Wii U Page 514

• Page

of 1411 First / Last

• nickthegun 27 Feb 2013 16:36:16 61,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thats because by that point they had fucked themselves into oblivion. you would hope nintendo would spot the way the wind is blowing before they were unable to finance a new mario game.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• jellyhead 27 Feb 2013 16:39:14 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    According to Pachter Nintendo's war chest could allow them to keep keeping on at this level for the next 20-30 years. They're doomed!

lol

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Deleted user 27 February 2013 16:45:04
    jellyhead wrote:
    According to Pachter Nintendo's war chest could allow them to keep keeping on at this level for the next 20-30 years. They're doomed!

lol
    You fanboys really do puzzle me. Such odd sentiments.
  • jellyhead 27 Feb 2013 17:18:34 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I suppose i'll be a Sony fanboy as well when the PS4 is launched in the EU too. Sweet, dual fanboy club membership. I wonder what perks i get?

I was just recounting what Michael Pachter has said recently. With an approximate 25bn war chest they can hang on in there for a while. Of course Iwata may not survive much longer but that's a different matter.

who can tell? I'm no psychic they may go belly up next week.

• neilka 27 Feb 2013 17:21:02 16,531 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does anyone have a list of the launch titles for the FUCKTRON 5000?

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Deleted user 27 February 2013 17:22:36
    Hanging in making a loss until the funds are dry isn't a course of action anyone would take, though. Saying "they could survive for a long while and then die instantly" isn't really a counterpoint to "the WiiU looks like it's failing".
  • Youthist 27 Feb 2013 17:24:11 10,083 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You know what this thread does to folk, pointless to even try to defend your comment. You can be either a fan boy or a troll. You decide.

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• jellyhead 27 Feb 2013 17:24:36 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'd hope that at some point in that time period they'd do something to make money. They've done it before.

• Youthist 27 Feb 2013 17:27:24 10,083 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are people really expecting the Wii U not to sell enough to make money once they start to trawl out their back catalog on it?

They just need to build the games and the machine will sell to make a decent showing. No Wii, or PS2, in terms of units sold, but a Gamecube maybe. And they will just have to make do with a moderately successful console, the same way they did with Cube and N64.

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• Deleted user 27 February 2013 17:28:37
    I think it's fair to say that the overwhelming success of the Wii was pretty much a one-off event, though. If the Wii-U does fail, I would honestly be surprised to see another console from them, let alone one as radically different as the Wii.
  • Deleted user 27 February 2013 17:31:02
    Youthist wrote:
    You know what this thread does to folk, pointless to even try to defend your comment. You can be either a fan boy or a troll. You decide.
    It's not true. There's a very large and clear area between the two that most sit in, and it's fairly easy to avoid falling off either end despite a few people doing it in fairly spectacular fashion,
  • ronuds 27 Feb 2013 17:31:47 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think the NES, et al sold pretty well too. What about the Gameboy and DS?
  • RyanDS 27 Feb 2013 18:58:58 9,847 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    meme wrote:
    I think it's fair to say that the overwhelming success of the Wii was pretty much a one-off event, though. If the Wii-U does fail, I would honestly be surprised to see another console from them, let alone one as radically different as the Wii.
    I wish they would go software only. Realistically though I think the Wii U will limp along for a couple more years, abandoned more and more by both Nintendo and third party. Until in 3 years Nintendo go Handheld only and then only in Japan, abandoning the home console market entirely.. (The rest of the world moving to mobile gaming on their iPhones.)
  • neilka 27 Feb 2013 19:15:53 16,531 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    STOP PRESS: GAME MAY BE RELEASED ON WII U

• CharlieStCloud 27 Feb 2013 19:20:00 5,530 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It seems to me that Ubisoft and Warner Bros. are supporting the Wii U really well ...

... a bit of a shame other companies are not quite seeing the attraction (as much as those two do).
  • Sid-Nice 27 Feb 2013 19:22:50 15,851 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    STOP PRESS: GAME MAY BE RELEASED ON WII U
    I read this rumour 2 days ago, Jeffrey Matulef is using The Raw Meat Cowboy as his major Nintendo source. :)

Edit Wrote Ram instead of Raw.

Edited by Sid-Nice at 19:23:52 27-02-2013

NNID Sid-Nice

• neilka 27 Feb 2013 19:25:55 16,531 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecosse you mean?

• Deleted user 27 February 2013 19:48:58
    This may sound horrible, but I really think they need a reshuffle at Nintendo. The current setup makes them seem behind and incapable of adapting. It's like they live in their own bubble or something..
  • Bremenacht 27 Feb 2013 22:44:57 19,663 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Does anyone have a list of the launch titles for the FUCKTRON 5000?
    Pisswhizzer X-Bong
    Super Labia: Repongeance
    Cock! Cock! Cock!
  • DFawkes 27 Feb 2013 22:54:13 24,053 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rec wrote:
    This may sound horrible, but I really think they need a reshuffle at Nintendo.
    I thought they were reshuffling? I'm sure I read an article about them shuffling things about and integrating certain departments together. Not that it'll necessarily help.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Bremenacht 27 Feb 2013 23:03:10 19,663 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like Iwata. It'd be a shame if he had to go.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 28 Feb 2013 00:18:56 7,782 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I want the wii u to fail because it will make me feel good about myself for predicting this faliure for the last five years. I also have the following grievances

- the stars expiry scandal
    - the wii generally
    - super mario bros 25th aniversary rip-off
    - friend codes
    - not allowing blood in early SNES games
    - the 50hz debacle
    - effectively communicating their disregard for me as a loyal customer
  • DrKong 28 Feb 2013 00:34:16 4 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Why are so many gamers so full of self entitlement?

Nintendo owes you nothing. Nor do Sony or Microsoft. If you don't like what they're doing, stop buying their products. Hoping a company will fail based on some immature grudge because you were left behind while they grew up and repositioned their business to new ventures is just pathetic.

Can we talk about games now?
  • Jazzy_Geoff 28 Feb 2013 01:00:00 7,782 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hello DrKong.

I do not believe I am being at all self-entitled if I must use that hackneyed expression. I don't think Nintendo owe me anything. They must act in whatever way they feel is in the interest of their shareholders. But, if they decide that that interest lies in the frustration of their most brand-loyal customers, it's only natural that those customers will feel a certain sense of gratification when that strategy fails.

Put is this way. Say you're a man who likes a nice, hoppy traditional beer and you have a particular favourite which you drink habitually. It's a yummy beer DrKong! Mmmmm mmm mmm. Then one day the brewer decides that their market penetration isn't good enough, so they change the beer into something with less hops, more gas and with a dash of lime because that taste apparently is in fashion and has broader appeal. You'd be a bit pissed off wouldn't you? You'd probably want that new, supposedly more fashionable beer to fail. And rightly so. So why are you attacking me?

Finally we can talk about games when some games are released. Until then I think we'll just keep shitting on Nintendo.

:)

Edited by Jazzy_Geoff at 01:00:46 28-02-2013
  • bart64 28 Feb 2013 01:09:07 8 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Jazzy_Geoff I'm trying to understand where you're coming from, but I'm not seeing how Nintendo fits your beer analogy. How have they changed? I see a lot of post about how they stay they stay the same, same games, same approach, etc.
  • javvyman 28 Feb 2013 01:12:36 718 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wouldn't bother getting worked up about it. A few on here have made it a full time job to spam threads, mostly this one, with tired old flame-baiting.

As for the immature grudges angle, I don't believe the people in question have a grudge against Nintendo, just that constantly looking for ways to berate them at every turn, without even attempting to form a balanced opinion, just quite simply makes them feel good about their allegiances, preferences or whatever... Which is just getting sad really.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 28 Feb 2013 01:20:39 7,782 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They changed in 2006 when they developed their so called blue ocean marketing strategy. In a nutshell, the theory behind it was "We aren't selling enough units (after the gamecube) if we try and aim the next console at non-gamers, we might reach a larger audience at the cost of alienating our existing market". So we got this horrible, cheap gimmicky console which was pitched as a fad buy. As hoped it attracted a lot of new customers but they quickly moved onto the next fad. It also destroyed the relationship with the people who can normally be relied upon to buy everything they put out. Hence the current fiasco.
  • darrenb 28 Feb 2013 07:17:33 696 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I can't see what Nintendo did in 2006 that different to any other companies strategy when attracting new customers. Its called broadening your customer base.

If people think back to 1990 something a certain walkman manufacturer turned up and offered their shiny new box to everyone that was breathing at the time. Their strategy was very different to that of Sega who still only really targeted the traditional gamer with its marketing approach. Their plan worked and at the time millions of new "casual" gamers were born.. Funny how a lot of these see themselves as the new hardcore looking down on everyone else.

And as for the past and present 50hz gripe.. From a technical standpoint, that is hardly a manufacturers fault, it was the technology of the time.
  • spamdangled 28 Feb 2013 07:22:14 27,463 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    They changed in 2006 when they developed their so called blue ocean marketing strategy. In a nutshell, the theory behind it was "We aren't selling enough units (after the gamecube) if we try and aim the next console at non-gamers, we might reach a larger audience at the cost of alienating our existing market". So we got this horrible, cheap gimmicky console which was pitched as a fad buy. As hoped it attracted a lot of new customers but they quickly moved onto the next fad. It also destroyed the relationship with the people who can normally be relied upon to buy everything they put out. Hence the current fiasco.
    That's true to a degree, but it ignores the fact that there are in fact a truckload of very good core games on the Wii. The big problem is that the ratio of shovelware to good core games is about 5000:1, so they don't get the exposure or the sales that they deserve. I've got loads of very good games on the wii - and most of them are actually 3rd party.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 28 February 2013 07:31:45
    I'm surprised they haven't stuck some HD Wii games onto the eshop already. Seems like their missing out on that front.
  • Page

of 1411 First / Last