Wii U Page 496

• Page

of 1212 First / Last

• nickthegun 20 Feb 2013 14:36:01 55,866 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And its there everyone gets it wrong. These idiots should be leading these kind of presentations, even the chuckle brothers in charge of nintendo.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• JuanKerr 20 Feb 2013 14:36:51 36,094 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Warren Buffet securing the Heinz deal.
  • jellyhead 20 Feb 2013 14:42:01 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    And its there everyone gets it wrong. These idiots should be leading these kind of presentations, even the chuckle brothers in charge of nintendo.
    eh?

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Aretak 20 Feb 2013 14:45:04 10,329 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    To be fair, they are selling home entertainment devices, not performing stand-up. Why does everything have to be so personality driven?

Successful business man does not resonate with nerd shocker.
    The key word is 'selling' though. At events like E3, those guys are acting as salesmen, not business executives. Salesmen have to be likeable, or else you're not going to want to buy their products. Nintendo struck gold with Reggie, who's a larger than life personality and grabs people's attention. The same goes for Sony and Tretton, though his shtick is the slightly nervous, down to earth guy that people can relate to. Microsoft are yet to find a guy that can't pretend he's not a complete cock for a couple of hours once a year.

Of course image has nothing to do with how good they are at their day to day job, but presenting events in front of a large audience isn't their day to day job. Nintendo and Sony have both found someone with the ability to do both, so it clearly doesn't need to be an either/or scenario.
  • Zomoniac 20 Feb 2013 14:50:37 7,402 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aretak wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    To be fair, they are selling home entertainment devices, not performing stand-up. Why does everything have to be so personality driven?

The key word is 'selling' though. At events like E3, those guys are acting as salesmen, not business executives. Salesmen have to be likeable, or else you're not going to want to buy their products. Nintendo struck gold with Reggie, who's a larger than life personality and grabs people's attention. The same goes for Sony and Tretton, though his shtick is the slightly nervous, down to earth guy that people can relate to. Microsoft are yet to find a guy that can't pretend he's not a complete cock for a couple of hours once a year.
    I liked Allard. He was mad, but it seems MS basically hid him from public view after one too many instances of getting wrecked and naked at a press party. Then they had Moore, who I was also fine with, he was likeable, he clearly knew his games and had strong feelings on the subject. You can see that still now when he's interviewed about his job in charge of EA Sports, it's just as important to him, if not moreso, that each FIFA reviews well and people enjoy it than it sells a bit more than the last one.

Since him though, it's been rapidly downhill.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Feb 2013 14:54:11 8,748 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Aretak wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

I liked Allard. He was mad, but it seems MS basically hid him from public view after one too many instances of getting wrecked and naked at a press party. Then they had Moore, who I was also fine with, he was likeable, he clearly knew his games and had strong feelings on the subject. You can see that still now when he's interviewed about his job in charge of EA Sports, it's just as important to him, if not moreso, that each FIFA reviews well and people enjoy it than it sells a bit more than the last one.

Since him though, it's been rapidly downhill.
    Clothes on please James!

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• neilka 20 Feb 2013 14:57:31 14,942 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A good, reasonable ghost
  • kickerconspiracy 20 Feb 2013 15:02:55 495 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A good, reasonable post(man)
  • nickthegun 20 Feb 2013 15:06:28 55,866 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    eh?
    These people shouldnt be selling consoles. Salesmen and spokesmodels should be selling consoles. That goes for everyone.

He totally called it

• Deckard1 20 Feb 2013 15:07:32 25,414 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A good reasonable roasted ghost toast!

Called it

• Alastair 20 Feb 2013 15:14:52 14,953 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A good, reasonable oast (house).

Not as nice as I used to be

• Alastair 20 Feb 2013 15:16:14 14,953 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A good, reasonable coast.

• Deckard1 20 Feb 2013 15:16:42 25,414 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A good reasonable boast

Called it

• mrpon 20 Feb 2013 15:16:57 27,645 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A good, reasonable host

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• neilka 20 Feb 2013 15:20:48 14,942 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A good, reasonable goat.

Edited by neilka at 15:21:49 20-02-2013
  • JuanKerr 20 Feb 2013 15:21:15 36,094 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A good, reasonable roast.
  • nickthegun 20 Feb 2013 15:21:33 55,866 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A good, seasonable roast

He totally called it

• Razz 20 Feb 2013 15:24:15 59,994 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• neilka 20 Feb 2013 15:25:05 14,942 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    A bad, unreasonable post.
  • Moot_Point 20 Feb 2013 15:31:36 3,512 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Razz wrote:

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• DFawkes 20 Feb 2013 15:44:00 22,063 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does anyone know if all the extra gubbins like the armour in Arkham City Wii U is optional? Not that it'd stop me if it wasn't, just wondering. The deal I've got my eye on has it.

I'm curious to see how Monster Hunter 3 goes with the cross-console connection, but the save game sharing seems a little pointless given you'd have to buy it twice. I'm not even sure both are coming out here. I think I'd go for 3DS over Wii U, as I prefer portable MH, but I hope the HD one does well so we get a proper Wii,U sequel.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Alastair 20 Feb 2013 15:49:10 14,953 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I loved MH3 on Wii, as you may recall - I'm sure we played together.

I've not payed much attention to the WiiU - does it have decent voice chat for online play yet? If so, a decent Monster Hunter game might make me splash out...

• LeoliansBro 20 Feb 2013 15:51:51 41,865 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    WiiU doesn't have voice chat on the system. Individual games have to have their own solution.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• DFawkes 20 Feb 2013 15:52:35 22,063 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Alastair wrote:

I've not payed much attention to the WiiU - does it have decent voice chat for online play yet? If so, a decent Monster Hunter game might make me splash out...
    Like LB says, it's game specific. But for MH it's a yes :)

I think we only played once on Wii because I wasn't a huge fan. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, I just prefer sitting playing as I watch (well, listen to) TV. Then again, with the Gamepad screen I could do that.

Edited by DFawkes at 15:57:26 20-02-2013

• Armoured_Bear 20 Feb 2013 16:04:29 8,748 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Alastair wrote:

Like LB says, it's game specific. But for MH it's a yes :)

I think we only played once on Wii because I wasn't a huge fan. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, I just prefer sitting playing as I watch (well, listen to) TV. Then again, with the Gamepad screen I could do that.
    It doesn't support off screen gameplay I'm afraid.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• DFawkes 20 Feb 2013 16:11:34 22,063 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah. Well I shall have to consider this further. HD vs portability. Both still look good though :)

• roz123 20 Feb 2013 16:11:47 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If the Wii U version supported off tv play or the 3DS version supported online then I would buy it. Unfortunatly they do not so I'm going to pass.
  • Alastair 20 Feb 2013 16:12:44 14,953 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:

Ahh, we must have discussed something else then - Fire Emblem or Darkside Chronicles maybe...

• DFawkes 20 Feb 2013 16:18:04 22,063 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I did talk a lot about MH3. I just tended to play offline. I'm sure we discussed Darkside Chronicles too :)

I might go for the Wii U version for the online play, but I can see getting the 3DS one too for offline hunting to get better armour etc. I wonder if any retailers will do a reduced price double pack?

• Page

of 1212 First / Last