of 1357 First / Last

• Jazzy_Geoff 16 Feb 2013 21:24:24 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My wii looked loads better when I connected it to a HDTV
  • Jazzy_Geoff 16 Feb 2013 21:43:08 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Night and day for me. There is no way you're getting away with saying a wii on a SDTV looks as good and runs better than a ps3 or an Xbox. That is sheer bollocks.
  • Deleted user 16 February 2013 22:01:53
    Halo 3 looks better on an SD tv to me.

Go figure.
  • King_Edward 16 Feb 2013 22:07:03 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:

Go figure.
    First time I played Halo 3 was on an SD tv and it knocked my socks off. It seemed utterly gorgeous. I played Gears on it the same day and it looked like crap.
  • Armoured_Bear 16 Feb 2013 22:08:23 10,585 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    My wii looked loads better when I connected it to a HDTV
    Me too.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Armoured_Bear 16 Feb 2013 22:09:54 10,585 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    javvyman wrote:
    Didn't you cancel the preorder back around release? Or sell it right away?
    I'm sure you mentioned something about that.... Only remember because it was such a moment...
    It was a moment that will last throughout my video gaming life; to say “I was shocked” is an understatement. And it was all over the video gaming press slating the Wii U for having a 1.24GHz CPU. Poor little Espresso didn’t even have time to get things going with Latte and Higgins didn’t want to know; whoever spilt the beans should be ashamed.
    How many times? It is your hangup and yours alone that you are so concerned with "power" and not mine. If I were as concerned as yourself I would clearly own/build a P.C suited solely to gaming. I buy Nintendo because history has told me that it is there I will the games which have interested me most over 2 decades. I also own a PS3 - as I did a PS2 - which I have since launch and enjoyed a fair few games on it but not as much as I have Nintendo's library of exclusives and those third-party gems which come out of nowhere.
    You need to chill out and take t easy here, doing so you'd realise that Sid is taking the piss.

• King_Edward 16 Feb 2013 22:11:03 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also I find Mario* and Zelda both quite ugly, even by Wii standards. They're garish imo. I think Ratchet and Clank, and the old Sonics (1&2 basically) use colour to a much better effect.

*that's just the 2D Mario's. Galaxy is beautiful in my eyes.

Edited by King_Edward at 22:15:19 16-02-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 16 Feb 2013 22:11:12 10,585 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    I played nothing but Wii games for FOUR YEARS.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA

that's cheered me right up.
    Why? Genuinely. If he had claimed to have played nothing but PS3 or 360 games for four years would that have been met with a round of applause? How is it so hard to understand that fans of Nintendo have had the same satisfaction (perhaps more) of playing Nintendo's library of exclusives on the Wii this gen than others have of playing Halo, Gears, Uncharted of God of War? I mean really, what is so difficult to comprehend?
    He's just an irritating troll, best to ignore him.

• Deleted user 16 February 2013 22:12:52
    King_Edward wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:

Go figure.
    First time I played Halo 3 was on an SD tv and it knocked my socks off. It seemed utterly gorgeous. I played Gears on it the same day and it looked like crap.
    Yeah, only a couple of games looked better in SD to me. Most suffered from the tiny writing thing and general lack of clarity.
  • javvyman 16 Feb 2013 22:15:06 708 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @AdamAsunder

Yeh, probably because it runs in SD native.
    Some Wii games will look gorgeous on a smaller TV, rivalling many 360 games running at 480p, but only in fidelity. Try playing Wii games on anything over 32inch though and you start trying to wipe the Vaseline from your eyes.
    I agree with Higgins that some games look better on their native systems. An example being Wind Waker looks gorgeous running through my component connected Wii on a 42inch Panny Plasma, but a little haggard and dated on an emulator. Others though, games like Xenoblade and Mario Galaxy 2 benefit immensely if you can get them running with stability.

Edited by javvyman at 22:19:04 16-02-2013
  • richardiox 16 Feb 2013 22:15:28 5,581 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    If you are using a 360 controller how do you do all the pointer business in SMG?

I set up dolphin on my PC a few years ago, mainly for Gamecube games but I quickly abandoned it after it became more hassle then its worth. maybe I was unlucky though
    Control the pointer with the right stick. Pointer functionality isn't essential in SMG really.

Also, is Higgins really one of those people saying extra resolution doesn't add to the visual experience? Rayman Origins PS3>Rayman Origins Wii
  • Baleoce 16 Feb 2013 23:02:07 1,185 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Some early 3D games in SD can give off the effect of having a primitive form of anti-aliasing on old TVs. Like how I absolutely adore the original Goldeneye 64, I still do, but when I look back at it now in an emulator, the textures are exposed by a higher resolution, so it makes you think "..oh".

Edited by Baleoce at 02:22:55 17-02-2013

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• Deleted user 17 February 2013 06:35:55
    I'm interested to see what the Wiimode is like on the WiiU.

When I get paid I'm going to try and get a reasonably priced Wiimote/Nunchuk along with Galaxy 2 and Skyward Sword.
  • Baleoce 17 Feb 2013 10:44:04 1,185 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's nothing special, particularly with PAL.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• PhoenixFlames 17 Feb 2013 11:05:18 8,945 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:

Go figure.
    Who owns an SD television? It's 2013.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Raiko101 17 Feb 2013 12:17:39 6,219 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My mum still has an SDTV. It's quite big, so it's more than useable. She only uses it for watching tv, which is mostly sd anyway.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Syrette 17 Feb 2013 13:27:44 43,325 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    My mum still has an SDTV. It's quite big, so it's more than useable. She only uses it for watching tv, which is mostly sd anyway.
    I think he was referring to his peers amongst the gaming community, not mothers :)

• Sid-Nice 17 Feb 2013 13:40:13 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have quite a few SDTV's lying about (not in use) what worries me is if Sony try and promote 4K UHDTV's for the next generation, when it is more likely UHDTV's will be mainstream in 2020. I know the Japanese government have legislated (licenced) Ultra High Definition broadcasting for 2014, but the cost of 4K TV’s will be huge in the first few years.

When the Xbox 360 launched it cost £700 for a 32” Samsung HDTV with 1 HDMI connection; if the next generation requires a TV upgrade then the console plus TV cost will be ridiculous.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Raiko101 17 Feb 2013 13:51:21 6,219 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Syrette She was quite the gamer once. That's how I got into it, anyway!

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Deleted user 17 February 2013 15:52:55
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:

Go figure.
    Who owns an SD television? It's 2013.
    Yes, and Halo 3 came out in 2007.
  • THFourteen 17 Feb 2013 16:25:14 33,198 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    higgins78 wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why? Genuinely. If he had claimed to have played nothing but PS3 or 360 games for four years would that have been met with a round of applause? How is it so hard to understand that fans of Nintendo have had the same satisfaction (perhaps more) of playing Nintendo's library of exclusives on the Wii this gen than others have of playing Halo, Gears, Uncharted of God of War? I mean really, what is so difficult to comprehend?
    Considering you are the one who has ME on ignore, and yet you send me PMs and reply-quote my posts, you're doing a terrible job of ignoring me.

@Higgins - I wasn't being entirely serious :-)
  • RyanDS 17 Feb 2013 16:57:22 9,258 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    higgins78 wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Agreed. I really don't know why anybody bothers responding to Higgins.
  • Armoured_Bear 17 Feb 2013 18:38:09 10,585 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    higgins78 wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Agreed. I really don't know why anybody bothers responding to Higgins.
    I was referring to THFourteen

• Zizoo 17 Feb 2013 18:42:14 8,283 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Swoosh
  • nickthegun 17 Feb 2013 19:08:59 59,496 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I like the new po-faced little hitler ecosse. Much better than the over exuberant mentalist ecosse.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• mrpon 17 Feb 2013 20:03:26 28,765 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    @Syrette She was on the game once. That's how I got into it, anyway!
    o_O

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Page

of 1357 First / Last