Wii U Page 463

  • Page

    of 1362 First / Last

  • Armoured_Bear 7 Feb 2013 18:22:48 11,009 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    jellyhead wrote:
    ... isn't Wind Waker HD due around September time?
    End of the year on WiiU. Been available for ages on the PC.
    It's a remake so stop taking shit.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • jellyhead 7 Feb 2013 18:23:36 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @ronuds Yeah, it will. I'm sure we'll have the same meltdowns with the other consoles too. Launches are tough.

    @Armoured_Bear He means on Dolphin, the emulator.

    Edited by jellyhead at 18:24:41 07-02-2013

    This signature intentionally left blank.

  • Baleoce 7 Feb 2013 18:34:21 1,185 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago


    What's done is done, but it's still quite funny to look at.

    Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

  • jellyhead 7 Feb 2013 18:36:39 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, from what i'm hearing it was all lies anyway. They were doing user testing at christmas still according to a ubisoft apologist on GAF.

    This signature intentionally left blank.

  • ronuds 7 Feb 2013 18:39:37 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @jellyhead I was talking about the penis flying onto the screen gif...
  • Dirtbox 7 Feb 2013 18:39:49 78,136 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    jellyhead wrote:
    ... isn't Wind Waker HD due around September time?
    End of the year on WiiU. Been available for ages on the PC.
    It's a remake so stop taking shit.
    Windwaker HD on the PC

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • malloc 7 Feb 2013 18:42:18 2,346 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hope it sells terribly just to teach Ubisoft a lesson not to mess about with release dates and announcements. Fair play if a game doesn't sell well and needs to move to mplat to make back the money but otherwise looks like blatant lying. Hope Ubi and Ns relationship is strong tho'.
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Feb 2013 18:47:46 11,009 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    @ ronuds Yeah, it will. I'm sure we'll have the same meltdowns with the other consoles too. Launches are tough.

    @Armoured_Bear He means on Dolphin, the emulator.
    I know that's what he means, he's trolling.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • jellyhead 7 Feb 2013 18:49:03 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh, my bad. I usually try not to feed trolls too.

    This signature intentionally left blank.

  • Armoured_Bear 7 Feb 2013 18:49:05 11,009 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    jellyhead wrote:
    ... isn't Wind Waker HD due around September time?
    End of the year on WiiU. Been available for ages on the PC.
    It's a remake so stop taking shit.
    Windwaker HD on the PC
    Yes, looks great.
    Windwaker HD WiiU is a remake.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Aretak 7 Feb 2013 18:49:44 10,351 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    malloc wrote:
    Hope it sells terribly just to teach Ubisoft a lesson not to mess about with release dates and announcements. Fair play if a game doesn't sell well and needs to move to mplat to make back the money but otherwise looks like blatant lying. Hope Ubi and Ns relationship is strong tho'.
    It selling terribly isn't going to do anything other than A) further convince them they were right to not just release it on the Wii U and B) lead to less games like this in the future. If it sells really poorly on Wii U in particular now, it's also going to harm the console's third party support in the future. Cutting off your nose to spite your face, innit.
  • Dirtbox 7 Feb 2013 18:54:29 78,136 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    jellyhead wrote:
    ... isn't Wind Waker HD due around September time?
    End of the year on WiiU. Been available for ages on the PC.
    It's a remake so stop taking shit.
    Windwaker HD on the PC
    Yes, looks great.
    Windwaker HD WiiU is a remake.
    You keep saying that like it's a thing of magic, but it'll be the same shitty game with the same shitty lack of anything interesting to do.

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • richardiox 7 Feb 2013 18:59:40 5,596 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah its 95% the same game with extra visuals that arguably make it looks worse than the original in Dolphin.
  • ronuds 7 Feb 2013 19:00:52 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, but IT'S A REMAKE! So it's better.
  • Aretak 7 Feb 2013 19:02:45 10,351 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A lot of people seem to be under the impression that they're going to massively rework the game and add back cut dungeons and stuff, rather than putting in the absolute minimal effort like they usually do.

    Edited by Aretak at 19:02:57 07-02-2013
  • kalel 7 Feb 2013 19:02:53 87,583 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wind Waker was/is great, but even if it's a "remake" it's still a ten year old game. That really really shouldn't be the best reason to get a WiiU.
  • Progguitarist 7 Feb 2013 19:07:54 10,439 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Aretak Dont' you go shattering those illusions now y'hear?

    :D
  • ecureuil 7 Feb 2013 19:09:12 76,799 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Did they actually say that they were adding new stuff? I got the impression the only thing they've done is ruined the visual style.
  • King_Edward 7 Feb 2013 19:16:25 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Did they actually say that they were adding new stuff? I got the impression the only thing they've done is ruined the visual style.
    Eww...
  • ronuds 7 Feb 2013 19:19:58 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are they standing in mud or are their feet just incredibly small?

    Edited by ronuds at 19:20:13 07-02-2013
  • Cappy 7 Feb 2013 19:24:37 11,930 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is Windwaker HD actually a remake though?

    Resident Evil for the Gamecube is entirely rebuilt, new geometry throughout, when you say remake that's what people are expecting.

    On the Gamecube again, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, again entirely rebuilt, new geometry throughout. That's what people should be referring to when they say remake.

    Windwaker HD though... Well, that appears to be the same old geometry from what I see, they've just let somebody diddle with the textures and put iffy looking replacements in their place so now it looks like an emulator hack.

    Maybe that's a Nintendo style remake.
  • ronuds 7 Feb 2013 19:36:51 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What would be the benefit of having new geometry throughout?
  • MoGamer2006 7 Feb 2013 19:38:46 975 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We've seen - what? - three, four static screens from WW HD? And as I understand it, no real info other than that it's being remade in HD with improved art and some tweaks?

    Quite how you gaming internet experts can use that very thin amount of data to deduce that the game will be an an embarrassing flop of momunemtal proportions is quite breathtaking - well done, one and all!
  • Deleted user 7 February 2013 19:38:52
    ronuds wrote:
    What would be the benefit of having new geometry throughout?
    They could make the underlying game actually good instead of tedium disguised by pretty visuals.
  • captainrentboy 7 Feb 2013 19:40:57 991 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Reading over the last few pages, it's strange how quickly the opinion has changed on how good Rayman will end up being. When it was an exclusive Wii U release it was going to be absolutely fantastic, the next big 'must have' title...
    Now, not so much huh?
    Personally I'm overjoyed, loved the last one and this one should be better again. Yeay!

    Edited by captainrentboy at 19:42:07 07-02-2013
  • Cappy 7 Feb 2013 19:42:10 11,930 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    What would be the benefit of having new geometry throughout?
    It means they would have to rebuild every single character model, every rock, every tree, then tackle the animations.

    It would actually be... A remake.
  • jellyhead 7 Feb 2013 19:49:46 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Did they actually say that they were adding new stuff? I got the impression the only thing they've done is ruined the visual style.
    It's not even the final style. they were messing about with the renderer and realised they could make a HD version quite easily so they showed us what they had so far.

    I'm sure they're going to tweak it a little between now and release. who knows, they may even change some of the content. At this time, who can tell?

    This signature intentionally left blank.

  • ronuds 7 Feb 2013 19:51:48 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    What would be the benefit of having new geometry throughout?
    It means they would have to rebuild every single character model, every rock, every tree, then tackle the animations.

    It would actually be... A remake.
    I understand that. I'm wondering more in gameplay terms?

    Sorry for not being clear.
  • King_Edward 7 Feb 2013 19:53:45 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MoGamer2006 wrote:
    We've seen - what? - three, four static screens from WW HD? And as I understand it, no real info other than that it's being remade in HD with improved art and some tweaks?

    Quite how you gaming internet experts can use that very thin amount of data to deduce that the game will be an an embarrassing flop of momunemtal proportions is quite breathtaking - well done, one and all!
    Who said it would flop? Just that it's a remake of an old game, and not likely to top anyone's "must have" list.
  • jellyhead 7 Feb 2013 19:55:15 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @captainrentboy It was a great game in february. In september with other games around and new consoles on the way people are wondering if it will still hold the same appeal?

    According to pyronite on GAF, the game wasn't even ready with launch in three weeks. So it's more that Ubisoft are full of it by claiming exclusivity, which no-one believed anyway, and that it was going to launch in Feb after slipping from Christmas.

    Hard to be happy wiht someone who treats you like that, eh? I can understand the disappointment. Have a look at the Ubi facebook page and miiverse most wii-u owners couldn't care less about the multiplat it's the delay and obvious lies about the launch that are the main call-outs.

    This signature intentionally left blank.

  • Page

    of 1362 First / Last

Log in or register to reply