Wii U Page 465

• Page

of 1362 First / Last

• Telepathic.Geometry 7 Feb 2013 23:47:39 11,317 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Retro should be working on a new Zelda game. I know they aren't, but they should be...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Raiko101 7 Feb 2013 23:54:46 6,295 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Syrette I think so. I think.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Jazzy_Geoff 8 Feb 2013 00:11:57 7,767 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    yeah but also, it's shit because there is no real overworld and instead you have to chug around in a boat and the end of the game is a big chore
  • Raiko101 8 Feb 2013 00:17:31 6,295 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They could do what they did with Phantom Hourglass and allow you to draw out a route on your map. That was alright. It worked.

• Baleoce 8 Feb 2013 00:37:54 1,185 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    On a more fundamental note about the Rayman issue, this is clearly a business move, and rightly so. But more to the point, Ubisofts decision is clearly a sobering realization that Wii U sales figures aren't what they expected them to be at this point in time.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• beastmaster 8 Feb 2013 00:59:53 11,408 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Problem with it is that people 'in the know' are waiting for new console announcements etc. The ones who are not, don't know or care that it exists.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• neilka 8 Feb 2013 01:00:36 15,907 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    I remember when they released Mario All-Stars on the wii as the Mario anniversary tribute and they just slapped the SNES ROM onto a disc and charged 40. And people think WW will have extra content? Bwah ha ha ha!
    Let's not forget the EG review:

But perhaps the greatest value of this pack is the packaging itself. Owning a physical copy of Super Mario All-Stars on Wii allows these games to sit proudly on your shelf, a statement to everyone who enters your home and sees it. Here is a game that, in some tiny way, made me the person I am today. Celebrate that with me.

Is a ROM cheaper? Absolutely. Does it offer the same amount of value? Not even close.
    Jesus wept.

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• Psychotext 8 Feb 2013 02:24:39 54,163 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Miiverse reaction to the Rayman Legends announcement.

• Baleoce 8 Feb 2013 02:35:27 1,185 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sad thing is, they've obviously decided due to lower than expected console sales, that the potential playerbase on Wii U is too small to justify an exclusive, so for all that sea of anger and disappointment blowup in miiverse/facebook/twitter, I bet Ubisoft (at the business end) give very little fucks right now, as opposed to all the other platforms being excited that they suddenly not only have a game, but also a release date. I'm sure the Ubisoft devs are genuinely gutted by the ties decision though. Probably not known about it for much longer than us. I mean.. it was all good to go.

Edited by Baleoce at 02:36:14 08-02-2013

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• Raiko101 8 Feb 2013 05:03:14 6,295 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wow. That's 17 minutes long and it barely passes 2 hours of posts. There's thousands of them. They really should have just gone ahead with the Wii U release anyway. Didn't Origins sell better on Wii last time around? Or am I just making things up?

• Armoured_Bear 8 Feb 2013 06:18:06 10,980 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post allegedly from one of the devs:

"I completely understand you but you have to understand one thing. This is not a decission taken by the development team, this comes from really really high up, so please don't pick on the game.

If you're pissed, imagine how we feel. Think on the situation, we've been making overtime with this game practically since May preparing E3, and then almost a demo per month (gamescon, Wii U presentation, shops, eShop, etc...) and at the same time trying to actually finish the game. We had a first delay because it was obvious we couldn't finish on time but we gave it all to be there on February. What face do you think we had when the week we had to close the game we're being told it's not going to be released? I couldn't believe it.

For practical matters, you'll have to wait for some months for the game to be released and will most likely serve for more content to be added and do it better. For us, this means we've spent 6 months barely seeing our wifes, kids, and friends for nothing because, after all, such a haste wasn't needed. Believe it, it was a hell to swallow these news.

Even then I'm firm in what I said back in the day, Rayman Legends is an excellent game and will still be, and the team that's making it doesn't deserve to have your back turned on them just because some men in ties one day took a wrong choice. This industry is really that shitty"

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• davidplayturn 8 Feb 2013 07:29:45 4 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    A great console. You have to wait a little more.

Because its great games haven't come out yet.
  • Aretak 8 Feb 2013 07:36:01 10,351 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    Wow. That's 17 minutes long and it barely passes 2 hours of posts. There's thousands of them. They really should have just gone ahead with the Wii U release anyway. Didn't Origins sell better on Wii last time around? Or am I just making things up?
    Whilst there may be a lot of angry Wii U owners right now, they're still going to be vastly outnumbered by the 360/PS3 owners who will now purchase the game. Not to mention that not all the Wii U owners claiming they'll boycott it actually will (especially if there's still almost sod all else to play on the system come September).

As for Origins, VGChartz (lol) reckon it sold 0.72m on PS3, 0.55m on 360 and only 0.42m on Wii.
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 08:40:03
    That is a lot of hate.

I must admit to being a little disappointed as the demo was great, but I do see the reasoning behind the move.

I think I'm more concerned as to when Beyond Good and Evil 2 will finally emerge.

Gamewise for the WiiU's immediate future looks a bit more barren but I think I'll take the opportunity to check out the Wii back catalogue.

Is there a date for Wonderful 101?
  • CharlieStCloud 8 Feb 2013 08:50:03 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Aretak wrote:
    As for Origins, VGChartz (lol) reckon it sold 0.72m on PS3, 0.55m on 360 and only 0.42m on Wii.
    Wow!

I really thought it was the other way round; Wii > Xbox 360 > PlayStation 3 ... I reckon Rayman Legends will do just fine when it comes out in September.

Some of the comments elsewhere on the web, especially from Nintendo fans, are utterly ridiculous, like it is a conspiracy against them. Jesus wept ... it's still coming out on the Wii U, you know!
  • jellyhead 8 Feb 2013 08:59:22 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's shitty for the developers having to work for such useless management who can't even be bothered to put out a proper announcement and then getting the backlash. Lads, Put off-tv play in Legends and watch it fly off the shelves still. You've got 7 months thanks to the boss, now go! :)

That's if the game was even in a fit state to be released which i now doubt. I'd say they went on a go slow in September ready to delay the launch.

Yet again, shitty journalism and bad PR cause a sensation. RichIGN knew what he was doing and fanned the flames and then the announcement is tantamount to a gloat.

What did Ubisoft expect? I mean, really? I know i'll send them some cake to say thanks. ha ha ha ha. I've nop problem with "business decisions" but not to expect a passionate outcry? Fucking mental.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Zomoniac 8 Feb 2013 09:22:01 7,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I completely understand their decision to make it multiplatform, but to delay it like this? Releasing it on Wii U in March as planned then the other two in September would've made so much more sense and saved them a whole lot of hate. I bought a Wii U last week just to play this game. I now have a very expensive paperweight (yes I know I should've waited till it actually came out). Given how good it is, had they done a Wii U launch then another version 6 months later I'd probably have bought them both. Plus a Vita one.

Still, at least I can play the demo for another seven months. As long as I don't want to play it more than another 23 times...
  • nickthegun 8 Feb 2013 09:25:44 59,854 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As ridiculous as it sounds, they are probably afraid that the stench of Wii U will taint it when its released on the two consoles on which it stands a chance of shifting units.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• RyanDS 8 Feb 2013 09:32:22 9,350 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I assume they realised it was shit and decided the best way to go ahead was to use this as an excuse to do an extra 8 months development, using multiplat as the reason. As opposed to releasing a shit game now that will crash and burn.
  • RunningMan 8 Feb 2013 09:35:08 2,403 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The delay is just to save on the marketing. No point in marketing it to WiiU and then again in 8 months. Plus the wiiU install base will be larger in September (one hopes).
  • vyseofhr 8 Feb 2013 09:47:20 844 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    As ridiculous as it sounds, they are probably afraid that the stench of Wii U will taint it when its released on the two consoles on which it stands a chance of shifting units.
    Against GTA? Not a snowball's chance in hell. That's why the decision's so bizarre.

Due to the lack of new games to play I was considering buying this this month. The game should have achieved a decent attach rate on Wii U; a high quality title on a system lacking new games at present would have driven game sales on Ninty's console at the very least. Now it's been moved to September cross-format? Nope. It'll sell far less than if it had been timed exlcusivity. It has to compete with the aforementioned GTA, Assassin's Creed, plus Zelda, Pokemon, the inevitable new FIFA... and that's just the tip of the iceberg. They're sending it out to die.

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• jellyhead 8 Feb 2013 09:53:59 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RunningMan wrote:
    The delay is just to save on the marketing. No point in marketing it to WiiU and then again in 8 months. Plus the wiiU install base will be larger in September (one hopes).
    Late ports don't sell, i've been told. Also if the 7 moth-old discounted Wii-U version with Murphy levels is 20 in September and the PS360 owners are paying 50 there may be some gnashing of teeth. Oh! no, there won't. It's only Nintendo fans that have meltdowns.

We should be happy it seems. Thank you Ubisoft, guvnor. Bless your cockles.

... That's if it was even ready for release at all.

• nickthegun 8 Feb 2013 09:55:00 59,854 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    vyseofhr wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Against GTA? Not a snowball's chance in hell. That's why the decision's so bizarre.
    What are the other Wii U users going to play when everyone else is playing GTA 5? Seems like the perfect time to release it.

• CharlieStCloud 8 Feb 2013 09:55:03 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    I assume they realised it was shit and decided the best way to go ahead was to use this as an excuse to do an extra 8 months development, using multiplat as the reason. As opposed to releasing a shit game now that will crash and burn.
    I have to ask, have you ever played Rayman Origins, or even the Wii U demo for Legends?

It is anything but shit ... you sound like a classic case of sour grapes to me!

The 'Castle Rock' sequence (on the demo) is the single best thing on the Wii U, full stop.

Edited by CharlieStCloud at 09:58:04 08-02-2013
  • nickthegun 8 Feb 2013 09:55:50 59,854 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also, does anyone know how many AC3 sold on the Wii U?

• Deckard1 8 Feb 2013 09:57:54 27,981 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
  • jellyhead 8 Feb 2013 10:02:10 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd heard AC3 was a buggy mess in general which is why i avoided it. AC3 has a lot of issues on all platforms that have put me off it. Is it any good on the Wii-U?

• nickthegun 8 Feb 2013 10:04:55 59,854 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dunno, but I can confirm it was a buggy mess on the 360, so I cant imagine the Wii U version was much different.

• Mr-Brett 8 Feb 2013 10:06:30 12,785 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The sad thing is that they could release the Wii U version and then release the others later but won't be purely for marketing reasons. The will want to put all their marketing bucks into one push for all platforms, yay for publishers!

Edit: About Rayman, not Ass Cred 3.

Edited by Mr-Brett at 10:06:55 08-02-2013

Portable view - Never forget.

• vyseofhr 8 Feb 2013 10:12:02 844 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    vyseofhr wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    What are the other Wii U users going to play when everyone else is playing GTA 5? Seems like the perfect time to release it.
    Interesting that you only quote the part of an entire point that you can think of a pithy comment to fall back on.

Just re: Assassin's Creed 3. I don't know how many it sold, but it was a fair to middling port, not developed with Wii in mind. It's not really comparing apples with apples, if that's the angle you're looking at; although to men in suits, I admit it probably did have an impact. What they should have been doing is looking at ZombiU, which had a much higher attach rate among early adopters.

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• Page

of 1362 First / Last