Wii U Page 488

• Page

of 1347 First / Last

• jellyhead 18 Feb 2013 15:05:49 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've had fun. Whatever else were people expecting?

This signature intentionally left blank.

• nickthegun 18 Feb 2013 15:06:06 58,831 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    *shrugs*

It is what it is.

You meant Stockholm Syndrome. Yes?
    As in Helsinki, Sweden.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• jellyhead 18 Feb 2013 15:07:01 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @nickthegun :)

Edited by jellyhead at 15:07:20 18-02-2013

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Armoured_Bear 18 Feb 2013 15:07:01 10,288 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    On a personal note, i defended the Wii U at launch. I was very happy with it, i really enjoyed ZombiU and NSMBU, the MiiVerse and the eShop were both welcome additions and, generally, it seemed like Nintendo had taken a massive step in the right direction.

However, with all the games i got at launch now finished and seemingly nothing else due out any time soon, i am becoming a bit frustrated with Nintendo - they seem to have completely lost interest in the WiiU.

Obviously, when Bayonetta 2, Lego City, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 come out i'll be very happy that i own one, but until then.......its packed away in the cupboard.
    They haven't lost interest, they've just made a complete arse of software planning for the first 6 months. However, your frustration is more than justified.

Why would you pack a tiny wee console away in the cupboard for 6 weeks just to bring it back out again?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• LeoliansBro 18 Feb 2013 15:07:13 43,232 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    *shrugs*

It is what it is.

You meant Stockholm Syndrome. Yes?
    As in 'Helsinki, Sweden'.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• LeoliansBro 18 Feb 2013 15:07:28 43,232 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DAMMIT NICK.

• Armoured_Bear 18 Feb 2013 15:12:29 10,288 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    jellyhead wrote:
    Bremenacht wrote:
    The lesson here seems to be 'Don't be an early adopter of Nintendo products'.
    ... unless you like Nintendo games and have other machines to keep you occupied in the inevitable and predictable droughts.
    I stil don't really understand how you've benefitted from early adoption.
    Getting to play some enjoyable games when he wanted to perhaps?

Do people buying consoles earlier generate some magical pissing on others chips or something?
    WTF is wrong with people?
    Who gives a shit if people buy consoles early, late or whatever?

• nickthegun 18 Feb 2013 15:13:46 58,831 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Settle down, beavis. He just said he didnt understand it, not that he was offended by it.

He totally called it

• Rhaegyr 18 Feb 2013 16:06:11 1,430 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    First Nintendo console I've not bought on launch since I bought the N64.

I want to buy it (and was going to when Rayman Legends dropped) but don't have a reason to at the minute. Looks like MH3 or Pikmin 3 will make me take the plunge.

I love Nintendo, they're my favourite developer out there and when at the top of their game nobody comes close imo. It's just a shame they've not been there for a long time.
  • Cappy 18 Feb 2013 16:22:26 11,831 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You've got to wonder what Nintendo's development teams were up to, by 2008 there was already a slowing of releases and a real lack of commitment to providing a broad range of software. Working on games for the next system would be an obvious assumption.

Switching teams over to supporting the 3DS is one possible answer, though that's turned out to be a bit of a disaster in terms of Worldwide sales then, to rescue the 3DS both Wii and Wii U owners have had to take one for the team.

Without Pikmin 3 which got taken off of software starved Wii owners, Nintendo would be even further back on making a proper first party debut.

This continued robbing Peter to pay Paul approach to development is why I'd be extremely cautious about investing in a Nintendo platform ever again.
  • mrpon 18 Feb 2013 16:28:54 28,474 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just chalk it up as another wasted investment ecosse. How much was that turntable you bought? Three grand?

:D

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Raiko101 18 Feb 2013 16:57:23 6,078 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The 3DS has definitely impacted on Wii U development. Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing have all been in development since at least the consoles launch. It's far too late now, but at least Nintendo are focusing on solving that problem in the future, what with two key hardware development teams being merged. And a focus on creating and sharing development tools that speed up the porting of games between Nintendo consoles.

What they should have done, 2 years ago, was release the Wii U GamePad as a handheld gaming tablet, and then add on the console for greater performance and the home console experience last christmas. That way you've the choice of both worlds.

Not that i've got any complaints with my 3DS at the moment. I've yet to clear my backlog of games on that thing, and I play it every other day.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Sid-Nice 18 Feb 2013 17:02:37 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    I don’t think this statement should only refer to Nintendo consoles; I bought the Xbox 360 and PS3 at launch and both suffered from games droughts.

NNID Sid-Nice

• riceNpea 18 Feb 2013 17:11:02 592 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    if that report of the PS4 being £300 in The Times is true the Wii U is in a spot of hot water i'd say.
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Feb 2013 17:21:02 10,288 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Just chalk it up as another wasted investment ecosse. How much was that turntable you bought? Three grand?

Best money I've ever spent!

• THFourteen 18 Feb 2013 17:22:48 32,871 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    test
  • THFourteen 18 Feb 2013 17:23:15 32,871 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BTW nobody quote my reply please. It amuses me that i know he'll have to take me off ignore to see what i said.

Heh.
  • Luckyjim 18 Feb 2013 17:24:23 2,872 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And Microsoft.

It won't be, though.

Edit: £300, that is.

Edited by Luckyjim at 17:25:25 18-02-2013
  • nickthegun 18 Feb 2013 17:25:40 58,831 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    ecosse is a battyclart
    Harsh but fair

He totally called it

• MatMan562 18 Feb 2013 17:26:08 2,315 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think a good idea for Nintendo would be to get rid of the basic pack and sell the Premium pack for the price the Basic is now, maybe without Nintendo Land. Advertise the new price in a new marketing campaign that further explains that this is a brand new console a few weeks before the new Mario Kart and platformer games are due. That should make the console a lot more appealing compared to the next playstation and xbox which presumably would be about £100 more and have less games. Presumably.

Also, give all us early adopters a load of free games again!

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• javvyman 18 Feb 2013 17:31:59 707 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    The 3DS has definitely impacted on Wii U development. Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing have all been in development since at least the consoles launch. It's far too late now, but at least Nintendo are focusing on solving that problem in the future, what with two key hardware development teams being merged. And a focus on creating and sharing development tools that speed up the porting of games between Nintendo consoles.

What they should have done, 2 years ago, was release the Wii U GamePad as a handheld gaming tablet, and then add on the console for greater performance and the home console experience last christmas. That way you've the choice of both worlds.

Not that i've got any complaints with my 3DS at the moment. I've yet to clear my backlog of games on that thing, and I play it every other day.

It seems the 3DS has definatly been getting more love from Nintendo recently.

Out of first party 3DS games known to us
    Nintendo have the following coming out this year

- Fire Emblem: Awakening
    - Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
    - Pokemon XY
    - Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    - Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
    - Mario Golf: World Tour
    - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
    - Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move

The following this year, or next

- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
    - Super Smash Bros
    - Fantasy Life

With the Wii U its a different story altogether
    Nintendo have the following 1st party games announced for this year

- Game & Wario
    - Pikmin 3
    - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
    - Wii Fit U
    - Wii Party U

(eek)

This year or next

- Mario Kart
    - Untitled Super Mario Game
    - Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
    - Project X

(Better)

Out of sight

- Super Smash Bros
    - The Legend of Zelda

(Tragic)

It's quite clear Nintendo have been focusing their development resources on getting games onto the 3DS this year.
    I just hope they've got more to announce at E3 as that lists looks dire for the Wii U.

Edited by javvyman at 17:33:51 18-02-2013
  • Razz 18 Feb 2013 17:34:24 60,771 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I won#t be happy we get another full f-zero game. I probably wont be happy for many years to come.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• LeoliansBro 18 Feb 2013 17:38:02 43,232 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    mrpon wrote:

Best money I've ever spent!
    And about as useful for playing next gen games.

• Armoured_Bear 18 Feb 2013 17:46:39 10,288 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MatMan562 wrote:
    I think a good idea for Nintendo would be to get rid of the basic pack and sell the Premium pack for the price the Basic is now, maybe without Nintendo Land. Advertise the new price in a new marketing campaign that further explains that this is a brand new console a few weeks before the new Mario Kart and platformer games are due. That should make the console a lot more appealing compared to the next playstation and xbox which presumably would be about £100 more and have less games. Presumably.

Also, give all us early adopters a load of free games again!
    Aye, I agree with all this.

• Progguitarist 18 Feb 2013 18:06:58 10,401 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pachter deems the Wii-U to be a mistake Nintendo can't recover from.

Will most likely go on to sell millions now.
  • kalel 18 Feb 2013 18:11:50 86,403 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's not really clear what he means in terms of "can't recover from". If he means that the WiiU can't be rescued then that's one thing. If he's saying Nintendo themselves are finished, that's another. The former I would agree with but the latter is pretty big claim. Even if the WiiU was written off now, Nintendo still have plenty in the bank from the Wii, both literally and in terms of goodwill.
  • Bremenacht 18 Feb 2013 18:32:16 17,613 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Or maybe he even means they cannot recover Wii-levels of sales within an unspecified timeframe? Whichever it is, it's a nonsense because it's wayyyyy to early to call and Nintendo can fix things, via the anticipated price-cut (early summer?) and some AAA games.

Why someone of his status feels the need to join in the low-level forum/comment/chatter beats me. Maybe he's only talking about the current FY? Sounds quite a quite foolish prediction if he really is referring to the console or the company.
  • Bremenacht 18 Feb 2013 18:44:37 17,613 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    jellyhead wrote:
    Bremenacht wrote:
    ... unless you like Nintendo games and have other machines to keep you occupied in the inevitable and predictable droughts.

Do people buying consoles earlier generate some magical pissing on others chips or something?
    Who's doing the pissing? I really don't think I'm trolling or pissing on anyone by saying that Nintendo seem to have developed a habit of not only offering weak fare at launch but over many of the early months. If someone bought and is happy with what they've got, then great. No-one's criticising jellyhead or anyone else who bought.

Maybe Sid's right (I don't know). Maybe javvyman is right (the 3DS certainly looks better). Whoever's right, the Wii U is hardly a winning proposition at the moment, is it? Would you honestly advise someone that they should buy Nintendo products at launch?

Just so I don't get written off as a troll, Nintendo's upcoming 3DS stuff have changed me from a 'no chance' to 'thinking about it' potential buyer in about six months. Maybe in another six months I'll be scraping around for reasons not to buy it.
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Feb 2013 19:31:29 10,288 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    jellyhead wrote:
    Bremenacht wrote:

Who's doing the pissing? I really don't think I'm trolling or pissing on anyone by saying that Nintendo seem to have developed a habit of not only offering weak fare at launch but over many of the early months. If someone bought and is happy with what they've got, then great. No-one's criticising jellyhead or anyone else who bought.

Maybe Sid's right (I don't know). Maybe javvyman is right (the 3DS certainly looks better). Whoever's right, the Wii U is hardly a winning proposition at the moment, is it? Would you honestly advise someone that they should buy Nintendo products at launch?

Just so I don't get written off as a troll, Nintendo's upcoming 3DS stuff have changed me from a 'no chance' to 'thinking about it' potential buyer in about six months. Maybe in another six months I'll be scraping around for reasons not to buy it.
    In this thread people have repeatedly had a go at early adopters as if they're somehow offended that someone dares to think differently from them. I'm not referring to you in particular, more a long line of retarded comments from various posters.

• kalel 18 Feb 2013 19:35:50 86,403 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is your mum Nintendo?
  • Page

of 1347 First / Last