Wii U Page 527

• Page

of 1364 First / Last

• Jazzy_Geoff 2 Mar 2013 23:46:10 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Super metroid is amazing, played it again last year.
  • Gambit1977 2 Mar 2013 23:46:57 9,777 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @neilka really? I'm sure I used a USB cable on mine.
    Pants :-( I feel like a dick now.
  • javvyman 2 Mar 2013 23:51:31 709 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Gambit1977 it's available from the stars catalogue
    Need 7000 points though! I doubt even Higgins has such an amount!
    Alternatively, buy from eBay for 50...
  • Luckyjim 2 Mar 2013 23:56:59 2,873 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sad admission: I've accumulated, over the years, 24,730 Nintendo stars :eek:
  • DFawkes 2 Mar 2013 23:57:48 23,032 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    A snes pad??? On the Wii???? With a d-pad as god intended!?! Does this work on the wiiu?
    Yep, though unfortunately it's a Club Nintendo exclusive thing, and a pricey one in points (except if you're moneybags Luckyjim). This in mine, which I have to admit I can't bring myself to unseal :p They also pop up on eBay. They plug into the Wiimote, just like the Classic Controller. That doesn't have a bad d-pad, might be worth having a look.

So just to be clear, is the cable in the Wii U box for charging the Gamepad a cable that's proprietary one end and USB the other, or proprietary straight to a 3-pin plug? Google is being surprisingly unhelpful.

Edited by DFawkes at 00:00:58 03-03-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Luckyjim 3 Mar 2013 00:01:39 2,873 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :)
  • javvyman 3 Mar 2013 00:06:50 709 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Luckyjim

Accumulated around 15000 myself, splurged on Wii points a few years ago, then had 5000 expired...

Really would have over 25000 if I actually registered half the points I came across, the last game I registered was Luigis mansion FFS!
  • DFawkes 3 Mar 2013 00:11:44 23,032 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I seem to have a lifetime total of 25960, and I have a few unregistered 3DS games, plus of course my Wii U on the way. The SNES pad was entirely funded by my 3DS game collection. I blame this on me having exceptionally poor impulse buy control, and an ability to enjoy games that are objectively terribly ;)

Club Nintendo is a good idea in theory. It'd just be nice if they could properly centralise Nintendo Network account so it's more like Live or PSN. Having the same login for the console and Club Nintendo instead of having to link them would be a nice first step, at least for new users (you'd still need a merge of some sort for existing users).

Edited by DFawkes at 00:14:30 03-03-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Sid-Nice 3 Mar 2013 01:49:35 15,851 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lego City Undercover Review.;)

NNID Sid-Nice

• Aretak 3 Mar 2013 01:52:26 10,359 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I feel like whoever told those guys that gimmick was a good idea didn't have their best interests at heart.
  • Progguitarist 3 Mar 2013 02:08:10 10,450 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Sid-Nice hehe...that was fun. Looks very good.
  • tomvangoylen 3 Mar 2013 11:56:42 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    So just to be clear, is the cable in the Wii U box for charging the Gamepad a cable that's proprietary one end and USB the other, or proprietary straight to a 3-pin plug? Google is being surprisingly unhelpful.
    Proprietary and plug, whereas the cable for a Pro Controller is proprietary and USB.
  • Gambit1977 3 Mar 2013 12:22:33 9,777 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :lol: positive message for claw handed children.

Some of The textures in the game look really good.
  • DFawkes 3 Mar 2013 12:25:58 23,032 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Awesome stuff :) Cheers for the info, better to find out now so I could've bought extension cables. As is, I'm okay.

I'm as excited as a kid at Christmas just now. I do love getting new consoles, especially with games I really want to play. I really have to stop myself buying so many games though. I'm really bad at just buying anything I even remotely fancy, but this time I will actually finish the games I get before buying more. Maybe.

Except Lego City, that doesn't count because of some reason I've yet to fabricate. That video was quite good, though I turned off the sound after a minute as it was grating a bit. Looks like there's tons to do in it.

Edited by DFawkes at 12:28:19 03-03-2013

• JinTypeNoir 3 Mar 2013 12:53:36 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Luckyjim wrote:
    @higgins78

By this logic why didn't SMG2 make SMG redundant? And you didn't answer my question about Journey.
    Since higgins isn't here, I will answer for him by transforming into his unconscious form:

First, his superego: "You're correct by that logic of course, but I will never admit it because so many loud obnoxious people on this forum get a field day out of trolling and teasing things they know will get a rise out of others and this makes me feel bad. I must compensate by writing like I have a grasp of game design that I can't really command. I don't honestly know why I like the games I do more than the competition, but I can't possibly just admit that. That would be admitting defeat. By looking like an elite expert of game design on the Internet I can compensate for a part of my preferences that I don't really understand or like and can't get any reasonable discussion about in the real world. Coming from a point of argument, your examples are rock solid and completely blow away my flimsy and weak opinions. But I just need to scream out because I love these games and I want others to love them with me. I don't actually have any confidence in what I say, because if I did, I certainly wouldn't act the way I do. I need to think of myself better by being right, but it doesn't feel right, and I don't know what to do."

Second, his ego: "Of course, that makes perfect sense. Portal and Portal 2 are games with a strong, colorful, unique aesthetic that constantly bring new challenges throughout a tightly designed adventure. However, the real value comes from the atmosphere imbued from the storyline and surrounding environmental interaction with computer AIs. This is 100% analogous to Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, because you cannot simply say 2 makes 1 obsolete by nature of the fact that the offered content is different, and enhanced by an almost perfect aesthetic. If I were to admit that Portal 2 makes Portal obsolete, then I would have to admit the same thing about Super Mario Galaxy 2. But it makes sense for neither games, because they both depend on small challenges buoyed by triumphant artistic design -- you cannot simply switch one moment for another and say it makes the past moment obsolete. That's like saying your childhood memories are obsolete because you are an adult. It's absurd. This is not simply adding more cars and tracks to a racer with the exact same engine. And of course I can't say anything about Journey, because one's connection to games like Journey is so subjective that in a case like this, it completely confounds my argument. Right now, I couldn't ever dream of having the critical faculties to tackle that game, so its best to just find a way to sidestep the whole argument."

Third his ego: "I type, therefore I bullshit. All the world's made for a Nintendo's fan rage and all the people in it merely my players. Critical abstinence makes my cock grow harder. Ask not what Nintendo can do for you, but what you can do for Nintendo. Scream or shut up, there is no talk."

Edited by JinTypeNoir at 12:54:19 03-03-2013
  • DFawkes 3 Mar 2013 13:10:44 23,032 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Or you could not mention higgins now we're finally off the subject. Just a thought ;)

I am slightly concerned Lego City/LCU (I can't decide how to shorten it) might be trying to do too much. That video showed a lot of activities outside the main story, so hopefully the main story will still have enough to it. What I wouldn't want to see is the same trick Saints Row 3 sometimes played and make side-missions into main story content. Not that I minded that too much, I love that game :)

• Mola_Ram 3 Mar 2013 13:21:36 7,437 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fucking hell JTN, you are a mad, mad bastard.

I love it.
  • JinTypeNoir 3 Mar 2013 13:26:05 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I hope Lego City is a massive success, not just because it looks charming and high quality, but because this coming generation could really, really use a reality check coming from traditional game design that recalls some of the better parts of the PS2 generation and is not trying to be the next edgy artistic statement.

DFawkes wrote:
    Or you could not mention higgins now we're finally off the subject. Just a thought ;)
    This is the first and most likely the last post I make on Professor Higgins, so I think I'm allowed at least one. Also, you know as well as I do that as soon as higgins starts replying again, the same cycle is going to restart. It's like the Middle East, but a lot easier to solve.

In any case, I wish we could fast forward 2 years from now into the future. A big part of all the unproductive talk about the Wii U is because there's not enough there when a console launches to make any definite yes or no statements on its quality these days. 2 years from now the Wii U will have solidified whatever its going to be and while it will never disappear because that's just the way of things, I imagine it will at least be easier to talk about because there will enough going on for the console where this megathread doesn't dominate the entire conversation.
  • DFawkes 3 Mar 2013 13:30:06 23,032 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know you're right enough that the cycle of higgin will start again. I just live in hope that it doesn't.

I've seen a mention of a Wii U Romance of the Three Kingdoms - do you know if there's one out in Japan? Or even incoming?

• Deckard1 3 Mar 2013 13:32:12 28,242 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd like to apologise to higgins for what I said about his head. I'm going to stay out of this thread now, I realise I've bean a bit of a cock and again I apologise to anyone I've offended. Heinz sight is a wonderful thing, and if I could go back and not type the things I said about his head then I would. Again I apologise to him, I can get a little carried away on here and sometimes I forget that there is a human bean on the other side of the monitor. Sorry again.

Edited by Deckard1 at 13:33:26 03-03-2013
  • neilka 3 Mar 2013 13:35:57 16,094 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    Luckyjim wrote:
    @higgins78

By this logic why didn't SMG2 make SMG redundant? And you didn't answer my question about Journey.
    Since higgins isn't here, I will answer for him by transforming into his unconscious form:

First, his superego: "You're correct by that logic of course, but I will never admit it because so many loud obnoxious people on this forum get a field day out of trolling and teasing things they know will get a rise out of others and this makes me feel bad. I must compensate by writing like I have a grasp of game design that I can't really command. I don't honestly know why I like the games I do more than the competition, but I can't possibly just admit that. That would be admitting defeat. By looking like an elite expert of game design on the Internet I can compensate for a part of my preferences that I don't really understand or like and can't get any reasonable discussion about in the real world. Coming from a point of argument, your examples are rock solid and completely blow away my flimsy and weak opinions. But I just need to scream out because I love these games and I want others to love them with me. I don't actually have any confidence in what I say, because if I did, I certainly wouldn't act the way I do. I need to think of myself better by being right, but it doesn't feel right, and I don't know what to do."

Second, his ego: "Of course, that makes perfect sense. Portal and Portal 2 are games with a strong, colorful, unique aesthetic that constantly bring new challenges throughout a tightly designed adventure. However, the real value comes from the atmosphere imbued from the storyline and surrounding environmental interaction with computer AIs. This is 100% analogous to Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, because you cannot simply say 2 makes 1 obsolete by nature of the fact that the offered content is different, and enhanced by an almost perfect aesthetic. If I were to admit that Portal 2 makes Portal obsolete, then I would have to admit the same thing about Super Mario Galaxy 2. But it makes sense for neither games, because they both depend on small challenges buoyed by triumphant artistic design -- you cannot simply switch one moment for another and say it makes the past moment obsolete. That's like saying your childhood memories are obsolete because you are an adult. It's absurd. This is not simply adding more cars and tracks to a racer with the exact same engine. And of course I can't say anything about Journey, because one's connection to games like Journey is so subjective that in a case like this, it completely confounds my argument. Right now, I couldn't ever dream of having the critical faculties to tackle that game, so its best to just find a way to sidestep the whole argument."

Third his ego: "I type, therefore I bullshit. All the world's made for a Nintendo's fan rage and all the people in it merely my players. Critical abstinence makes my cock grow harder. Ask not what Nintendo can do for you, but what you can do for Nintendo. Scream or shut up, there is no talk."
    Also his head looks like a bean.

Lastly, I am gay, disabled, and a liberal.

• richardiox 3 Mar 2013 13:40:47 5,611 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Funniest back to back posts ever.
  • JinTypeNoir 3 Mar 2013 13:47:50 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    I know you're right enough that the cycle of higgin will start again. I just live in hope that it doesn't.

I've seen a mention of a Wii U Romance of the Three Kingdoms - do you know if there's one out in Japan? Or even incoming?
    It's already out. It came out in December.
  • DFawkes 3 Mar 2013 13:49:47 23,032 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I bet we never see it here, though we've actually not had it all that bad for the most part. Think almost all of the ROTKs have come out here. I'll have to check out some footage now :)

• binky Moderator 3 Mar 2013 19:56:05 9,671 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Deckard1 /slap! :)
  • Progguitarist 3 Mar 2013 21:04:10 10,450 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My son and I have decided to sell our unused and unloved 360 to fund a Wii U. Lego City was the deciding factor. It looks amazing and with him being such a huge Lego fan it was the clincher.
  • zoolophage 3 Mar 2013 21:40:58 1,772 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, I am also quite looking forward to Lego City. I thought the first Harry Potter Lego game was great (although not so much the second for some reason). While Lego games have been traditionally fairly 'easy' I have really enjoyed the ones I've played. There's so much to explore and unlock that it neve really gets boring. It may not be particularly challenging but I'm not one for slaving away at very difficult games for weeks on end (like the Castlevania demo on 3DS kicked my butt). These days, I like my games joyful and creative, splattered with primary colours, humour and a few puzzles.

3DS: 2019-9957-3472

• Gambit1977 3 Mar 2013 21:42:12 9,777 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Any news on local co-op for LCU?
  • javvyman 3 Mar 2013 22:48:41 709 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Was confirmed as SP only, late last year.
    Don't thnk anythings changed since.
  • Gambit1977 3 Mar 2013 22:56:29 9,777 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :-( poo! It's the co-op in the Lego games that makes them 'work' for me.
  • Page

of 1364 First / Last