Wii U Page 550

• Page

of 1343 First / Last

• CharlieStCloud 15 Mar 2013 17:35:41 5,011 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The only two consoles, ever, that I think looks great is the GameCube and PSone.

None of the Xboxes look nice to me.
  • ecureuil 15 Mar 2013 17:36:54 76,465 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    The fucking shiznit
    Looks great in marketing photographs, but it's actually a bit of a monstrosity. Doesn't help that it's twice the size of a normal Gamecube, something that isn't obvious from the release images.
  • javvyman 15 Mar 2013 17:37:45 706 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Too bad the controller was grey and not chrome.
    Come to think of it, if the controller was gold chrome, it would look like the Star Wars 360, only better.

I'd probably be the first to put an order down for a proper, premium, chrome console.
  • spamdangled 15 Mar 2013 17:37:50 27,269 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I really have went off the way the Wii-U looks, it's just so conservative and devoid of personality. Give me Panasonic Q bling anytime.
    I sort of think that's meant to be the point, that it just blends in under the telly. I don't mind it. It's not good, it's not bad. it's just ok.

Not a patch on the Gamecube design though, that's for sure.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• ronuds 15 Mar 2013 17:38:28 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Q reminds of a blinged out toaster.
  • spamdangled 15 Mar 2013 17:39:45 27,269 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It looks like something you'd get in the stereo section of Bright House.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• javvyman 15 Mar 2013 17:40:06 706 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I once dropped my GC down a flight of stairs, it survived. True story.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 17:40:21
    I'm not very happy that people like ecosse are allowed in this thread to criticise the design of the Wii U. He's been doing nothing but posting negative opinions for the last few pages, like it wants to get a reaction out of others.

It's just not on. The Wii U is a brilliantly designed toy and its core market love it.
  • Psychotext 15 Mar 2013 19:33:33 53,759 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Long console is loooooooooooooooooong.

(I still quite like the Panasonic Gamecube... but then I have a similar style micro hi-fi)
  • RobTheBuilder 15 Mar 2013 19:45:23 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud The silver and orange gamecubes looked fantastic. The purple ok, the black tacky.

Psone looked great at the time, felt futuristic.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 20:02:06
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    You guys write what you think of the WiiU. I write what I think.

The difference is, my opinion is supported by plenty of evidence as to the failure of this console and yours tends to be wishful thinking and optimism.
    This evidence? Fun is not an objective concept.

And entitlement? You have no entitlement, you pay your money and you gets what you gets. You got burned, and to a certain degree I agree with your points.

However, the general public really don't care for figures or a relaunch. If Nintendo relaunch people actually might know about it this time.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 20:09:55
    ronuds wrote:
    It's just incredibly poor on Nintendo's part to release a console that needs ad-ons to download one of the first titles people have been looking forward to.

Plus, if this is mainly for kids, how many of those do they think are going to run out and buy an external hard drive?

What this tells me is that Nintendo isn't taking downloadable games seriously.
    Totally agree. It's ridiculous how small they went.

I guess having an external hard drive isn't the end of the world but the UI and load times are already poor, isn't this going to excacerbate the situation?

Maybe this gen they don't see online only purchases as entirely feasible for them and will follow everyone else with their next console.

They are definitely going for a different audience than the other consoles, the WiiU is a far more social console as to the darkened room online gamer. Every thing they're doing confirms this.

I just think that most people on a gaming forum are the latter. Nintendo will gain traction once they attract the former. That's their biggest error so far and one not impossible to improve. Their total lack of communication. The console itself is pretty good in my opinion. It's fun, it offers something a bit different and has potential. It has issues but so has every launch in the history of man.

They will not let this fail, it's a mainstream console not the aside that was the virtual boy.

Edited by AdamAsunder at 20:16:10 15-03-2013

Edited by AdamAsunder at 20:18:10 15-03-2013
  • RobTheBuilder 15 Mar 2013 20:10:18 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They'll wait for the first big big game and promote alongside that I think.
    For all it's flaws I think it would be a shame to see it bomb.

Now Sony and MS can copy the separate screen it kind of weakened the WiiU's position in a way that needs good games to overcome.
  • Sid-Nice 15 Mar 2013 20:36:49 15,852 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    When the Xbox 360 launched my baby was there.

When the Wii U launched my baby was still there.

NNID Sid-Nice

• malloc 15 Mar 2013 20:57:41 2,297 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nice carpet.
  • macmurphy 15 Mar 2013 21:14:07 999 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nearly bought one of those Panasonic things in Japan when I was staying with a mate. Was worried about Japanese games being in Japanese. Was it multi region, don't think it was? Anyway it was beautiful. But yeah, the cube was a great looking bit of kit, the UI was nice too. Kind of sums up Nintendo, just a simple cube for games. With a shit modem and fucked up online and no DVD player.

Still probably my favourite console though. And eight player Mariokart, and four player Donkey Konga, were epic.
  • Sid-Nice 15 Mar 2013 22:02:26 15,852 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    malloc wrote:
    Nice carpet.
    I have it in Brown too and matching throughout. :)

NNID Sid-Nice

• Deleted user 16 March 2013 00:21:16
    I remember those Panasonic Gamecube things. What did it do apart from play DVDs? Looks really cool.

I heard there were a few N64DDs in the wild. I'd totally forgot about that. Anyone get their hands on one?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 16 Mar 2013 10:20:53 37,294 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago

Edited by MrTomFTW at 10:23:06 16-03-2013

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• DaM 16 Mar 2013 10:52:34 12,877 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @CharlieStCloud The silver and orange gamecubes looked fantastic. The purple ok, the black tacky.

Psone looked great at the time, felt futuristic.
    The orange one! I so nearly bought a second one, just to have it in orange. Best console ever.
  • CharlieStCloud 17 Mar 2013 09:25:04 5,011 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    When the Xbox 360 launched my baby was there.
    Gosh, the Panasonic Q is a bit of a monster!

In other news, Saints Row 4 and Dead Island: Riptide are 'skipping' the Wii U according to the developers on Nintendo Life.

... how do the folks in the comments react?

'Oh, that is really good news! Even less games for the Wii U! Saints Row and Dead Island were some of the worse games ever anyway! They only sold like, two copies ... LOL!'

I love and detest those simpletons in equal measure.
  • Syrette 17 Mar 2013 09:58:08 43,054 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Reaction: Doom and Gloom Merchants on Wii U Being Nintendo's Last Home Console

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/reaction_doom_and_gloom_merchants_on_wii_u_being_nintendos_last_home_console

• Sid-Nice 17 Mar 2013 15:21:54 15,852 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Syrette wrote:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/reaction_doom_and_gloom_merchants_on_wii_u_being_nintendos_last_home_console
    How would you react to a statement like "Newcastle United will be relegated and this will be their last foray in the Premier League and Europe?"

The reaction to Games TM article "18 November 2012 - Wii U released. Quite possibly Nintendo's last foray as a closed platform, this features 360-generation tech which won't be enough to cut it against the Android consoles." was expected.

The Games TM article was written to create a reaction to "Get a rise" from Nintendo fans; which is rather childish and what you'd expect from say "Halfwits on a games forum" and not from a gaming magazine. I can't understand the mentality of gamers and the gaming press who seem to take enjoyment in Nintendo's failings.

NNID Sid-Nice

• neilka 17 Mar 2013 15:33:54 15,613 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Android consoles?
  • neilka 17 Mar 2013 15:35:25 15,613 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It was an article about Ouya etc. so that makes a bit more sense.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 17 Mar 2013 16:23:39 37,294 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    How would you react to a statement like "Newcastle United will be relegated and this will be their last foray in the Premier League and Europe?"
    About bloody time.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• RyanDS 17 Mar 2013 16:35:38 9,050 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Syrette wrote:

The reaction to Games TM article "18 November 2012 - Wii U released. Quite possibly Nintendo's last foray as a closed platform, this features 360-generation tech which won't be enough to cut it against the Android consoles." was expected.

The Games TM article was written to create a reaction to "Get a rise" from Nintendo fans; which is rather childish and what you'd expect from say "Halfwits on a games forum" and not from a gaming magazine. I can't understand the mentality of gamers and the gaming press who seem to take enjoyment in Nintendo's failings.
    So games magazines should not report facts anymore and stick to being propaganda machines for the console makers?
  • javvyman 17 Mar 2013 16:48:14 706 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Only it's not fact is it? Just a poorly formed opinion.
  • Cappy 17 Mar 2013 16:56:40 11,826 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    In other news, Saints Row 4 and Dead Island: Riptide are 'skipping' the Wii U according to the developers on Nintendo Life.

... how do the folks in the comments react?

'Oh, that is really good news! Even less games for the Wii U! Saints Row and Dead Island were some of the worse games ever anyway! They only sold like, two copies ... LOL!'

I love and detest those simpletons in equal measure.
    But less games is good!

You can give all your love to the games you have without getting distracted, have faith in the Nintendo plan, they don't want you having too many choices and getting confused.
  • RobTheBuilder 17 Mar 2013 17:03:36 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The bitter resentment of Nintendo from some is just astounding.

The deference of them is also ludicrous, but at least that's better than outright twisted hate of a company that millions love the products of.
  • Page

of 1343 First / Last