Wii U Page 510

• Page

of 1409 First / Last

• RyanDS 23 Feb 2013 15:07:27 9,833 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    I'm the first to object to censorship of any kind but this has simply turned rancid.
    You should see a doctor if it has gone rancid. We just thought you naturally smelled bad.
  • nickthegun 23 Feb 2013 15:07:44 61,299 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its a kids film tie in. So its sure to be high quality.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Moot_Point 23 Feb 2013 15:17:40 4,607 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @DFawlkes Surely it is best to buy a console for at least one game you wish to play. If you wait until then, maybe you would be in a better position.

I am sure watching this thread being bumped and seeing people enjoying their purchase isn't helping.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• neilka 23 Feb 2013 15:25:26 16,527 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Its a kids film tie in. So its sure to be high quality.
    A kids' film tie-in that also has "party" in the title no less. That's your guarantee of quality right there!

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• DFawkes 23 Feb 2013 16:19:27 24,047 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    @DFawlkes Surely it is best to buy a console for at least one game you wish to play. If you wait until then, maybe you would be in a better position.
    That's not the problem - it's the other way round, there is BUCKETLOADS (assuming a bucket hold about 4 games) I want! The launch line up was practically custom made for me. I just can't choose what to get :)

Edited by DFawkes at 16:19:57 23-02-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Sid-Nice 23 Feb 2013 16:39:08 15,851 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @DFawkes Buy the ZombiU Bundle and pick up Batman and Assassins Creed from Grainger Games for a total of 45.

NNID Sid-Nice

• DuvaDan88 23 Feb 2013 16:54:21 543 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As much as I like the Wii U it gathering dust atm. When I have some friends round for a drink nintendo land comes out but then the console goes back into rest.

The sooner E3 comes and goes then maybe we will have some dates for some kart, mario, zelda. Anyone know when Pikmin 3 is coming out? I played it at the expo and thought it was good fun. Still I dont regret buying the console when I have played it Ive all ways enjoyed it

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• beastmaster 23 Feb 2013 17:06:46 11,982 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Any news on when The Wonderful 101 is coming out in the UK?

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Lexx87 23 Feb 2013 17:09:46 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DuvaDan88 wrote:
    As much as I like the Wii U it gathering dust atm. When I have some friends round for a drink nintendo land comes out but then the console goes back into rest.

The sooner E3 comes and goes then maybe we will have some dates for some kart, mario, zelda. Anyone know when Pikmin 3 is coming out? I played it at the expo and thought it was good fun. Still I dont regret buying the console when I have played it Ive all ways enjoyed it
    It's the Wii all over again.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Raiko101 23 Feb 2013 17:26:23 6,707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Arkham City is only 18 on Amazon at the moment. Will have to pick it up. Still slogging through the mildly disapointing Ass Creed 3 at the mo.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• G-VideoDie 23 Feb 2013 17:40:52 79 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well I managed to grab one of Zavvi's Wii U premium packs for 225 earlier this week and have been having my first proper play with it today.

After a seriously s...l...o...w... start (how long to update?!?) I've been having quite a bit of fun! Zombie U, Mario and Nintendo Land should see me through for a while, and I'm sure there'll be plenty more good stuff eventually.

I had told myself to wait a while on this one (especially after being burned by N64 price drop as well as the more recent 3DS one) but 225 was about right for me to bite.

If it all goes tits up then it can sit next to my Vita in the "fun while it lasted" pile!

I'm just happy to have new shiny under the tv - it's been such a long time!!
  • Raiko101 23 Feb 2013 17:45:47 6,707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    For anyone interested in looking at lists of games they can't play yet, and in most cases, for a long while yet, here's a list of upcoming Wii U games in 2013. I didn't compile it, but it's more fleshed out than the list we tried coming up with on here a few weeks back.

The List!

• atomicjuicer 23 Feb 2013 18:57:09 309 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Raiko101 just confirms that I won't be buying a wii until the TBA games from retro et al are clarified.

I would buy the console if it had only one game - Metroid.
  • DFawkes 23 Feb 2013 19:01:38 24,047 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's a Metroid game as a part of Nintendoland. Perhaps buy a part of the console, like just the GPU ;)

I'd have love a new Metroid, but I've still to finish Prime, 2, 3, Other M (which I really enjoy), and Super Metroid. Oh, and the first one. In fact I've only completed Metroid 2, so I can probably wait, but it'd have been nice to see a new one.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Raiko101 23 Feb 2013 19:35:43 6,707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Metroid 2 is the only one i've yet to complete. I enjoyed Other M too. Much better than popular opinion suggests.

• atomicjuicer 23 Feb 2013 19:36:19 309 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @DFawkes Yeah, I have all the metroids and finished other M (which I really enjoyed too).

Is the nintendoland Metroid any good?
  • Raiko101 23 Feb 2013 19:43:24 6,707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's basically an arena shooter with a visual Metroid theme. Great fun though!

• midi82 25 Feb 2013 09:24:45 690 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    NintendoLand Metroid is great, It gets really hard though towards the end
    Especially when you get the advanced missions
  • treegreen 25 Feb 2013 09:43:45 109 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Can't stand zombiu. Wanted to enjoy it but it feels like a big buggy mess. :(
  • alexc7496 25 Feb 2013 11:37:50 1,792 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thinking of picking a Wii U up. Habve seen a 2nd hand basic White one for 200, is the basic one okay or should I pay the extra and get the premium one?
  • Raiko101 25 Feb 2013 11:42:31 6,707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You might as well go premium. More storage space and a bundled sensor bar for Wii remotes.

• alexc7496 25 Feb 2013 12:07:30 1,792 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seems to be the safest option. If I did go for the basic would my Wii sensor bar work on the Wii U. Also what are the must have games? Obviously Mario but are the cross platform games up to the standard of their 360 ort PS3 counterparts, e.g. Fifa, COD, etc.....
  • jellyhead 25 Feb 2013 12:29:11 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Spent all weekend playing Sonic Transformed, bloody great kart racer. I highly recommend it especially if you can pick it up in a sale like i did.

Also, is it allowed to say that NSMBU is doing nothing for me?
    I've come to the conclusion that the 2D Mario games are not my cup of tea at all. Bring on the 3D Mario games!

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Deleted user 25 February 2013 12:43:39
    The main problem I have with the modern 2D Mario games, is that they have less depth and quality than ones made over twenty years ago. Mario 3, Mario World and Yoshi's Island have far more originality and innovation in them than the recent games (admittedly I've not played the WiiU one, but I imagine it's in line with the likes of the WiiU and 3DS games).
  • Rhaegyr 25 Feb 2013 12:47:12 2,723 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    The main problem I have with the modern 2D Mario games, is that they have less depth and quality than ones made over twenty years ago. Mario 3, Mario World and Yoshi's Island have far more originality and innovation in them than the recent games (admittedly I've not played the WiiU one, but I imagine it's in line with the likes of the WiiU and 3DS games).
    Spot on.

The 'New' series, whilst fun, doesn't hold a candle to Super Mario World or SMB3 in terms of depth and challenge, not to mention the points kalel made above.

I can't see 2D Mario ever topping Super Mario World - it's practically perfect.
  • Raiko101 25 Feb 2013 14:36:13 6,707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @alexc7496 Your Wii sensor bar is perfectly compatible. As for must-have's, it's all preference really. I'd recommend ZombiU if you can find it for 30 or less. Nintendo Land is a must, if you don't get the premium model.

Arkham Asylum has extra content and is a solid port, apparently, if you haven't already played it. The Wii U Sonic All Stars Racing Transormed is apparently ever-so-slightly better on Wii U.

Assassin's Creed III is pretty much equal to the other console versions, though is overly ambitious, incomplete and quite dull. COD is apparently Identical to the other console versions in multiplayer, though single player seemingly takes a slight hit.

New Super Mario Bros U is good, but it gets better when you've got others to play with. 4 is the magic number.

Fifa 13 is just Fifa 12, with latest squads and some Gamepad features thrown in. Not worth full price at all. I'm sure others can give much greater impressions than I.

If you do get a premium, check out the eShop. Little Inferno, Trine 2, Zen Pinball 2 and Nano Assault are all solid titles.

Edited by Raiko101 at 14:39:48 25-02-2013

• jellyhead 25 Feb 2013 15:01:03 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @alexc7496 I'd say get a Premium Bundle if you can. There's not much difference between premium and basic regards pricing now is there?

If you do get the premium first thing to do is get down Zen Pinball 2 and buy some tables then join the EG Wii-U Pinball crew!

Check the EG NNID thread for our IDs :)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Zomoniac 25 Feb 2013 16:00:54 7,979 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    So that's Revelations scheduled for May, not of great interest to me, handheld games rarely make good console titles, the HD upscale of Peacewalker was crippled by it's handheld origins, the sparse, tiny environments compared badly to the Metal Gear games that predated it.
    I think it depends on how well it's handled. God Of War: Ghost Of Sparta HD on PS3 was fucking epic.
  • Deleted user 25 February 2013 20:48:35
    The premium has the little things that add value too. The charging cradle and stand are useful to have although the console stand feels a little pointless. The premium money back scheme isn't as advertised though. It's not 10% back at all. You get 8 pts to the pound, every 500pts is then redeemable for 5 eshop credit. That works out as 8% back as far as my admittedly poor maths can work out.

Mario WiiU is not up there with World but it's still a damn good platformer. I'm currently trying to get all the star coins and unlock all of star road, it's no push over for full completion.

CODs only real problem is lack of numbers online. Unless you want to play deathmatch or dominion you'll find it hard to get a game. It's great on dual screen multiplayer though and it supports all of the WiiUs peripherals. I'm frankly amazed at how smooth the game is streaming two separate pictures with only a small hit to the graphics. It's this kind of thing I want to see more of.

Nintendoland does a great job of selling the pad. Controls are perfect for tablet and wiimote in my opinion. The game is a little slight taken overall but almost everything is fun with the likes of Zelda and Metroid having some real meat.
  • alexc7496 25 Feb 2013 22:55:06 1,792 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So picked one hip today and all good so far. One thing, is there anyway you can turn the volume down on the game pad? I have tried everything and seem to only be able to change the sound type.
  • Page

of 1409 First / Last