Wii U Page 446

• Page

of 1212 First / Last

• Sid-Nice 23 Jan 2013 20:47:47 15,810 posts
    Seen 5 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I had a GameCube gaming bonanza on my Panasonic Q in the weeks leading to the Wii U launch; I completed Mario Sunshine and the Wind Waker during that period. I will buy a HD version of Wind Waker; but I am intrigued to what direction Nintendo will take with the new Zelda title?

I was half expecting a cell-shaded Wii U Zelda game similar to Wind Waker; after a realistic Zelda demo on the GameCube was followed by a cell-shaded game, I was assuming a similar scenario after the E3 2011 Zelda demo, although I wouldn’t complain if the finished title kept the same graphical art style as the E3 demo.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Steifybobbins 23 Jan 2013 20:56:20 312 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @JuanKerr you missed the bit where you complain its a remake... Reading this stuff is great ha!
  • Raiko101 23 Jan 2013 20:57:01 5,536 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Balloon Fight on the Wii U is the slow PAL version. A shame as the 3DS version is full speed. Thought Nintendo were past this...

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Armoured_Bear 23 Jan 2013 22:18:54 8,748 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Xenoblade 2 looks stunning, superb detail and draw distance, nice to see something show a bit of what the hardware can do. I'm well hyped for it considering how amazing Xenoblade was :-)
    Yoshi looks utterly gorgeous, hope it's similar in style to the previous Yoshi games just with that awesome art style.
    The Pikmin shots also look nice.
    Easily the best Nintendo Direct yet.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• NOSAVIOUR 23 Jan 2013 22:22:22 2,802 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Interesting lack of Wii U trolls in the thread tonight.
  • Armoured_Bear 23 Jan 2013 22:29:24 8,748 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Funny that...

• PrivateFloyd 23 Jan 2013 22:30:17 4,002 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    One of the shots of Pikmin 3, the one with close up of that red dude with the big eyes, for some reason had me mesmerised.

Pikmin 3 is fast becoming my most anticipated game this year.

Goat is hungry.....

• Bremenacht 23 Jan 2013 22:35:58 15,753 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Funny that...
    Why? You're not going to claim they've been blown out of the thread by the explosive force of the bomb are you? :D

I'm a bit fed up that Nintendo are pushing HD remakes of Gamecube games as major titles. I've played WW; I've played Pikmin 1 & 2. Love both. What can the HD versions offer, other than a chance to retread old steps for £40 a shot? I'm far more excited by what they might have done with Luigi's Mansion 2.

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• Binny 23 Jan 2013 22:37:59 182 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    One GameCube game so far.
  • PrivateFloyd 23 Jan 2013 22:41:41 4,002 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wonderful 101?

That reet pushed my buttons.

Goat is hungry.....

• CharlieStCloud 23 Jan 2013 22:44:59 4,671 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Wii U has no games ...

... until later in the year.

I am super pleased Nintendo finally came out to reveal and announce future titles, but it is just that, FUTURE titles; for all we know, the next 3D Mario (cannot wait for this!), Mario Kart, the Legend of Zelda, etc. won't be available until 2014 and beyond.

I kind of like the way the environments look in The Wind Waker HD however, the characters look really off though ... like day-glo plasticine models. Funny how the 3DS has Ocarina of Time and now, the Wii U has The Wind Waker, because they'd likely be the most critically acclaimed games on their respective systems!
  • Binny 23 Jan 2013 22:46:02 182 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah 101 looks brilliant. Does anyone know how the characters are controlled? Is it similar to pikmin, little kings story?
  • PrivateFloyd 23 Jan 2013 22:48:37 4,002 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think so, hard to tell from the gameplay vids. The ending of the newest trailer with the slide really made me smile.

And it looks batshit insane.

Goat is hungry.....

• Binny 23 Jan 2013 22:52:01 182 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah that really made me smile too.
  • richardiox 23 Jan 2013 22:58:30 5,420 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Wii U has no games ...

I am super pleased Nintendo finally came out to reveal and announce future titles, but it is just that, FUTURE titles; for all we know, the next 3D Mario (cannot wait for this!), Mario Kart, the Legend of Zelda, etc. won't be available until 2014 and beyond.

I kind of like the way the environments look in The Wind Waker HD however, the characters look really off though ... like day-glo plasticine models. Funny how the 3DS has Ocarina of Time and now, the Wii U has The Wind Waker, because they'd likely be the most critically acclaimed games on their respective systems!
    I'm assuming Yoshi, Mario 3D, Mario Kart etc will all be 2014. I fully expect that this Christmas, ZeldaWW will be the highest rated WiiU title and Nintendo's stop-gap reliance on these titles is a cheap way out. Not that I'm not grateful to be able to play remastered versions of two of my all time faves.

I still find it unreal that virtually a full 2 years after release, Zelda OoT is the highest rated 3DS game and there's fuck all other retail games (other than Mario Land) to get any 90%+ critical acclaim. Nothing 3DS wise today either.

Also, with respect to today's event, it was akin to Sony saying "at some undisclosed point in the future there will be GT6, a new Ratchett, Uncharted 4, Killzone 4 and LBP3". In other words, its not really news that there will be a new Zelda, 3D Mario, Mario Kart etc.

It's like they've pre-cum two full years of E3 announcements and I suspect its comparatively poor launch has much to do with today's pre-ejaculate.
  • Armoured_Bear 23 Jan 2013 23:01:27 8,748 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Wii U has no games ...

I'm assuming Yoshi, Mario 3D, Mario Kart etc will all be 2014. I fully expect that this Christmas, ZeldaWW will be the highest rated WiiU title and Nintendo's stop-gap reliance on these titles is a cheap way out. Not that I'm not grateful to be able to play remastered versions of two of my all time faves.

I still find it unreal that virtually a full 2 years after release, Zelda OoT is the highest rated 3DS game and there's fuck all other retail games (other than Mario Land) to get any 90%+ critical acclaim. Nothing 3DS wise today either.

Also, with respect to today's event, it was akin to Sony saying "at some undisclosed point in the future there will be GT6, a new Ratchett, Uncharted 4, Killzone 4 and LBP3". In other words, its not really news that there will be a new Zelda, 3D Mario, Mario Kart etc.

It's like they've pre-cum two full years of E3 announcements and I suspect its comparatively poor launch has much to do with today's pre-ejaculate.
    I'm confident that at least one of those 3 titles will be this year and I think Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 may have something to say about ratings.

3DS is pretty dire, hopefully there will be an interesting Nintendo Direct for it soon.

Retro game, MK and 3D Mario at E3 :D

• Deleted user 23 January 2013 23:04:35
    Hoping for the console to hit a sensible price for Christmas time/early next year and picking one up. Most of that (remakes meh) looked pretty damn decent today.
  • Armoured_Bear 23 Jan 2013 23:07:06 8,748 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    Hoping for the console to hit a sensible price for Christmas time/early next year and picking one up. Most of that (remakes meh) looked pretty damn decent today.
    I'm guessing you'll get one for 180 quid or so by then...

• Deleted user 23 January 2013 23:19:12
    Yeah and not the pikey edition. Although I know I'm kidding myself it'll come down that much.
  • Deleted user 23 January 2013 23:37:52
    Yeah there is now enough games to justify the machine. Shame I don't have £300 :-(
  • roz123 23 Jan 2013 23:50:27 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's good to see games like fire emblem and X getting announced similtaniously in Europe and Japan. hopefully we won't have to wait a year extra for them to come out over here.

Edited by roz123 at 23:50:49 23-01-2013
  • ronuds 24 Jan 2013 16:42:56 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought Nintendo Direct was great - all games we wanted to hear about!

A bit of a c-tease, seeing as how we don't know when they'll be releasing! It ended up being more like "phew, they are actually making games for the thing" than something that makes me want to run out and immediately buy a Wii U.

Yoshi and Xenoblade... and especially Pikmin... look terrific, though.
  • Psychotext 24 Jan 2013 16:49:03 52,778 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    Yeah and not the pikey edition. Although I know I'm kidding myself it'll come down that much.
    I'm pretty certain they're going to kill the pikey edition at some point. No-one wants it.
  • vyseofhr 25 Jan 2013 08:37:50 802 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Quick question for players of AC3...

I keep getting notifications telling me 'I'm in the top 5% of Riot-starters worldwide' or somesuch. Are there leaderboards? Can I view them?

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• midi82 25 Jan 2013 08:50:46 578 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I haven't noticed any leaderboards, but I have had the messages. I know there is some stats on the multiplayer about friend rankings but that's about all I can think of
  • Deleted user 25 January 2013 09:07:19
    @vyseofhr

Yes, pause the game and select the Animus Training Center from the menu.
  • jellyhead 25 Jan 2013 10:59:57 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Where's my Wii-U Premium Nintendo Code? :(

I've added ZombiU and Nintendoland but can't find my Wii-U code. Is it on a red leaflet like the games?

This signature intentionally left blank.

• midi82 25 Jan 2013 11:07:15 578 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There isn't a code in the box, it is automatically set up when you create you NNID
  • Gregolution 25 Jan 2013 11:07:54 3,116 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    Where's my Wii-U Premium Nintendo Code? :(

I've added ZombiU and Nintendoland but can't find my Wii-U code. Is it on a red leaflet like the games?
    Code? What's that for? I haven't added any codes for anything, what am I missing?
  • midi82 25 Jan 2013 11:12:25 578 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think it registers when you link to your Club Nintendo account
  • Page

of 1212 First / Last