NFSMW.

I'll link the CVG article.
  • Deleted user 18 March 2013 10:41:06
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/396462/wii-u-game-sale-on-eshop-this-week/

Here it is.
  • Gambit1977 18 Mar 2013 10:45:46 10,384 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/396462/wii-u-game-sale-on-eshop-this-week/

Here it is.
    That's a sale??? :lol:
  • Deleted user 18 March 2013 10:50:19
    Not spectacular but then again it's no worse than Microsoft's Game On Demand prices now is it?
  • CharlieStCloud 18 Mar 2013 10:52:22 5,526 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    Not spectacular but then again it's no worse than Microsoft's Game On Demand prices now is it?
    Fairly bad timing to say that after their rather excellent Games on Demand sale a couple of weeks ago ... and there is that small matter of the pitiful space on the generous 8GB hard drive, hey?
  • Deleted user 18 March 2013 11:16:33
    One sale? I've grabbed some bargains before on Live but it's not a regular occurance is it?

The meagre hard drive space is indeed a bigger issue, one that shouldn't have been an issue. I mean, how expensive would it really have been to have a decent sized hard drive?
  • nickthegun 18 Mar 2013 11:18:55 61,286 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The same as putting a bigger battery in the gamepad. I suppose all of these things were death by a thousand cuts for the profitability.

Bigger drive here, better battery there.. it all adds up.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• atomicjuicer 18 Mar 2013 11:58:56 309 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    While I'm not currently interested in the wii u, I seem to remember similar discussions after the n64 - Sony et al were using cd, Nintendo was still stuck on limited carts which could never do final fantasy 7 style games etc. and no one anticipated the success of the wii.

If Nintendo bring the games (and they should because their offerings for wii were poor) then ill probably pick one up. I'm not keen on the big controller but I like 1080p Nintendo gaming. Maybe they'll have a decent Metroid or starfox or fzero...
  • Deleted user 18 March 2013 12:25:28
    Exactly, Nintendo have a wealth of fantastic and fresh franchises to draw on that will prove the Wii U to be the greatest console of its generation. I know they haven't been announced but we know they won't let us down.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 18 Mar 2013 12:31:29 7,782 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    despite all my bitching I probably would buy one if traditional-style metroid and zelda games were released. If they bring out a skyward sword follow-up I'm not interested though. I really wish the NSMB francise had been better handled as well. A proper SMB3/World style game would be amazing but the style they have gone for just doesn't do it for me.
  • beastmaster 18 Mar 2013 12:35:52 11,968 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What happened with Lego City? Anyone got it?

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 18 March 2013 12:38:32
    Yes, it's a wonderful and magical gaming experience that should be played by everyone with a soul.
  • Kay 18 Mar 2013 12:40:02 17,966 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    A proper SMB3/World style game would be amazing but the style they have gone for just doesn't do it for me.
    I thought that's exactly what they had done with the latest Wii U one (according to reviews)? Unless you're talking about the art design.
  • Cappy 18 Mar 2013 12:40:30 12,115 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've already unlocked the Lego Brothel.
  • Progguitarist 18 Mar 2013 12:42:37 10,532 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, for what it's worth I think Wii U is a nice little system. The gamepad is pretty nifty. I expected the lack of multi-touch to be an issue but it doesn't seem to be an issue so far.
  • CharlieStCloud 18 Mar 2013 13:50:02 5,526 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is Aargh being sarcastic in his last two posts?

... I cannot tell!

I suggest everyone who doesn't yet have Little Inferno to download it this week. Probably the best game on the Wii U!
  • LeoliansBro 18 Mar 2013 14:03:48 44,955 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:

Sorry I didn't read the pathetic fanatic comments in response to the Game TM article; but I do know that Nintendo will be around far longer than Games TM whose circulation is down 16% from the previous year; if it wasn't for the internet only 15K would have read it.
    I too am glad that this is down to a straight race for survival between Games TM and Nintendo, and I agree the internet is increasingly irrelevant in modern games journalism.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Sid-Nice 18 Mar 2013 14:46:16 15,851 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @beastmaster The game launches on the 28th of March.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Rodpad 18 Mar 2013 15:13:23 2,093 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    I know they haven't been announced but we know they won't let us down.
    How do you know this?
  • Bremenacht 18 Mar 2013 16:25:16 19,653 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Because Nintendo have never let anyone down.
  • Page

of 1407 First / Last