Wii U Page 466

• Page

of 1370 First / Last

• nickthegun 8 Feb 2013 10:16:30 60,506 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What else am I going to comment on? The paragraph where you say 'well, we didnt want your stupid game anyway, so ner?

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• RyanDS 8 Feb 2013 10:24:13 9,593 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    I assume they realised it was shit and decided the best way to go ahead was to use this as an excuse to do an extra 8 months development, using multiplat as the reason. As opposed to releasing a shit game now that will crash and burn.
    I have to ask, have you ever played Rayman Origins, or even the Wii U demo for Legends?

It is anything but shit ... you sound like a classic case of sour grapes to me!

The 'Castle Rock' sequence (on the demo) is the single best thing on the Wii U, full stop.
    Origins and the demo were great. That does not mean the game itself is great, just the part they showed.
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 10:26:21
    To me the delay tells me it could be going next gen. GTA and Splintercell have been delayed to the same september timeframe as well.

Improved vita and ps4 connectivity? Kinect 2?

Edited by joelstinton at 10:26:35 08-02-2013
  • vyseofhr 8 Feb 2013 10:26:30 858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    [quote=nickthegun]What else am I going to comment on? The paragraph where you say 'well, we didnt want your stupid game anyway, so ner? That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm sure you're clever enough to know that demand is strongly linked with timing, and Ubi have just fucked it up. They're releasing on two consoles at the same time as GTA, and have caused a lot of butthurt (rightly or wrongly) from people who froth Nintendo from the mouth. In autumn, other, bigger, titles will be around (for all consoles) and demand just won't be there.

Edit: so conversation threads aren't mixed.

Edited by vyseofhr at 10:28:07 08-02-2013

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• nickthegun 8 Feb 2013 10:27:49 60,506 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Im sure you know better than a company that just managed to shift 12 million units of a buggy game.

• vyseofhr 8 Feb 2013 10:32:57 858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    On consoles with what size install base? And at what point during their lifecycles? No one was going to a purchase a Wii U for AC3.

• Deleted user 8 February 2013 10:33:08
    vyseofhr wrote:
    [quote=nickthegun]What else am I going to comment on? The paragraph where you say 'well, we didnt want your stupid game anyway, so ner?
    That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm sure you're clever enough to know that demand is strongly linked with timing, and Ubi have just fucked it up. They're releasing on two consoles at the same time as GTA, and have caused a lot of butthurt (rightly or wrongly) from people who froth Nintendo from the mouth. In autumn, other, bigger, titles will be around (for all consoles) and demand just won't be there.

Edit: so conversation threads aren't mixed. 1 million people desperate for anything to play vs 1 million people still desperate for something to play plus a few million with some interest in playing it.

What other bigger titles for the WiiU are you referring to?
  • nickthegun 8 Feb 2013 10:33:42 60,506 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thats not really my point, vyhdofhsfodjf.

• jellyhead 8 Feb 2013 10:37:34 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Aargh. He said bigger games for all the consoles not just Wii-U.

I'll be expecting the usual Nintendo 1st party games towards the end of the year. Mario or Mario Kart for a starter. Notr necessarily in September but close enough to make me pause.

Depends on what is out for the PC at that time too for me.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Deleted user 8 February 2013 10:38:02
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    The 'Castle Rock' sequence (on the demo) is the single best thing on the Wii U, full stop.
    That was a fun level but a reskinned 'Impossible Game' is not tantamount to the best thing on WiiU.

Rayman Legends will undoubtedly be good but I doubt I'll enjoy it as much as Mario WiiU.
  • Armoured_Bear 8 Feb 2013 10:39:36 11,365 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think for me atm ZombiU is the best thing on Wii, it's bloody brilliant.
    Utterly captivating.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• nickthegun 8 Feb 2013 10:39:46 60,506 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:

I'll be expecting the usual Nintendo 1st party games towards the end of the year. Mario or Mario Kart for a starter. Notr necessarily in September but close enough to make me pause.
    If they dont get MK or a AAAAAA Mario game out in time for christmas, you may as well offer up your Wii U on a pyre.

• vyseofhr 8 Feb 2013 10:40:04 858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Just call me Vyse. ;)
    Well, given you have no idea what I do as a profession, you'll just have to take my word for it. I'm not saying I know better, but I can assure you I'm qualified and experienced enough to be able to comment. For the sake of the game, I hope I'm wrong. I don't want it to fail.

And Aaargh. Zelda WW HD is supposedly out the same month. Rayman won't stand a chance against it (again, rightly or wrongly).

• Deleted user 8 February 2013 10:40:40
    As a qualifier I enjoyed Origins though it was lacking in ideas once you got past the excellent presentation.
  • jellyhead 8 Feb 2013 10:42:13 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    jellyhead wrote:

I'll be expecting the usual Nintendo 1st party games towards the end of the year. Mario or Mario Kart for a starter. Not necessarily in September but close enough to make me pause.
    If they dont get MK or a AAAAAA Mario game out in time for christmas, you may as well offer up your Wii U on a pyre.
    Why? My 360 is bigger and less used so surely that would be better fuel?
    A PS3 would be even better for keeping warm but i don't have one.

• nickthegun 8 Feb 2013 10:44:08 60,506 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    vyseofhr wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Just call me Vyse. ;)
    Well, given you have no idea what I do as a profession, you'll just have to take my word for it. I'm not saying I know better, but I can assure you I'm qualified and experienced enough to be able to comment. For the sake of the game, I hope I'm wrong. I don't want it to fail.

And Aaargh. Zelda WW HD is supposedly out the same month. Rayman won't stand a chance against it (again, rightly or wrongly).
    Well, clearly you have no idea what I do for a living and I feel that im qualified and experienced enough to make a comment without my nintendo pants on.

• Deleted user 8 February 2013 10:44:38
    vyseofhr wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Just call me Vyse. ;)

A ten year remake is not really competition though is it? It's pretty much been admitted as placeholder by Nintendo in the Direct vids for people to play while they wait for the true WiiU Zelda.

Also, it's one game in the same month of a completely different genre. Hardly the stuff of legendary rivalry.
  • nickthegun 8 Feb 2013 10:44:48 60,506 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    Why? My 360 is bigger and less used so surely that would be better fuel?
    A PS3 would be even better for keeping warm but i don't have one.
    The liquid crystal burns hotter.

• vyseofhr 8 Feb 2013 10:45:11 858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I haven't questioned your knowledge anywhere. I just disagree with you.

• Zomoniac 8 Feb 2013 10:45:31 7,857 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    jellyhead wrote:

Indeed. Discounting remakes, Pikmin 3 is now the only system seller confirmed to be coming out within the first year-and-a-bit of the console's lifespan. And that will probably end up slipping. They managed to go from "look, Mario 3D Land and MK7 exist" to having them on shelves in an unusually quick turnaround for Nintendo, about 6 months I think, so there's still a chance it could happen. But if they go through Christmas with nothing but a plasticinified version of a 10 year old game (however good that game was I don't think a remake is going to shift a few million units of hardware) then they're in big trouble.
  • nickthegun 8 Feb 2013 10:47:23 60,506 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    vyseofhr wrote:
    Me too. I just whipped out my experience penis because I thought thats what we were doing now.

• nickthegun 8 Feb 2013 10:48:17 60,506 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Pikmin 3 is now the only system seller confirmed to be coming out within the first year-and-a-bit of the console's lifespan.
    Pikmin isnt a system seller.

• Armoured_Bear 8 Feb 2013 10:48:21 11,365 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    They'll clearly be a third party software publisher SEGA style by the end of the year at the very latest.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deleted user 8 February 2013 10:49:11
    jellyhead wrote:
    I know that, I expect the other consoles to have big games in the autumn but the entire future of the WiiU seems to revolve around some Rayman game and a remake of a 10 year old game that most early adopters of a Nintendo console will have already played.

Edited by Aargh. at 10:49:28 08-02-2013
  • roz123 8 Feb 2013 10:49:14 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    I'd heard AC3 was a buggy mess in general which is why i avoided it. AC3 has a lot of issues on all platforms that have put me off it. Is it any good on the Wii-U?
    I didn't have any problems with bugs on the WiiU version except a couple of times it crashed the console when it was starting up. I got up to New York but then got a little bored. Might go back to it but I found most of the game seemed to be not much more then travelling large distances to do something mundane.
  • jellyhead 8 Feb 2013 10:49:47 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I reckon Monster Hunter will have a great time, Scribblenauts would have gone down a treat if it wasn't 50 in the eShop. That's a missed opportunity right there.

• vyseofhr 8 Feb 2013 10:51:19 858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    vyseofhr wrote:
    Me too. I just whipped out my experience penis because I thought thats what we were doing now.
    Share and compare, share and compare ;)

• Zomoniac 8 Feb 2013 10:52:44 7,857 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Pikmin 3 is now the only system seller confirmed to be coming out within the first year-and-a-bit of the console's lifespan.
    Pikmin isnt a system seller.
    True. I'll rephrase that; the only game that more dedicated gamers might consider worth buying hardware for. It's not going to sell Wii U in vast numbers to the wider audience but it will be a tipping point for a reasonable number of the likes of us, I should imagine.
  • nickthegun 8 Feb 2013 10:52:59 60,506 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    Scribblenauts would have gone down a treat if it wasn't 50 in the eShop.
    Overpriced by at least 49.39

• vyseofhr 8 Feb 2013 10:54:21 858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    jellyhead wrote:
    I know that, I expect the other consoles to have big games in the autumn but the entire future of the WiiU seems to revolve around some Rayman game and a remake of a 10 year old game that most early adopters of a Nintendo console will have already played.

Edited by Aargh. at 10:49:28 08-02-2013
    Agreed, but if you factor in that most people own two or even three consoles then Rayman just gets punted further and further down the list.

• Page

of 1370 First / Last