• Page

of 1353 First / Last

• kickerconspiracy 1 Feb 2013 10:38:42 495 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
  • jellyhead 1 Feb 2013 11:12:37 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm not alarmed. As long as Nintendo don't go under and are able to deliver their 1st party IPs at some point i'm happy. I'd love more 3rd party support but for me that's just gravy. The meat of a Nintendo console are the Nintendo games and everyone knows they are sparse.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Armoured_Bear 2 Feb 2013 23:41:20 10,502 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Some Q&A

Q. What is the timeframe of the new software you were mentioning? What about the development structure?

Iwata : we are not thinking about a long timeframe. We are thinking about Mid year up to End of the year 2013. We also have games that are slated for end of the year that we havent mentioned yet.

\o/

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deleted user 3 February 2013 01:51:21
    I had a couple of friends come over today who previously didn't really know or care what the WiiU was.

Upon showing them ZombiU's asymetrical multplayer and then showing them the two screen gameplay in the singleplayer they were reasonably impressed.

As others have said, Nintendo have struggled with communicating the appeal of the console, it's a really nice machine, it deserves to be successful.
  • Psychotext 3 Feb 2013 09:24:42 53,915 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Something about the way you put that amused me. I can see them giving each other "oh god, humour him, he's off again" looks. :D
  • CharlieStCloud 3 Feb 2013 09:42:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Some Q&A

Q. What is the timeframe of the new software you were mentioning? What about the development structure?

Iwata : we are not thinking about a long timeframe. We are thinking about Mid year up to End of the year 2013. We also have games that are slated for end of the year that we havent mentioned yet.

\o/
    The link no longer works?

If they can get Mario Kart and/or the new 3D Mario out before Christmas and bundle the game(s) with the Wii U for 200... it'll go a long way, but of course, this is Nintendo we are talking about and they shall most likely want 300 for it instead, just like the 'premium' pack.

On a totally different subject, has anyone popped onto the Nintendo Life website before?

I'd say 80-90% of the commenters below the articles are deluding themselves when they agreed with Iwata that a price cut is unnecessary. God, some Nintendo fans winds me up far too easily. They live on a different planet.
  • DFawkes 3 Feb 2013 10:44:08 22,753 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The link no longer works for some (including me) because of a DNS issue. The changes should propagate through the system soon via science and stuff :)

Though I don't think Nintendo Life completely right, I don't think a price drop will be the magical mega sales boost some seems to assume. Yeah, it'll increase sales a bit, but so will releasing more games. So you've got 2 things that's give you a sales boost, with one causing a decrease in the money you make per unit.

So it makes some sort of sense to release a few good games first and get a small sales boost at the existing price, then maybe in the second half of the year do a price drop for a second boost. By that time, they can hopefully have addressed issues with marketing and have a library of games that cater to as many people as possible.

So there's definitely some semblance of logic to thinking a price cut is unnecessary for now, but if that's the case they really need to be doing something else. That last Nintendo Direct was almost a good start, if it weren't for the fact only people that are already fans would see it.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Deleted user 3 February 2013 11:02:17
    Psychotext wrote:
    Something about the way you put that amused me. I can see them giving each other "oh god, humour him, he's off again" looks. :D
    Yeah, that's usually the rub of it. : )
  • Deleted user 3 February 2013 11:05:30
    Mario 3D and Kart are supposed to be playable at E3 aren't they? I assumed they didn't give us footage because they wanted to reveal the titles properly at E3, they're going to need something or they'll be buried by whatever Sony/Microsoft is throwing down. Hoping for a 2013 Xmas release, that plus a 50 price cut could really help.

Edited by Jordyce at 11:06:08 03-02-2013
  • jellyhead 3 Feb 2013 11:56:26 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bloody hell, Zen Pinball 2 is a timesink! I bought the Marvel Avengers, Plants vs Zombies and Paranormal tables and it's getting competitive in the house now :) Recommended and Off-TV Play is very neat. We were watching Last Leg the other bight while passing the gamepad around for multiplayer pinball.

Looking at getting the Epic Quest table next as Miiverse seems to be enjoying it.

Downloaded The Cave demo so i'll give that a go later.

• Raiko101 3 Feb 2013 13:14:35 6,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud As somebody who bought the ZombiU bundle, with the Pro controller, for 330 I don't think it was a bad price to pay. I could have been cheaper, but I didn't feel robbed. 200 with a game bundled is wishful thinking. 200 for a stand alone console would be reasonable.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• CharlieStCloud 3 Feb 2013 13:45:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    200 for a stand alone console would be reasonable.
    I suppose so, but not with 8GB because it simply isn't future proof ... there will come a day where Nintendo shall realise that it was a fairly poor decision.

I think the premium pack with Nintendo Land and another first party game would be superb value at 250 and maybe release a 32GB basic pack with Nintendo Land for 200 come Christmas time.

Nintendo were clever and wise to include Wii Sports with the Wii yet they missed a trick with Nintendo Land; should have been bundled with every pack, whether it is the basic or premium one.

See, I may come across as a little bit doom and gloom however, I actually really want Nintendo to succeed! I grew up with them so to speak.
  • Deleted user 3 February 2013 13:48:57
    How reasonable it is will depend on what Sony and Microsoft price at. If their consoles are around 300 the Wii u looks very overpriced. If they are 400 and by that time the Wii u is near 200 then it is reasonable.
  • Deleted user 3 February 2013 13:53:37
    Sad truth is if I had no console and bought one today I would pick the seven year old machines any day. I would take 360 or ps3 at the same price too. I would not of said that at the beginning of any other console cycle.

I think with Nintendo it is still nostalgia for me, I desperately want one of their consoles but when I think about it logically after the n64 all their consoles have been shit. compared to the competition both hardware wise and software. Sure there are some wonderful exclusives with a Nintendo machine but it would takes me ages to list the games that don't get released on Nintendo hardware vs Sony or Microsoft.

Shame, would be nice to own Nintendo.
  • Lexx87 3 Feb 2013 13:53:45 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not a fair comparison though really depending what sony/soft offer

Speak the truth hussy!

• DFawkes 3 Feb 2013 13:59:04 22,753 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Nintendo were clever and wise to include Wii Sports with the Wii yet they missed a trick with Nintendo Land; should have been bundled with every pack, whether it is the basic or premium one.
    I definitely agree with this, and it still surprises me a little they didn't. Much like Wii Sports, it's a great showcase for the capabilities of the new console, and an ideal way to show it off to curious friends.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Deleted user 3 February 2013 13:59:25
    Some people don't know what they're on about to be honest.
  • Armoured_Bear 3 Feb 2013 14:58:36 10,502 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Sad truth is if I had no console and bought one today I would pick the seven year old machines any day. I would take 360 or ps3 at the same price too. I would not of said that at the beginning of any other console cycle.

I think with Nintendo it is still nostalgia for me, I desperately want one of their consoles but when I think about it logically after the n64 all their consoles have been shit. compared to the competition both hardware wise and software. Sure there are some wonderful exclusives with a Nintendo machine but it would takes me ages to list the games that don't get released on Nintendo hardware vs Sony or Microsoft.

Shame, would be nice to own Nintendo.
    Gamecube hardware was as far away from shit as you can get.

• jellyhead 3 Feb 2013 15:09:41 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I loved my gamecubes. Great bit of kit.

• PrivateFloyd 3 Feb 2013 15:20:13 4,110 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Pepsipop

what exactly is logical about the gamecube being shit?

It was a superb console with some big hitters as well.

Now the Wii, that's another story, it was the casual's boom that has destroyed Ninty's output. Riding the wave of sheeple loving waggling themselves like fucking loons to "Top 50 Carnival Games".

For the amount of time it has been out (Wii) the sheer lack of quality games compared to the xbox/ps3 is laughable. The Wii U is at risk of being tarnished with the same brush unless they pull their fingers out and release some of that quality Ninty magic.

Goat is hungry.....

• Deleted user 3 February 2013 16:05:55
    Well done, sheeple is now in my lexicon.

Gamecube was a great machine, it was relatively powerful in a nice small form factor. It suffered more from limited third party support but as with pretty much all Nintendo consoles there were some absolute gems that you couldn't get elsewhere.

The Wii U is a lovely little machine, my poor xbox hasn't had much of a look in the last week. New console thrills, hopefully I'll be as enamoured by it in the months to come.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 3 Feb 2013 18:28:57 6,654 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've been toying with the idea of Wii U but fucking hell, 48 bones for the zombie one. Christ
  • Armoured_Bear 3 Feb 2013 18:30:51 10,502 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    I've been toying with the idea of Wii U but fucking hell, 48 bones for the zombie one. Christ
    30 notes at Amazon.

• neilka 3 Feb 2013 18:32:51 15,813 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    17 schoolboy's scrotums
  • King_Edward 3 Feb 2013 18:34:14 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00844Q328

48 sugar cubes for me.
  • neilka 3 Feb 2013 18:36:11 15,813 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    75 tears of an innocent
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 3 Feb 2013 18:36:13 6,654 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nintendo stuff doesn't tend to depreciate like XBOX either
  • CharlieStCloud 3 Feb 2013 18:40:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    Join the queue and patiently wait like me!

I bet come Easter time, there will be some good deals/bundles going around ... or hopefully a Pikmin 3 pack!

I promised myself not to buy a Wii U until the next PlayStation and Xbox have been shown.

Oh, and the GameCube was an excellent console; loved the little-ickle thing.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 3 Feb 2013 18:42:26 6,654 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I hope so. The 3d mario is surely going to be great. It has to be because first party games define nintendo.
  • Armoured_Bear 3 Feb 2013 19:33:10 10,502 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00844Q328

48 sugar cubes for me.
    Choose to buy from Amazon themselves and it's 30 quid but out of stock.
    AFAIK they're usually quick to get stuff back in though.

• Page

of 1353 First / Last