Wii U Page 484

• Page

of 1363 First / Last

• Raiko101 16 Feb 2013 11:16:02 6,301 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Where have some of these posts gone?

Edit - There they are. Not sure what happened there. Anyways, i'm going to put it out there and say Nintendo Land is a 'classic'. Much in the same way Wii Sports is because as simple as it is, you get so much out of it. Not sure i'd call anything else classic, but ZombiU and NSMBU are definitely great games.

Edited by Raiko101 at 11:23:58 16-02-2013

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• jellyhead 16 Feb 2013 11:21:10 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Did someone emoquit? Does that still bugger things up?

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Sid-Nice 16 Feb 2013 11:31:50 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @jellyhead I had the same problem until I logged into my Nintendo Club account using the Wii U.

NNID Sid-Nice

• jellyhead 16 Feb 2013 11:50:58 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Sid-Nice ?! Tell me more of this magic! Login with the browser?

I shall try this in a minute. Cheers.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Sid-Nice 16 Feb 2013 12:06:58 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @jellyhead Login with Bowser not the browser; I've just noticed that Tank! Tank! Tank!, Wii Street U and Zen Pinball 2 have been automatically registered to my account. I only have 1750 stars 250 short for a 500 Nintendo Points Card.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Baleoce 16 Feb 2013 12:12:32 1,185 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Did you get a Wii U in the end higgins?

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• Raiko101 16 Feb 2013 12:15:02 6,301 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @higgins78 More? But according to my Wii, I got over 300 hours out of Wii Sports. That's probably 10x more than i've got out of a single Zelda game. It's definitely 10x more than a Mario Galaxy. Whilst not the sole criteria when valuing your games, if a game can hold my attention for that long, it's a classic in my eyes.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• javvyman 16 Feb 2013 15:13:30 709 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Didn't you cancel the preorder back around release? Or sell it right away?
    I'm sure you mentioned something about that.... Only remember because it was such a moment...
  • Sid-Nice 16 Feb 2013 15:28:17 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    javvyman wrote:
    Didn't you cancel the preorder back around release? Or sell it right away?
    I'm sure you mentioned something about that.... Only remember because it was such a moment...
    It was a moment that will last throughout my video gaming life; to say “I was shocked” is an understatement. And it was all over the video gaming press slating the Wii U for having a 1.24GHz CPU. Poor little Espresso didn’t even have time to get things going with Latte and Higgins didn’t want to know; whoever spilt the beans should be ashamed.

NNID Sid-Nice

• CharlieStCloud 16 Feb 2013 16:00:02 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    javvyman wrote:
    It was of course my opinion. I'm still chuckling at your comment from yesterday which hailed the wii as only having 2 classics... Wii sports and Mario Galaxy.. Nothing else.
    Which say to me says you've played jackshit on the wii and jackshit of the wii u and your talking straight out your ass.
    You really have not got the faintest idea what a classic is considered to be you daft buffoon.

Super Mario Galaxy and Wii Sports will still be thought of and spoken about in ten years time ... ZombiU, New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land won't.

I was a sole Wii owner for four years before I purchased the Xbox 360.

I have plenty of good things to say about the Wii however, it soon became apparent that the release schedule in the past few years, with the exception of Skyward Sword and The Last Story, soon dried up.

That's perfectly fine if you disagree, but your 'Wii U has four classics' comment is so far off the mark it beggars belief.

Edited by CharlieStCloud at 16:02:01 16-02-2013
  • richardiox 16 Feb 2013 16:10:20 5,596 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    BartonFink wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    They should just go software only already. It'll save people having to splash out on a shit console for the 1 or 2 good games they release every year.
    I wish they would. There are some Nintendo games I'd love to play but there's no way in hell I'm buying another Nintendo console... at least not before there's enough titles to make it worthwhile for me (I've made that mistake twice now).
    Could not have said it better. Would love to see them going software only and not have to suffer the same disappointment that has been their last two offerings.
    I am currently playing Xenoblade and Mario Galaxy. The two best games on the Wii. And all I can think every time I start playing is how much better they would be on a decent contoller. Imagine Mario Galaxy without the waggle! It would make it an awesome game as opposed to a great game hiding behind WAGGLE TO SPIN!!!!!
    Semi decent PC + Dolphin Emulator + 360 pad with "waggle spin" mapped to RB and the pointer mapped to right analogue + HD resolution = problem solved. Funny how the best way to play Nintendos best games is actually through emulation.
    Utter tosh! Seriously, this is now getting stupid. The best way to play Nintendo games is - and will likely always be - through the original hardware and controller. If HD is such a huge selling point for you then by all means, stick with a P.C. If however experiences via exclusives such as Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc, etc are more important then stick with Nintendo...they clearly (in my opinion) have the greatest game developers in the world working today.
    If you had the choice why wouldn't you want to play Galaxy at 1080P? Or WindWaker?

In terms of retro emulation, have you tried plugging a SNES into your HDTV? Emulation means I can play my fave SNES titles upscaled and with quick save/ load functions.
  • nickthegun 16 Feb 2013 16:14:06 59,906 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Utter tosh!

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• neilka 16 Feb 2013 16:51:07 15,914 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My monocle actually landed in my Earl Grey.

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• javvyman 16 Feb 2013 16:51:22 709 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud
    So you're confirming you haven't played jack shit on the Wii then? Quite clear you don't own a Wii U either.
    I actually admitted I was premature to call those 3 games classics.
    Wii Sports was panned by critics as being bare bones, a cheaply made tech demo that showed off the systems capabilities, nothing more.
    As it transpires, it has become a classic through its acceptance in popular culture, transcending other game experiences because of the way it bought people who werent the least bit Interested in games to try them.
    But to outright dismiss Nintendoland of potential classic status when you would quite easily stick Wii Sports on that pedestal, is just downright shortsighted and shows you've not actually played anything of the Wii U at any great length.

Also, never said Wii Sports and Mario Galaxy werent classics, just that to say they were the only classics on the Wii is downright idiotic and shows you haven't actually played jack shit.
  • CharlieStCloud 16 Feb 2013 18:12:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    javvyman wrote:
    So you're confirming you haven't played jack shit on the Wii then? Quite clear you don't own a Wii U either.
    Please tell me what part of 'I was a sole Wii owner for four years' do you not understand?

I played nothing but Wii games for FOUR YEARS.

*sighs*

... and whilst I have played the Wii U for a couple of hours, which was fairly enjoyable, no, I do not have a Wii U and probably won't for the foreseeable future.

Wii Sports was a watershed moment in video gaming history whereas Nintendo Land, as much fun as it is, however, is not.
  • Moot_Point 16 Feb 2013 18:40:45 4,068 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• THFourteen 16 Feb 2013 18:41:37 33,413 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    I played nothing but Wii games for FOUR YEARS.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA

that's cheered me right up.
  • Deleted user 16 February 2013 18:43:22
    ....and it goes on....

Nintendo gave me 50 stars for my birthday.

Microsoft gave me 20pts.

Not only is 50 a bigger number than 20 but stars are infinitely better than points. By my calculation that makes the WiiU better than the 360.
  • Bremenacht 16 Feb 2013 19:09:53 18,222 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    Raiko101 wrote:
    Where have some of these posts gone?

Edit - There they are. Not sure what happened there. Anyways, i'm going to put it out there and say Nintendo Land is a 'classic'. Much in the same way Wii Sports is because as simple as it is, you get so much out of it. Not sure i'd call anything else classic, but ZombiU and NSMBU are definitely great games.
    Come on. I'm as big a fan of Nintendo's work as the next man, but Nintendo Land a "classic"? Not even close. Like Wii Sports - as you point out - and to a better extent Wii Sports Resort, these titles are enjoyable, informative and polished ways of introducing you to both Wii Motion and Wii Motion Plus...NOT "classics" in any sense of the word. ZombieU and NSMBU are - contrary to what the PS3 and 360 trolls (who have likely never played each) will tell you - each good games, nothing more nothing less. When you are used to true Nintendo "classics" you expect so much more is all.
    Gosh, a higgins post I agree with.: o

I'd say Wii Sports resort is something of a classic, because it's the definite 'active' motion control game. No major publisher had done anything like it in such a gaming-orientated way.

Certainly, javvyman comparing the quality of Wii U catalogue to that of the early Gamecube deserves ridicule.
  • ecureuil 16 Feb 2013 19:13:46 76,806 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mario Galaxy is one of the few games that plays really well with the Wiimote, it's used mostly for pointing and waggle is a minimum, even the spin takes a very light movement to activate. Given the choice I'd actually pick the Wiimote for this game, and I couldn't even finish Skyward Sword.
  • richardiox 16 Feb 2013 20:25:54 5,596 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @higgins78

Mario Galaxy looks exceptional in HD, your loss dude. I get to play the better version of the same game, on my HDTV. Whatevs.
  • roz123 16 Feb 2013 20:56:12 7,113 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you are using a 360 controller how do you do all the pointer business in SMG?

I set up dolphin on my PC a few years ago, mainly for Gamecube games but I quickly abandoned it after it became more hassle then its worth. maybe I was unlucky though
  • Page

of 1363 First / Last