Wii U Page 525

• Page

of 1413 First / Last

• nickthegun 2 Mar 2013 19:23:22 61,348 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its more like comparing mickey mouse to a shit.

Portal is the shit.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Cappy 2 Mar 2013 19:34:31 12,119 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Other games just don't have that Nintendo magic.

The magic would be totally gone if Mario Galaxy had a decent camera, who doesn't love enemies attacking unseen from off-screen? Large environments to explore rather than cramped, tiny ones would have totally ruined it, as would anything more meaningful to do than collecting knick knacks.

I'm forever grateful that Nintendo forced me to spaz the controller pointlessly to make Mario spin, even though your motion has absolutely no effect on direction, duration or speed and could have just been a button press.

All that magic could have been lost... Like tears in the rain.
  • Bremenacht 2 Mar 2013 19:40:29 19,665 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, before I forget: please feel free to PM me as much FILTH as you like.

Why should higgins have all the FILTH, when he doesn't even appreciate it?
  • RyanDS 2 Mar 2013 19:47:20 9,859 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    binky wrote:
    I concede. You're on your own.
    On a serious point. I have a wii U and quite like it. It is like my current car. I now drive a Hyundai I10 having downgraded from a Rover 75. It is slower, lacks most of the features of my previous purchases, but nevertheless it is fun to drive and I don't regret the purchase.

On the Wii U I have some okay games, that are taking up my time, but I think it is generally underwhelming. I hope to see good stuff coming out soon, but I am not hopeful, nevertheless I am not selling it as I am interested to see what is coming up. I also have a PS Vita, 360, Mac, PS3 (most used) and ipad.

Now, whenever I come here to talk Higgins is such a fucking fanboy that when I try to post something serious, like those previous paragraphs to discuss the state of the console, I can't, as guarenteed Higgins will jump in and scream that because I don't rate Nintendo as better than anything ever I am a troll etc etc.

And so when I come into this thread I just mock him as I know talking about the actuall Wii U is pointless. I know people talk about Ecosse, but honestly I quite like Ecosse and generally have some quite good coversations with him, but Higgins is a blight on the board, and I genuinely think the sooner you ban him the sooner we can get back to discussing stuff without hyperbole ruining everything.
  • javvyman 2 Mar 2013 19:47:40 718 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Portal is incredible, Portal 2 even better. If there are actually people out the suggesting neither is magic needs to get their heads checked or stop playing games. Now.

As for MG, I really don't understand the criticism, each level is a delight, its pick up and play as well as deep and rewarding, the motion controls were barely even noticed. If you have problems with a simple flicking of a wrist, then I feel for you.
    I agree the game had too much emphasis on collecting star bits which just ended up being gimmicky, not needed. I would have preferred a better reward for collecting coins.
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Mar 2013 19:54:08 11,930 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The biggest problem with the Dashboard is the speed.
    Apart from that, there are annoyances like certain things only accessed from the home button but I quite like it, the EShop is really nice to use and overall I would prefer it by far to the 360 if there were a speed increase (supposedly coming in "spring").

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• binky Moderator 2 Mar 2013 20:19:04 9,950 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @RyanDS points duly noted, but in the mean time I urge you to ignore any user that blatantly annoys you.
  • spamdangled 2 Mar 2013 20:28:24 27,485 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It seems odd to sell a console when it is still in launch window. When was the last time a console had an amazing software library so soon in its life? We have Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter, Bayonetta 2 and the Wonderful 100 coming up, just off the top of my head. We're bound to get a 3D Mario soon, Mario Ksrt, a Smash Bros too.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Gambit1977 2 Mar 2013 20:28:33 10,384 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    binky wrote:
    I concede. You're on your own.
    On a serious point. I have a wii U and quite like it. It is like my current car. I now drive a Hyundai I10 having downgraded from a Rover 75. It is slower, lacks most of the features of my previous purchases, but nevertheless it is fun to drive and I don't regret the purchase.

On the Wii U I have some okay games, that are taking up my time, but I think it is generally underwhelming. I hope to see good stuff coming out soon, but I am not hopeful, nevertheless I am not selling it as I am interested to see what is coming up. I also have a PS Vita, 360, Mac, PS3 (most used) and ipad.

Now, whenever I come here to talk Higgins is such a fucking fanboy that when I try to post something serious, like those previous paragraphs to discuss the state of the console, I can't, as guarenteed Higgins will jump in and scream that because I don't rate Nintendo as better than anything ever I am a troll etc etc.

And so when I come into this thread I just mock him as I know talking about the actuall Wii U is pointless. I know people talk about Ecosse, but honestly I quite like Ecosse and generally have some quite good coversations with him, but Higgins is a blight on the board, and I genuinely think the sooner you ban him the sooner we can get back to discussing stuff without hyperbole ruining everything.
    Very good post and I completely agree on all counts for what it's worth.
  • spamdangled 2 Mar 2013 20:42:01 27,485 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've never had any problem with Ecosse. Higgins however... well. As RyanDS said, it's very hard to not respond to it.

Edited by darkmorgado at 20:42:32 02-03-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Armoured_Bear 2 Mar 2013 20:46:43 11,930 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's not rocket science, you don't respond, you click ignore user and forget about him.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• nickthegun 2 Mar 2013 20:53:40 61,348 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago

• javvyman 2 Mar 2013 21:04:51 718 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We get it, you're ignorant...
  • spamdangled 2 Mar 2013 21:08:37 27,485 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've actually been listening to the Wind Waker Soundtrack today. Very good it is too, but I really want to hear a "real" orchestrated version instead of a synth one.

• nickthegun 2 Mar 2013 21:14:18 61,348 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    javvyman wrote:
    We get it, you're ignorant...
    More annoying. Ignorant is probably the wrong word to use in this instance.

• DFawkes 2 Mar 2013 22:07:30 24,093 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So, after repeatedly visiting the page I bookmarked and wondering if I should just hit the Buy button, I did it. I'm now an expectant Wii U owner :)

I did go for that bundle I fancied with Assassins Creed 3, Arkham City and ZombieU. I know that if I had the option there are better versions of 2 of those, but like I keep saying (sorry for repeating myself) I can't play any of those so that's not an issue for me. Having asked people who own them, the multi-platform ones are still playable. Even Arkham City with Catwoman's bizarrely square jaw.

In fact my only real concern is about the gameplay in AC3, as a few people who loved the rest of the series as much as I do seems to be a bit down on it. It certainly looks like a different beast to the rest of the series, at least in regards to the lack of massive building. But time will tell if I'll enjoy it or not.

So I'm pretty psyched to play those 2 multiplatform games, plus ZombieU doesn't look too shabby and Nintendoland looks like a bit of harmless fun :) I probably won't be buying much eShop stuff until I know it's transferable, but there are already a few demos as far as I know.

Thanks to you lovely Wii U owners, I'm already prepared for what might be a lengthy update. Anything else I should be aware of? Anything factual, not that I'm stupid for buying something I want to own :p

Edited by DFawkes at 22:08:37 02-03-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• javvyman 2 Mar 2013 22:11:05 718 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @darkmorgado

Was thinking about this too when playing WW, really hope they orchestrate the soundtrack for the remake.
  • javvyman 2 Mar 2013 22:16:37 718 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @DFawkes be sure to make use of the 30p offers, have the charging cable handy at all times, maybe buy a screen protector (wish I had)
  • spamdangled 2 Mar 2013 22:17:01 27,485 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Now broadcasting: Press Play! 2 hours of videogame music. Tune in at www.myradiostream.com/rmr

Lots of Nintendo stuff tonight, including the Mario 64 theme, tracks from Super Metroid, Zelda and plenty more!

• Syrette 2 Mar 2013 22:17:12 44,256 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    How come Portal 1 hasn't become "redundant" then?

• Bremenacht 2 Mar 2013 22:19:12 19,665 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    I've actually been listening to the Wind Waker Soundtrack today. Very good it is too, but I really want to hear a "real" orchestrated version instead of a synth one.
    Where d'ya get it from? I love the music on the attract screen. I'm usually quite untouched by game music but I find Wind Waker and AC2 quite evocative. Lovely stuff.
  • spamdangled 2 Mar 2013 22:21:25 27,485 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Where d'ya get it from? I love the music on the attract screen. I'm usually quite untouched by game music but I find Wind Waker and AC2 quite evocative. Lovely stuff.
    Import, or you can rip it from the disc with the right software.

Just played Ocean on the radio, I have Outset Island coming up acutally.

• Bremenacht 2 Mar 2013 22:21:58 19,665 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    It's not rocket science, you don't respond, you click ignore user and forget about him.
    Doesn't really work. You just see half or less of a conversation going on, and have no idea if someone's responding to the ignore person or someone else.
  • Bremenacht 2 Mar 2013 22:22:33 19,665 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /stealth "I ignore people too!" post
  • DFawkes 2 Mar 2013 22:23:50 24,093 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    javvyman wrote:
    @DFawkes be sure to make use of the 30p offers, have the charging cable handy at all times, maybe buy a screen protector (wish I had)
    See, I never even considered a screen protector. That's a handy piece of advice as a replacement pad will be on the pricey side, and it's better to fit one now instead of when it's all finger grease. I take it it's not like some electronics with a protective cover on it in the packaging then?

I'm not even that fussy about F-Zero, but at 30p it'd be rude not to - I can hardly spend all this money on a console then grumble at pocket change for a decent SNES game :)

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• javvyman 2 Mar 2013 22:25:05 718 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @higgins78 Call of Duty games, Assassins Creeds, most shooters are "throwaway" experiences. Portal 2 built on Portal, bettered it OK, but Portal is still just as relevant.
    In fact, it is has probably become more relevant because of the second, something you cannot say about "throwaway" sequels like the Call of Duty of his world.
    If they were to make a third, it would build on the second which built on the first significantly, but again, Portal 2 would still be regarded as a one of a kind classic.
  • spamdangled 2 Mar 2013 22:25:27 27,485 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'd give my soul for a new F Zero, but IIRC Miyamoto has explicitly said it won't happen on the WiiU as he can't think what to do with it.

• Bremenacht 2 Mar 2013 22:25:47 19,665 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    Other games just don't have that Nintendo magic.

The magic would be totally gone if Mario Galaxy had a decent camera, who doesn't love enemies attacking unseen from off-screen? Large environments to explore rather than cramped, tiny ones would have totally ruined it, as would anything more meaningful to do than collecting knick knacks.

I'm forever grateful that Nintendo forced me to spaz the controller pointlessly to make Mario spin, even though your motion has absolutely no effect on direction, duration or speed and could have just been a button press.

All that magic could have been lost... Like tears in the rain.
    Trolliest post yet? These are 2 games which both critics and fans pour praise over, both struggle to find fault. Both games sit 1st and 3rd in Gamerankings All Time list of greatest videogames ever. If you genuinely find all these issues you appear to have noticed troublesome then I simply suggest you quit gaming...
    You are such a weirdo. I didn't mind your squealing devotion when I thought you were a 12 year old, but now you make me cringe. And you fuck up this thread with your unhinged drivel.
  • Page

of 1413 First / Last