Wii U Page 469

• Page

of 1406 First / Last

• Lexx87 10 Feb 2013 11:46:22 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I don't get it. You mean I wear oxygen like some kind of belt?
    I have carbon dioxide shoes

Speak the truth hussy!

• jellyhead 10 Feb 2013 13:47:58 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Damn You, Zen Pinball, Damn You!
    I'm still rubbish but dammit, i keep having 'one more go'

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Sid-Nice 10 Feb 2013 16:44:19 15,851 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm all aches and pains playing Zen Pinball 2; I currently have 10 tables, 16 chairs and 44 napkins. :)

NNID Sid-Nice

• Progguitarist 12 Feb 2013 03:00:22 10,532 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Apparently, Tiger Woods 14 will not be coming to Wii U.

Are EA abandoning it already?
  • ecu 12 Feb 2013 03:26:40 77,305 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It wouldn't surprise me. Didn't EA say recently that they're going to see how the Wii U sells before fully deciding what to release on it? I bet the Wii sales of EA games were pitiful in comparison to the other two consoles.
  • Raiko101 12 Feb 2013 03:30:38 6,697 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Unsurprising, really. A port of the third entry to a series that has a trilogy bundle announced before it's release and a port of a year old game, named after the latest release.

They've got Need for Speed coming, which if decently priced, I might well pick up, but their support has been less than half-assed.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• roz123 12 Feb 2013 06:36:19 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    It wouldn't surprise me. Didn't EA say recently that they're going to see how the Wii U sells before fully deciding what to release on it? I bet the Wii sales of EA games were pitiful in comparison to the other two consoles.
    Apparently Tiger Woods was more popular on the Wii then on the 360/PS3. It sold better and scored better in reviews. Considering it takes more then a couple of months to develop a game EA probably made this decision before the WiiU even released
  • Progguitarist 12 Feb 2013 10:45:08 10,532 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Surprised to see games like DmC, MGR, Crysis 3 and more of the current crop of releases aren't being ported over.

What's actually coming out for Wii U this year? I can think of 4 games.

Lego City.
    Pikmin.
    WindWaker HD.
    Wonderful 101.
  • kinky_mong 12 Feb 2013 10:48:09 10,853 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not worth the effort of downgrading it to sell 4 more copies.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Murbs 12 Feb 2013 10:49:55 22,577 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Not worth the effort of downgrading it to sell 4 more copies.
    Oh he like totally went there! /o\
  • Progguitarist 12 Feb 2013 10:52:54 10,532 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wonder how costly it would be to port games over. Surely it's a very bad sign when companies aren't bothering?
  • Cappy 12 Feb 2013 11:02:25 12,115 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    Apparently Tiger Woods was more popular on the Wii then on the 360/PS3. It sold better and scored better in reviews. Considering it takes more then a couple of months to develop a game EA probably made this decision before the WiiU even released
    A Wii Remote doesn't come as standard with the console anymore, EA probably don't see the pad having the same appeal.
  • Cappy 12 Feb 2013 11:09:54 12,115 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    I wonder how costly it would be to port games over. Surely it's a very bad sign when companies aren't bothering?
    10-15% of total outlay for the lead version is a number I've seen, though sometimes it's been done with even less resources i.e. Bayonetta.

For the Wii U the initial cost of the early ports is going to be higher, we already know that Nintendo haven't provided tools or documentation to third parties, projects like Mass Effect 3 were a years work.

If publishers don't invest resources in tools to ease porting now, it will always be the most expensive option that might not be considered, Nintendo are probably too cheap to commit a team to tools for third parties unfortunately.
  • Psychotext 12 Feb 2013 11:12:08 55,031 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    A Wii Remote doesn't come as standard with the console anymore, EA probably don't see the pad having the same appeal.
    Wow... I had no idea that was the case. That fucking sucks.

Would have been a perfect opportunity to allow every developer to target motion+.
  • Progguitarist 12 Feb 2013 11:21:03 10,532 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Cappy Cheers. Bizarre mentality if that is this case. It really looks like this is headed the same route as the Dreamcast.

I wonder if the classic franchises will be enough to give it a boost.
  • jellyhead 12 Feb 2013 11:27:24 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What's Batman Arkham City like?
    It was cheap on Zavvi so i bought it. I also bought Fitness Evolved, lol. I laugh now but i'm sure it'll give me a coronary on the first set of exercises! hah.

NSMBU is tough. I'm terrible at Mario games though.

Sid, Housemate scored 33 million on ZP2 Mars table. Hop to it! :p

• Kangoo 12 Feb 2013 12:13:43 1,023 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the biggest problem with Nintendo is the Wii distorted how they saw themselves and where they were in the market.

Looking at their sales for previous generations, they have been on the decline since the SNES. Approximate worldwide sales are:

SNES - 49.1 million
    N64 - 32.9 million
    Gamecube - 21.7 million
    Wii - 98 million

The thing that made the Wii a success was the ability for anyone to pick up and play and putting Wii Sports sold the console to everyone who saw it.
    The Wii U doesn't have the same pick up and play set up and is never going to appeal to the casual market like the Wii. Nintendo still have a great back catalogue of characters/franchises, but they need to diversify a bit more. Metroid is a great example of them making a game relevant again, but they need to be doing this a lot more and need some fresh ideas.
    I don't see how they can afford to let the Wii U die as they have invested too heavily in it, but I think they have put too much on the controller and just thought the Wii brand would have people jumping on board.
    It's not like Nintendo haven't misjudged the market before, at least this isn't a disaster like the Virtual Boy.

I thought it would fail after the previous 2 E3's but still took the plunge and picked one up and couple of weeks after release. Got to say it stands out as the biggest regret with any console I have purchased and I am just glad to have got most of my money back after selling it on. Really can't see another Nintendo home console after this and that is a sad day for the industry.

Not really saying anything that hasn't been said before but felt that at least I have tried it and not just jumped on the bandwagon.

PSN: Adwab2

• jellyhead 12 Feb 2013 12:21:15 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm not sure it's all doom and gloom. There's a lot of gloating and hyperbole around at the moment. Nintendo will just carry on doing what they do and those of us that like it will buy their games and be happy.

E3 and the PS Briefing on the 20th will be interesting. I want to see if both Sony and MS go the anti-consumer route with always-online, no second-hand market and cameras that have to be on and watching you in order for you to play games. That Kinect 2.0 rumour is really unnerving to me. Don't like it. I don't want to be permanently watched and analysed while playing games. Odd, very odd.

• Deleted user 12 February 2013 12:25:57
    To be honest i think the wii u sales are reflective of the industry as an whole at the moment.

The 3ds struggled out the blocks, vita and wii u can't sell anything. It seems that conventional gaming is on a downward trend. Its not that people don't have the money - people are happy to pay more for tablets and smartphones. Sony and msoft must be a bit nervous about releasing new consoles this year.

It seems the wii u in america is and japan are doing ok, and on relative parity as the other consoles. Just in the uk it seems to can't sell at all. 34,000 software sales if frankly pathetic. I don't know whether the culture of getting everything at bargain prices is an issue or not.

i don't know. /depressed gamer today
  • jellyhead 12 Feb 2013 12:29:54 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The prices on the eShop aren't helping. 50 for Ken's Rage? Yeah, right.

Disclaimer: I'm mainly a PC gamer so anything over 30 that isn't a special edition makes me pause.

Edited by jellyhead at 12:30:24 12-02-2013

• Deleted user 12 February 2013 12:39:01
    Vita has certainly suffered because of tablets and smartphones, but I don't think it's really affected the WiiU at all.

Bottom line - all people really expect from a next gen console is a HOLY FUCKING SHIT LOOK AT THOSE GRAPHICS!!!!! :o reaction. I really is (initially) as simple as that.

WiiU totally fails to deliver that, so the only other way it could have really been a success would be to appeal to a different market like the Wii did, or have some serious must have exclusive games, and it's kind of failed there as well. So yea, total fail.
  • Psychotext 12 Feb 2013 12:42:28 55,031 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    It seems the wii u in america is and japan are doing ok, and on relative parity as the other consoles.
    Wii U is now doing 12k a week in Japan, which is early Dreamcast figures (and Vita for that matter). In the US I'd be amazed if it broke 200k in February (we'll know in a week).

The only place it's doing "Ok" is in France.
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Feb 2013 12:44:37 11,877 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:
    It seems the wii u in america is and japan are doing ok, and on relative parity as the other consoles.
    Wii U is now doing 12k a week in Japan, which is early Dreamcast figures (and Vita for that matter). In the US I'd be amazed if it broke 200k in February (we'll know in a week).

I think the figures may improve slightly when Pikmin and Monster Hunter come out :-)

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• jellyhead 12 Feb 2013 12:49:04 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    All i expect from a Nintendo console is that it plays Nintendo games. Everything else is a bonus.

• nickthegun 12 Feb 2013 12:50:59 61,270 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pikmin is one of the games people bought the console for. It really isnt going to shift any more units than it already has.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Psychotext 12 Feb 2013 12:54:18 55,031 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pikmin isn't going to do shit, never has.

Monster Hunter might in Japan (though the handheld versions are far, far more popular) but wont make a difference anywhere else.
  • Deleted user 12 February 2013 12:58:29
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:

I think the figures may improve slightly when Pikmin and Monster Hunter come out :-)
  • Cappy 12 Feb 2013 13:23:45 12,115 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Isn't Monster Hunter just an upscaled port of the Monster Hunter game that didn't really do much for the Wii?

Unless Capcom are really pushing the boat out, fans will stick with the copy they bought last time which works with the Wii U anyway.
  • Page

of 1406 First / Last