Wii U Page 461

• Page

of 1345 First / Last

• Armoured_Bear 7 Feb 2013 16:34:37 10,258 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Lol at Ecosse implying the WiiU isn't selling because it hasn't been given enough shelf space.

The two things are proportional, but the other way round.
    Not just after release, I've never seen such a muted console release since day one.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Gambit1977 7 Feb 2013 16:35:27 9,583 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rayman delayed until the multi-platform release! :evil:
    Getting a bit sick of it now.
  • nickthegun 7 Feb 2013 16:38:28 58,782 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would try to get used to it

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Armoured_Bear 7 Feb 2013 16:39:59 10,258 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Delaying the WiiU version till then is pretty dickish.

• L_Franko Moderator 7 Feb 2013 16:40:05 9,694 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Genuinely feeling sorry for the people that bought one now.
  • Gambit1977 7 Feb 2013 16:46:16 9,583 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aliens 'the best version (outsourced)'....delayed
    Rayman - completed...delayed

:mad:

At least it was cheap.
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Feb 2013 16:47:34 10,258 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I wonder what happened.
    Ubisoft agree exclusivity deal with Nintendo but due to concern at shit WiiU sales go back and ask for more dosh. Nintendo refuse and Ubisoft reply with a swift "fuck you" it's delayed till September.
    ??

• jellyhead 7 Feb 2013 16:48:44 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cheers, Franko!
    You sit there miserable for me while me and my housemates have fun with Pinball & Nintendo Land :)

Sure some people will not be having a fun time but unless you're new to the whole scene you know what Nintendo are like and what to expect. I'm happy with the games i have until they roll out the daisycutters.

If you're a non-PC or one console kind of guy then yeah, it'll get better but it's a bit dry for now.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• jellyhead 7 Feb 2013 16:52:06 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Delaying the WiiU version till then is pretty dickish.
    Yup, that's Ubisoft for you though. Bunch of dicktits.

They're also sending it out to die as they are releasing it at the same time as GTAV. Luckily they have slightly different markets or GTAV would trample Rayman.

• vyseofhr 7 Feb 2013 16:52:55 818 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Releasing ANYTHING on PS360 in the same month as GTA is fucking nuts anyway.

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• King_Edward 7 Feb 2013 16:53:19 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I wonder what happened.
    Ubisoft agree exclusivity deal with Nintendo but due to concern at shit WiiU sales go back with a swift "fuck you" it's delayed till September.
    ??
    Ftfy.
  • Baleoce 7 Feb 2013 16:55:21 1,185 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm honestly happy that more people will now be able to experience this game. I enjoyed the hell out of Origins and the demo is stunning.

I'm just conflicted because this title was a huge swing for me buying the Wii U at launch. I'm a platforming nut. I knew (apparently) that it was going to be a Q1 fixture in their (albeit it massive) launch window, and it was quite honestly one of the few games I wanted to play, but I took the plunge anyway. Yes, I'll still be able to play it, yes, I'll just be patient. But would I have got a Wii U at launch with this knowledge? I doubt it.

If LEGO City gets delayed too, I'll start flipping tables.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• jellyhead 7 Feb 2013 16:55:50 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rayman will be in the bargain bin by november i'll pick it up then. Might even buy it second-hand.

Edited by jellyhead at 16:56:06 07-02-2013

• kalel 7 Feb 2013 16:55:53 86,316 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't really see how it benefits Ubi to delay it. Is the WiiU really such a disaster that releasing a game on it effectively 'taints' it for release on other consoles?
  • imamazed 7 Feb 2013 16:57:18 5,520 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I don't really see how it benefits Ubi to delay it. Is the WiiU really such a disaster that releasing a game on it effectively 'taints' it for release on other consoles?
    yes
  • Deckard1 7 Feb 2013 16:59:34 27,111 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Great console guys. Well done to all those involved.
  • Baleoce 7 Feb 2013 17:01:15 1,185 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I'm guessing that by September it would have been in the used sections of GAME (being an offline platformer and all) on Wii U for a fairly reduced amount. Perhaps they just didn't want to have a situation where consumers go into high-street stores, or even amazon and see the Wii U version at a low used price, next to the newly released versions on the other two, with Ubisoft still (presumably) wanting to charge new retail price for the PS3/360 versions.

• jellyhead 7 Feb 2013 17:01:26 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hey, UBISOFT!

• kalel 7 Feb 2013 17:03:44 86,316 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Baleoce wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    I'm guessing that by September it would have been in the used sections of GAME (being an offline platformer and all) on Wii U for a fairly reduced amount. Perhaps they just didn't want to have a situation where consumers go into high-street stores, or even amazon and see the Wii U version at a low used price, next to the newly released versions on the other two, with Ubisoft still (presumably) wanting to charge new retail price for the PS3/360 versions.
    Yeah, that makes sense.
  • King_Edward 7 Feb 2013 17:05:22 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Plus they'd have to advertise twice.
  • Baleoce 7 Feb 2013 17:05:46 1,185 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Also (I may be wrong but), isn't September going to be fairly busy in the release schedule department? I was under the impression that part of the reason for Origins lower than forcasted sales, was the fact it released near the same time as titles like Skyrim (not that someone who buys an RPG would necessarily be interested in a platformer, but regardless, if it's a heavy schedule, then the consumer is going to think more about where their money is going).

• mumtoucher 7 Feb 2013 17:06:34 263 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hey all, long time lurker on this page - I can't believe this BS from Nintendo, I have a Wii U and can't believe I fell for it again - this is the LAST time nintendo you pricks!!!!!
  • nickthegun 7 Feb 2013 17:08:35 58,782 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Baleoce wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Yeah, that makes sense.
    And also the exact opposite thing to what happened with all the multiplatform releases.

BATMAN! MASS EFFECT! (just ignore that they are 12 quid on the other two)

He totally called it

• Aretak 7 Feb 2013 17:16:42 10,345 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Baleoce wrote:
    Also (I may be wrong but), isn't September going to be fairly busy in the release schedule department? I was under the impression that part of the reason for Origins lower than forcasted sales, was the fact it released near the same time as titles like Skyrim (not that someone who buys an RPG would necessarily be interested in a platformer, but regardless, if it's a heavy schedule, then the consumer is going to think more about where their money is going).
    I'd imagine the sums will have been done and the decision made that they'll still profit more doing it this way. I guess September is just about the earliest they could get it out if the decision to port it over to the PS3/360 was only made recently, and delaying it even further to avoid GTA V would only see it run into the new consoles and CoD and whatever else is coming at the end of the year.

Edited by Aretak at 17:17:07 07-02-2013
  • nickthegun 7 Feb 2013 17:21:00 58,782 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To be fair on Ubi, delaying the Wii U version until GTA 5 makes perfect business sense. You guys are going to need something to play, right?

He totally called it

• Baleoce 7 Feb 2013 17:29:11 1,185 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm just waiting for a "well, you said you wanted multiplatform support.." xD

• Raiko101 7 Feb 2013 17:32:17 6,055 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This story has just made me realise I wasn't actually all that interested in picking this up. Had it been a launch title I would have gone for it, but i've got enough to keep me going at the moment and there other releases i'm looking forward to far more.

That's not to say this isn't a shitty move though, as many have been waiting for it. It's not like third party titles don't sell on the Wii U. Sonic All-Star Racing has sold a quarter of it's total sales on the Wii U, which is impressive considering the user base is currently 1/20th the size of the other consoles.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Dirtbox 7 Feb 2013 17:35:32 77,461 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    But what about THE BOMB, guys?

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Deckard1 7 Feb 2013 17:36:39 27,111 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah well I didn't want your stupid game anyways.
  • Cappy 7 Feb 2013 17:51:33 11,828 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So what's next?

Realisation that most of the other games Nintendo teased you with aren't even going to be available this year probably.

The old Nintendo bait and switch, works every time.
  • Page

of 1345 First / Last