Wii U Page 543

  • Page

    of 1363 First / Last

  • LeoliansBro 15 Mar 2013 10:28:43 44,225 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    I'm not saying it hasn't been an iffy launch (to be optimistic).

    I'm saying that doesn't paint anywhere near the whole picture.
    Yes but Deckard's point was that the 360 (to single out an example), which has en available for 88 months, has in every single one of those months sold more than the WiiU is selling now. That includes months when it is in direct competition with the WiiU.

    Give the price drops on the WiiU giving the consoles near price parity it's pretty damning for the WiiU. You'll say that's unfair as a comparison because the 360 has a much larger library of games, and I'll say it is fair as a comparison because that is exactly the assessment consumers are making, and that's why nobody wants a WiiU.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • spamdangled 15 Mar 2013 10:34:17 27,355 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So will it also be a fair assessment if the next Xbox/PS4 don't set the tills alight? It will we then hear the same "but it doesn't have any games yet!" assessments?

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • JuanKerr 15 Mar 2013 10:35:35 36,247 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    At this rate, Nintendo is going to have to rename it the Wii Pu!
  • nickthegun 15 Mar 2013 10:36:02 59,912 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If they have no games, that will be a fair assessment.

    If they paint the PS4 bright pink 'but its bright pink' will be a fair assessment.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • JuanKerr 15 Mar 2013 10:36:05 36,247 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You know, because 'Pu' sounds like 'poo', which is shit.
  • creepylizard 15 Mar 2013 10:37:55 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    So will it also be a fair assessment if the next Xbox/PS4 don't set the tills alight? It will we then hear the same "but it doesn't have any games yet!" assessments?
    It would only be fair if they have no games and the graphical power of a calculator
  • Ultrasoundwave 15 Mar 2013 10:37:55 3,300 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Despite being a Wii U owner, i cant help but agree that the current financial crisis has absolutely nothing to do with the Wii U selling terribly.

    I honestly think the main reason for the Wii U's current state isnt the lack of games (although that doesnt help), its mainly down to advertising :

    - I have only seen one Wii U advert on the TV in the last few months and it was terrible - it showed the Gamepad and Mario being played. It didnt mention it was a new console at all, as far as Joe Public would be able to make out it just looked like a new control pad for the Wii.

    - I go into Morrisons to get my lunch, they dont even sell Wii U's or any of their games!.

    - Tesco have incorporated the Wii U stuff in with the Wii stuff, all jumbled together in a big mess.

    - Game have a dedicated Wii U section, but its the smallest in the shop. Also, none of the games ever get any reductions or promotions.

    - It doesnt matter where you look : Magazines, bus stops, papers, billboards, etc. There is NO advertising.....anywhere.


    It has, quite easily, been one of the worst console launches i've ever witnessed.

    "The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

  • LeoliansBro 15 Mar 2013 10:38:16 44,225 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It came out one year too early and 7 years too late. It's a console nobody wants with bells and whistles nobody asked for, which falls down on functionality that's been available elsewhere for years and shows an attitude of contempt towards its target audience with systems limitations that would have been embarrassing 7 years ago. It has no games, early adopters were doubly screwed because of the instant price drop (what more evidence do you need that Nintendo misjudged the market than that?), promised releases have been delayed, revised or have just vanished, Nintendo called an early conference and then filled it with handwavy vague promises and the prospect of a game everyone's already completed coming out in a year (whoop-di-do), the day one systems update takes longer than the meagre battery life of the pointless touchscreen Fisher Price My First Ipad (which has less sophisticated tech than my two year old phone), you need to spend hundreds on extras just to get the most out of the extremely thin minigame placeholder it launched with and you need to pay extra for (Wii Sports it ain't) and what else can you play, right now? A LEGO game, a zombie corridor shooter full of repetition, a couple of ports which are cheaper and better elsewhere and have been available for longer on other consoles, and a platform game?

    THAT'S why the WiiU is a failure. The sales figures underline this, but the points above define this. Saying it's a great console that has been cruelly overlooked because the Yanks sold too many timeshares and the Greeks don't like tax doesn't change any of that.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • nickthegun 15 Mar 2013 10:39:13 59,912 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They have a replaced the Wii U demo unit with the old 360 one in my local game. Maybe nintendo are flogging them on eBay.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 10:43:50
    zzzzz
  • nickthegun 15 Mar 2013 10:44:37 59,912 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is the noise a wii u makes on standby. While gathering dust. Because it has no games.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • spamdangled 15 Mar 2013 10:45:22 27,355 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You need to pay hundreds extra to play Nintendoland?

    Explain.

    Edited by darkmorgado at 10:45:39 15-03-2013

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • nickthegun 15 Mar 2013 10:50:31 59,912 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you dont already have a Wii, you need every controller in the universe to play it.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 10:51:01
    nickthegun wrote:
    Is the noise a wii u makes on standby. While gathering dust. Because it has no games.
    Nope, you lot are getting incredibly boring now. Yes yo have a point but you keep making it endlessly.
  • nickthegun 15 Mar 2013 10:52:00 59,912 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Youre the one reacting with sound effects rather than actual points. It got the response it deserved.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • LeoliansBro 15 Mar 2013 10:53:47 44,225 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    You need to pay hundreds extra to play Nintendoland?

    Explain.
    You need:

    Four Wiimotes
    Four Wiimotion plus upgrades
    To have bought the premium version of the WiiU
    To have spent 50 on the damn game.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 10:55:07
    What's the point in actually trying to engage you? Yes, you're right but there's no need to be so gleeful about it.

    You come across as worse than fanboys. Comes across like you have massive insecurities.
  • nickthegun 15 Mar 2013 10:55:59 59,912 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I havent really said anything in this argument thus far other than to disagree with DM about the economic downturn. Dont be so sensitive.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • LeoliansBro 15 Mar 2013 10:59:18 44,225 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I see no need to leap to the defence of a console that is so clearly substandard and a company that holds its customers in such clear contempt. If we're all jolly and blinkered and pretend it's great and fun and happy and wonderful there's a chance someone will believe us and buy one of the damn things, and I don't want that on my conscience.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 11:02:03
    nickthegun wrote:
    I havent really said anything in this argument thus far other than to disagree with DM about the economic downturn. Dont be so sensitive.
    You guys turn up everytime there's bad financial news to share.

    We get it, you think the console is a waste of space.
  • quadfather 15 Mar 2013 11:02:27 12,133 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's actually the first console I've not bought. I've got every other bastard one on launch and enjoyed them, but I've had to stop at this point. Even my cider addled brain can realise it's not a success. At all.

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • roz123 15 Mar 2013 11:03:51 7,113 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Its sales increased in a month when absolutely no games were released on it? Must be due to good word of mouth.
  • LeoliansBro 15 Mar 2013 11:05:05 44,225 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also, looking at the WiiU's poor sales and saying 'Yeah but I bet the PS4 / 720 will perform poorly as well' is an odd counterargument.

    It presupposes that the pointing out of the failings of the WiiU is motivated by being a fanboy of one of those other consoles. And it doesn't address the original point in any way.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Raiko101 15 Mar 2013 11:06:12 6,305 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @LeoliansBro Your points kinda hit the mark, but you do over exagerate or twist them to fit your post. The 50 price drop hasn't really screwed anyone over. I think everyone who went out and bought a Wii U knew what they were getting themselves in for. It's been a quite few months and the year in whole isn't going to be the most lively. However, we paid full price so we could jump aboard on day one, knowing it wasn't unlikely to happen. For what it's worth, I still think the console was fairly priced. The price was never an issue. It's the lack of software releases, as you say.

    Then you talk about the games, making it painfully obvious you've played little of them and know little of them, but I think we've tread that ground before with a number of users here. The zombie corridor shooter full of repetition" and the 'extremely thin mini-game place holder' speak for themselves.

    From the sounds of things, you don't want this console anyway. If it 2014 today, the price was 100 less than launch and we had every first party release we've seen or head about thus far, and they'd all recieved critical acclaim, you'd still find a reason to say no.

    Edited by Raiko101 at 11:10:43 15-03-2013

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • javvyman 15 Mar 2013 11:06:26 709 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nickthegun ain't insecure, he's just a bitter cynical old fart who played the occasional Nintendo game when younger and has changed tastes, bitter for the fact Nintendo didn't change with him.

    Some people are worse than fanboys in here, not because they're championing other systems over the Wii U, but because you're actually making time in your days to trash the Wii U at every juncture, taking a weird pleasure in doing so, then actually having the cheek to ridicule anybody with reasonable opinion.

    I'll be the first to admit the Wii U is a disappointment, but nowhere near as bad as some people are making out (people who have not actually played the system no less)
  • nickthegun 15 Mar 2013 11:06:51 59,912 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    I havent really said anything in this argument thus far other than to disagree with DM about the economic downturn. Dont be so sensitive.
    You guys turn up everytime there's bad financial news to share.

    We get it, you think the console is a waste of space.
    Its the Wii U thread, not the Wii U is awesome thread. Im genuinely disappointed because I fancy a new console and I like nintendo games.

    I think im allowed to talk about that.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • nickthegun 15 Mar 2013 11:10:44 59,912 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    javvyman wrote:
    Nickthegun ain't insecure, he's just a bitter cynical old fart who played the occasional Nintendo game when younger and has changed tastes, bitter for the fact Nintendo didn't change with him.
    The Wii U is, other than the virtual boy, the *only* nintendo console I have never owned and probably never will.

    Think about that for a minute. 25 years as a loyal customer, pissed away in a series of incredible mis-steps. Im genuinely quite annoyed that they seem intent on committing suicide.

    And, yes, it is because nintendo havent changed with me. They havent changed with anyone, thats the problem. The market has changed and become massively more sophisticated and they havent moved with it. They are just content to sit there and pump out a new mario game every year and call it a day.

    Edited by nickthegun at 11:11:41 15-03-2013

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • Gambit1977 15 Mar 2013 11:12:35 9,652 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nick mate, do what I do...troll the wii u comments on the front page, it's always fun! YOu can't question anything Nintendo do.

    And I've got a wii u :lol:
  • Sandbox 15 Mar 2013 11:12:52 339 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pokemon Toy Game Thing!

    I do hope this comes to the UK, just looks amazing, and more Nintendo crap for me to collect! Joy!

    BTW, if you do spend 000's on Nintendoland, it's really good! Usually find that if you are a Nintendo nerd, you have friends that are too, so collecting enough controllers together should not be a problem.

    But really, don't listen to me, I spent "some money" the day Double Dash came out as I got 4 Wavebirds with it. Gotta get them all!
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 11:13:16
    See, for me the WiiU just makes a refreshing change to the years on Xbox.

    I don't feel a sense of entitlement that they should appease me. I either buy something that suits me or I don't.

    The points raised against WiiU have all been salient but it's the approach I'm questioning.
  • Page

    of 1363 First / Last

Log in or register to reply