Despite being a Wii U owner, i cant help but agree that the current financial crisis has absolutely nothing to do with the Wii U selling terribly. |
I honestly think the main reason for the Wii U's current state isnt the lack of games (although that doesnt help), its mainly down to advertising :
- I have only seen one Wii U advert on the TV in the last few months and it was terrible - it showed the Gamepad and Mario being played. It didnt mention it was a new console at all, as far as Joe Public would be able to make out it just looked like a new control pad for the Wii.
- I go into Morrisons to get my lunch, they dont even sell Wii U's or any of their games!.
- Tesco have incorporated the Wii U stuff in with the Wii stuff, all jumbled together in a big mess.
- Game have a dedicated Wii U section, but its the smallest in the shop. Also, none of the games ever get any reductions or promotions.
- It doesnt matter where you look : Magazines, bus stops, papers, billboards, etc. There is NO advertising.....anywhere.
It has, quite easily, been one of the worst console launches i've ever witnessed.
"Don't you do it, Hitler.....don't you dare fall in love with me"