of 1353 First / Last

• Armoured_Bear 14 Feb 2013 12:14:09 10,487 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MrSemprini wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    DFawkes wrote:
    Is that Wii U Need for Speed game by Criterion? I was really impressed at how well they optimised Burnout Paradise on 360 and PS3 - heck, even the PC version runs brilliantly on my Shite-o-matic old PC.

So if it's them, I have high hopes for a well optimised port. Though I'd settle for playable.
    there is a bloke on another forum I post on who has been working on this. He says that, on paper, the wii u should be the best version. But also that he doesn't actually think that is true. At all.
    link?
    No link as it's a reg only site but you can have a quote (which is possibly the same as Jazzy_Geoff is referring to):

in *theory* the Wii U version is the best of the consoles, cos it's got extra stuff added in, and virtually nothing taken away from the main consoles (multiplayer dropped from 8 to 6 cos the Wii U can't handle multiplayer at all). We've got a touch screen map and some co-driver navigation stuff on the GamePad so you can play it co-op in a way, but it's fairly limited. We've got Miis and Mario homages and stuff (green pipes you drive into and get little mario kart cars). It's got some of the DLC from the consoles built in as standard.

But...I'm still not convinced. It's been a very, very haphazard project to work on, and I think that's probably a common story for a lot of these Wii U games. If you've got both consoles I'd still be tempted to buy the 360 one. But maybe I just don't like the Wii U.
    It's the overwhelmingly positive experience of developing on it that really shines through.
    I don't really understand what's negative apart from the reduction to 6 players. It's the other console version with DLC as standard, better visuals and additional modes and control possibilities.
    He'd be tempted to buy the 360 one because.....?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Armoured_Bear 14 Feb 2013 12:19:49 10,487 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MrSemprini wrote:
    javvyman wrote:
    @MrSemprini Very unlikely that the quote even originates from an actual development source.
    A: It is very unprofessional, unlikely a member of the actual development team would say something like that unless they have an underlying hate for Nintendo.
    B: It's clearly not a haphazard project to work on going from the article on the front page - to quote "There's a switch in our build pipeline that says 'use PC textures' and we flipped that and that was all," Hamadi laughs. "I can take no credit for that, it was literally ten minutes' work... we are using PS3/360 geometry. It's just the textures we upgraded."
    C: The Co-op play is not limited in the slightest and you can from the vids that it's alot of fun, like a batshit crazy debug mode, and they've still got more they can add.
    Could well be, it's the internet and not unknown for people to be a little less than honest when it comes to posting. Take this with a similar pinch of salt from the same source:

The Wii U has some nice components, and some absolutely awful ones.

In our game, out next month, the textures are the highest resolution of the consoles. but that doesn't really matter much when the CPU stutters and the cars glitch around from time to time because the rest of the console can't handle it. the Wii U is like amazing track tyres and a nitrous injection system attached to a soap box derby car.
    Interesting....
    Here's what they officially said to EG:

"When they first looked at the specs on paper a lot of developers said, 'Well, you know this is a bit lightweight' and they walked away. I think a lot of people have been premature about it in a lot of ways because while it is a lower clock-speed, it punches above its weight in a lot of other areas," he explains.

"So, I think you've got one group of people who walked away, you've got some other people who just dived in and tried and thought, 'Ah... it's not kind of there,' but not many people have done what we've done, which is to sit down and look at where it's weaker and why, but also see where it's stronger and leverage that. It's a different kind of chip and it's not fair to look at its clock-speed and other consoles' clock-speed and compare them as numbers that are relevant. It's not a relevant comparison to make when you have processors that are so divergent. It's apples and oranges."

The DF comparison will be very interesting..

• LeoliansBro 14 Feb 2013 12:22:14 43,609 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    The 360 version is cheaper and none of the additional WiiU stuff is worth it? The Nintendo-flavoured extra content is so wonkily implemented as to detract from the experience and lessen the game? The gamepad map adds nothing and continues to be an annoying distraction in your peripheral vision as with other games? He's worried that given the 'haphazard' development it may not turn out to be optimised to the WiiU's significantly different hardware architecture and therefore run poorly?

Someone quote this pls.

Edited by LeoliansBro at 12:23:09 14-02-2013

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• jellyhead 14 Feb 2013 12:22:57 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    As i said in the comments, i like it when a dev bothers to put some effort in. I'm in Day 1 for this game.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Zizoo 14 Feb 2013 12:25:08 8,232 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    The 360 version is cheaper and none of the additional WiiU stuff is worth it? The Nintendo-flavoured extra content is so wonkily implemented as to detract from the experience and lessen the game? The gamepad map adds nothing and continues to be an annoying distraction in your peripheral vision as with other games? He's worried that given the 'haphazard' development it may not turn out to be optimised to the WiiU's significantly different hardware architecture and therefore run poorly?

Someone quote this pls.
  • LeoliansBro 14 Feb 2013 12:26:13 43,609 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ta.

• nickthegun 14 Feb 2013 12:26:25 59,300 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You also forgot that main pull is the constant barrage of laptimes from people on your friends list. Im guessing most peoples wii u list aint that long.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Razz 14 Feb 2013 12:27:17 60,992 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't have a 360

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• jellyhead 14 Feb 2013 12:28:46 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not too sure about that. My friends-list is growing when i can be bothered to add people and Miiverse makes it easy to add peeps too.

I'm sure it'll be fine. Not that i give a rat's ass about anyone else's times anyway.

edit: I have a 360. Can't remember when i last used it. I think i have 2 dashboard updates awaiting me at least! heh.

Edited by jellyhead at 12:29:31 14-02-2013

• LeoliansBro 14 Feb 2013 12:30:24 43,609 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is classic baiting by ecosse. Another game comes out. He ignores that it could be had cheaper elsewhere and that most everyone who's interested in it has already played it to death.

And then every positive comment on it is pasted in here with a 'looks good' footnote, and no consideration as to source, be it obvious PR bullshit or hype or theorising from someone who couldn't possibly know anything. Conversely, every negative comment is either countered immediately or rejected with a 'let's wait and see when it's out' sidestep.

When it comes out and is crap, or underperforms, as every WiiU game has so far, he'll drop the topic and move on to the next big thing. Don't forget he pimped Nano Assault, a woefully short download game EG gave 4/10, as a 'system seller'.

Edited by LeoliansBro at 12:31:21 14-02-2013

• LeoliansBro 14 Feb 2013 12:31:11 43,609 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    I don't have a 360
    Sell your WiiU, buy a 360 and NFS and enjoy the much larger catalogue of games and the £100 burning a hole in your pocket :)

• jellyhead 14 Feb 2013 12:35:10 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sorry, Leo but my positive comments are genuine. I do apologize to everyone for having fun with my Wii-U and my housemates are too. I'll only post hate from now on.

• Armoured_Bear 14 Feb 2013 12:37:46 10,487 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

Someone quote this pls.
    Another one for the ignore list.

• nickthegun 14 Feb 2013 12:39:20 59,300 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Make sure you PM him to let him know. You wouldnt want him to miss it.

He totally called it

• JuanKerr 14 Feb 2013 12:40:35 36,238 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Quoted, as I assume you're on his 'list' as well.
  • Armoured_Bear 14 Feb 2013 12:41:57 10,487 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Quoted, as I assume you're on his 'list' as well.
    ..and another one.

• nickthegun 14 Feb 2013 12:42:25 59,300 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And now you for quoting me. the end of a once beautiful friendship. He should PM you a bunch of Lillys when he lets you know you are on an express train to ignoretown.

He totally called it

• nickthegun 14 Feb 2013 12:42:39 59,300 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    HAHA!

He totally called it

• mrpon 14 Feb 2013 12:42:43 28,686 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Haha, what a tit you are!

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• neilka 14 Feb 2013 12:44:39 15,805 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Haha, what a tit you are!
    Quoted
  • nickthegun 14 Feb 2013 12:44:50 59,300 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear - HOW CAN YOU BUT JUANKERR ON IGNORE?!?!

He totally called it

• nickthegun 14 Feb 2013 12:45:16 59,300 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear - ITS JUST NOT RIGHT

He totally called it

• nickthegun 14 Feb 2013 12:45:51 59,300 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear - Sorry, please continue

He totally called it

• Sid-Nice 14 Feb 2013 12:48:45 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Wii U enhancements seem to have come at a cost; only 6 online multiplayers (Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed) on the Wii U has 8 players online and handles well. Perhaps EA/Criterion only expects to sell 6 copies? I’m a bit sceptical of the “Father and Son” mode; what is the point? The whole idea of the game is the adrenalin rush speeding towards oncoming traffic, why turn off the oncoming cars?

Don’t worry Wii U haters as I’m sure Richard Leadbetter will find something negative in the final build to keep the “Lets laugh at the Wii U” posts continuing.

NNID Sid-Nice

• neilka 14 Feb 2013 12:51:58 15,805 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Perhaps EA/Criterion only expects to sell 6 copies?
    Optimistic.
  • nickthegun 14 Feb 2013 12:52:21 59,300 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear - Its probably demographics, they felt more people would like the ability to turn cars off.

Like Burnout...3(?) when they turned you into a snow plough and allowed you to barge oncoming traffic out of the way.

If people like it, expect to see it again, if not they will probably take it out.

He totally called it

• Zizoo 14 Feb 2013 12:53:41 8,232 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

Someone quote this pls.
    Another one for the ignore list.
    Really?
  • mrpon 14 Feb 2013 12:54:34 28,686 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Deckard1 14 Feb 2013 12:54:39 27,559 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You brought this on yourself Zizou

Hush you ponce

• nickthegun 14 Feb 2013 12:55:50 59,300 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear - yeah, you should have know better than to quote someone on ecosses well publicised ignore list.

He totally called it

• Page

of 1353 First / Last