Wii U Page 511

• Page

of 1407 First / Last

• Jazzy_Geoff 25 Feb 2013 23:06:01 7,782 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    The main problem I have with the modern 2D Mario games, is that they have less depth and quality than ones made over twenty years ago. Mario 3, Mario World and Yoshi's Island have far more originality and innovation in them than the recent games (admittedly I've not played the WiiU one, but I imagine it's in line with the likes of the WiiU and 3DS games).
    Could not agree more. The reboot of the series has all the constituent parts of the old games but they really lack that x-factor that made the originals the best games on the market in their day. Even the graphics are just...bleh. So dull and uninspiring. I played through nsmb on the DS and I thought it was ok, bought the wii one, turned it on, had one go, just sort of sank into my chair, switched it off and traded it for Mario Galaxy 2 (same thing happend with that as well and I never bought another wii game ever again until skyward sword, which I hated). It's not proper mario. It just isn't.
  • Raiko101 25 Feb 2013 23:12:37 6,699 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @alexc7496 There's a volume slider on the top of the cpntroller.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• alexc7496 25 Feb 2013 23:17:17 1,792 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jesus there is. Thanks!!!!
  • scoobysi 26 Feb 2013 00:37:22 1,028 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    alexc7496 wrote:
    Jesus there is. Thanks!!!!
    Ha ha brilliant :)
  • Deleted user 26 February 2013 10:02:28
    Raiko101 wrote:
    For anyone interested in looking at lists of games they can't play yet, and in most cases, for a long while yet, here's a list of upcoming Wii U games in 2013. I didn't compile it, but it's more fleshed out than the list we tried coming up with on here a few weeks back.

The List!
    Hmm, going by that list the next couple of months are a bit sparse yet three games are coming out within a day of each other in March, I'm interested in all of them.

Lego City looks interesting, Monster Hunter's demo hasn't completely put me off and after choosing Horizon over it late last year I want to give Most Wanted a pop.
  • neilka 26 Feb 2013 11:02:28 16,527 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fate of console now hinging on a Lego game

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• DFawkes 26 Feb 2013 11:10:33 24,047 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I did find that a little bit strange. Why even mention how the Wii U is doing at all? They could've just used the heading "How Lego City Undercover blows the franchise wide open". It'd still have been fine!

Why add anything about the Wii U needing "saving" as if it's already this huge failure, which it really isn't (though I'll admit sales are the very definition of "meh" and some of the marketing is abysmal). Yet, at least.

It just seems such a bizarre thing to add. I fully expect them to alter all heading to mention how it'll affect sales of that console.

"Halo 4, 3, Reach, Wars sale on Xbox Live today, 360 sales will probably not be affected"
    "Every PS4 game will be available for download, could help as long as pricing is alright"

Don't get me wrong, I can understand why they did it - it's probably the easiest way to make it clear it's Wii U exclusive in the title. I have to admit it does make that much clear at a glance. Still could've managed a better spin on it though :)

Edited by DFawkes at 11:18:01 26-02-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• nickthegun 26 Feb 2013 11:18:47 61,286 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought that last Wii U game they previewed was going to save the console? The ones by those welsh dudes.

Personally, I think Wonderful 101 will save the console. Or Bayonetta 2 will save the console. If neither of them do Monster Hunter will definitely save the console.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• neilka 26 Feb 2013 11:21:16 16,527 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm sorry nick, the console is going to have to be taken out behind the barn.

The Funky Barn.

• DFawkes 26 Feb 2013 11:23:09 24,047 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You know, I've changed my mind. They should ALWAYS add how it'll save the console. It makes it rather eye catching. Plus it'll make articles easier to search for, sort of like a hashtag for Wii U articles.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• nickthegun 26 Feb 2013 11:24:10 61,286 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hastags will save the Wii U

#savethewiiu

• jellyhead 26 Feb 2013 11:33:12 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @DFawkes Fawkes, really? They put a headline like that there to fuel the fanboy flames and trolling. Start a fire and get clicks.

It's why i'm deeply cynical of pretty much everything on gaming forums these days. Every site and article is out to antagonize someone so they can grab attention and clicks. I'm bored of it all tbh.

Anyway, i bought Just Dance 4 today as it's £22 on Amazon and looks like fun for when the girlies visit :)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Sid-Nice 26 Feb 2013 11:49:10 15,851 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just Dance 4 is £19.99 at Grainger Games, Assassins Creed III is £22.99 at Smyth’s Toys, also Batman and a few other titles have a more realistic price tag than the over inflated new console £49.99 price.

NNID Sid-Nice

• neilka 26 Feb 2013 11:49:55 16,527 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There are no girlies are there jellyhead.

• DFawkes 26 Feb 2013 11:50:22 24,047 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, I know why they do it Jellyhead :) I'm just a far more positive person than that (both attitude wise and HIV) and don't like to see it. I have zero interest in Vita but it's still not nice to see articles saying just how dead it is.

Don't get me wrong, if you go to far the other way and make out like it's all rainbows and unicorns it gets just as grating. I must annoy some people with my attitude (I even got PMed about it once) but I can't help it :D Every console that's out has the potential to have great games for it. The Wii U could have a brilliant software line-up that caters to everyone this time next year. It probably won't of course, but who knows?

I don't like marzipan. Just putting that out there to make this post less happy. Or peas, processed or garden. I don't enjoy them at all.

Edited by DFawkes at 11:50:48 26-02-2013

• jellyhead 26 Feb 2013 11:52:00 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    There are no girlies are there jellyhead.
    Actually there are. Hah.
    ... not that they call over that often at the moment :(

• Deleted user 26 February 2013 11:54:51
    As ever, don't see what the big drama about the Lego headline is.
  • nickthegun 26 Feb 2013 12:00:16 61,286 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the Wii U owners are getting bent out of shape because they consider it a death sentence. Like if EG say it enough, it will become true, despite the fact that I think they intend it to actually be positive.

I just find it funny that the last two Wii U preview articles have heralded the respective games as being saviours of the console. You really know its fucked when they start doing it regularly.

• DFawkes 26 Feb 2013 12:01:30 24,047 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is no big drama. Or small drama. Or drama of any sort, as far as I can see. Just a bit of a weird choice of wording, that's all. Only a little, and as I say I can understand why they chose that wording. Just a bit tabloidy, for lack of a better word because I don't know a lot of words. I expect different from EG. That's my problem though - I really shouldn't :)

• nickthegun 26 Feb 2013 12:02:44 61,286 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It really isnt that bad at all.

• DFawkes 26 Feb 2013 12:03:11 24,047 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I agree :)

• jellyhead 26 Feb 2013 12:11:58 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No games?
    You mean no games you want?
    Because there's a few coming up that i'm very interested in and i'm enjoying the games i have at the moment too. Sorry about that to those it offends.

• alexc7496 26 Feb 2013 12:12:45 1,792 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well I picked up a premium pack yesterday with Zombi U (Just a note on that, I wanted a premium pack with Mario, Game in store don't do one and as per refused to budge on their packs forcing you to shell out £50 for Mario on it's own, maybe this would help shell a few more units, it's easty to see why they're doing it), I also picked up A Creed, Mario as stated & Sonic racing.

Set it all up last night, early impressions are great. Love the pad, being able to control the TV are nice add on's and I can see this being really well used in the future. Mario is well, Mario, Sonic racing is a surprise gem and haven't touched the others yet.

There seems to be a lot of anti Wii U feel around, yes the games line up seems light in the next few months but it was the same with the 3DS and that has turned it around. I fancy Nintendo to push on, although sales haven't been as expected they can hardly be classed as shocking. Once Mario Kart, Zelda, M Prime all hit the market they will be unit sellers.
  • jellyhead 26 Feb 2013 12:16:03 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Get Zen Pinball 2 and come and join us in the thread of everyone being better at it than me :(

• nickthegun 26 Feb 2013 12:18:31 61,286 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just cant see any way of this not being a gamecube MK.2.

Well, thats fine for me. There were [list of nintendo games] that I never got tired of playing.

• neilka 26 Feb 2013 12:21:52 16,527 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't see what the panic is about, with seven years of hardware advances over the competition it's undoubtedly going to have the best versions of Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite.

In 2017.

• DFawkes 26 Feb 2013 12:22:18 24,047 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As long as it isn't the Gizmondo mk2 I'l be happy enough. Heck, I'd be happy with that too as games would drop to silly prices! Already too late for that, thankfully.

• binky Moderator 26 Feb 2013 12:25:15 9,947 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @alexc7496 GAME have a pack online, premium with Mario at around £310ish. Thought that wasn't bad, but I'm guessing they don't sell that in store then? Boo.
  • alexc7496 26 Feb 2013 12:29:50 1,792 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nope, I even said to them about the offer online but they wouldn't budge. Pretty limited now to where you can get good in store deals. HMV have no offers as they're not aloud due to their situation so they just sell the console at the core price, my local Asda don't seem to be supporting the Wii U at present. All these added together can't help.
  • Page

of 1407 First / Last